Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 48 of 48
  1. #31
    jason_newton
    Guest

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    It would be good to get a batch code list for Cartier but there isn't enough interest. Same for CK and RL.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    That's what I have:

    Pasha (most likely vintage - old font, all signs mentioned above present ): don't see a batch code anywhere on the bottle or sticker, unfortunately I don't have a box for this one.

    Pasha (intermediate - no "for men", "Paris" present, newer font but has gold rim, box is silver, black, gold): can only read "7 06" on sticker at the bottom of the 50ml-bottle and M706014 on the bottom of the box.

    Pasha (intermediate - no "for men", "Paris" present, newer font): my 100ml bottle doesn't have a batch code anywhere, there's no sticker at the bottom and I don't have either box or cap for it.

    Santos Eau de Sport (not vintage, I guess - plainer font with sarifs for "Santos", box is silver and gold): 12015 on the lower back of 50ml-bottle - S712015 on box

    Will take pictures too - should've done that long ago actually... :/ Just a few weeks ago I thought there should be an identification-thread for RLs too, actually.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 5th April 2016 at 10:51 AM.
    Currently wearing: bne by Pierre Balmain

  3. #33
    jason_newton
    Guest

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    This is the 1993 bottle I bought back in the day. It's not the deluxe refillable edition.
    I cannot photograph the bottle as the box is still sealed.


  4. #34

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_newton View Post
    This is the 1993 bottle I bought back in the day. It's not the deluxe refillable edition.
    I cannot photograph the bottle as the box is still sealed.
    Note the vintage-font used for "Pasha"! This really seems to be the easiest way to detect vintage bottles - or at least sufficiently old ones. Seems also true for other Cartier fragrances that were on the market at that time.
    Currently wearing: bne by Pierre Balmain

  5. #35

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Hey guys!
    I'm looking to find a vintage bottle of Pasha.. it's my most complimented scent and my favourite scent personally.
    How could I identify a box if it's vintage or new? Could you tell by the front of the box?

    I recently tested what I believe to be a vintage bottle, the rings were gold and the juice was greenish... smells a good 30% different from my newer bottle with silver rings.. does anybody have any similar experiences?

  6. #36
    Basenotes Member Gail Elliott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
    Hey guys!
    I'm looking to find a vintage bottle of Pasha.. it's my most complimented scent and my favourite scent personally.
    How could I identify a box if it's vintage or new? Could you tell by the front of the box?

    I recently tested what I believe to be a vintage bottle, the rings were gold and the juice was greenish... smells a good 30% different from my newer bottle with silver rings.. does anybody have any similar experiences?
    The vintage is the box in the photograph uploaded by jason_newton.
    Last edited by Gail Elliott; 28th January 2018 at 09:48 PM.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
    Hey guys!
    I'm looking to find a vintage bottle of Pasha.. it's my most complimented scent and my favourite scent personally.
    How could I identify a box if it's vintage or new? Could you tell by the front of the box?

    I recently tested what I believe to be a vintage bottle, the rings were gold and the juice was greenish... smells a good 30% different from my newer bottle with silver rings.. does anybody have any similar experiences?
    Not doubting you but just wondering if that bottle you tested may be the 'Fraicheur Menthe' version as that one has a green coloured liquid? I have the vintage Pasha from 1992 and the colour is sort of a dull yellow. There may be a slight change of colour in later production perhaps? Much as I like Pasha, I love the 'Fraicheur Menthe' version even more - somewhat lighter with a more pronounced mint note while retaining the Pasha dna - longevity is slightly less than the original though, still it is a lovely fresher version (unlike a 'sport' type) for those who find Pasha a little too strong ......

  8. #38

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gail Elliott View Post
    - - - Updated - - -



    The vintage is the box in the photograph uploaded by jason_newton.
    Thanks.. I saw the post but couldn't find a pic of the front of the box..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aaz View Post
    Not doubting you but just wondering if that bottle you tested may be the 'Fraicheur Menthe' version as that one has a green coloured liquid? I have the vintage Pasha from 1992 and the colour is sort of a dull yellow. There may be a slight change of colour in later production perhaps? Much as I like Pasha, I love the 'Fraicheur Menthe' version even more - somewhat lighter with a more pronounced mint note while retaining the Pasha dna - longevity is slightly less than the original though, still it is a lovely fresher version (unlike a 'sport' type) for those who find Pasha a little too strong ......
    I wouldn't describe it as just dull yellow, though it leans more towards that than green... if the new pasha had an EdP version, that would be it. It was a darker yellow with a slightly green tint to it. But your description sounds more accurate than mine... You have made me curious about FM version.. will get my hands on one asap. Thanks for the reply!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gail Elliott View Post
    - - - Updated - - -



    The vintage is the box in the photograph uploaded by jason_newton.
    Maybe I misunderstood...
    Vintage does not come in red boxes? Only black?
    Last edited by ticktock; 29th January 2018 at 10:32 AM.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
    Vintage does not come in red boxes? Only black?
    That's right. The red box is a sure sure sign that it's not vintage Pasha, afaik.
    Currently wearing: bne by Pierre Balmain

  10. #40
    Basenotes Member Gail Elliott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
    Thanks.. I saw the post but couldn't find a pic of the front of the box..

    - - - Updated - - -



    I wouldn't describe it as just dull yellow, though it leans more towards that than green... if the new pasha had an EdP version, that would be it. It was a darker yellow with a slightly green tint to it. But your description sounds more accurate than mine... You have made me curious about FM version.. will get my hands on one asap. Thanks for the reply!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Maybe I misunderstood...
    Vintage does not come in red boxes? Only black?
    The silver box with the Black stripe - as in the three photos above. That's the original 1992 version. The silver boxes are later in the decade and crossing into the 2000s. The red boxes are about 2005 onwards.

  11. #41

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Eyo Pasha lovers,

    Look what I got today! Just bought it.
    I think it might be part of the first reformulation...that as I know is almost exactly the same as first!
    Maybe one day, I'll get first formula too.

    What do you think?

    Screenshot_20200107-130121_eBay.jpg

    Thank you, kindly!
    All the best...
    One person's craziness is other person's reality !
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

  12. #42

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Anyyyone?
    One person's craziness is other person's reality !
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

  13. #43
    Im not old: Im vintage.
    PStoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,367

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    What exactly are you asking? As you said, it's an early reformulation, or perhaps just repackaging. The first issue had "Pasha" in a rounded sans-serif font and had the words "for men" underneath "eau de toilette":

    C6ftNWaWgAAgRVN.jpg

    However, the bottle you have retains the word "Paris" under "Cartier," so it's still fairly early. It would have come in the same black and silver art deco style box as the original. The next design had a simplified gray box and dropped the word "Paris."

    I couldn't say for certain how different the scent is between those early versions, but from the comments I've read, I gather not very.
    Currently wearing: Yram by Mary Chess

  14. #44

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    What exactly are you asking? As you said, it's an early reformulation, or perhaps just repackaging. The first issue had "Pasha" in a rounded sans-serif font and had the words "for men" underneath "eau de toilette":

    C6ftNWaWgAAgRVN.jpg

    However, the bottle you have retains the word "Paris" under "Cartier," so it's still fairly early. It would have come in the same black and silver art deco style box as the original. The next design had a simplified gray box and dropped the word "Paris."

    I couldn't say for certain how different the scent is between those early versions, but from the comments I've read, I gather not very.
    Thanks Stoller! That's what I wanted to hear, lol.
    Well, I see that it doesn't have the gold ring on top...
    Mhhm, what do you think? I see that this kind of bottle is in its early ads...after first one with hand writing "Pasha"...
    One person's craziness is other person's reality !
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

  15. #45

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    It's still a good reformulation, don't worry.
    Last edited by Ciprian; 8th January 2020 at 08:12 PM.

  16. #46

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    It's still a good reformulării, don't worry.
    So, I shouldn't worry, eh?
    Am I in the cream of Pasha?
    One person's craziness is other person's reality !
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

  17. #47

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Where would people date my bottle? I know it doesn't have the old font and doesn't say Paris or "for men", but it goes have the gold rim and does have Oakmoss in the ingredients. Maybe the last good formulation?

    IMG_20200523_102828__01.jpg

    IMG_20200523_103528.jpg

    IMG_20200523_103538.jpg

    IMG_20200523_103646.jpg

  18. #48

    Default Re: Vintage Pasha de Cartier - Any visual clues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestations View Post
    Where would people date my bottle? I know it doesn't have the old font and doesn't say Paris or "for men", but it goes have the gold rim and does have Oakmoss in the ingredients. Maybe the last good formulation?
    I'm not sure how to date it reliably but it certainly isn't vintage (red box) and oak moss in the ingredient list is not necessarily a good thing. While it does mean that it is still part of the formulation, it also means that it dates from a time where it already was recognized and treated as an allergen and had to be listed explicitly as part of some regulations.

    That "7BAB" in the last picture should be a batch code. According to checkfresh.com, that means it was manufactured 2017-02 (or 2007-02, since they allegedly repeat these codes every 10 years).Those sites are all kinda unreliable in my experience though.
    Currently wearing: bne by Pierre Balmain




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000