Code of Conduct
Page 295 of 298 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,850 of 8920
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Looking forward to a Z batch.... its about time Creed unlesh the dragon

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDB View Post
    Cool!!! Congrads on 1000 posts too!!! lol Does 17w11 keep some fruitiness similar to 17T01 in the drydown or is it still too new to tell?
    thank you dude and back in the aventus forum where it all began w11 has the same type of fruityness but it's more in the background. as a whole it leans a bit darker/woodier than T, still with the vanilla but a lot less apple up front. it's not as nice to my nose, less smooth and the base lacks the depth to make the darker emphasis worthwhile. if creed aren't going to pump out a legit darker/dirty batch with extra oomph, which we know is possible, T01 is a better option.

Is 14L01 the best blackcurrant dominant batch? I've done some digging and it seems to consistently get the most recognition for a blackcurrant heavy 'good' batch-- is there another one I should be aware of that I'm sleeping on here?

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    thank you dude and back in the aventus forum where it all began w11 has the same type of fruityness but it's more in the background. as a whole it leans a bit darker/woodier than T, still with the vanilla but a lot less apple up front. it's not as nice to my nose, less smooth and the base lacks the depth to make the darker emphasis worthwhile. if creed aren't going to pump out a legit darker/dirty batch with extra oomph, which we know is possible, T01 is a better option.
    Interesting!! T01 with pineapple instead is looking like a good one for now!!! Thanks!!
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDB View Post
    Interesting!! T01 with pineapple instead is looking like a good one for now!!! Thanks!!
    more of an apple dominant batch as far as the fruit goes. good thing but some people like those sharp pineapple notes, typified in Q11.

i would say for people new in the game just look for some 2015 goodness while it's still around. i think that year has 2016 & 2017 beat. get a new batch if you may but it's worth seeking out slightly older batches, while they're kicking around at reasonable levels. even the 2016s have overall better top notes than the 2017.

Basenotes Plus

14L01 is very black currant heavy. I seem to recall 14D01 being heavy in that category as well.

more of an apple dominant batch as far as the fruit goes. good thing but some people like those sharp pineapple notes, typified in Q11.

i would say for people new in the game just look for some 2015 goodness while it's still around. i think that year has 2016 & 2017 beat. get a new batch if you may but it's worth seeking out slightly older batches, while they're kicking around at reasonable levels. even the 2016s have overall better top notes than the 2017.
    Hopefully 2018 will be a good year for Aventus!!! Have you smelled 17W01 Wilfred?? Do you think it would be similar to 17w11?? They are different batches!! Lol

How do you think, which one is 'better': 17W01 or 17U01?
    So far I tried only 17T01 (still have it and really like it) and 17V01 (in comparison to T01 this one is not worth the money in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by jmayday View Post
    How do you think, which one is 'better': 17W01 or 17U01?
    So far I tried only 17T01 (still have it and really like it) and 17V01 (in comparison to T01 this one is not worth the money in my opinion).
    Likewise thoughts on 17V01, waiting patiently for the next big HYPE batch Got enough T01 to last me through this year or longer, no hurries Creed make it BIG though.
    Look Good, Smell Good ALWAYS.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCenter View Post
    Is 14L01 the best blackcurrant dominant batch? I've done some digging and it seems to consistently get the most recognition for a blackcurrant heavy 'good' batch-- is there another one I should be aware of that I'm sleeping on here?
    And the 14M01. Both are outstanding blackcurrant batches.
    Another 14s' batch you should check out will be the 14K batch.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking to give away a few vials of 10E01 for opinions.

Anyone who has used the 10E01 in the past or still using 10E01, pls pm me. I want to have your take on the 200 odd vials of 10E01 that I have and if they have matured well or otherwise or exactly what they remember it to be. I keep getting intense whiffs of the scent right on application, which I find to be overwhelming ( thus my blending with other batches). I've compared it against my 13NB01 & 13T01 and get somewhat a similar scent in the beginning too but the 13NB01 gets off less intense and seems a whole lot...... erm let's say 'Graceful' . The 13T01, I feel is right in middle of these to batches in comparison. The 10E01 just comes out blazing - its sirens to the max and running people off the road (or knocking them off)... ehm like them modern day mustangs!

I did get that "What is that vibrant fragrance you're wearing? " a few times while wearing the 10E01but to me personally I find it to smell remarkably different from what I will say is my No.1 batch of the Aventus.

(p.s. Also looking to off load me flacon of 17Q11..... PM me )
    Last edited by Astonomy; 15th January 2018 at 07:35 AM.
    I like my Nutella with Cheese & my Banana with Tabasco. You ?
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Hey guys, recently purchased a 16D01 batch from a reputable seller off eBay claiming best batch of 2016. It is WAY less smokey than I remember my tester from 2016 smelling, but it now has a scrumptious fruitiness now and the longevity seems to be less. Although the fruity notes stick around throughout the 6 or so hours until the end. I just remember my 2016 sample lasting longer... not sure if it's watered down or what...

- - - Updated - - -

Not going to lie this 16D01 batch comes screaming out of the sprayer like a drag race car, full on pineapple woodsy burst. It smells godlike, I just really loved the smokey (maybe roasted) batch I had from the authentic sample and card I received in 2016, that was on another level. Which batch was that? it could easily have been a 2015 variety I just don't know... sorry if that was too confusing or too little info.

Quote Originally Posted by Astonomy View Post
    And the 14M01. Both are outstanding blackcurrant batches.
    Another 14s' batch you should check out will be the 14K batch.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking to give away a few vials of 10E01 for opinions.

Anyone who has used the 10E01 in the past or still using 10E01, pls pm me. I want to have your take on the 200 odd vials of 10E01 that I have and if they have matured well or otherwise or exactly what they remember it to be. I keep getting intense whiffs of the scent right on application, which I find to be overwhelming ( thus my blending with other batches). I've compared it against my 13NB01 & 13T01 and get somewhat a similar scent in the beginning too but the 13NB01 gets off less intense and seems a whole lot...... erm let's say 'Graceful' . The 13T01, I feel is right in middle of these to batches in comparison. The 10E01 just comes out blazing - its sirens to the max and running people off the road (or knocking them off)... ehm like them modern day mustangs!

I did get that "What is that vibrant fragrance you're wearing? " a few times while wearing the 10E01but to me personally I find it to smell remarkably different from what I will say is my No.1 batch of the Aventus.

(p.s. Also looking to off load me flacon of 17Q11..... PM me )
    10e01 is supposed to smell "clunky" in comparison to what came later as it was quite rough in its composition with accords seemingly thrown together with a strong 90s deodorant vibe due to the musks used. Those musks were switched out with a quickness for something much smoother and generally the scent was refined into what we know after a slightly bumpy start.

Also amusing how the early boxes had warnings along the lines of "do not go in direct sunlight after applying" due to the slightly volatile fixatives that were in play at the time that gave it a slightly petrol like shimmer upon first spray.

Lightbulb Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

New to this forum (registered because of this crazy, fantastic thread)! Great pleasure to meet you all!!!

Got my first Aventus--17W01--from John Lewis in mid-December; absolutely love it, to the extent that I suppose I can never spend 5 days in a row without any Aventus for the rest of my life...
    Bach and Aventus can really give me skin orgasm!!! One through ears and the other through nose, of course. (I’m also into earphones, beyerdynamic Xelento is my favourite at the moment.)
    However, I suffered from serious nose fatique in the first few days with Aventus, like my nose was totally blocked. I actually went back to John Lewis and exchanged the first bottle for a new bottle (I told them I suspected the first one was faulty, because it became a skin scent after 15 mins… now I realised it was my nose)... Sorry, John Lewis...

Share a super exciting finding. I tried a 2ml sample of Viking on 13 Jan; just one baby spray on each wrist. After 10 mins, I noticed that the peppermint in this thing was super super powerful! It was like my nose was chewing gum, then my throat, and then my stomach… like constantly… for at least 3 hours…
    Then I suspected Viking might be the cure to my nose fatique with Aventus (and other musk-ambergris based Creeds, like Himalaya, GIT and so on).
    You guys must know Fisherman's Friend? Viking to me is like that thing, but even much stronger

And today, I know I was right: Viking indeed is the cure!!!
    Just one spray of Viking on each wrist. 10 mins later my nose becomes super sharp; I can appreciate my divine Aventus all day.
    I think Jowan might have the same experience (Viking is like coffee beans)? (I find Jowan’s posts are super helpful! Thanks for your contribution, man!)

