Code of Conduct
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Results 1,171 to 1,199 of 1199

Default Re: [UK] TOAK - Easily Suede ft. MoV Byzantium Saffron, Mercedes Black Leather, Nishane Suede et Saf

any 2017 batch of MI or they still on the 2016? seems like creed just didn't produce most of their scents for 2017...
    Currently wearing: Acqua Wood by Collistar

Default Re: [UK] TOAK - Easily Suede ft. MoV Byzantium Saffron, Mercedes Black Leather, Nishane Suede et Saf

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoCulture View Post
    That's a dig at the Royal Mail by the way Palm, not you!
    Postie just waltzed past my house too! Dang!

DJ TOAK is here! Luckily was able to have a quick sample.

Really surprised again like the FB TOAK that the one with incense comes out on top again (hate incense scents!)

1. Bois d’Iris - incensey with varying wafts of nutmeg, sandalwood and musky vanilla. could deffo see myself having this in my collection
    2. Josune - smells very fruity, felt more feminine - comes across as a lite version of Manrose but put together better
    3. Interdit Absente - initially smells like air freshner but on thr dry down earthy, green and strong fennel and mint for me. Very unique but not for me

DJ TOAK arrived here - thanks for free sample of DJ mystery oud
    I will have a sample and post up some thoughts.

Much appreciated as always!

Cheers

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

TOAK arrived thank you for a great service Palmolive and also for the sample!

Not a fan of the abisente but the other two are surprisingly wonderful!! Havnt tested the sample!

Am I the only one who want to know what the samples were that everyone got?

Hoping my TOAK is delivered tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Just received my TOAK, many thanks Palm. Just threw on the one this morning....
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26151776.html
    Interdit Absinthe....i'd hate to say you are wrong Palm, but are the notes and the description the same as the basenotes link i just included here?
    I totally get lots of Grapefruit at the moment. It's mad how a scent can evoke memories. I remember being in a car growing up on the way to Great Yarmouth as a kid smelling the same smell as i am getting from this....maybe it was the air freshener!
    Excited about trying the others later...and the sample.
    Thanks once again pal
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Wearing the Josune today - really like this one.
    The rose in this reminds me of Roja Doves amber oud (I'll prob get kicked in the head for making this comparison!)
    To me it shares quite a few similarities - there's what I perceive as tobacco holding it all together, maybe it's a combination of the woody notes and praline that gives me this experience?
    It's definitely something I wouldn't wear on a building site - I'm praying I dont get sent to one today for a repair!

Had a quick spray of the mystery oud on my arm last night - quite like it, not so much as what I perceive as oud in there.
    I think from the ones I have tested, I prefer the more funky stable floor type :-o

Anyone else tried Josune yet?

Cheers

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

TOAK is here! Ambre Tabac was the sample. Not had a real chance to smell them as yet, but a quick sniff of the sample got me intrigued.

Thanks very much Palm!

Had a bit of a sniff of the DJ TOAK.

Bois d’Iris is easily my fave. There's just something about it that appeals to me.
    Josune is a funny one, smelling it from the bottle and it feels more feminine that it is. Need to wear it properly and decide if I like it.
    Interdit Absente First impressions are that its very fresh, can see myself wearing it more in the spring and summer.
    Ambre Tabac was the included sample, first impressions are that this is super sweet, but it seems to mellow quickly. I should like this one....

Fantastic service as ever Palm, thank you very much for introducing me to fragrances that I would not normally even see never mind smell or wear.

Now to decide if I need to put my name down for the new TOAK....

Sorry for the late post...but as usual excellent service from Palmolive...

Received Aventus in my hand within 2 days of payment, super well packaged :-)
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Member

Hi,

Can you stick me down for 50ml of Royal Oud and 20ml of Viking please?

I had a sniff of Cafe Rose....not for me! BTW. How about an acqua di Parma Colonia Concentree toak? The oud, quercia,leather and ambra are all pretty good!
    Last edited by deeko; 12th January 2018 at 05:50 PM.

Could you put me down for another 50ml of Aventus please :-)

(Other 2 were for mates and now I'm low ha}

Great feedback folks, I'm glad y'all took a chance on this one as I was quite out there with the selections as they are far from your usual fare and as you'll see from the freebies I could've very easily played it safe with the picks but went with the three chosen at the end as they smelled great, performed well and I'm certain most will have nothing at all in their collection like this. My impressions on the bonus samples were:

Ambre Tabac
    Incense dominated opening which smoothly segues into a moderately sweet and dry tobacco note that is given a bit of volume with the amber.

