Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 changes its refill event

You still have to buy 2 items like before but now they are requiring one of those items has to be a full-size bottle. Last year I bought 2 candles and got NY Oud. In some years I have bought a fragrance and candle but I don't like the fact they are now requiring it. Might be passing on Bond this time around.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Re: Bond No. 9 changes its refill event

I was wondering if they were ever going to change that. Still a decent deal (since I always bought bottles anyway). However, there isn't really anything of theirs I want that I don't have at the moment. That is unfortunate however, and I think they may see a reduction in sales this time around.
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Creed - Royal Oud
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Seems fair to me. Although, whether candles or bottles, it still seems more expensive than simply buying on the grey market...
    Last edited by naylor; 18th October 2015 at 04:13 AM.

Seems fair on their part. It is annoying that both they and creed raise prices yearly but that's their prerogative.

I like the new B9 scent but I have a hard time paying $260 for 50 oz. it's their right to sell at that price though.

I've bought one bottle and even 2 sometimes during the refill event but since I now have pretty much all the ones I want except for SOP4H and Fire Island, I was just doing the candles lately. Fire I can get pretty cheap on online sites. Some stores do not let you do the I Love NY line as the 50 ml bottles are the same price as many of their candles.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I have a hard time paying $260 for 50 oz.
    Man, that's a big ol' bottle. $260 sounds like a really good deal to me...

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Man, that's a big ol' bottle. $260 sounds like a really good deal to me...
    I lol'ed
    I buy fragrances that match my personality. I want to smell like I'll whisk you away with me on a weekend retreat, not bring you to a nightclub and buy you drinks.
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Vote with your wallet.
    for swap/sale:

Lol meant 50 ml! Good catch

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Well, that kills it for me. Every year, I'd debate the refill event because I'm tempted to pick up a bottle of H.O.T. Always... but if they're requiring at least one full size bottle purchase, it's a no for me. I could do better with discounters.
    Sent from my brain using mental telepathy, except for the parts where my fingers typed on keys.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Well, that kills it for me. Every year, I'd debate the refill event because I'm tempted to pick up a bottle of H.O.T. Always... but if they're requiring at least one full size bottle purchase, it's a no for me. I could do better with discounters.
    H.O.T. is never one of the refill bottles they offer, at least at the store I've bought from.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I highly recommend you pick this one up. I am not sure if Bond has ever discontinued one of their scents, but I imagine this and Great Jones would be first on the chopping block, and HOT Always is probably their best and most unique/standout mens fragrance.

Grey market 100ml testers can be had for a little over $100 dollars. Do what I did and buy an empty Bond bottle on ebay for the cap, and you will have a capped bottle for a fraction of what the retail boxes go for.

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    I highly recommend you pick this one up. I am not sure if Bond has ever discontinued one of their scents, but I imagine this and Great Jones would be first on the chopping block
    I concur, and I also think that Great Jones is one of their best releases and generally overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    I concur, and I also think that Great Jones is one of their best releases and generally overlooked.
    If I had to choose one Bond, it would be HOT Always because the only fragrance comparable to HOT Always is vintage Givenchy Gentleman, which is discontinued, whereas GJ is a quality oakmoss powerhouse, of which there are several to choose from
    Last edited by DerangedGoose; 25th October 2015 at 07:57 PM.

I got a call from a girl at one of the Bond stores and I asked her about having to buy a full bottle. She conceded it may hurt their sales this time around as most people did go with candles and body creams. I explained I have many bottles and that buying even 1 more that I don't need isn't something I want to do but I'd be good with a candle and body wash or if I have to get a frag I LOVE NY for All is one I'd get but some stores do not allow the I LOVE NY line to count in this promotion. Each store manager is different but she said she'd let me get whatever 2 items I wanted. This store doesn't have their list of frags yet that will be available for refill. Each one varies slightly but the mainstays each store gets.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Each store manager is different but she said she'd let me get whatever 2 items I wanted.
    That's great!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

When does this 2 for 1 start?
    Amazing how your tastes change....

I have no more muglers in my wardrobe

and yes, I bleed creed

Quote Originally Posted by Puremugler View Post
    When does this 2 for 1 start?
    October 29-November 11
    Last edited by LizardKing; 1st November 2015 at 06:34 PM.

anyone purchased from Bond yet for this refill event?

anyone purchased from Bond yet for this refill event?
    I guess not. I called back to the store and the selection of refill bottles to pick from was bad. They keep putting out the same ones! I wanted SOP4H. The fact they want U to buy a 100ml bottle has to be killing their promotion. Sounds like U can get a 50ml if the right person answers the phone and understands business. I passed as they did not have the scents I wanted.

As someone who has bought from Bond during this event over the last 3 years I think they finally ruined it for me. Asking people buy a 100ml bottle as one of the items is bush league and then to not introduce more frags that you can choose from is insulting. They trot out the same tired bottles that you can get for "free" and asking you to spend much more.

Basenotes Plus

As a business owner, I fail to see the logic displayed by some of you guys...

On one hand, the company is offering a sale, meaning they are extending you a discount that you otherwise would not get. You get a free 100ml bottle of one of their fragrances. Considering the prices they charge, that's a pretty significant discount offer. Yes, yes, you may buy a lot of their bottles on the grey market for half the price, true, but Bond itself is not selling these bottles on the grey market - other retailers are - go ask them for further discounts or an extra free 100ml bottle and see if they budge. Bond sells their fragrances through a few authorized retailers and they always charge full MSRP, so if you shop at authorized retailers and understand their pricing, this is not a bad deal after all. Even if you can no longer buy two $20 candles and get a free $300 bottle of fragrance.

Then, you ask them to release even more bottles so you have something to choose from - which defies logic. A month after this sale, everyone will go back to bitching that Bond releases way too many fragrances, almost like Montale, 2-4 new bottles every month. Coming from Bond perspective - you just can't win with you guys. Too many releases, not enough releases, all at the same time. Make up your mind.

Or if the sale no longer works for you - simply move on - there are eleventy billion other bottles you could be looking at buying.
    Currently wearing: Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    As a business owner, I fail to see the logic displayed by some of you guys...

On one hand, the company is offering a sale, meaning they are extending you a discount that you otherwise would not get. You get a free 100ml bottle of one of their fragrances. Considering the prices they charge, that's a pretty significant discount offer. Yes, yes, you may buy a lot of their bottles on the grey market for half the price, true, but Bond itself is not selling these bottles on the grey market - other retailers are - go ask them for further discounts or an extra free 100ml bottle and see if they budge. Bond sells their fragrances through a few authorized retailers and they always charge full MSRP, so if you shop at authorized retailers and understand their pricing, this is not a bad deal after all. Even if you can no longer buy two $20 candles and get a free $300 bottle of fragrance.

Then, you ask them to release even more bottles so you have something to choose from - which defies logic. A month after this sale, everyone will go back to bitching that Bond releases way too many fragrances, almost like Montale, 2-4 new bottles every month. Coming from Bond perspective - you just can't win with you guys. Too many releases, not enough releases, all at the same time. Make up your mind.

Or if the sale no longer works for you - simply move on - there are eleventy billion other bottles you could be looking at buying.
    $20 candles? What planet you on? They are $105 and up.

Basenotes Plus

$20 candles? What planet you on? They are $105 and up.
    It was a tongue-in-cheek response, not an exact dollar and scents (ha! pun fully intended) one. But my local Bond No.9 lady did tell me some people were indeed trying to buy these little things and fully expecting to receive free $350 bottles of Bond fragrances:

Currently wearing: Gucci pour Homme by Gucci