However, don’t wear Viking to sleep… This thing is super cool—cool in the real sense… I cannot sleep well until 4am last night (4 sprays: 2 behind ears, 1 on each wrist)…
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    10e01 is supposed to smell "clunky" in comparison to what came later as it was quite rough in its composition with accords seemingly thrown together with a strong 90s deodorant vibe due to the musks used. Those musks were switched out with a quickness for something much smoother and generally the scent was refined into what we know after a slightly bumpy start.

Also amusing how the early boxes had warnings along the lines of "do not go in direct sunlight after applying" due to the slightly volatile fixatives that were in play at the time that gave it a slightly petrol like shimmer upon first spray.
    Thanks for the reply and comment on the 10E01. can understand why they did the switch in quickness and good thing they did!
    gave it a slightly petrol like shimmer upon first spray
    I will check this out during daylight. However I recall seeing somewhat of a similar shimmer when I tried the 16L01 at a local perfume outlet with the intention to purchase a bottle and stepped out from the outlet to give myself some time for the scent to settle down and was standing under good sunlight

Back to the 10E01, taking a dab from the vial, immediate scent(1st note) I get somewhat of a decent Aventus scent but the very next instance, comes the overwhelming note(2nd note). I would say the word ' Acrid' would be appropriate to describe this 2nd note. A well used ashtray with wet cig buds in it.

Having said that and while typing out this reply, I retrieved an (almost empty) vial of a 10E)1 and seeing that there was still the tiniest amount of juice in it, brushed the vial's cap over my forearm and took a sniff. I can't believe it but it smells just like the 13NB01 after it has settled down.. Almost divine ! . What in the world is happening ?? A drop of the 10E01 smell clunky and overwhelming ashtray-ish but brushing the almost empty cap over my forearm results in Aventus Wonderland ?!
    Mind boggled!
    Last edited by Astonomy; 15th January 2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbus View Post
    i think all batches smell the same way ,the diffrent batches are myth
    you trolling or what? different batches do smell differently. unfortunately (as you can pay a lot of money for something which is just not as goog as expected).

Quote Originally Posted by aventerous View Post
    Hey guys, recently purchased a 16D01 batch from a reputable seller off eBay claiming best batch of 2016. It is WAY less smokey than I remember my tester from 2016 smelling, but it now has a scrumptious fruitiness now and the longevity seems to be less. Although the fruity notes stick around throughout the 6 or so hours until the end. I just remember my 2016 sample lasting longer... not sure if it's watered down or what...

- - - Updated - - -

Not going to lie this 16D01 batch comes screaming out of the sprayer like a drag race car, full on pineapple woodsy burst. It smells godlike, I just really loved the smokey (maybe roasted) batch I had from the authentic sample and card I received in 2016, that was on another level. Which batch was that? it could easily have been a 2015 variety I just don't know... sorry if that was too confusing or too little info.
    That batch acts that way after a few months of use it’s stronger and lasts better, I still recall that amazing opening you speak of. I ended up getting tired of the strong ashy notes in the dry down after it aged otherwise that batch is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    That batch acts that way after a few months of use it’s stronger and lasts better, I still recall that amazing opening you speak of. I ended up getting tired of the strong ashy notes in the dry down after it aged otherwise that batch is perfect!
    I sprayed once on my neck last night at 8 pm, it's 9 am in the morning and I rubbed my neckwith my hand, still a fruity note remaining but very close to the skin. I don't get the ashy note you speak of at all, maybe I'm expecting a darker vibe like my last batch was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbus View Post
    i think all batches smell the same way ,the diffrent batches are myth
    So you've smelled every single batch? You're saying they ALL smell the same. You must be rich troll.

Just seen pictures of a flacon of 17X01............................................. ................. OH MY

Quote Originally Posted by Selcher View Post
    Just seen pictures of a flacon of 17X01............................................. ................. OH MY
    It’s been on the down low apparently good news though! Hopefully splitters get this batch, be interesting to see what they ended the year with.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by vthud View Post
    New to this forum (registered because of this crazy, fantastic thread)! Great pleasure to meet you all!!!

