Code of Conduct

Default Lanvin l'homme and Creed SMW

I've just bought my first bottle of Lanvin L'homme and I'm amazed by the similarity to SMW. In particular the slightly sour note on the dry down.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it my own peculiar nose?
    Currently wearing: Lanvin L'Homme by Lanvin

Default Re: Lanvin l'homme and Creed SMW

I own both but have never gotten that similarity personally. Different noses perceive scents differently.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Don't think there is much, no.

They are similar for me in one respect though -- I don't like either

I just sampled Lanvin L'Homme a few days ago and I can relate to the "sour" note you speak of. However, I don't recall ever getting that comparable smell with SMW, per se. However, I do seem to recall the smell in some other fragrance by Creed.....Neroli Sauvage perhaps? I get the same similar smell on the dry down in the vintage YSL M7. Very sour smell that lasts forever on clothing.

Usually, the sour/powdery note in Creeds is from the ambergris they use in so many of their fragrances.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 25th November 2015 at 11:47 PM.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ciaga-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626