Code of Conduct

Default Dubai Perfume Shopping

This is just my observation from four days in Dubai, including one in Abu Dhabi.

Perfumes are currently pretty much as dear as in Europe and in department stores in Australia when shopping within the big malls.
    Though a lot more niche stuff can be found in them compared to typical European and Australian stores,

However, lots of interesting bargains can be found in shops along the shopping strips (though one usually will shop there at night if it is too hot during the day). Examples include the Gift-Village in the corner of Baniyas Square, and Inner City Perfumes, also within that square.

Today I was wandering around Deira City Centre shopping mall, and in the Pullman Hotel City centre corner of that mall, on the second floor, I came across seven or eight perfume shops which sold solely Arabian perfumes, clustered together. I hadn't found a similar cluster in the Dubai Mall or in the Mall of the Emirates (though they are so big, such a cluster would be easy to miss). Anyhow, I suspect any Basenoter interested in Arabian perfumes could happily spend several days sniffing at that cluster.

On my last visit, I did notice that the duty free perfume places at Dubai airport were slightly cheaper than in the big malls.
    Regards,
    Renato

Default Re: Dubai Perfume Shopping

Thanks for sharing. Good precise info methinks

-Mark

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Renato, thanks for starting this topic!
    Did you come across the Serge Lutens' fragrances, especially in Dubai? Some time ago they used to be sold at Paris Gallery, but as by now they disappeared from their website...
    Your Perfume Guide (all about city shopping guides and list of parfums by dominating note)

Quote Originally Posted by Dariushka View Post
    Renato, thanks for starting this topic!
    Did you come across the Serge Lutens' fragrances, especially in Dubai? Some time ago they used to be sold at Paris Gallery, but as by now they disappeared from their website...
    Hi,
    I didn't see Serge Lutens, though I wasn't looking hard. Certainly in the Mall of the Emirates I came across dozens of displays of niche scents, many of which I had only ever heard about here, and a whole bunch of prominently displayed niche houses I have never heard of at all. At Deira City Centre mall, I finally checked out some Kilian scents - mainly because I knew the name from here.

At the airport today, I saw that A*men Pure Wood was 248 dirham's, whereas it was 309 dirham's in every mall perfume store. Though the selection of niche scents at the airport are far more limited. I passed on Pure Wood.

I am writing this on the plane back home to Australia.
    Regards,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Renato; 9th November 2015 at 02:06 PM.

Hi Renato,

You are indeed correct on that indulgence lounge at Deira City Center, My top favs these days are the ASAQ oils and Borooz collection from Rasasi which are great offerings in excellent prices. You can also find some excellent deals at perfume shops in areas that arent crowded. For example there is a shop near Aswaaq at Mirdiff area which would sell you an original perfume at 40% less price. Send me a pm next time you are in town . Cheers Zee

OttomanEmpire

Swiss Arabian wonderful parfume store dubai I buy Swiss Arabian: imperial

Can anyone confirm if InterCity perfume is still in business?

They were great to deal with on my last trip and prices MUCH better than department stores with a great range of designer and niche

I've messaged them on Facebook with no reply in over a week. Their email bounces back, this doesn't look good, I can't imagine such a busy store would close but have they moved? Changed name? Or are they gone? If anyone local could advise I would greatly appreciate as I'm heading there in a couple of days and was banking on this place still being there for my purchases
    My top 30

1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Amber Sky /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / Baccarat Rouge 540
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Sleek Suede / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Layton
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Reckless
    12. Diadema / Prada L’Homme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Clive X

I've been in InterCity last month, everything is going well, clients and sales yata yata. Feels bad because i haven't gotten to your comment in time

So guys since i last posted a comment, I have found many new gems here hidden in souq selling niche at a very good price. We also have now formed a nice little frag lover community here so feel free to drop me a line if you want to be added to that group and we will be happy to give you directions on where to get the best deal in dubai.
    Odors have a power of persuasion stronger than that of words, appearances, emotions, or will. The persuasive power of an odor cannot be fended off, it enters into us like breath into our lungs, it fills us up, imbues us totally. There is no remedy for it...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeSheikh View Post
    Hi Renato,

You are indeed correct on that indulgence lounge at Deira City Center, My top favs these days are the ASAQ oils and Borooz collection from Rasasi which are great offerings in excellent prices. You can also find some excellent deals at perfume shops in areas that arent crowded. For example there is a shop near Aswaaq at Mirdiff area which would sell you an original perfume at 40% less price. Send me a pm next time you are in town . Cheers Zee
    Sorry for my very belated reply of nearly two years, as I just saw your response.
    Good to see another Basenoter knows of those shops at Deira City Centre.
    Thanks for your advice - I don't know Aswaaq at Mirdiff, but will look it up when next I stay in Dubai.
    Cheers,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeSheikh View Post
    So guys since i last posted a comment, I have found many new gems here hidden in souq selling niche at a very good price. We also have now formed a nice little frag lover community here so feel free to drop me a line if you want to be added to that group and we will be happy to give you directions on where to get the best deal in dubai.
    I wonder where that hidden souq is?

Actually, on re-reading this thread which I wrote on my last visit to Dubai, I just remembered that on my first visit five years ago, one night my wife and i had visited the Gold souq because she wanted a necklace. Being a nice night, we then decided to walk down to Baniyas Square and to our hotel The Radisson Blu. So off we went, heading south with my trusty map - which turned out to be totally inadequate. We walked past all the shops selling door knobs, then past all the shops selling compressors, then turned left, then turned right, whereupon I spotted on the right a perfume shop selling tons of niche scents (heaps of Creeds) and it was packed with people buying scents. It must have been good value, because I couldn't get anyone to serve me - so busy were they serving others - as I wanted to know how much their Aventus cost.

I must have looked pretty dopey asking people on every street which way to Baniyas Square, but they were all very good natured and helpful, and we finally got there, and on to our hotel.

I've often wondered if I had walked past the best value perfume shop in Dubai that night, given the numbers of tourists furiously buying scents in it.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 6th September 2017 at 01:48 PM.