Code of Conduct
Page 240 of 483 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 14470
o

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Astonomy View Post
    Do not have that. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated
    I found the listing you're looking at, and please consider:

-The seller's account has zero feedback, meaning it could've easily been created to sell this bottle
    -The window for returns is shorter than the shipping time, perfect crime
    -Comes from shady middle eastern country
    -Box lacks shininess on wood texture like real aventus
    -The sticker thing I mentioned above

Quote Originally Posted by Sazandora View Post
    I found the listing you're looking at, and please consider:

-The seller's account has zero feedback, meaning it could've easily been created to sell this bottle
    -The window for returns is shorter than the shipping time, perfect crime
    -Comes from shady middle eastern country
    -Box lacks shininess on wood texture like real aventus
    -The sticker thing I mentioned above
    Thank you ! Yeah, the box and what you mentioned were what had me hesitating . Took 80 off the asking price on counteroffer.
    I like my Nutella with Cheese & my Banana with Tabasco. You ?

Thank you ! Yeah, the box and what you mentioned were what had me hesitating . Took 80 off the asking price on counteroffer.
    Well, we'll KNOW it's fake if he accepts that.

Hey Astonomy, I had the exact same lot# on a box that I gave my dad a few years back. He still had the box a few months back and when I was looking at it, the sticker was different from what I recall. The text was bolder lettering. This could be a grey market item IMO. Bottle looks real though. Plus, it's H.A.F. in the middle East, so temp control could be a big factor.
    Currently wearing: Aventus Cologne by Creed

xxsjxx1

So I was just thinking, I don't really miss the smell of vintage Aventus, what I really miss is the fullness and powerful aura it gave. It just had a real presence to it. Anyone have any recommendations for a similar vibe? Not necessarily same scent?

[QUOTE=xxsjxx1;4174539]
    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post

16d01 was actually a good batch for 2016, if I remember correctly the patchouli stood out loud and clear
    yes indeed, its my favorite flask I own.

P.S. maybe yall should try leaving a decant of the fruit salad in your car and forgetting about it. I left my 15u11 in the car and it now has that cigarette ash smell when i use it. it smells entirely different than when i originally got it.

Yeah, Some have said there was difference but there have been quite a few who have said that they are identical.
    17Q01 and Q11 are nowhere near identical. I can't see how anyone who has both would say that. Q01 is a nice, balanced batch, not a huge standout amongst the batches but nothing to really complain about, either. Q11 has strong, sharp pineapple and little--if anything--else. Q01 is the better batch of the two and not by a smidge, imho. Neither is mind-blowing but Q01 is a decent, workable Aventus. Both lack base which also means they lack power/longevity.

I much prefer the mossy, dirty ones like 16M01 from the recent vintages, but I can live with Q01. Q11 seems kinda over the top as far as the sharp pineapple note goes.

With Q01 I get very good longevity, but projection is not nuclear. Maybe I could compare it's projection to L'homme YSL. It's there but subtle.
    Longevity is definitely there, I had one spray on my arm, 3 hours and 2 showers later I could still smell the sweetness on my arm. Before anyone makes a joke about my showering skills, I used loads of soap and sponge over where I sprayed.

Could someone point me in the right direction when it comes to buying legit older bottles of Aventus? (2015 and earlier)

xxsjxx1

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Could someone point me in the right direction when it comes to buying legit older bottles of Aventus? (2015 and earlier)
    Depends what you wanna pay. There's 3 bottles of 15y11 on eBay from Beverly hills perfumery but they're like $425 each. IMO if I need aventus right now and I had to choose between a 2017 batch for $230 or the 15Y11 for $425, I'm spending the money.

What's so different with the older batches?
    (I'm not familiar with the smell of older batches)

Quote Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
    Bolder, fuller, tend to be smokier and have more patchouli/better birch note. In addition, they have much better longevity and sillage. Modern batches have much stronger pineapple (good thing) and vanilla (bad thing) with a sort of lame, muted scent that lacks a lot of the cool, woody complexity that made Aventus so great.

Well, the recent batches is like if you cut a slice of pineapple and then smell it. Its a fresh, juicy, fruity pineapple scent. Only that. Nothing more.
    The older batches smelled like.. well.. take this fresh cut pineapple slice and put it on the BBQ and let it burn. Then smell it and this burnt/roasted/grilled pineapple slice is what the older batches smelled. Well.. kind of lol. The older batches got a smoky/ashy smell mixed with the pineapple so it gave a nice kind of "pineapple at a campfire" vibe. Very nice and very unique and addictive!

xxsjxx1

Bolder, fuller, tend to be smokier and have more patchouli/better birch note. In addition, they have much better longevity and sillage. Modern batches have much stronger pineapple (good thing) and vanilla (bad thing) with a sort of lame, muted scent that lacks a lot of the cool, woody complexity that made Aventus so great.

