Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: ...

  1. #1

    Default ...

    ...
    Last edited by fan.of.devin; 16th April 2016 at 12:30 AM.

  2. #2
    Dependent hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    5,210

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    a long time ago, I tried it and it was impressive. Oud was blended with sweet spices and staying power....very very good. Most of the Rasasi perfumes are very good.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Thanks for the recommendation- for some reason, these fragrances are (mainly thanks to a local, differently named subsidiary of Beautyspin but also an increasing number of competing online retailers) quite affordable and good value for money where I live, so there are definitely a few good reasons to try/sample

  4. #4

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Rasasi & gem have never been used in the same sentence.
    for swap/sale:



  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus
    Scarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,486

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Far too sweet for my tastes to ever wear, but for $30 it's comparable to things which cost several times more. A good bang for the buck sort of fragrance, if you're into such things.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Rasasi & gem have never been used in the same sentence.
    What was the point of this comment? Not only insubstantial, lame, added nothing, but it's pretty easy to prove as untrue... La Yuqawam Homme alone has a lot of fans who say it's a replacement for (or even an improvement to) Tuscan Leather at a fraction of the price, seen similar but somewhat lesser praise for Al Wissam Day, Chastity, Faqat Lil Rijal, Daarej...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by fan.of.devin View Post
    What was the point of this comment? Not only insubstantial, lame, added nothing, but it's pretty easy to prove as untrue... La Yuqawam Homme alone has a lot of fans who say it's a replacement for (or even an improvement to) Tuscan Leather at a fraction of the price, seen similar but somewhat lesser praise for Al Wissam Day, Chastity, Faqat Lil Rijal, Daarej...
    The point of the comment is exactly like the point of your thread.

    Contributing opinions - regardless whether negative or fanboyism-positive.

    Rasasi may source good to very good oud oil & oud wood.
    But their perfumes are another.....story.
    for swap/sale:



  8. #8

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    The point of the comment is exactly like the point of your thread.

    Contributing opinions - regardless whether negative or fanboyism-positive.

    Rasasi may source good to very good oud oil & oud wood.
    But their perfumes are another.....story.
    This thread was about a specific perfume, not an invitation for people to share their pessimistic one sentence appraisals of the brand that made it. If you can't stay on topic kindly fuck off and don't post at all, thanks.

  9. #9
    don't deceive with belief
    freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,098

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by fan.of.devin View Post
    This thread was about a specific perfume, not an invitation for people to share their pessimistic one sentence appraisals of the brand that made it. If you can't stay on topic kindly fuck off and don't post at all, thanks.

    What's the problem with a contrarian opinion?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    I know النخبه
    Someone at work regularly wears it.

    Not much of a gem. Maybe a pebble in a rock mine.
    for swap/sale:



  11. #11

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    What's the problem with a contrarian opinion?
    There is no problem with a contrarian opinion.

    The problem is this thread wasn't titled "What do you think of Rasasi perfumes?"

    If he had said "Dhan Al Oudh Nokhba stinks, I don't like it", I wouldn't have cared. Entitled to his opinion.
    He barged into an essentially unrelated thread to post a shitty one liner, not even about the perfume in question, but about the brand that makes it. Explain to me the logic in that, or what it contributed to the discussion?

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Thanks for the recommendation. I have been adding some from this house along the way.....since there is so little info out there on them, always nice to get some positive feedback before my blind buys.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacificblue View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. I have been adding some from this house along the way.....since there is so little info out there on them, always nice to get some positive feedback before my blind buys.
    If you're checking out Arabian scents I also recommend Al-Rahab Dalal. I liked Dalal so much that I blind bought a bunch of other stuff from Al-Rahab, but so far nothing else has been as good. Very cheap too.

    Have you smelled La Yuqawam Homme yet?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    My problem with Arabian EDP/EDTs are the horrid sprayers and leaky bottles. Only Amouage and Ajmal seem to have got that part right.

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by fan.of.devin View Post
    If you're checking out Arabian scents I also recommend Al-Rahab Dalal. I liked Dalal so much that I blind bought a bunch of other stuff from Al-Rahab, but so far nothing else has been as good. Very cheap too.

    Have you smelled La Yuqawam Homme yet?
    I am just buying for now.....picked up Yuqawam but won't have any comments on any fragrances until next year when back in USA......it will be one vast unboxing event :-)

  16. #16
    Dependent hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    5,210

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinrambo09 View Post
    My problem with Arabian EDP/EDTs are the horrid sprayers and leaky bottles. Only Amouage and Ajmal seem to have got that part right.
    I wasnt disappoint with Rasasi also in this regard.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    The sprayer on my bottle of Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba isn't the greatest, about on par with Bond No 9.
    My bottle of La Yuqawam Homme on the other hand seems to have a pretty great sprayer.
    Guess it's a mixed bag.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by fan.of.devin View Post
    There is no problem with a contrarian opinion.