Vetiver
    Dry, slightly bitter vetiver opening that is sitting on some nice citric notes. After about 20 minutes a wonderfully realistic grapefruit kicks in. Quite delicious, this scent feels transparent in that you can see through its layers once its in full swing.

Mystery Oud
    A light and spicy western palette friendly oud that is really well blended.

Magnolia
    Brilliant effervescent citric opening with a smooth waxy iris that sits on a dry, soft vetiver and sandalwood base.

Green Leather
    Tuscan Leather for teenagers. Very playful and bright rendition of an old favourite with the addition of saffron that makes its shimmer.

Orquidea Negra
    Very different and interesting, this one smells like dirt and chocolate at the same time.

Kaleidoscope
    Herbal aromatic overdose, imagine that old people joint pain removing accord but gone niche and there you have it.

Think I'll leave the current TOAK running for another week so if we can get 4 more sign ups (or 8 at 19.50) then we're good to go if not it'll be scrapped and we'll see what comes next.

TOAK received yesterday, not tried them yet but i'll give them a run out over the weekend. Thanks again for the speedy turn around!

TOAK received today. Gave a sniff of the Josune trio and decided to try Bois d’Iris initially. Really like how it wears on me, epecially the drydown. Exudes a sense of warmth. Longevity on it is pretty good. I am still getting whiffs of my clothing after 8 hours.

Will have to see how the other two play out.

Many thanks Palmolive.

TOAK arrived today, all looks good but yet to try the fragrances. Thanks Palm!

So I've had a decent wear of all the DJ TOAK now.

When I tried wearing Interdit Absente, it completely changed on my skin, and not in a good way. i just smelt like an air freshener and really didn't like it, had to wash it off..

It's a shame but that is honestly the first frag I've had from you that I didn't like, so I can't complain, The law of averages say it would happen eventually. However this is just why I like buying splits rather than full bottles.

On the flip side the Ambre Tabac sample is fantastic! Looking at the other samples you had Palm I think I got the one I'd have picked given the chance so I guess I got lucky!

That and Bois d’Iris are far and away my favourites.

Josune, as someone above said, is like a mellower version of Manrose, which is no bad thing.

TOAK arrived safely on Friday but like a tool I left it on my desk so will have blast when I'm back in the office.

DJ TOAK arrived here too.

Like some of the others, I'm not a great fan of the Interdit Absente (similar to Set Sail St. Barts to me) but it'll get used in the warmer weather.

Josune reminds me of Chergui, smooth and warm for this time of year.

Bois d'Iris is more wood than iris and has a lovely drydown. My winner of this TOAK.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Its quite an unusual scent and in no way does the first wearing do it justice. I've been wearing my sample for the past few days and it went like this (4 sprays from a 2ml atomizer):

Day 1 - WTF? This smells like candy floss made of icy glass. Whats the appeal, why so much hype for something that smells almost childishly simple and so sweet? Performance was really nice though as I felt wrapped in a scent bubble all day. Most interesting was when I rose the next day and was greeted by warming wafts of ambergris and cedar tinged with sweetness, smelled like a totally different fragrance.

Day 2 - Opened totally different this time. A sweet saffron blast that felt very shimmery and sheer with an enveloping sweetness that almost makes it crackle with contradictory crispness.

Day 3 - Something new is poking out from under the candyfloss that gives it a sharpness that I've never detected in isolation before, could be pine? Belting performance again, not too much but not too subtle either which is surprising given how little juice was applied.

All in all this is most definitely not a safe blind buy as its just such a weird scent upon first spray but there is definitely something appealing and moreish to it and I can see why its got such a following as its so unique and complex as each wear brings different facets to the fore.

The split will be completed before the end of January with ease as the original allocation of 70ml will be back in stock within 9 days and if the extension doesn't fill then I'll just be shipping that as my supplier offered the 200ml at a discount as a goodwill gesture due to processing my payment and being out of stock for the 70ml. Consider that 2ml samples go for 10 and you'll see how much of score this is at 15ml/33 but like I said this isn't for everyone but I do enjoy it and can see why its hyped.
    Any non payments etc, please please let me in to the Baccarat Rouge 540 split! (or if you do another - sign me up!)

