Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Going through a bottle of Versace in a week? Week after week................yikes!

I was watching The Stephen Colbert Late Show on the CBS website and he was interviewing Jimmy Kimmel. They were talking about their agent who they share, Kimmel said that the agent goes through a bottle of Versace each week.

Did not say what size bottle and maybe he's overstating but still even if it's a bottle every two to three weeks or a month........wow!

Can you estimate the fastest you've gone through, say a 125ml bottle? Or something around that size?

A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.
    Currently wearing: Chrome Sport by Azzaro

Default Re: Going through a bottle of Versace in a week? Week after week................yikes!

Can't recall exactly, but a few come to mind. Acqua di Gio and CK One 100ml sizes when I was a pre-teen wouldn't last long for some reason lol.

During my high school years, Green Irish Tweed 2.5oz would last at least 2-3 months. Edit; I believe I was in rotation with Millesime Imperial at the time. I remember going thru a few 2.5oz of different Creeds a year but only because I would beg my father to give me testers when I was running out, lol...I hate this thread already Imagine how I was when Aventus came out 75ml at least every 3 months.

Also, I have a friend who has gone/goes through one bottle of 4oz Aventus a month. I might offend some die-hard fans, but I swear it's repulsive with that kind of usage lol.

Edit; "Wrongfully" offered to gift the father of a friend Versace Eros because he just wanted a nice looking cheapie. My friend ended up keeping it for himself (after gifting it to his dad). He now oversprays, you cannot breath if your in the same car as him.
    Last edited by fragrantseller; 21st October 2015 at 05:10 AM.
    Currently wearing: London by Tom Ford

Default Re: Going through a bottle of Versace in a week? Week after week................yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by fragrantseller View Post
    Also, I have a friend who has gone/goes through one bottle of 4oz Aventus a month. I might offend some die-hard fans, but I swear it's repulsive with that kind of usage lol.
    I doubt he uses that much juice as that is insane! But who knows creed atomizers are something else so it might be 5 sprays for 1ML making it 20 sprays in a day.
    7 sprays = 1ml | 120 ml in 4 oz | 30 days in a month
    7 * 120 = 840 sprays
    840 \ 30 = 28 sprays in 1 day
    Last edited by Fragrance junkie; 21st October 2015 at 05:57 AM.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance junkie View Post
    I doubt he uses that much juice as that is insane! But who knows creed atomizers are something else so it might be 5 sprays for 1ML making it 20 sprays in a day.
    7 * 120 = 840 sprays
    If you watch the interview Jimmy Kimmel sounds rather serious about his agent using a large quantity.
    A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.

I handed him cheapies cause he was using Aventus as a room/car spray. I also made it a point to introduce him to others in the Creed line, as he was strictly 'on Aventus' lol
    Currently wearing: London by Tom Ford

100ml in a week.... kinda "over over spraying". It is almost just like a bath with fragrance.

Even though on the rather heavier side of spraying/splashing on fragrance, due to rotation and/or not wearing fragrance each day, needing at least a year for a bottle of this particular size

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I usually use up 100 ml in about 50 days.

One week is maybe too much, if it's not something like Virgin Island Water, Millesime Imperial (other Creeds) or Mugler Cologne.

When I was a one bottle person I used to use a 100ml bottle in about 3-4 months and that's because I'd wear the cologne everyday... 100ml in a week sounds exaggerated, but who knows.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

There's a Japanese celebrity named Gackt and he allegedly goes through copious amounts(50ml per week) of Chanel's Platinum Egoiste, but who knows. +1-I agree with Tim.
    Last edited by Paul H; 21st October 2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: fact check

For most, a 100ml should last a calendar year if its used as a signature. Now, if you're creating a mushroom cloud of nuclear proportions around you, I suppose a week could be doable
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Repeat the mantra of Hednic: 3 sprays Max.

I doubt this guy is using a bottle a week. Probably an exageration in regards to overspraying.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.
    Currently wearing: Oud Alif by Shay & Blue

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Sounds obnoxious. Or just plain noxious, lol. This agent must have choked up a few deals along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post

Can you estimate the fastest you've gone through, say a 125ml bottle? Or something around that size?
    Maybe when I was very young and had few - about a month.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I could get through most Versaces in 10 minutes

Just pour them down the f...ing drain

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    I was watching The Stephen Colbert Late Show on the CBS website and he was interviewing Jimmy Kimmel. They were talking about their agent who they share, Kimmel said that the agent goes through a bottle of Versace each week.

Did not say what size bottle and maybe he's overstating but still even if it's a bottle every two to three weeks or a month........wow!

lets not forget for a minute, that he is a COMEDIAN also and for the sake of emphasis they do practice Hyperboles but will never know unless some one contacts the agent personally and ask him...lol
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Dependent

I wont fully admit how much Fragrance I went through when I was an over sprayer. It was that bad.

Basenotes Plus

I cant remember ever actually finishing a bottle

I am a pretty big sprayer so I would guess that I use 1.5ml per day as a minimum so however long that would take, 2.5 months?
    Currently wearing: Black Oud by LM Parfums

Can't remember ever finishing a full bottle. Got a few down to the last leg though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post

Yes, some people feel that way about Versace.

Mola Ram Sudha Ram!

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    That is one lucky bottle......

On a more serious note, I guess you could drink perfume, if it is not denatured and does not contain any harmful chemicals in toxic quantitties.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Dependent

Default Re: Going through a bottle of Versace in a week? Week after week................yi

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance junkie View Post
    7 * 120 = 840 sprays
    I killed a 4 ouncer of aventus in 28 days. I can believe the story. I have reeled it in tremendously but for a time it was absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Norstrøm View Post
    That is one lucky bottle......

On a more serious note, I guess you could drink perfume, if it is not denatured and does not contain any harmful chemicals in toxic quantitties.
    I had a few customers who would spray some of the testers into their mouths. In fact we couldn't keep the Mugler Cologne tester on the counter because a customer figured out the sprayer could be easily unscrewed and consumed straight-up. We had to hide the after shave splash too for the same reason. All from the same man who would spray his "junk" as well.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    I had a few customers who would spray some of the testers into their mouths. In fact we couldn't keep the Mugler Cologne tester on the counter because a customer figured out the sprayer could be easily unscrewed and consumed straight-up. We had to hide the after shave splash too for the same reason. All from the same man who would spray his "junk" as well.
    I would have told him that he hasnt lived until he takes a shot or two to the eyes, lol.

I was once in a perfume shop in Westwood (a part of Los Angeles) and a guy came in to pick up a standing order--a very large, almost factice size bottle of Paco Rabanne. He was the PA to a celebrity and he bought one every month. Jaw dropping, as this was easily a quart-sized bottle. The proprietor was too discreet to mention who the actor was only that he was a famous household name and retired. Somewhere in Hollywood there must be a cloud of Paco Rabanne hovering around this guy--whoever he is!
    Striving still to Truth unknown

Default Re: Going through a bottle of Versace in a week? Week after week................yi

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    I killed a 4 ouncer of aventus in 28 days. I can believe the story. I have reeled it in tremendously but for a time it was absolutely ridiculous.
    WHAAAA...... a 4 oz bottle of Aventus in less than a month?! I tip my cap to you sir!!!
    Eph 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    There's allegedly a Japanese celebrity named Gackt or someone and he alleges goes through copious amounts(50ml a week) of Chanel's Platinum Egoiste, but who knows. +1-I agree with Tim.
    Well if it's Chanel I can understand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post

Omg, yes! You took the words right out of my mouth!