    The problem is this thread wasn't titled "What do you think of Rasasi perfumes?"

    If he had said "Dhan Al Oudh Nokhba stinks, I don't like it", I wouldn't have cared. Entitled to his opinion.
    He barged into an essentially unrelated thread to post a shitty one liner, not even about the perfume in question, but about the brand that makes it. Explain to me the logic in that, or what it contributed to the discussion?
    Dhan Al Oudh Nokhba stinks, I don't like it.

    Lol
    for swap/sale:



  19. #19

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Dhan Al Oudh Nokhba stinks, I don't like it.

    Lol


    In related news do we have any threads with recommendations for any good Arabian frags? I tried Raghba, in the vein of 24 Gold, and found it a good scent but seriously lacking in versatility and having a very heavy "ethnic" sheen to it that I really have to be in the mood to enjoy.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post


    In related news do we have any threads with recommendations for any good Arabian frags? I tried Raghba, in the vein of 24 Gold, and found it a good scent but seriously lacking in versatility and having a very heavy "ethnic" sheen to it that I really have to be in the mood to enjoy.
    As an Arab, living in Arabia. No.
    Because, for one thing they're all Indian owned or made by Indians, using the worst ingredients & finally, making knock offs.

    If I were to suggest one single Arabic brand, it'd be reluctantly, Tola.
    Arabic perfumes that Caucasians can digest.
    for swap/sale:



  21. #21

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Rasasi & gem have never been used in the same sentence.
    La yuqawam is a gem.
    Currently wearing: Lilac by Roja Dove

  22. #22
    Super Member moharram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    saudi arabia
    Posts
    466

    Thumbs up Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinrambo09 View Post
    My problem with Arabian EDP/EDTs are the horrid sprayers and leaky bottles. Only Amouage and Ajmal seem to have got that part right.
    ++++1
    Last edited by moharram; 24th November 2015 at 11:19 AM.
    Currently wearing: Good Life by Davidoff

  23. #23
    Dependent hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    5,210

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    As an Arab, living in Arabia. No.
    Because, for one thing they're all Indian owned or made by Indians, using the worst ingredients & finally, making knock offs.

    If I were to suggest one single Arabic brand, it'd be reluctantly, Tola.
    Arabic perfumes that Caucasians can digest.
    Tola is a superb brand. Not for everyone.

  24. #24
    Dependent Slayerized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6,752

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by fan.of.devin View Post
    La Yuqawam Homme alone has a lot of fans who say it's a replacement for (or even an improvement to) Tuscan Leather at a fraction of the price, seen similar but somewhat lesser praise for Al Wissam Day, Chastity, Faqat Lil Rijal, Daarej...
    Own a 15ml decant of Faqat Lil Rijal and for the money this is very good imo! It is a 1-2 spray fragrance only, that strong, and (if having to compare) has some similarities to DSQuared Potion Royal Black in the drydown (rosy-leather combo) but on steroids and with of course Oud added.
    Last edited by Slayerized; 24th November 2015 at 11:34 AM.
    My Top '11' : (In no particular order)

    - Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: pour homme (vtg)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
    - Dior: Fahrenheit (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Mancera: Cedrat Boise
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Knize Ten
    - Amouage: Interlude

  25. #25

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Tola is a superb brand. Not for everyone.
    That's bad news. Because the idea behind the brand is Arabian perfumes tweaked for westerners.
    for swap/sale:



  26. #26
    Basenotes Institution sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    34,997

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Ameer Al Oudh is one I enjoy. The price doesn't hurt the pockets either.

  27. #27
    Dependent hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    5,210

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    That's bad news. Because the idea behind the brand is Arabian perfumes tweaked for westerners.
    Only for westerners?

  28. #28

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Yes. Extra very only for westerners.

    The brand isn't even available in Dubai, where the founder is from. Well, it's sorta available in his own clothes boutique, so that's hardly considered as local presence.
    for swap/sale:



  29. #29
    Dependent hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    5,210

    Default Re: Rasasi Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba - Undiscovered Gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Yes. Extra very only for westerners.

    The brand isn't even available in Dubai, where the founder is from. Well, it's sorta available in his own clothes boutique, so that's hardly considered as local presence.
    Yeah once I tried to contact them and I have been told that fragrances are available only at their boutique, no where else in Dubai. May be I'll visit whenever get chance. Thanks for pointing it out

Similar Threads

  1. Montale Oudh/non Oudh - micro mini views from 16 samples - complete..
    By jenson in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30th August 2015, 06:00 AM
  2. Rasasi Oudh Al Misk
    By Stalkerboy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd May 2015, 10:15 PM
  3. Eau Duc De Berry by Rance 1795 for men: Undiscovered Gem
    By persianpoppa in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th July 2011, 04:44 PM
  4. Undiscovered niche gems?
    By BlueOcean in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 4th November 2005, 10:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000