Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 30 of 30
o
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    I've heard people talk about this here and there for the past few years, usually in a positive light, but never got around to it until today. It's good! It's like a sour Green Irish Tweed with some of Fahrenheit's petrol thrown in: Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Really though, it's very interesting juice. Yellow pineapple gasoline up top and a base that reminds me very much of GIT, it creates a distinct, almost mysterious sillage.

    I think the reason I've avoided this for so long, besides not finding it at the price I wanted, was that the descriptions of it are so varied. Some people call it dark--a dark, serious masculine fragrance. Others refer to it as bright and fresh--grassy and green. But it's really not either and kind of both at the same time. It's kind of like describing Fahrenheit; you could use a million words and still have NO idea how it really smells until you get your nose on it. Not all scents are like this. I could tell you how Ambre Narguile smells and you'd have a pretty good idea of it. When you smell it, you'd go, "mmm...yeah, that's about right." But Fahrenheit? Forget it. Same with this stuff--unless you can kind of imagine Fahrenheit and GIT with a sour pineapple dominating the top.

    So it's peculiar, but nice. Seems to leave behind a very distinct scent trail and it's gonna be fun to wear it around to see people's reaction to it. It's certainly something that should be noticeable, as it's quite unique and doesn't smell like anything else on the market.

    What do you guys think of Kiton Men?

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    297,843

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    It's like a sour Green Irish Tweed with some of Fahrenheit's petrol thrown in: Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3
    Dependent Hawky454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    I really enjoy it but don't really think I have a place for it in my wardrobe. Good one though.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    I really enjoy it but don't really think I have a place for it in my wardrobe. Good one though.

    No? It seems like a pretty versatile 'any day' type of scent to me.


    Does it feel too formal or something for you?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Liked it, kind of a more floral GIT. Also had Kiton Napoli at one point but at the time there were so many similar type fragrances (Napoli had a fresh "Allure" type feel to it). Of the three mens, all of which I owned at one point, I preferred Kiton Black which has a leather and red berry thing going on.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Liked it, kind of a more floral GIT. Also had Kiton Napoli at one point but at the time there were so many similar type fragrances (Napoli had a fresh "Allure" type feel to it). Of the three mens, all of which I owned at one point, I preferred Kiton Black which has a leather and red berry thing going on.
    I'd like to try Black, I've heard good things.

    Man, as Kiton dries down the base reveals an uncanny resemblance to Creed's famouse "millesime base."

  7. #7

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    It's been a few years but I have a few samples sitting around. It's kind of a mish-mash of several familiar themes, as you've stated. I think it's pretty good but there's other things I'd rather wear....

  8. #8
    Basenotes Junkie Stalkerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    831

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Excellent and heavily underrated stuff!

  9. #9
    Dependent du57in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    I've never tried it for the same reasons you mention, I have no idea if I should invest the money in a bottle since reviews are all over the place. Which would be the other reason I haven't tried it, decants and samples are hard to come by.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own.”
    - Fernando Pessoa

    Check out my swap thread.
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

  10. #10

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    I've had it for a few years & was always a fan. At one point, it was probably in my top 3 but I hadn't sampled quite as many at the time. The only way I could describe it is very smooth & a bit like GIT. 9/10 for me
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by du57in View Post
    I've never tried it for the same reasons you mention, I have no idea if I should invest the money in a bottle since reviews are all over the place. Which would be the other reason I haven't tried it, decants and samples are hard to come by.

    I think you'd like it. I say that because I know you like New Musk Man, and while this certainly isn't similar, there is a vague resemblance and for some reason I kind of think if you like one you'll probably like the other. It actually does have a musky base and pineapple note, so the comparison's not that far off considering NMM has musk and plum, or apple as it smells to me.

    The petrol note in Kiton isn't as strong as it is in Fahrenheit. It leaves plenty of room for the other accords.

  12. #12
    Dependent Hawky454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    No? It seems like a pretty versatile 'any day' type of scent to me.


    Does it feel too formal or something for you?
    No, it's not about that but I already have GIT and I feel they're in the same ballpark and I'm trying to cut my spending and only acquire fragrances that don't share some of the same qualities. I definitely have it on my radar for something I'll purchase when my wardrobe starts thinning.

    Also very interested in getting my nose on Kiton Black.
    Last edited by Hawky454; 11th December 2015 at 12:11 AM.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    No, it's not about that but I already have GIT and I feel they're in the same ballpark and I'm trying to cut my spending and only acquire fragrances that don't share some of the same qualities. I definitely have it on my radar for something I'll purchase when my wardrobe starts thinning.
    That makes sense. Just curious, how many bottles are currently in your wardrobe?

  14. #14
    Dependent Hawky454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Man, haven't counted recently but I'd say I'm at about 75 full bottles with at least 30 decants. Ya gotta remember, I only started collecting a little over a year ago. I've gots to chill out!
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Man, haven't counted recently but I'd say I'm at about 75 full bottles with at least 30 decants. Ya gotta remember, I only started collecting a little over a year ago. I've gots to chill out!
    After just one year? Nice job.