I disagree with the vanilla on the new batches. Most that I smell are so damn sour, if that's pineapple... it's not ripe at all. Most of the new batches i small are sharp and offputting, they don't have the niche classiness that I come to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    I disagree with the vanilla on the new batches. Most that I smell are so damn sour, if that's pineapple... it's not ripe at all. Most of the new batches i small are sharp and offputting, they don't have the niche classiness that I come to expect.
    Really? All I can smell until it gets to the very base is vanilla after the nuclear pineapple dies. So much goddamn vanilla, smells like a woman's frag, takes forever to get to that beautiful ambergris.

Well, we'll KNOW it's fake if he accepts that.
    $_w12.jpg
    qwq.jpg
    $_1ww2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Are you interested in 14G or 14M (1oz) bottles ? I can point you in a direction if you are. Not affiliated to me even remotely. Found em during my constant lookouts for older batches. And I have scouts out hunting down them old batches as I type this reply

- - - Updated - - -

The 10E01 I procured has some SERIOUS sourness (or is it burnt-ashy scent?) around the mids during the trasitions. And I have never smelled any sort of sourness in all the modern batches I have.
    Vanilla on drydown on most newer batches is affirmative.

- - - Updated - - -

So I was just thinking, I don't really miss the smell of vintage Aventus, what I really miss is the fullness and powerful aura it gave. It just had a real presence to it. Anyone have any recommendations for a similar vibe? Not necessarily same scent?
    My suggestion will be the 13NB01. Its a proper wholesome batch worthy of Kings and the leagues of distinguished gentlemen

"Originally Posted by CleverUsername

The best performing and smelling Aventus I have ever had was 13NB01 that I (not purposely) did something similar with. This was years ago, before I even got into this hobby and only owned GIT and Aventus 13NB01. I just carelessly left my 4oz bottle of 13NB01 in the glove box of my car for about 2 years. I live in Michigan so that bottle was exposed to 0F-100F. That bottle just kept smelling better and better--it was cheat mode on the booty scale. My friends would always hound me for some when we went out and it eventually ran out. I've never had Aventus like that, and I own some very respectable batches including 11Z01. I eventually found another bottle of 13NB01 (has a broken sprayer though ....). It just sits in my wine cooler and I refuse to use it (sentimental value
    [I]

it is very reminiscent of my beloved 13NB01. 13NB01 is just everything Aventus should be--fruity, smokey, rosy, birchy,...everything!"
    I]

Originally Posted by Chinook2
    "Just sprayed 13NB01 on today, man that for me has to be the best batch I have tried out of the 7 or so different batches I have going back to 2011 I was fortunate to get 1 oz of this a few months ago .Anyone been fortunate enough to have 13U01, 12E01 and 13NB01 any major differences between the 3 different batches? I have a 4 oz tester of 13U01 coming to me but am curious also about 12E01.

Anyone out there that has some 13NB01 and you want to part with it PM me."

Quote Originally Posted by My two scents

13nb01 is said to be a good solid balanced batch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    Hey Astonomy, I had the exact same lot# on a box that I gave my dad a few years back. He still had the box a few months back and when I was looking at it, the sticker was different from what I recall. The text was bolder lettering. This could be a grey market item IMO. Bottle looks real though. Plus, it's H.A.F. in the middle East, so temp control could be a big factor.
    I will definitely bunny hop around for this one. Thanks for the insider!
    I do have 2 x 1oz of the 13p01 in my stash so not going to dwell further on this bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

So much goddamn vanilla, smells like a woman's frag, takes forever to get to that beautiful ambergris.

I'm with Sazandora.... Much Vanilla, much too much.
    Last edited by Astonomy; 8th August 2017 at 03:16 PM.

Gave a try to 13ZZ01 and it's different than the 2016 batches that I only tried. It's like a kind of pineapple but a little bit dirty.. and the drydown is more earthy I would say. It's stronger, maybe a little bit darker. It's different for sure, but .. sadly Aventus doesn't work on me and I'm going to sell it..
    Can someone tell me if there is any forum where people look for Aventus batches? Because I'm here registered for maybe a half year and I just saw I can't sell it.
    Should I give a try to eBay? If you can help PM me also ^^

Post error - Pls delete -
    Last edited by Astonomy; 8th August 2017 at 12:40 PM.

A42B11N01.....any good?

Quote Originally Posted by spotxc View Post
    A42B11N01.....any good?
    Replying to you while sniffing on a dab of 11N01 on my left arm.
    Its a smok-ish batch but with decent mix of other elements. Definitely not fruit / pineapple bom, only tiny amount of pineapple can be detected. Good overall scent & 3D effect ..... Longevity to be ascertained (seems alright).
    Give it a 7.9 out of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=trhymz;4176031]
    I left my 15u11 in the car and it now has that cigarette ash smell when i use it. it smells entirely different than when i originally got it.
    Guess all I have to do is spray on the 15U11 and light me Marlboro up. It should give somewhat similar results, no?
    Do you reckon if I want to have the 15U11 silage to smell a little fresher, light up a Marlboro Menthol should do the trick ?
    Last edited by Astonomy; 11th August 2017 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrys View Post
    Gave a try to 13ZZ01 and it's different than the 2016 batches that I only tried. It's like a kind of pineapple but a little bit dirty.. and the drydown is more earthy I would say. It's stronger, maybe a little bit darker. It's different for sure, but .. sadly Aventus doesn't work on me and I'm going to sell it..
    Can someone tell me if there is any forum where people look for Aventus batches? Because I'm here registered for maybe a half year and I just saw I can't sell it.
    Should I give a try to eBay? If you can help PM me also ^^
    Just PM me.

