Code of Conduct
    Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

Default EGOISTE Shower gel- banned in US?

Anyone have any idea why EGOISTE shower gel cannot be shipped to US? (Regular EGOISTE; not Platinum)

Strawberrynet has it, but says cannot ship to USA.

Default Re: EGOISTE Shower gel- banned in US?

I just went on the Chanel website and took the shower gel through the shipping page and up to the payment page. I didn't get any errors on there, so I'm not sure what's going on with Strawberrynet! Sorry!
    I buy fragrances that match my personality. I want to smell like I'll whisk you away with me on a weekend retreat to engage in an exciting adventure in parts unknown.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Kem View Post
    I just went on the Chanel website and took the shower gel through the shipping page and up to the payment page. I didn't get any errors on there, so I'm not sure what's going on with Strawberrynet! Sorry!
    I think you were looking at PLATINUM EGOISTE- not EGOISTE. Quite different.

The Chanel site does not show EGOISTE shower gel in USA.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Strawberrynet has some strange policies about shipment of certain "fragranced" items abroad which were implemented years ago. I have given up hope trying to make sense of their policies.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

Yeah always wondered about that. If you go to department stores in Europe you see Egoiste Shower Gel on shelves for sale.

If you remember, years ago, you couldn't buy Egoiste in the US. It's only been a couple years that it's "available" in the US.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm convinced that some of these restrictions are the European commercial equivalent of saying "screw you" to the USA. Not sure why, but I can't think of any plausible reason why certain French-made products are not available in America.

Interesting. Go figure. On the website, they have Antaeus shower gel but not Egoiste. I think I read somewhere that Egoiste was not a success in the US (hence the need for the more stereotypical Platinum thing), plus the US consumers do not seem as interested in perfumed bath products as Europeans (or at least as me). The availability of bath products is always much bigger in Europe. Chanel is very careful about what it fills the expensive shelf space with, and wants to control the distribution tightly. So perhaps it's just not being distributed here.

Or perhaps, they're waiting for the new batch. I bet it's not something that's produced frequently.

In any case, I own it (bought in Italy) and it's wonderful, as most Chanel bath products. (I also own Antaeus and Cristalle bath gels, also recommended).

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I think you were looking at PLATINUM EGOISTE- not EGOISTE. Quite different.

The Chanel site does not show EGOISTE shower gel in USA.
    You're right, sorry about that, I definitely was looking at Platinum Egoiste
    I buy fragrances that match my personality. I want to smell like I'll whisk you away with me on a weekend retreat to engage in an exciting adventure in parts unknown.

Basenotes Institution

I asked for it at the Chanel counter @ Neiman's this weekend (I was in Orlando) & was told that it was "out of stock"
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Saw some on eBay. $84!

-- Eckhart Tolle