Code of Conduct

Question when will the real discounting start this year in US / European online -discounters ??

Hi All,
    Since I joined this forum in July this year ..I am yet to experience the whole cycle of an Yr to figure out the commercial / buying / selling aspects of this hobby --so I wanted to ask the fellow basenoters as to what is the best time to buy from now till new years eve when in US and Europe perhaps the best discounts begin ?
    is it the Halloween / or some other time-frame when I should expect mailers from all these sites like fragrancex & fragrancenet / lilydirect / beautyspin etc --and https://essenza-nobile.de in Europe ...
    I am asking this as I was mulling whether I should pull the trigger on some in my list now or wait for another month or so ...to just save on precious $ ( no hednic I don't have the money to just DO IT whenever I want ) --- I am a sucker for good deals !

so any experienced basenoters out there who would like to share their knowledge of many previous yearly cycles ! >?

Default Re: when will the real discounting start this year in US / European online -discounters ??

USA is a huge consumer driven nation, while the Thanksgiving / Xmas / New Yr etc have more advertised sales, you pretty much have discounts / sales running all through the year. Check Basenotes Discounts thread, you'll find what's going on rt now. As well, online discounters like fragrancenet / parfum1, frageancex etc always have something extra discounted all yr long.

What exactly are you looking for though?
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Default Re: when will the real discounting start this year in US / European online -discounters ??

From what I've seen, no discounts ever for either firstinfragrance or Essenza Nobile...

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

End of November in the States is the best time. As for discounts on FIF and EN, only on your birthday - 10% off if you are registered and that info is in their database. Other than that, don't think so.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Discounted in stores or not, except for very few ones that are harder to find online, you'll never find better deals (or even as good as in most cases) as you'll find all year round on sites like fragrancenet, fragrancex, beautyspin, beautyencounter and others.... Sorry (Actually no since the prices online are often very good!) The prices online are often the same or very close to the ones I used to get from 2 past female "friends", who were working for houses directly, and they bought perfumes for me with the prices for friends and family. (Which is often around 50% off, sometimes 40 or 60, of retail prices.You'll never see that in stores... Except maybe on some "drugstore" one that no one else wants to have and this is why they have to almost give it away.

So based on that, no matter how they present it online, their prices (already excellent) are pretty much always the same.... Whether it's the Ho Ho Ho Santa's mega Christmas Sale, The Super cool spring break douche bag can't miss sale, Once in a lifetime Black Friday sale or Trick or Treat Halloween sale you have to be dead to miss.... It always comes back to the same price more or less.

Other than that your best bet are to watch closely on fragrance forums and "communities" for unsatisfied blind buyers (I love blind buyers! I owe them so much money saved!!) or people who got bored or even better really, really need money!!!
    Last edited by Monkeys; 16th October 2015 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    USA is a huge consumer driven nation, while the Thanksgiving / Xmas / New Yr etc have more advertised sales, you pretty much have discounts / sales running all through the year. Check Basenotes Discounts thread, you'll find what's going on rt now. As well, online discounters like fragrancenet / parfum1, frageancex etc always have something extra discounted all yr long.

thanks ...I suspected it ...but wanted to make sure that my hunch is true ...its year long so that's your take on it ....hmmm....

and we discussed over email on my requirements ...when the time is right at my end ...we will pursue that ....

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    End of November in the States is the best time. As for discounts on FIF and EN, only on your birthday - 10% off if you are registered and that info is in their database. Other than that, don't think so.
    hmmm...thanks hednic that helps ...so end of NOV when these discounters will move with further discount schemes ....? I can hold back the horses till then ...no problem ..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeys View Post
    Discounted in stores or not, except for very few ones that are harder to find online, you'll never find better deals (or even as good as in most cases) as you'll find all year round on sites like fragrancenet, fragrancex, beautyspin, beautyencounter and others.... Sorry (Actually no since the prices online are often very good!) The prices online are often the same or very close to the ones I used to get from 2 past female "friends", who were working for houses directly, and they bought perfumes for me with the prices for friends and family. (Which is often around 50% off, sometimes 40 or 60, of retail prices.You'll never see that in stores... Except maybe on some "drugstore" one that no one else wants to have and this is why they have to almost give it away.

So based on that, no matter how they present it online, their prices (already excellent) are pretty much always the same.... Whether it's the Ho Ho Ho Santa's mega Christmas Sale, The Super cool spring break douche bag can't miss sale, Once in a lifetime Black Friday sale or Trick or Treat Halloween sale you have to be dead to miss.... It always comes back to the same price more or less.

Other than that your best bet are to watch closely on fragrance forums and "communities" for unsatisfied blind buyers (I love blind buyers! I owe them so much money saved!!) or people who got bored or even better really, really need money!!!
    hmmm...this is an interesting observation ...it helps !

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I think he is looking for a few Amouages, specifically Epic Man.

---I have a EPIC MAN sample ---I think its a 3ml or 5ml ( its hidden somewhere from my eyes as far as possible ) ---I will have to mail that to you ONLY then you will stop ribbing me on it .....isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I think he is looking for a few Amouages, specifically Epic Man.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan odyssey View Post
    ---I have a EPIC MAN sample ---I think its a 3ml or 5ml ( its hidden somewhere from my eyes as far as possible ) ---I will have to mail that to you ONLY then you will stop ribbing me on it .....isn't it ?

