Code of Conduct
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Default Re: [UK] Etro - Manrose, Zegna - Strength, Tauer - ACDD, Nishane - Hacivat, Aventus, Viking + more..

Boclet TOAK arrived here, and as usual I'll post first impressions:

Tonka: Smells like an explosion in a sweet shop.
    Leather: An original take, enjoying it thus far.
    Incense: Soapy with a slight Vicks VapoRub vibe, pretty good.
    Currently wearing: goste / L'goste by Chanel

Basenotes Member

Default Re: [UK] Etro - Manrose, Zegna - Strength, Tauer - ACDD, Nishane - Hacivat, Aventus, Viking + more..

With a description like this (smells like a blend between Rose 31 and the smoky base of Aventus), that sounds like a winner to me and just the type of juice that appeals to me.

Palm you still seem to have your pimping down to a art young Sir

If you can be so kind and hit me with 20ml of this Manrose juice, i would be most grateful.

Right now back to the real world called work

Cheers Bud.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

20ml of Etro - Manrose for me please sounds great!

Just doing the iTrader thing for the TOAK now Palm, cheers again!

Basenotes Member

Hi Palmolive

Aventus arrived safely. Many thanks once again.

Cheers Dave
    Currently wearing: Hacivat by Nishane

Hi. How do I go about ordering some Aventus? Please advise me as I'm new here. Thanks

How do I order some Aventus please? I'm new here and have no idea. Thanks.

TOAK Arrived

Incense
    Leather
    Tonka

Order in which i like them!

Hi palm,
    Can you put me down for Guerlain - Vetiver 20ml, please
    Thanks
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: [UK] Etro - Manrose, Zegna - Strength, Tauer - ACDD, Nishane - Hacivat, Aventus, Viking + more..

Aventus 17V01 50ml received! Smells same as 100ml 17V01 Aventus from Liberty. Will see on longevity though

Thanks Pal!

Basenotes Member

Boclet TOAK arrived yesterday! Great stuff! Cheers Palm.

Franck Boclet TOAK arrived yesterday, perfect packaging as always - think my favorite from first sniff is Tonka but haven't worn any so may change!

Hi

Last 2 bottles arrived quickly and in top condition as always!

Please can you put me down for 1 slot of the Creed Aventus?

Cheers
    RyDane

Hey Palm, great minds think alike. Looking forward to the PdM TOAK.

Please put me down for 10ml of the Manrose.

Cheers.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Any more takers for Green Irish Tweed - bottle 10?
    Its on my sons xmas list!!

Came downstairs to see my TOAK waiting for me... been spraying and smelling most of the day.

Ive changed my order for the Franck Boclet god knows how many times over the past few hours and even asked my brother for his order!

Im surprised with what time final order is as I’ve flipped it lol

1. Incense (I don’t like incense in general)
    2. Tonka
    3. Leather

Even writing this now I’m thinking of swapping 1 and 2 around ��

Palm like the others above me, those descriptions of the new added scents look really appealing.... The vast selection you’ve got now up for grabs is going to hurt my pockets ��

On that note can i take the last 10ml for Manrose and put me down for Guerlain - Vetiver as well please

Looking forward to the new toak

Hi palm,
    Dior Homme intense arrived, great service as usual.
    Thanks again.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

After my second day of Boclet TOAK, I'm going for:

#1: Leather
    #2: Incense
    #3: Tonka

I quite like the incense and it's a well-done scent but I find it more like a soapy smell than incense, hence it not being in first position for me. The leather seems to last better on me too and is definitely an original and pleasant take on a leather scent so it gets my #1 vote. The Tonka is just not my thing at all, but glad I tried it. If I take Boclet's Tobacco and Amber into account, the list in preference order would be:

#1: Tobacco
    #2: Leather
    #3: Amber
    #4: Incense
    #5: Tonka
    Currently wearing: goste / L'goste by Chanel

Looks like the Nishane - Hacivat hype train is gaining some traction. First there were a slew of joyous comments from other members and now this review:

Spray once and set for the whole day and night? Check
    People coming up to you asking what you're wearing? Check
    Complex scent that has layers and depth? Check

Call me crazy but that reminds me strongly of how Aventus used to be way back in the old days so my interest has climbed from curious to hyped, even with its eye watering price because if it performs like that then its worth the spend. 5ml comes in at 25 and we've got 1 slot left.

