Do you sometimes feel that Aventus, while an extremely nice and lovely scent, is somewhat like a scent that Gillette would make? For me my Gillette Cool Wave deodorant smells a lot like Aventus' dry down. I'm not bashing it at all, I love Avenuts; it's one of my top colognes, but there does seem to be a similarities.
Personally have never felt that way about Aventus.
Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.
Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
Hanae Mori HM EDT
Last edited by freewheelingvagabond; 11th December 2015 at 03:24 AM.
Yikes, an Aventus thread has escaped the subforum!
This had been prophesised!
Touched by his noodly appendage 😇
Begone pesky Aventus thread! Back to the sub forum ye go... Oh, and to answer the OP?... No; though in my case I don't find it "nice and lovely" either.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie