Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vintage LIDGE

Basenotes Plus

Default Vintage LIDGE

Hey freinds

What's the final word on LIDGE reformulation hype? Is it real just less patch? That would be fine with me as I'm all about the dry cacao

Default Re: Vintage LIDGE

Dunno, maybe start another thread on it.
    Touched by his noodly appendage 😇

Quote Originally Posted by shoguns2480 View Post
    Hey freinds

What's the final word on LIDGE reformulation hype? Is it real just less patch? That would be fine with me as I'm all about the dry cacao
    I have a 2014 bottle and 2009. The juice is lighter in color but they basically smell the same to me. The opening is a little fresher but there is still that strong cacao note. I think you'll be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Dunno, maybe start another thread on it.
    Beat me to it!!
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

It sounds like your best bet would be to sample first, but if that's not practical you can find a store that has a tester or will take it back if you have a "problem" with it. If you expect a "final word" on such matters my guess is that you will be disappointed. Find people whose comments seem to be consistent with your experiences/perceptions and take their advice - that's probably the best you can do online.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I have a 2014 bottle and 2009. The juice is lighter in color but they basically smell the same to me. The opening is a little fresher but there is still that strong cacao note.
    Well that's one then that hasn't been butchered yet.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yup! I'm totally happy with mine! I would t be surprised if there was no reformulation at all! Bottle change = hysteria!
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.

Andre Moreau at his Raiders of the Lost Scent blog did a comparison of various "editions" of LIDGE and found very little difference between the old and the new. Some diehards refute his findings/opinions, but I personally consider this guy one of the few "voices of reason" in a sea of "reformulation hysteria." You might want to check out Andre's take. A lot of people familiar with LIDGE find the current version very acceptable.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by CesareBorgia View Post
    Andre Moreau at his Raiders of the Lost Scent blog did a comparison of various "editions" of LIDGE and found very little difference between the old and the new. Some diehards refute his findings/opinions, but I personally consider this guy one of the few "voices of reason" in a sea of "reformulation hysteria." You might want to check out Andre's take. A lot of people familiar with LIDGE find the current version very acceptable.
    Ah yes, these two recent threads about LIDGE have included all kinds of "hysteria!" LOL.

Basenotes Plus

An enormous Thamk you to all of those if you who have been kind enough to shed some light, I'll give the new bottle a try and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by shoguns2480 View Post
    An enormous Thamk you to all of those if you who have been kind enough to shed some light, I'll give the new bottle a try and report back.
    Yes please report back with your take

Let me just share this here as it covers everything and anything anyone could need to know about this scent:

Name: L’instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême.
    Perfume Company: Guerlain.
    Perfumer: Béatrice Piquet.
    Launched in: 2005.
    Concentration: Eau de Parfum.
    Professional Fragrance Classification:
    ▪ The Technical Commission of the French Society of Perfumers;
    E4 - Boisé ambré / Woody amber.
    ▪ Michael Edwards; Woody Oriental fresh.
    My rating (on paper and on my skin): 10/10.
    Date of review: July 22nd 2014.

I’m glad to see that the number of people doing (at least some) investigative work before posting their reviews/comments on Fragrantica is gradually increasing. After reading reviews on this and other websites, weblogs and watching YouTube, I often wonder whether people really love a fragrance through and through, or just claim to do so, but in fact are ‘parroting’. Because in this case, it’s hard for me to understand what’s so special about this fragrance after its reformulation…

Sadly, but yes, L’instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême was reformulated a few years ago. On June 27th 2011 the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) issued amendment 46, which restricted star anise and elemi oil. And it’s exactly this higher grade of star anise and elemi oil in combination with patchouli and the dark cocoa note (these notes form the main accord) that give this unique perfume its lush, delectable spicy, and powdery temptation. Be aware though, this accord can only be fully detected (and appreciated along with the other meticulously integrated notes - hibiscus seeds, sandalwood, hints of jasmine, lapsang tea etc.) during cold days/ in deep winter. When you apply this perfume during non-cold days, the star anise for instance will appear absent, and the stronger base notes will dominate already from the opening.
    Please realize also that Mrs. Piquet took the classical fragrance pyramid into account when she was skilfully crafting this perfume ten years ago. This pyramid deserves to be unfolded at the right pace, and for this it requires low temperatures. And ultimately, without becoming ‘scentimental’: I kind of imagine that when we wear this perfume on days that make it unfold perfectly, we not only fully enjoy it, but we also pay the perfumer a small form of public homage for leaving us/the world such a masterpiece.

The reformulated version smells much less exciting to me (on paper as well as on my skin). The cocoa for instance smells airy and only a hint of spiciness can still be detected. I, however, have to add that I haven’t tested any bottle with a batch code indicating post March 2013. The reason I mention this, is that Guerlain has reformulated some of their fragrances again during 2013-2014, and in some cases the second reformulation smells better than the first reformulation.
    Let me also express the opinion that we (the consumers) should not judge severely on Guerlain or other perfume companies for reformulating their fragrances (especially since 2008). It’s the IFRA that for ridiculous and obscure reasons is pushing the ‘reformulation business’. Still, the perfume companies should be open and honest about reformulations, instead of denying everything… For example: I’ve asked the Hèrmes company several times in the past about reformulations, and always got a straight answer! Guerlain, still my favourite house, really should change their policy at this point.

After a lot of searching I managed to find a total of five pre-reformulated bottles in mint condition during 2012-2013. The batch codes were 5K01 (October 2005), 7L01 (November 2007), 0N01 (January 2010), 0W01 (September 2010) and 1R01 (April 2011). I kept one 2010 and the 2011 bottle, and sold the others to befriended collectors for the same price I bought them for (I’m sorry, I won't sell my last two vintage* bottles).

My advice to people who are going to try to find the original perfume: check the batch code first. If you want to be 100% sure, buy only bottles from before July 2011. However, it is possible that Guerlain did not immediately effectuate the restrictions. It is possible that the IFRA set a deadline, which gave perfume companies some time to reformulate. To my regret, I never found a deadline concerning the 46th amendment, but I remember that the draconic 43rd amendment issued in July 2008 had a deadline in August 2010. In reality however, the perfume companies reformulated their fragrances far before this 2010 deadline, just to be compliant with the new standard and not to get in trouble (the majority of the retailers for example can and will only sell IFRA compliant products). Anyway, there’s still a possibility that bottles from July until December 2011 contain the vintage version.
    Furthermore: I tested many bottles and samples from between January 2012 until March 2013. To be most accurate I tested them inside as well as outside the house, and only on cold winter days in 2012 and 2013 (when it was between 0 ºC and 6 ºC /
    32 ºF and 43 ºF, and the air humidity was above 50%, so that the nose could sense well). I tested every batch at least twice. All bottles and samples were also kept in perfect balance.**

Despite finding just one person (an esteemed blogger) on the Internet, who took the time to smell different batches from different years and came to the conclusion that there probably had been no reformulation (“There are no significant differences in composition”, Raiders of The Lost Scent, Guerlain Lidge: the First and the Last (2005-2013), Sunday, January 19, 2014), I have no doubt whatsoever***; the perfume of every later batch didn’t smell as good as the perfume of any of the pre-July 2011 bottles I had!
    I didn’t find much difference in the boxes or bottles though, but the era that it was easy for a perfume collector to recognize a reformulation by visual changes in boxes or bottles seems to have passed anyway. A change I did notice was that the older bottles had heavy plastic caps, as if weight had been added to them (you could compare this development to the golden caps of Habit Rouge, Héritage and Vetiver, which were replaced by silver caps in the past decade).