Usually around Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I've only ever got €10 off at FiF and EN as part of the birthday discount. They've both got a 'specials' section where some discounted goods are offered.

Mind you, FiF did have 10% off when they moved locations.
    Prices Rreduced!UK Only:UK Only:Roja/Creed/ASAQ/Cartier/Agar Aura/Ensar Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Current favourites:
    Frederic Malle The Night
    Roja Dove Semi Bespoke 14
    Roja Dove Roja (Haute Luxe)
    Kilian Eternal Oud
    Chanel Cuir de Russie Parfum
    Roja Dove Great Britain
    Nabeel Spirit of Dubai Baz

Lucky enough that most online and even regular store/boutique retailers where I live (and even the ones that ship internationally, including to where I live) have certain "all year discounts/special offers", where either a few recurrent/largely unchanged or periodically alternating selections of fragrances are already being available for affordable prices and either the same fragrances or the ones outside of these special offers are more directly or indirectly further discounted through fidelity points, complimentary gifts, complimentary delivery, clearance sales etc.

Very difficult to beat this price for Epic Man imho...

http://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/...-parfum#233769

If u use ebates, u currently can get 4% cash back as well - u need to enroll & activate the fragrancenet link from there - I have seen up to 12% for fragrancenet at times...

Very difficult to beat this price for Epic Man imho...

http://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/...-parfum#233769

If u use ebates, u currently can get 4% cash back as well - u need to enroll & activate the fragrancenet link from there - I have seen up to 12% for fragrancenet at times...
    thanks for this ...but fragrancenet ...doesn't ship to INDIA ....sad but true ...and so my go-to sites are fragrancex ( free shipping with a code ) / lilydirect ( shipping cost over and above the price of the product ) / off course our very own decantshop.com but its damn costly for every OZ you get ..especially if I am ordering vintages / high end niches ..so I have rather started being a bit selective in my choices over there .....

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    I've only ever got €10 off at FiF and EN as part of the birthday discount. They've both got a 'specials' section where some discounted goods are offered.

Mind you, FiF did have 10% off when they moved locations.
    I have been thinking of ordering aventus through EN ( last I checked it was around 170$ for 75ml ) as its more competitive than even fragrancex ($230 for 75ml ) --my usual go to site ....don't know why but just wanted to share if you have any comments on that ...

Sorry for the question but what are "ebates" or rather how can people get them!? It's been a couple of times I've heard people talking about them and I want to know what it's about....

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan odyssey View Post
    thanks for this ...but fragrancenet ...doesn't ship to INDIA ....sad but true ...and so my go-to sites are fragrancex ( free shipping with a code ) / lilydirect ( shipping cost over and above the price of the product ) / off course our very own decantshop.com but its damn costly for every OZ you get ..especially if I am ordering vintages / high end niches ..so I have rather started being a bit selective in my choices over there .....
    First on the side, why do decantshop tell people (Me and a couple of other people I've read or know at least) they are from Chicago then!? I doubt a sample site has more than one "office" if we can call it that way.

Then don't be sad. For people living outside of the us like us, since fragrancenet doesn't cover shipping and especially taxes and custom fees while fragrancex does, in many cases in the end FX is cheaper than FNET for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeys View Post
    Sorry for the question but what are "ebates" or rather how can people get them!? It's been a couple of times I've heard people talking about them and I want to know what it's about....
    This was referred by another BN to me couple of years back. So go to ebates.com / ebates.ca & register; then from there search, look for fragrancenet / fragranceX etc (& other stores like amazon etc). eBates runs X / Y / Z % cashback if you shop by opening the websites through eBates. Once u activate say for fragrancenet, u'll see under your account the activation.

Depending on how much u buy & the % of cashback, you will recieve a cheque either once or twice a year.

For example, if u buy for $500 @ fragrancenet right now, on top of all the savings u got, you'll recv another 4% cash back (which isn't much right now as the % is too less, but i would wait when they offer their 12% cashback)...

This was referred by another BN to me couple of years back. So go to ebates.com / ebates.ca & register; then from there search, look for fragrancenet / fragranceX etc (& other stores like amazon etc). eBates runs X / Y / Z % cashback if you shop by opening the websites through eBates. Once u activate say for fragrancenet, u'll see under your account the activation.

Depending on how much u buy & the % of cashback, you will recieve a cheque either once or twice a year.

For example, if u buy for $500 @ fragrancenet right now, on top of all the savings u got, you'll recv another 4% cash back (which isn't much right now as the % is too less, but i would wait when they offer their 12% cashback)...
    this is fantastic piece of info. but I am wondering if its applicable for somebody in international location like me here in INDIA ? or this ebates just works for people based out of US / CANADA ?

Oh great!! Each dollar saved on the same product is always great, so 4% would still be 4% but 12... adding to FNET and FX and others' already great prices is just amazing!

Thank you very much for the very well explained and useful info! I'll make sure to register (I guess there is no charge?) tonight when I'm done with my day! Thank you very much! And nice from a fellow Canadian born

EDIT: I don't see either fragrancex or net on there. Is it because they are not always on the ebates site?
    Last edited by Monkeys; 18th October 2015 at 12:02 AM.