- - - Updated - - -

That 12D01 smelled nothing like it does now when I first received it. It developed big time after 2 weeks. Almost like a different fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Aventus Cologne by Creed

[QUOTE=Astonomy;4176516]Replying to you while sniffing on a dab of 11N01 on my left arm.
    Its a smok-ish batch but with decent mix of other elements. Definitely not fruit / pineapple bom, only tiny amount of pineapple can be detected. Good overall scent & 3D effect ..... Longevity to be ascertained (seems alright).
    Give it a 8 out of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trhymz View Post

Guess all I have to do is spray on the 15U11 and light me Marlboro up. It should give somewhat similar results, no?
    Do you reckon if I want to have the 15U11 silage to smell a little fresher, light up a Marlboro Menthol should do the trick ?
    haha maybe man, I would go with the non-menthol for sure. fiberglass lungs aint no fun.
    In all seriousness though, it was the weirdest transition any bottle I have owned has ever taken. Its stronger (or at least I can smell it quite a bit longer on myself) and is ashy and almost hot smelling. Like when freshly layed pavement heats up in the summer heat. Top notes toned down a lot and it gets really thick smelling in about an hour. Enough to where if i wear it on a hot day it can get uncomfortable and cloying if i spray on my chest area.

Do you guys prefer balanced batches or would you rather opposite ends of the spectrum ie. fruit/pinepple or dark and smoky
    Last edited by reckless03; 9th August 2017 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless03 View Post
    Do you guys prefer balanced batches or would you rather opposite ends of the spectrum ie. fruit/pinepple or dark and smoky
    Balance batch.. Too extreme in either a direction and you would have a NoSoAventus, Aventus batch!

(p.s. And..... done! Just bought meself a bottle of 13Z01).
    Last edited by Astonomy; 9th August 2017 at 01:59 AM.

Balanced, like my 17Q01.

xxsjxx1

Quote Originally Posted by reckless03 View Post

At this point with the boring stuff they're pumping out I would gladly take the smokiest batch they've ever created like from 2010 lol.

Balanced, like my 17Q01.
    I wouldn't know.... Not tried the 17Q01 but having purchased an expensive flacon of the 17Q11 and being very disappointed with it, I am being quite reserved about buying the newer batches. My preferred batches ended in 2015.

I wouldn't know.... Not tried the 17Q01 but having purchased an expensive flacon of the 17Q11 and being very disappointed with it, I am being quite reserved about buying the newer batches. My preferred batches ended in 2015.
    I am very happy with Q01 and most people have said they prefer Q01 too. Longevity and projection could be a bit better, but getting 3 hours on skin minimum, with one spray and not on clothes is decent for me.
    Have not smelled Q11 though.

10 mins after a spray I asked girlfriend if I smell llike pineapple, or pineapple near a camp fire with wood. She said the latter and said it smells very woody AND pineapply.
    I get nose fatigue, a hell of a lot of it with this one.

Q11 seems to be more bitter and sharp from comments. But I wouldn't know.

I wish I could find some older batches to compare...

I am very happy with Q01 and most people have said they prefer Q01 too. Longevity and projection could be a bit better, but getting 3 hours on skin minimum, with one spray and not on clothes is decent for me.
    Have not smelled Q11 though.

10 mins after a spray I asked girlfriend if I smell llike pineapple, or pineapple near a camp fire with wood. She said the latter and said it smells very woody AND pineapply.
    I get nose fatigue, a hell of a lot of it with this one.

Q11 seems to be more bitter and sharp from comments. But I wouldn't know.

I wish I could find some older batches to compare...
    Maybe Q01 could be the better batch of the two. And by the sounds of it, seems like this batch will just get better along the years. Quick ! Trench it ! But have you had the opportunities to compare with other batches? Or are ya comparing 17Q01 with ..... 17Q01 ?!

Q11 seems to be more bitter and sharp from comments.
    Not bitter nor sharp at all.
    Last edited by Astonomy; 9th August 2017 at 02:27 AM.

Maybe Q01 could be the better batch of the two. And by the sounds of it, seems like this batch will just get better along the years. Quick ! Trench it !

Not bitter nor sharp at all.
    It's very hard to find accurate and unbiased reviews.
    In what way does Aventus age? Becomes more woody/smoky/heavy?

Page 240 of 483 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast