Code of Conduct

Default I've never used fragrancenet before, what should I know?

I've always been very cautious with the grey market, I feel much more comfortable buying things full price from official retailers. However, due to the price of fragrances and my interest in building a collection and trying different kinds, retail price gets very expensive. So my questions are:

Are there any brands I should avoid?

Most of the reviews on Yelp and Google reviews have very negative things to say about authenticity and customer service. Are those legit issues?

Has anyone ever had a problem with authenticity or expiration?

Where does fragrancenet get their fragrances from?

thanks for your help everyone

Default Re: I've never used fragrancenet before, what should I know?

I love fragrancenet... Have used many times with no issues. Fabulous pricing and great selection can't ask for better

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

So if I were to order Boss Bottled and Tommy Bahama St Barts, they would be in the original packaging and be the same as if I bought them from an official retailer?

Basenoter

For trying different kinds, go wild at Surrender to Chance.

To wear all the time, a full bottle from Fragrancenet is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by sean557 View Post
    So if I were to order Boss Bottled and Tommy Bahama St Barts, they would be in the original packaging and be the same as if I bought them from an official retailer?
    Yes.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Yes no problems. The only time they may come without a box is if they are testers and they will be noted as such. You can feel at ease purchasing from fragrancenet.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Dance by Tauer

Yes but half off! Don't pay full retail!

Basenoter

As to where the fragrances come from, it may be from "overstock," as they say, resulting from over-estimates of market demand; surely not intentionally undercutting their retail partners for the lure of online discounter cash flow.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

In response to the thread question you posed other than what has already been mentioned, another thing you should know is that their shipping at times can be agonizingly slow.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I've only had great experiences purchasing many times from Fragrancenet and shipping times were fine too - I think a week or so.

Dependent

Authenticity is not an issue. In fact there are just as many false reports of counterfeits as their are real ones. Usually what happens is a person buys a fragrance from them they get it and see it doesn't match the old stock photo and they do a google search about fakes finding a single person who states it is such and they go back making accusations prematurely. Most times its a simple matter of a packaging change or a fragrance that has been reformulated and got a new look along with it so the scent and packaging are off though it is legit.

There are only two issues I have with fragrancenet. The first is if you have a problem with your order you have one option which is to return it. But if it you have opened it the list of possible reason in which to return it are very few. And in one case I got an opened and used bottle and they refused to refund or replace it because they said that since it was opened it was not able to be returned. Not sure if that was a communication breakdown or if they just didn't believe it was opened and felt I was trying to return something just because I didn't like it.

The second issue is their samples and coupon codes. The samples are an absolute joke. 99% of the time they only sell fragrance samples. The only actual fragrance samples you will get from them are the ones of their own line of fragrances which I think is a whopping 4 or 5 total. And they are garbage. Most times its a cheap mirror, or a nail file. Ad that really gets my nuts in a knot. If I buy a male marketed fragrance I feel my sample should be targeted for males. Or at least a unisex fragrance. The coupon codes are also a pita and not really that special. They make the 15-25% seem special. But the truth is they always have these codes available and most times its cheaper to pay the regular price because that gets free shipping which the shipping costs more than what you saved with a coupon anyways. Now if you are buying multiple scents it can be good because you get both free shipping and the discount.

I forgot to mention Fragrancenet while offering free shipping that shipping is the slowest of any retailer I have ever seen. They are pretty deceptive on ebay as they will create a tracking number immediately but they don't actually ship for sometimes a whole week. The last order I placed with them I actually forgot all about because it took so long.

I actually prefer lily direct, universal perfumes and cosmetics, and above all peraroma.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 8th November 2015 at 05:21 PM.
    If you are one of those people who insist on paying full retail......Please check out my for sale thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveau Nez View Post
    I've only had great experiences purchasing many times from Fragrancenet and shipping times were fine too - I think a week or so.
    Now if you have Shoprunner, you get Fragrancenet purchases in two days.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Now if you have Shoprunner, you get Fragrancenet purchases in two days.
    Oh, thanks! I'll have to look into that...already a big fan of Amazon Prime!

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveau Nez View Post
    Oh, thanks! I'll have to look into that...already a big fan of Amazon Prime!
    It's free if you have an American Express Card and just put it on file with them.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's free if you have an American Express Card and just put it on file with them.
    Very nice!!..and yes, "guilty" on having amex. Hadn't even heard of this before.

This question has been asked a thousand times. Did you even attempt a search?
    Currently wearing: Amber Oud by Nicola´

If you can tolerate very slow, but FREE, shipping, then they're worth it for the great prices. If you have several bottles, then you can afford the wait.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    This question has been asked a thousand times. Did you even attempt a search?

Yes I have, and that's how I found bad reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by seymours62 View Post
    I love fragrancenet... Have used many times with no issues. Fabulous pricing and great selection can't ask for better

This.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Blog Entries

You can also shop Fragrancenet through their ebay store, they sometimes have items there that they don't seem to have on their main website, like half full bottles.

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Have had nothing but positive experiences with fragrancenet

I wouldn't spend more than $50 or so on one fragrance alone (like an Amouage or Creed) but for regular frags I trust this website 100%. shipping has been reasonable but I've never ordered at high volume times (upcoming holiday season)
    Currently wearing: Polo Red by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by bdrockband1 View Post
    I wouldn't spend more than $50 or so on one fragrance alone (like an Amouage or Creed) but for regular frags I trust this website 100%. shipping has been reasonable but I've never ordered at high volume times (upcoming holiday season)
    What's the reasoning behind that?
    Currently wearing: Amber Oud by Nicola´

They're legit. The most I ever spent there for a single bottle was for Chinatown which was a steal, and it was 100% authentic. Compared it on opposite wrists with my new samples from one of the NYC bond stores and there was no difference. I will only buy bottles at retail price if I'm in Paris at a place like Printemps, since the exchange rate is so good for Americans (plus that VAT refund). Otherwise, I mostly stick with FN (and mostly their ebay store), and sometimes beautyspin.

Other than slow shipping, they are pretty good.
    Currently wearing: Le Vetiver Itasca by Lubin