I was wondering around Selfridges today as wanted to try Creed Viking (reminds me of the 90's, sort of has a lynx showergel type smell initially but dries down very nicely), and saw Baccarat Rouge 540 (was either the Extract or the EDP, not sure which). After the interest from the thread here I gave it a go and... this is truly stunning. It's one of the very best scents I've ever come across and just unbelievably unique. I literally can't compare it to anything else I've ever tried and it's still going well 7 hours later from ONE spritz. Amazing, amazing juice. (I've sniffed my wrist about 3 times whilst writing this!)

p.s. The DJ TOAK arrived safe and sound on, I think, Thursday, but due to a cold and hardly any sense of smell, I've only sniffed roughly. Will try them out during the week I'm sure, in the meantime I've enjoyed reading the comments and impressions from everyone. Super thanks as always Palm!

Quote Originally Posted by Knuxs7 View Post
    Any non payments etc, please please let me in to the Baccarat Rouge 540 split! (or if you do another - sign me up!)

I was wondering around Selfridges today as wanted to try Creed Viking (reminds me of the 90's, sort of has a lynx showergel type smell initially but dries down very nicely), and saw Baccarat Rouge 540 (was either the Extract or the EDP, not sure which). After the interest from the thread here I gave it a go and... this is truly stunning. It's one of the very best scents I've ever come across and just unbelievably unique. I literally can't compare it to anything else I've ever tried and it's still going well 7 hours later from ONE spritz. Amazing, amazing juice. (I've sniffed my wrist about 3 times whilst writing this!)

p.s. The DJ TOAK arrived safe and sound on, I think, Thursday, but due to a cold and hardly any sense of smell, I've only sniffed roughly. Will try them out during the week I'm sure, in the meantime I've enjoyed reading the comments and impressions from everyone. Super thanks as always Palm!
    Looks like your lucks in as I'd just put the order in for the 200ml and thats gone out of stock too Its expected to ship in 9 days now but my supplier has agreed to do the same deal for another bottle so I've added Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540 Bottle 2 at 15ml 33 and placed you on the list along with another allocation for myself as it certainly is nice and well worth a sniff for those sitting on the fence.

I'll take a spot please on the BR540 Bottle 2.
    Currently wearing: goste / L'goste by Chanel

Pm sent for some Dior Ambre Nuit and Bois dArgent. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Once again Aventus arrived within two days of payment! Cheers.

Aventus 42 landed and in hand for same day shipping. Batch is 17X01, quick impressions:

17X01:

Follows on from the 17T vibe with the prominent tangy mids taking centre stage again with a nice and billowing vanilla sitting underneath like dry ice floating under the scene but what got my interest is something different that I’ve never noticed in previous batches. A feel, note feel, not smell, reminiscent of anise that is noticeable straight away from the the opening. If you’ve inhaled Morning Chess by Vilhelm before you’ll have noticed the galbanum accord which may be what I’m picking up or at the very least something else from the Apiaceae family thats making an appearance for the first time. There was also something very similar used in bondno9.coms recreation as I was reminded of both immediately when isolating it so it seems to be something thats been used in other clones before to mimic the real deal so it may have always been there and is just amped this time round.

It adds a earthy/rough/musky aspect to the mix that is quite interesting. Need to give it a proper wear and see how it develops and what the tweak is with this batch as it feel “greener” than usual which you’ll notice when you wear it. Before y’all start doing backflips its not dark like 15Y as its got more of that 17T mid heavy emphasis going on but it is nice.

I'd quite like to try the Baccarat Rouge 540 too, so can you add my name to the list for the second bottle please? Cheers.
    Currently wearing: goste / L'goste by Chanel

Hi buddy,

Can you please put me down for 50ml Millesime Imperial.

Looks like your lucks in as I'd just put the order in for the 200ml and thats gone out of stock too Its expected to ship in 9 days now but my supplier has agreed to do the same deal for another bottle so I've added Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540 Bottle 2 at 15ml 33 and placed you on the list along with another allocation for myself as it certainly is nice and well worth a sniff for those sitting on the fence.
    Thank youuuu! This stuff is just incredible. When I tested it on Sunday, the Shop Assistant "mis-sprayed" and half went on my wrist (which I kept smelling easily all evening and whilst I was writing my last post) and the other half went onto my coat sleeve . Obviously the scent on the wrist was gone by Monday morning, but still today Wednesday, I'm getting it from the coat. And not just a subtle whift on the air, it's actually quite strong. Again I'll mention this is all from... ONE spray.

I'm minded to put in for another slot, but after doing a little research I think on Sunday I tested the Extract (I'm pretty sure it was the red bottle version?) so I best not in case the Parfum is very different. Instead please could you put me down for slots in the following:

- Viking Bottle 4 - 20ml
    - Aventus For Her Bottle 3 - 20ml

Thanks Palm. :-)