    But it's probably a good idea that you're cutting back. I was up to 160 earlier this year; sold a ton of bottles and got it down to 80. What I do once I hit 80? Bumped it right back up to 115. No big deal, but I envy those who've been into this for a long time and manage to keep it at 50 and under. Good luck in your endeavor!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by RS2AM View Post
    I've had it for a few years & was always a fan. At one point, it was probably in my top 3 but I hadn't sampled quite as many at the time. The only way I could describe it is very smooth & a bit like GIT. 9/10 for me
    I agree that it's hard to describe. I think Kiton is the kind of scent that will leave an impression on someone (probably a positive one).

  17. #17

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Have you ever sampled Stardust for Men? That's the one of this genre/type I prefer, mostly due to the notes, but I'd guess it also has less dihydromyrcenol.

  18. #18
    Dependent Hawky454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    After just one year? Nice job.

    But it's probably a good idea that you're cutting back. I was up to 160 earlier this year; sold a ton of bottles and got it down to 80. What I do once I hit 80? Bumped it right back up to 115. No big deal, but I envy those who've been into this for a long time and manage to keep it at 50 and under. Good luck in your endeavor!
    Haha... My goal is to size it down to 50 but I just keep buying and buying. It's getting silly, really.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Have you ever sampled Stardust for Men? That's the one of this genre/type I prefer, mostly due to the notes, but I'd guess it also has less dihydromyrcenol.

    I haven't. It looks interesting though.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Thanks for the recommendation- incidentally quite intrigued by a mixture of these 2-3 distinct fragrances and/or note types, groups, genres.
    Currently wearing: Unique Leather by Zara

  21. #21
    Dependent Slayerized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,366

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Great fragrance, very versatile, not screaming, good projection and longevity, one of the better office scents as well.
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Cartier: Santos edt (vtg)
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

  22. #22
    Dependent Francolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    7,220

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    great scent..was my signature for a few years when it had just come out, truly a gem!

  23. #23

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    I always found Kiton Men in the same vein as GIT or CW and its darker brother Kiton Black as a sweeter-berry-er and less-dirty Fahrenheit. Of the two I prefer the latter.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day..."
    Winter favorites :: Interlude : A*Men TOF : Sahara Noir : Magnetism : Antidote : Mitzah : Zino : Halfeti : A*Men PM : Fate Man : Musc Ravageur : Opus VI : LADDM : CN Homme : Laudano Nero : Jubilation : APOM : CN Soul : LIDGE : CB Cuirs : FB Tobacco.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    You guys are making me want to go back and try Kiton Black again... but on Topic.

    This thread inspired me to do KM as my SOTD. I forgot how great this fragrance is and really seems to work with my skin chemistry. I don't think the Pineapple Irish Farentweed comparison is far off! Great longevity and definitely gets compliments which is nice. It has a certain elegance like GIT, and but force of Fahrenheit. It will always be in my collection. If someone wanted a signature fragrance, this would be a great candidate (plus the fact that you wouldn't have to worry about others wearing it!)
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

  25. #25

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    I'm wearing GIT today. I'm reminded why it's my all-time fave. Love this stuff.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,888

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    great scent..was my signature for a few years when it had just come out, truly a gem!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    You guys are making me want to go back and try Kiton Black again... but on Topic.

    This thread inspired me to do KM as my SOTD. I forgot how great this fragrance is and really seems to work with my skin chemistry. I don't think the Pineapple Irish Farentweed comparison is far off! Great longevity and definitely gets compliments which is nice. It has a certain elegance like GIT, and but force of Fahrenheit. It will always be in my collection. If someone wanted a signature fragrance, this would be a great candidate (plus the fact that you wouldn't have to worry about others wearing it!)

    Yes! It would make for a great signature fragrance. It definitely has that X factor that applies to signature scents (like a combination of versatility, uniqueness, and class).

    It was my SOTD as well, and this was one of the best overall experiences of wearing something that I've had in a long time. Today was the first full wearing. Its base is incredibly good, I think it's even better than GIT's, as it's a little muskier and almost creamy at times.

  27. #27
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    43,186

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    A violet gem.
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>

  28. #28

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'm wearing GIT today. I'm reminded why it's my all-time fave. Love this stuff.
    Use to love Kiton for its greenness! Now that I have GIT, I can see the resemblance in Kition, but much prefer GIT. Yes Chuck, can't live without some GIT!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  29. #29

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    Just reacquired this beauty, and I'm in love again! I forgot how good this was. Extremely well blended, all the notes roll over into each another--no fault lines.

    Yes it does share similarities to GIT and Fahrenheit, but smoother.
    Currently wearing: Santos by Cartier

  30. #30

    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    13,844

    Default Re: Kiton Men...Wow! It's Pineapple Irish Fahrentweed!

    This thread has me scratching my head.
    I've owned both Kiton and GIT for many many years.

    I can see the connection between GIT and Aspen.
    I can see a connection between GIT and Curve.

    But I just don't know what any of you are perceiving in seeing a connection between Kiton and GIT.
    Cheers,
    Renato




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 29th July 2015, 10:24 PM
  2. Kiton Men and Kiton Black
    By goody2141 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 4th September 2012, 01:51 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd September 2012, 01:38 PM
  4. Kiton Men (Kiton) vs. Green Irish Tweed (Creed)
    By DesGrieux in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th November 2006, 11:24 AM
  5. Opinions on Kiton & Kiton Napoli
    By godzilla in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 7th May 2006, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000