Also people have been saying that Dior Homme Parfum could be getting discontinued so if anyone wants to grab a split whilst they can then I've added it to the list at 25.00 for 20ml or 14.50 for 10ml delivered. This scent was featured in the Iris Essentials TOAK and is a super strong and much more masculine rendition of the familiar Dior Homme formula thanks to the way they've shifted the composition and added in a deep leather accord to the base and is perfect for the season as the cold really brings it to life.

Hi Palm, put me down for for the Dior Homme Parfum 20mls please. It was on my 'to-buy' list forever but I simply couldn't justify buying a whole bottle.

Basenotes Member

Hi Palmolive
    Put me down for 5ml of the Nishane please.
    Cheers Dave
    Currently wearing: Hacivat by Nishane

Hi,
    TOAK Boclet arrived - many thanks!

And I'm sold on the Nishane - please put me down for 5 ml.

JP

Hi Palmolive - I'll go for 5ml of the Hacivat - thank you!

Hi, Palm

Can you put me down for 20ml of Dior Homme Parfum, please? Cheers!

New here and wanting to bite the bullet on some Aventus please, Palmolive.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Looks like the Nishane - Hacivat hype train is gaining some traction. First there were a slew of joyous comments from other members and now this review:

Spray once and set for the whole day and night? Check
    People coming up to you asking what you're wearing? Check
    Complex scent that has layers and depth? Check

Call me crazy but that reminds me strongly of how Aventus used to be way back in the old days so my interest has climbed from curious to hyped, even with its eye watering price because if it performs like that then its worth the spend. 5ml comes in at 25 and we've got 1 slot left.

Also people have been saying that Dior Homme Parfum could be getting discontinued so if anyone wants to grab a split whilst they can then I've added it to the list at 25.00 for 20ml or 14.50 for 10ml delivered. This scent was featured in the Iris Essentials TOAK and is a super strong and much more masculine rendition of the familiar Dior Homme formula thanks to the way they've shifted the composition and added in a deep leather accord to the base and is perfect for the season as the cold really brings it to life.
    'pimpin aint easy but somebody gotta do it'

Hey Palm, Can I take the last slot of hacivat please?

Cheers

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Palm,

Just picked up my FB toak from the post office.
    I will post some thoughts after testing.

Cheers for sorting the split out - much appreciated.

Chris.

Boclet trio arrived yesterday, thank you my brother.

Have only tried incense so far - thoughts: this has Palm's name all over it. Thierry Mugler Pure Cardamom?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    I have my pick of the trio and am wondering which one you lot will choose as all three are dope just in different ways. Definitely one of my favourite houses and its insane how few fragheads know about it as their releases are unique and of a high standard. Just goes to show important astroturfing, buying fake youtube reviews and other marketing tricks are in this game...
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoCulture View Post
    Well just reading that I would expect Leather to be my fave, closely followed by Incense. However I'm looking forward to trying them all!
    I think I'll stick with that Leather is a fantastic scent and I like Incense a lot. Not really had a proper wear of Tonka yet, but I think it might just be slightly too sweet for me, but I need to see how it is after the dry down.

All in all a fantastic collection you put together mate.

I say it every time but I'm really looking forward to Hacivat.

I sprayed them all on my son this afternoon, he liked the leather the most - I was kinda drawn more to the incense.
    Going to have a proper wear of them tonight and formulate a league table :-)

Incense was easily my favourite of the three as it just smelled so nice with that cardamom overdose followed by Tonka which I found incredibly moreish and Leather stunned me with how realistic it smelled as everyone else seems to try and copy Tom Fords vibe but this did its own thing. I would place Tobacco and Amber from the previous TOAKS easily over these three as they were simply on a whole other level with their composition and are the definite must sniffs from this underrated house but overall they are all impressive as not many niche brands can claim to have that many scents which each sport their own vibe and all smell great with decent performance to boot.