Got my first Aventus--17W01--from John Lewis in mid-December; absolutely love it, to the extent that I suppose I can never spend 5 days in a row without any Aventus for the rest of my life...
    Bach and Aventus can really give me skin orgasm!!! One through ears and the other through nose, of course. (I’m also into earphones, beyerdynamic Xelento is my favourite at the moment.)
    However, I suffered from serious nose fatique in the first few days with Aventus, like my nose was totally blocked. I actually went back to John Lewis and exchanged the first bottle for a new bottle (I told them I suspected the first one was faulty, because it became a skin scent after 15 mins… now I realised it was my nose)... Sorry, John Lewis...

Share a super exciting finding. I tried a 2ml sample of Viking on 13 Jan; just one baby spray on each wrist. After 10 mins, I noticed that the peppermint in this thing was super super powerful! It was like my nose was chewing gum, then my throat, and then my stomach… like constantly… for at least 3 hours…
    Then I suspected Viking might be the cure to my nose fatique with Aventus (and other musk-ambergris based Creeds, like Himalaya, GIT and so on).
    You guys must know Fisherman's Friend? Viking to me is like that thing, but even much stronger

And today, I know I was right: Viking indeed is the cure!!!
    Just one spray of Viking on each wrist. 10 mins later my nose becomes super sharp; I can appreciate my divine Aventus all day.
    I think Jowan might have the same experience (Viking is like coffee beans)? (I find Jowan’s posts are super helpful! Thanks for your contribution, man!)

However, don’t wear Viking to sleep… This thing is super cool—cool in the real sense… I cannot sleep well until 4am last night (4 sprays: 2 behind ears, 1 on each wrist)…
    Too cool man. Glad to hear we can help. Yes, so you got the Viking coffee beans affect. Lol. Shit clears the brain. Enjoy your new bottle
    Last edited by Jowan; 15th January 2018 at 10:41 PM.

Viking is a bit off topic, but as long as we're on that topic: man oh man, I've tried sooooo hard to like Viking but I finally had to admit to myself that I just don't. I truly wanted an Aventus alternative that could hold its own on my shelf, but Viking ain't it for me. I was expecting something much better from Creed, after all the hype.

Received my first batch of 17T01 yesterday from Zee and I'm enjoying it very much!! Now I can't wait to try 16M01 but I'm having no luck finding a decant of some. Well at least I have T01 to keep me company till I do!

I am wondering if someone here would be willing to sell me a decant of one of the better batches of Aventus, I have only experienced two samples of never talked about batches, I would love to know what the best Aventus has to offer smells like. I can pay via Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by tostig View Post
    Viking is a bit off topic, but as long as we're on that topic: man oh man, I've tried sooooo hard to like Viking but I finally had to admit to myself that I just don't. I truly wanted an Aventus alternative that could hold its own on my shelf, but Viking ain't it for me. I was expecting something much better from Creed, after all the hype.
    Hummmm yes Viking is interesting one for me too.....I'm about to run out of my sample and it's right in the gray section between bottle or no bottle... So far I'm leaning towards bottle... I'm weak!! Lol haha Aventus-Viking-Virgin island water seem to be the 3 from Creed for me currently... I hope these last few 2017 batches don't take out 17w01 hard so I don't have to upgrade and can just enjoy my flacon!!!!

Basenotes Plus

Viking just clears the nose so you can enjoy the Aventus longer. Works like a charm.

When I first tried Creed Viking I did not like it, but it has grown on me now. It is a very masculine fragrance for a spartan alpha male type. Nice for older college students to older men that work in a professional setting. I spray this once a week and then usually apply Creed Aventus the rest of the week. It seems to help with the OF I get from Aventus.

It's funny but when I hear people saying how so many people wear Aventus I always think maybe maybe not. But what's the chances of two people you smell wearing the same batch?
    Spray. Live. Repeat.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

here we go fellas...

x01.jpg

here we go fellas...

x01.jpg

Oh waw! 17X01..... Just the sound of this batch sound promising ! Who has tried this batch ?

I think they got word about Pineapple Vintage’s X Batch , I’m sure they made large amounts and it will start circulating. I just know they made it amazing since the HYPE about Pineapple Vintage X Batch is big and it’s a compliments galore fragrance we shall see!

Page 295 of 298 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 ... LastLast