Code of Conduct

Default Need advice; Hermes Bel Ami or Bel Ami Vetiver or Cuiron pour Homme Helmut Lang

Since I had read a review on the epic of leather scent, I'm thinking to adore one of them but seem hard to judge which is really suite with my taste base on my wardrode collection, shadow of leather like Halston Z14, Knize Ten, Oscar de la Renta pour Lui, Trussardi Uomo, Fendi Uomo, VCA pour Homme and Versace l'Homme...could some one advice?
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

Default Re: Need advice; Hermes Bel Ami or Bel Ami Vetiver or Cuiron pour Homme Helmut Lang

For leather, I'd pick "Helmut Lang"
    Overall, I'd pick BelAmi Vetiver.

Default Re: Need advice; Hermes Bel Ami or Bel Ami Vetiver or Cuiron pour Homme Helmut Lang

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    For leather, I'd pick "Helmut Lang"
    Overall, I'd pick BelAmi Vetiver.
    Hi Hitmat...what you mean "overall" the sound great if you can elaborate more....

Sound Scents

They are all great choices, but Cuiron is my favorite.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Vintage Bel Ami (at least the one prior to the latest). Cuiron second (my wife likes it better than I do).

Quote Originally Posted by ruffin View Post
    Hi Hitmat...what you mean "overall" the sound great if you can elaborate more....
    I meant, from the given list of three, if you are focusing particularly the leather notes, I'd pick Cuiron.... But as a quality scent (not only for leather) of well blended notes, "BelAmi Vetiver" comes first before simple "BelAmi"....IMO.

BTW, reviews are just for your satisfaction and brings some hidden aspect in front of you. You should give them a try (by giving a full wearing if possible) in order to pick your favorite one.

Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Vintage Bel Ami (at least the one prior to the latest). Cuiron second (my wife likes it better than I do).
    @ChuckW hard to score vintage in my country else need to order from other source and the price really headache....this version u mean?

Bel Ami 2.jpg

Cuiron is a very peculiar and heavily synthetic (in a "good way") leather scent. Almost a "non-leather" for me actually, I'd consider it a sort of abstract musky-woody scent. It's fantastic and still ahead of his time (and of this time), but I'm not sure if you would like it basing on your tastes - I think you'd be better satisfied with Bel Ami!
    Do you have L'Erbolario stuff there? They make a scent "Corteccia" which is almost identical to Cuiron, you can sample that.

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Bel Ami
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ruffin View Post
    @ChuckW hard to score vintage in my country else need to order from other source and the price really headache....this version u mean?

Bel Ami 2.jpg
    Yes he was referring to this version.

Actually there's not a lot of difference between this (earlier) version and the current version.

Based on your tastes, it is very likely that Bel Ami would be the one you're going to enjoy the most.
    Currently wearing: Baie de Genièvre by Creed

Bel Ami

Agree with Colin that Cuiron doesn't actually come off as a leather. It's a synthetic minimalistic thing. I prefer bigger leathers.

Now, from the other perfumes you mention it doesn't seem you're moving towards this style. So I recommend Bel Ami too.

cacio

I own both Bel Ami (the current verion) and have tried Cuiron. Cuiron is barely a "leather" at all. And between the two Bel Amis, Vetiver is the superior one. Bel Ami Vetiver is a standout fragrance and easily signature worthy.
    I can provide decants of anything I post about!

Bel Ami

Bel Ami

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Bel Ami.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I don't really know the others, but I quite like Bel Ami.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus Sport by Chanel

No clue about the Bel Ami Vetiver.

Bal Ami vtg will be my first pick. Cuiron comes after.
    Currently wearing: Woody by Arabian Oud

I've sample Bel Ami and Bel Ami Vetiver, leather territory...

Bel Ami dominant of leather, oakmoss and animalic facet while Bel Ami Vetiver smoother leather and smokey vetiver. Love them and must have both....

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Bel Ami.