Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Dunhill......SIGNATURE? basenotes calls it such but

Where does it say SIGNATURE? Not on the sample I purchased, fragrantica doesn't list it as such.

So is it just Dunhill or Dunhill Signature?
    A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Default Re: Dunhill......SIGNATURE? basenotes calls it such but

I always thought it was one and the same.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I always thought it was one and the same.
    Fragrance sellers, online, just refer to it as Dunhill for Men.

No Signature.
    A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.

I've wondered about the same thing. I finally decided since they both have the same (unusual) bottle, with a clear bottle and brown juice, they were the same cologne.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tabacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Montale Boise Fruite, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ntale-Samples!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven & Prelude to Love, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tabacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage, Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Montale Boise Fruite, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I like dunhill but they confuse me a hell of alot just bought dunhill silver
    Dont know if its new or old or not. But dunhill for men is the brown juice. Very nice stuff.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

There are two Dunhill for Men frags; the original 1934 issue, and the 2003 one. The nomenclature is puzzling, to say the least.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Eau Fraîche by Molinard

I was always under the impression Dunhill and Dunhill For Men are two completely different fragrances. Personally, I usually refer to Dunhill as "2003" or "Brown" because the actual name "Dunhill" is far too generic and confusing. I'm sure I've also seen it referred to as "Dunhill Man".

Never smelled Dunhill For Men but my bottle of Dunhill 2003/Brown is fairly nice. It's essentially an aromatic woody fragrance with a hint of soapiness and a "syrupy" quality which sounds like a negative to me but I find it works here. Performance is very good and I believe it's well worth the price, which is extremely low.

Basenotes lists it as Dunhill Signature, while Fragrancenet lists it as Dunhill Man. It's in the square/clear bottle, with brown juice. I don't think either "Signature" or "Man" is actually listed on the box or bottle, rather, it just lists it as "Dunhill". So I'm not sure where the extra words came from, or who made them up. It came along in 2003.

It's not to be confused with the original Dunhill for Men in the old spiraled conical bottle, with yellowish juice, which is sometimes referred to as Dunhill for Men, Dunhill for Men 1934, and now, Dunhill (London) for Men.

In any event, I'm not thrilled with the current version of Dunhill for Men, and I can't get hold of a genuine vintage version without paying big bucks.

But I DO like the current Dunhill/Dunhill Signature/Dunhill Man in the square bottle. For 20 bucks, I think it's a steal, but reviews show that it is a definite love or hate cologne. I think it's a nice, creamy smelling, versatile cologne with an excellent price and very good projection and longevity.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tabacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Montale Boise Fruite, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ntale-Samples!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven & Prelude to Love, Tiffany for Men Cologne Concentree, Odori Tabacco, TDC de Bachmakov, Creed Neroli Sauvage, Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis & Vetiver Fatal, Montale Boise Fruite, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris fragrances, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I guess this is the one we are talking about?

Now is this the other bottle that perhaps perfaddict is referring to?

Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I guess this is the one we are talking about?

Now is this the other bottle that perhaps perfaddict is referring to?

Does anyone know if the "2003" version of the upper photo (which is the "1934" Dunhill for Men) has the same bottle design ?
    This is very confusing, not least because some say the scent is still very similar to the original and some say it's nothing like.
    I've been meaning to try the 2003 version but can't ever find it to test. The original is superb imo.

I bought a bottle recently that matched your top pic in the conical bottle, but did not care for it and returned it. From everything I had read, I was sure that was the bottle to get if you wanted to smell the "real" Dunhill 1934. But now I'm not so sure. Since I bought that bottle, I've run across some pics here on Basenotes of some REALLY older Dunhill 1934 bottles. Now I'm undecided on exactly how far I should go in my quest to smell the "original" 1934 version. Here's a pic of the bottle I'm looking for on the right....

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...=1#post2070488

After smelling what was supposed to be a very decent version of Dunhill 1934, I MUCH prefer the Dunhill "Signature/Man" in the second picture above. It's 20 bucks at Fragrancenet and just a nice, cheap overall fragrance for me. Totally different than Dunhill 1934.