Code of Conduct

Default Should I get/Lets discuss Mugler L'Hommage L'Homme (2011) by Lalique

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of blind buying this, it has some great reviews on Fragrantica and price wise is fairly reasonable. I do however have Kiton Men and Fahrenheit and I'm wondering if its going to be redundant in my collection.

Any experiences on it? Are others pretty positively receptive to this one?
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/414...-Discontinued) (My swap thread)
    Looking for swap:Spicebomb Extreme, Pure Tonka A*men, Lolita Lempicka Minuit, Bleeker Street

Default Re: Should I get/Lets discuss Mugler L'Hommage L'Homme (2011) by Lalique

It's nice at first but I've always found its drydown awful with all that die-hard cheap musk.

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Default Re: Should I get/Lets discuss Mugler L'Hommage L'Homme (2011) by Lalique

As always I don't believe in blind buy. I personally enjoy it like most Lalique except the terrible Hommage L'Homme Voyageur.

It's like (to me) the Fahrenheit man got off his bike, took off his biker leather coat, took a shower with the finest soap, shave himself and put on a suit to go to his business job while still having the aura of his soap on him. So it's different enough from Fahrenheit (and Kiton) for someone enjoying one but not the other

Another great use of the violet leaf but also powdery, spicy, clean with an... ozonic vibe. Very versatile (And easy or too safe depending of the point of view. Very far from the polarizing Encre Noire that's for sure) and with Lalique's usual quality in ingredients. But I have to revisit it to confirm my opinion here. I'll get another sample soon if mine is over with.
    Last edited by Monkeys; 21st November 2015 at 04:10 PM.

I drink and I know things Palmolive's Avatar

It attempts to play in the same streets that Fahrenheit stomps through with reckless abandon and as such is rendered obsolete. Performance is average at best and nothing in the composition screams worthy of interest. If Diors offering is Mario this is most definitely Luigi.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of blind buying this, it has some great reviews on Fragrantica and price wise is fairly reasonable. I do however have Kiton Men and Fahrenheit and I'm wondering if its going to be redundant in my collection.

Own and happen to like this fragrance. Find it to be a very nice spicy and woody scent. Enjoy if you decide to blind buy it!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Hey Guys,

It smells nothing like Fahrenheit or Kiton in my opinion, and is an excellent scent, even more so when you take the price into account.

Go for it.
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

The violet note is what makes them smell similar. A very nice scent and bottle worthy IMO.

Got this last Feb. and don't regret it at all. Its violet note is really the only similarity to Fahrenheit, but I never really cared for Dior's classic and much prefer this. As others have mentioned elsewhere, upon first spray it smells like a freshly opened pack of cigarettes.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Default Should I get/Lets discuss Mugler L'Hommage L'Homme (2011) by Lalique

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    It's nice at first but I've always found its drydown awful with all that die-hard cheap musk.
    I agree and I often do my impulse buys when I smell the opening of a fragrance. I'm glad I tested this one further as the dry down is nothing to write home about. I would suggest White instead.

Thank you to Sig3839 for sending me a nice sized decant of it a while back!
    Last edited by Hawky454; 24th November 2015 at 02:13 PM.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

You're welcome bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    I agree and I often do my impulse buys when I smell the opening of a fragrance. I'm glad I tested this one further as the dry down is nothing to write home about. I would suggest White instead.

Thank you to Sig3839 for sending me a nice sized decant of it a while back!