Code of Conduct
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Results 2,101 to 2,112 of 2112

Default Re: [UK] TOAK - John Varvatos ft. Artisan Pure, Dark Rebel Rider, Platinum Edition

Add me to the TOAK please.
    Currently wearing: The Orchid Man by Frapin

Default Re: [UK] TOAK - John Varvatos ft. Artisan Pure, Dark Rebel Rider, Platinum Edition

Gave Music for a while a spin out yesterday 3 sprays one to each side of the neck and one to the chest and its a monster if you like pineapple. I think 3 sprays is too many and the next time I will dial it down. Once the pineapple fades its a herbally smell and then it morphs into lavender and it had a smell that I thought was familiar but couldn't place till my wife commented that I smelt like a Lush store. Not entirely convinced about this one but longevity wise I was still getting a good whiff 6-7 hours after spraying it.

Hi palm, if there are any slots left for the TOAK, I'll take one. Any plans for any other Tom Ford's?
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by rding View Post
    Gave Music for a while a spin out yesterday 3 sprays one to each side of the neck and one to the chest and its a monster if you like pineapple. I think 3 sprays is too many and the next time I will dial it down. Once the pineapple fades its a herbally smell and then it morphs into lavender and it had a smell that I thought was familiar but couldn't place till my wife commented that I smelt like a Lush store. Not entirely convinced about this one but longevity wise I was still getting a good whiff 6-7 hours after spraying it.
    Its a bizarre but intriguing scent for me as the pineapple lavender combo smells like nothing I've ever tried before. 3 sprays is way too much for me as its so dense. As I said in an earlier comment the magic of this one is more for the surrounding people than the wearer as that chunkiness up close turns into a perfectly arranged and varied sillage that is absolutely wonderful to experience. Musc Ravageur was my pick of the bunch, once again with some insane performance. Anyone else given their TOAK a spin yet? If so what did you make of the selection?

Malle are one of the few niche houses that actually give you bang for your buck when it comes to the scents as they don't hold back on the performance and the blending is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1000 View Post
    Hi palm, if there are any slots left for the TOAK, I'll take one. Any plans for any other Tom Ford's?
    And that leaves one slot open for anyone who wishes to join in so we can wrap this one up at the great promo price.

Basenotes Plus

Posted this on the fragrance tried/smelled for the first time thread, copying it here:

Musc Ravaguer - Somewhat late to the party but wow so glad I finally made it. What a stunning fragrance! Only one wearing so far but I love the powdery sweet vanilla with a hint of spices that I'm getting from this. I get a touch of the animalic but nothing nasty just a nice twist on the sweetness. I think this may well be full bottle worthy for me. I can see me wearing this on colder nights and enjoying it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Posted this on the fragrance tried/smelled for the first time thread, copying it here:

Musc Ravaguer - Somewhat late to the party but wow so glad I finally made it. What a stunning fragrance! Only one wearing so far but I love the powdery sweet vanilla with a hint of spices that I'm getting from this. I get a touch of the animalic but nothing nasty just a nice twist on the sweetness. I think this may well be full bottle worthy for me. I can see me wearing this on colder nights and enjoying it immensely.
    It really is, isn't it bud? As a reformed binge buyer a scent really has to be a total 10/10 knockout for me to class it as FBW but Musc Ravageur had me thinking that for a moment from the first sniff. Whilst we're on the topic I'd like to bang the L'erbolario - Meharees drum again as it was featured in a previous TOAK and it smells like a lighter, thinner version of MR that opens where the Malle offering drys down and is well worth the pennies per ml asking price as it smells so amazing. Obviously the MR has a lot more going on and is a more complex scent but for a "inspiration" buy at a pocket money price the Meharees is well worth checking out.

Thanks for sharing your perspective as the feedback helps me gauge how the picks went as I like to try and cater for everyones tastes whilst still keeping it relatively safe for a blind buy when it comes to the selections for the TOAKs and the insight is quite handy.

Mancera Incense Gold arrived. Very surprised by it as it is far less incense, and more amber and vanilla than expected. It reminds me of a LADDM Light. Very nice.

Had a quick look for L'erbolario - Meharees but only seems available from European sellers? Anywhere in the UK stock it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Had a quick look for L'erbolario - Meharees but only seems available from European sellers? Anywhere in the UK stock it?
    Here you go bud:

https://www.erbolario.co.uk/en/lines...rees&results=4

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    They have a shop in Islington, London. If you're able to visit, the staff are very helpful.

Hi Palm,

Could you put me down for 50ml Creed Aventus please?

Many thanks

Hi Palm,
    I’ll take an Aventus slot please.

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71