Second tip for ‘perfume hunters’: the chances are quite slim that you’ll find a sealed vintage bottle in a store that is part of a chain (like Sephora, Planet Parfum, Douglas, ICI Paris XL etc.). These stores had to send their stocks back to Guerlain, because Guerlain France ordered them back (ask an experienced sales person in the store, and he may still remember that this happened). Unfortunately I couldn't exactly pinpoint when the vintage stocks were sent back; one person believed that it had happened sometime in 2011, in another store they thought it had been in early 2012. The older stocks were all replaced by reformulated bottles. What happened to the vintage bottles? In the end I found out that they were destroyed...! At least that is what I was told by Guerlain Netherlands, who were remarkably open about the reformulation in the initial contact. I can only imagine that this operation must have been quite costly for Guerlain at the time (Dior did the same thing for example with Eau Sauvage in January 2008).
    The only vintage bottles you'll probably still find in perfume chain-stores are testers. I came across several vintage testers in 2012 and 2013 (when I was already searching for other fragrances). Some were still perfectly balanced, but I also encountered bottles in which the perfume notes had shifted to a lesser or greater degree, or the overall smell had become dim. Tester bottles are often displayed in (artificial) light, and the citrus note is especially vulnerable to warmth. So smell before you buy!

I found my vintage bottles in a few perfume stores in the Netherlands and Belgium, which had never been part of a chain. Sadly, such ‘one-man shops’ are close to extinction, since their prices are often (much) higher. Luckily for perfume aficionados, in these stores vintage perfumes can at least be found! So do try these kinds of stores please.

And last but not least, there’s eBay. You will have to ask the seller for every batch code and hopefully he’s willing to provide it. A batch code can be found within a white square at the bottom of the box, directly above the barcode, and must have been pressed into the paper. The batch code at the bottom of the box can also be found underneath the bottle. Both batchcodes should always be identical.

An aside remark: English is not my native language, so there might be mistakes here and there in the text. Anyway, I hope this lengthy review proves helpful and I wish you all good luck in finding a well-preserved vintage bottle.

S. Singh

• Note - July 23rd 2014: I had written my review almost entirely from memory, and adjusted some data after checking my investigation from 2012-2013 very carefully. I also forgot to mention when I exactly started to suspect that this fragrance was reformulated. This was in February 2012 after I’d bought a new bottle, with batch code 2N01 (January 2012). First thing I noticed was that the star anise smelled weak. Then I did a side by side comparison with my first bottle which was almost empty (a bottle from 2005) and noticed that the star anise-difference was even clearer, along with the cocoa note which smelled airy. After this I compared both bottles with a vial (also with batch code 2N01) I’d managed to get from another store, and noticed the same differences. I examined the bottles more closely and noticed that the plastic cap of the new bottle was lighter. From there on my investigation began, leading to the discovery of the 46th IFRA amendment (Annex I Part II), speaking to a chemist about Methyl eugenol, estragole etc. I finished my investigation in March 2013. Since then I smelled a later batch (batch July 2013) just once in a busy store in early 2014. However, this was much too brief to call it a test.

• Final update - July 29th 2014: The graceful bottle with the black ‘frame’ has sadly been discontinued, both the EdT and EdP now come in the same transparent bottle. It’s even clearer to me now that a reformulation took place, but it happened step by step, covering a period of more than two years.
    __________________________________________________ ___

* In my opinion the word 'vintage' has (attained) a different meaning in the world of perfume than in the world of wine, clothing, books etc. It doesn’t mean that the materials used derive from one specific year (like with wine), that it automatically represents a certain quality, or that is has to have a certain age before it can be labelled as vintage. The first/original release of any perfume becomes a vintage as soon as it’s reformulated!

I’ve invented a system that consists out of just four categories, in which any perfume can be placed. In short:
    1. Original/ Classic/ Pre-reformulated/ Vintage fragrances.
    2. Reformulated fragrances.
    3. Discontinued fragrances.
    4. Not reformulated fragrances.

** After extensive research and advice from Mr. Jean Kérleo, former master perfumer at Jean Patou and founder of the Osmothèque in Versailles, I’ve been storing my (vintage) fragrances at the usage temperature in a high quality wine fridge since 2012. The fridge is very reliable; a temperature fluctuation of less than one degree.

I’ve noticed that there has been a growing number of perfume aficionados/collectors since 2010/2011. If you are someone who only rarely spends money on fragrances and finishes a bottle in about two years, there's no need for you to invest in an expensive storage device. On the other hand, what totally baffles me is the fact that there are plenty of people with large and expensive (vintage) perfume collections who have never spent any real thought, time, or money on professional storage… Well, I can assure you this: if you want to keep your perfumes in perfect condition -like on the day they were manufactured/the day you bought them- professional storage is an absolute necessity.

*** I personally have no doubt, but could I still be wrong?
    This is possible;
    • I wasn’t able to find a company or person who owned a gas chromatograph. So there is no scientific evidence that this perfume was reformulated.
    • I’m not a perfumer of course. I can smell pretty accurately, but nowhere close to a trained perfumer.

This is all anecdotal evidence, so no concrete claims can be made.

Not all noses smell alike -- people have different sensitivities to various notes, and some are just more sensitive than others.

Not all production batches are 100% the same (there will be variations to some degree).

There is always some psychological influence to the perception of smell. It can be mood. It can be expectations. Many things. Depending upon the person, there will be varying degrees of influence to how something smells. I can attest that it's true... I've found my perception to be different, depending upon how I'm feeling, from emotional to physical.

On a related note, I've seen several people say very adamantly that they detect a difference between Jubilation XXV releases (friction fit vs. magnetic cap). With both in hand, I conducted my own double-blind test. Not short tests either. These were normal applications and experienced throughout a day. I did it twice. To me, there was no perceptible difference. I saw a few others say the same. Then more recently someone did their own comparison test and said was sorely disappointed with the latest. Who is right and who is wrong? It may very well be that some of the older formulation made it into some magnetic cap bottles, or somehow later on another reformulation was done and made a very noticeable difference. Or, it may be that the person who made the difference claim didn't do a fair/equal test.

Guerlain Heritage was reformulated a few times. I have the current and previous releases (silver cap vs. gold cap). Is there a difference? Yes. It's noticeable in the start. But give it a good 30+ minutes and the differences fade away. I enjoy having vintage, but don't feel the need to find another bottle, because the current is good enough.

Davidoff Zino was reformulated. I have bottles of both. I notice a difference and it persists into the dry down. The latest one is OK, but I prefer the original.

So I have a mix of different experiences, some where I didn't find a difference, some where I did but it wasn't enough to matter, and then finally a difference that does matter. And I find a number of people share similar experiences. Unless my LIDGE sample is not truly a 2011 release as claimed (it is a decant), it smells very much the same to me as my 2014 production bottle.
    Last edited by cytherian; 15th December 2015 at 10:48 PM.
    Price Reductions! Click HERE for sales of: Masque Russian Tea, LDDM, YSL KOUROS (vintage), CHANEL Antaeus A/S (vintage), CHANEL Egoiste (vintage), Carven Vetiver, and many others!

IFRA regs seem pretty conclusive to me but your mileage may vary. Your decant may be a later one that was reformed? Who knows.

Personally I've had enough speaking on this particular topic and will reiterate what I said in the other thread.

If you can't spot any difference then wonderful, keep enjoying the same fragrance for for you it has not changed at all.

Some people were up in arms about the Dior Homme intense reform and others just kept on keeping on and others still preferred the new version. One thing I've realised of late with this board is most members just want people to confirm what they already thought and anything contrarian is frowned on.

Ironically not do people really want to develop their own noses and skill in this art form, preferring instead to parrot others findings and thoughts.

Sad reflection of the world at large really but it is what it is so inhale deep and enjoy the fragrance.

I agree, there is a "pushing agenda" on the forum that can happen for a given fragrance. Some people are madly devoted and will stick to their opinion no matter what. But you're right, it ultimately comes down to each person's perception. If you find no difference from a reform, good for you. Where the problem happens is when people try rubbing it in the face of another. "You don't know what you're talking about -- the reform has ruined it and your nose isn't experienced enough to notice," stuff like that.

If LIDGE circa 2010 and earlier is truly great stuff, better than current, well... I probably don't want to try finding out. Why? Because it's more rare than Gucci Envy or D&G By Man! I hardly ever see older bottles up for sale. Probably because LIDGE was bought and well used, without anticipation of a reformulation changing it. And would I want to pay a premium to get it? Not likely. Those who have earlier stuff and really notice a difference may rejoice, but savor it because once gone you can forget about finding pre-2011 without a long painful wait. There's just too much of the 2012+ inventory floating about.
    Price Reductions! Click HERE for sales of: Masque Russian Tea, LDDM, YSL KOUROS (vintage), CHANEL Antaeus A/S (vintage), CHANEL Egoiste (vintage), Carven Vetiver, and many others!

I agree and it's nice to read such a balanced response.

The collective mindset is something that happens with alarming regularity on most forums and indeed in reality as the strong lead and the weak are pushed to where they are decreed. Plus people want what they can't have and often convince themselves akin to naked emporer strolling by giving you an eyeful.

Take gph1 for example. Never smelled it the first time round. Missed the hype train and never attempted to clambor on board or hunt down random dribbles of this discontinued fragrance. Yet one day I got a decant and smelt pencil shavings that seemed to belong in a hamsters cage and thought "I can see why this was discontinued. It's terrible" same with the Bentley clone that does the same thing, horrendous fragrance to me but it has its fans it seems.

Vintage lidge does pop up every now and then it seems. It's just a question of luck and being in the right time at the right place. Someone I knew couldn't stand the scent and gave me an old bottle for next to nothing just to get rid of it as he disliked it that much. Ironically he was also a gph1 buff so make of that what you will.

What's great about this hobby is ten of us can smell one fragrance and have ten different experiences and what's great about this site is it gives us a place to share our viewpoints as we learn from one another and introduce each other to yet more interesting fragrances and for that in truly grateful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Let me just share this here as it covers everything and anything anyone could need to know about this scent:
    With the qualifier that :
    " • I wasn’t able to find a company or person who owned a gas chromatograph. So there is no scientific evidence that this perfume was reformulated.
    • I’m not a perfumer of course. I can smell pretty accurately, but nowhere close to a trained perfumer."

* Though I did take on board his lengthy and considered take on the matter.
    Last edited by martinijo; 16th December 2015 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    With the qualifier that :
    " • I wasn’t able to find a company or person who owned a gas chromatograph. So there is no scientific evidence that this perfume was reformulated.
    • I’m not a perfumer of course. I can smell pretty accurately, but nowhere close to a trained perfumer."

* Though I did take on board his lengthy and considered take on the matter.
    If out of all that was said that's what you chose to focus on then.... It is what is is and there's not much more for me to say on the topic.

It seems unlikely to me that Guerlain would have launched something in 2005, only to be taken by surprise by IFRA regulations that came into effect just a few years later. Wouldn't it have been composed from the outset with these regulations in mind? Perfume companies do get a few years' warning.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    It seems unlikely to me that Guerlain would have launched something in 2005, only to be taken by surprise by IFRA regulations that came into effect just a few years later. Wouldn't it have been composed from the outset with these regulations in mind? Perfume companies do get a few years' warning.
    6 years notice? Do they have a crystal ball at Guerlain HQ? Check out amendment 46 for more info as to why these two particular elements were restricted and then sniff your LIDGE to see how important they are in its pyramid. Also, for the record, IFRA doesn't work like that but thats another convo and I'm already bored of this one.

Banned

If out of all that was said that's what you chose to focus on then.... It is what is is and there's not much more for me to say on the topic.
    I think the issue is your unreasonable statements.
    For example my last response to you was prompted by your statement " Let me just share this here as it covers everything and anything anyone could need to know about this scent:" which is clearly nonsense, if for no other reason that it consisted entirely of one person's subjective experience with the scent.
    Or another from the last 24 hours : You state that Aventus is "miles better than anything else" which is kind of amusing but you speak as if you are God or something
    I have a suggestion.
    How about adding three simple words to these kind of statements :
    < IN MY OPINION >
    It might seem like an insignificant thing I know, but you might be surprised at how far it goes to avoid ruffling the odd feather here and there

I think the issue is your unreasonable statements.
    For example my last response to you was prompted by your statement " Let me just share this here as it covers everything and anything anyone could need to know about this scent:" which is clearly nonsense, if for no other reason that it consisted entirely of one person's subjective experience with the scent.
    Or another from the last 24 hours : You state that Aventus is "miles better than anything else" which is kind of amusing but you speak as if you are God or something
    I have a suggestion.
    How about adding three simple words to these kind of statements :
    < IN MY OPINION >
    It might seem like an insignificant thing I know, but you might be surprised at how far it goes to avoid ruffling the odd feather here and there
    Personally given the nature of a forum and the personalities concerned I would've thought it's a given that all posts are opinions and to have to frame them as such is an insult to the intelligence of the readership. That combined with the ease and alacrity you display when it comes to riding my postings makes me wonder...

I do find your projections onto me amusing though so thanks for that.

The post I linked earlier covered so much beyond one mans almost obsessive interest and research into this fragrance as he also did the legwork to find the when and how behind the why thanks to reading the IFRA regs which isn't an amusing way to spend an afternoon. Given the clandestine nature of reforms we have to use our nose, brains and any bits and pieces of info we can glean to discern when what happened.

It also happens that his views coiniceded independently with mine back when I first raised this issue and certain members of the board started twitching in denial that not only wasn't such a thing spoken of previously but who was I to dare to say so and contradict the self appointed experts who were busy commenting on the emporers fine clothing as they were getting an eyefull of nutsack in the real world.

If you don't like my perspective then I borrow a quote from Tyson:

"Why don't you turn off your station?"

Aka there is an ignore function. Maybe you should use it.

Banned

Personally given the nature of a forum and the personalities concerned I would've thought it's a given that all posts are opinions and to have to frame them as such is an insult to the intelligence of the readership. That combined with the ease and alacrity you display when it comes to riding my postings makes me wonder...

I do find your projections onto me amusing though so thanks for that.

The post I linked earlier covered so much beyond one mans almost obsessive interest and research into this fragrance as he also did the legwork to find the when and how behind the why thanks to reading the IFRA regs which isn't an amusing way to spend an afternoon. Given the clandestine nature of reforms we have to use our nose, brains and any bits and pieces of info we can glean to discern when what happened.

It also happens that his views coiniceded independently with mine back when I first raised this issue and certain members of the board started twitching in denial that not only wasn't such a thing spoken of previously but who was I to dare to say so and contradict the self appointed experts who were busy commenting on the emporers fine clothing as they were getting an eyefull of nutsack in the real world.

If you don't like my perspective then I borrow a quote from Tyson:

"Why don't you turn off your station?"

Aka there is an ignore function. Maybe you should use it.
    The ignore function is no good. there's too much temptation to just click on the covered post, and besides, the most ridiculous posters are some of the most entertaining here. ( I don't mean you by the way )
    I don't think it's insulting anybody's intelligence to write "in my view" or "in my opinion" . I simply believe that not doing so implies that anybody else's opinion is worth less than your own, or is irrelevant.
    But that's just my opinion

The ignore function is no good. there's too much temptation to just click on the covered post, and besides, the most ridiculous posters are some of the most entertaining here. ( I don't mean you by the way )
    I don't think it's insulting anybody's intelligence to write "in my view" or "in my opinion" . I simply believe that not doing so implies that anybody else's opinion is worth less than your own, or is irrelevant.
    But that's just my opinion
    and at this point we shall stop this conversation afore it get all meta and become a conversation about a conversation.

I raise my glass to you martinijo, see you on the road.

Banned

and at this point we shall stop this conversation afore it get all meta and become a conversation about a conversation.

I raise my glass to you martinijo, see you on the road.
    Cheers

Well good thing I didn't trade my 2008 bottle yet
    Instagram: Jeweats
    Currently wearing: Rêve en Cuir by Indult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oc8EZcvGG8

It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oc8EZcvGG8

It is true that fish stink. It is also true that the river is
    beautiful. But the river would be beautiful despite the fish. What
    is noxious remains so.

That is not to say that sh*t is not useful when buried in the wheat
    field. Bread made from the field tastes sweet, wine from the arbor
    sweetest. All things serve a purpose, but that is no reason to
    glorify what is abominable. A man must still watch where he walks
    and keep his sandals clean.
    c.21 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Trans: Normandi Ellis

I prefer the vintage..deeper scent to my nose.

I have an extra vintage bottle that I'd consider parting ways with. PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    I prefer the vintage..deeper scent to my nose.

I have an extra vintage bottle that I'd consider parting ways with. PM if interested.
    Just out of curiosity what difference would you say you detect between the different formulas please? In the opening, drydown or general performance? Where is it most evident and what aspects?

Cheers