Code of Conduct

Default exalting beta damascenone

Hi,
    it is possible to support/exalt or replace IFRA restricted beta-damascenone in drydown ?

Default Re: exalting beta damascenone

Quote Originally Posted by Milhaus View Post
    Hi,
    it is possible to support/exalt or replace IFRA restricted beta-damascenone in drydown ?
    Ignore the IFRA restriction and use as much as you want? You know that IFRA is an optional thing right? You only need to comply with EU cosmetics regulations which do not limit beta damascone.

My apologies - it does appear to be restricted in the EU to 0.02 of the finished product.

I do not believe Damascenone needs to be exalted. That is one powerful molecule. On the other hand, try Givescone for extending and supporting Damascenone in your fragrance. You can also try Apritone for some more extension.

Doesn't beta-damascenone take much, much longer then givescone to evaporate? (Same with Firascone I believe.) It might boost the effect on the top notes, but I doubt it will be of any help with the drydown.

At least according to TGSC beta-damascone evaporates more slowly then beta-damascenone. Perhaps some combination of both might get you closer to what you want?