Code of Conduct
Page 345 of 478 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,350 of 14325

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Anytime man. Viking is legit. Man, I went 6 sprays to the body of 18B01 today with Executive Man aftershave and Maestros beard balm and went to the grocery store 45 mins later and about 10 foot behind me a kid was coughing and I heard the dad say "Well, it could be a bad smell so look on the bright side". I got super paranoid about being too loud with the new batch, so I grabbed my things and left. Don't even know if they were referring to me or not but it was definitely popping off the skin today. When I left to go to the store my neigh or was walking so I rolled the window down to say hi and she said I smelled good. I asked ifnit was too strong and she said no. I beg to differ. I'm in a truck 7 foot from her and 2 seconds into the convo she told me that. Prolly why I got paranoid when the kid hacked up a lung. Guess it's coming out of hibernation early.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    Anytime man. Viking is legit. Man, I went 6 sprays to the body of 18B01 today with Executive Man aftershave and Maestros beard balm and went to the grocery store 45 mins later and about 10 foot behind me a kid was coughing and I heard the dad say "Well, it could be a bad smell so look on the bright side". I got super paranoid about being too loud with the new batch, so I grabbed my things and left. Don't even know if they were referring to me or not but it was definitely popping off the skin today. When I left to go to the store my neigh or was walking so I rolled the window down to say hi and she said I smelled good. I asked ifnit was too strong and she said no. I beg to differ. I'm in a truck 7 foot from her and 2 seconds into the convo she told me that. Prolly why I got paranoid when the kid hacked up a lung. Guess it's coming out of hibernation early.
    ahhh Aventus!
    “To think I can go daily and not smell the same, while others go daily smelling of natural BO hahahaha!”
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Mamma Mia mamma Mia

18B01 will Try out this week and give it a review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Question for who have the 17Y01...how strong people smell the frag on your body? People say to you that it's strong? Or moderate? Weak?

The kid just isn't sophisticated yet lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Got to agree with a lot of the guys on this - W11 is just so damn good. It has morphed since new in the not too distant past. I find it has a kinda creamy smokiness in the mid to drydown. Nothing on the level of yesteryear but the woods and vanilla help to underpin that smokiness. It’s not so much a single note like ash or cigarette smoke but a delicate interplay between the notes that creates a beautiful possibly unintentional accord.
    A few favourites

Bois du Portugal by Creed
    Aventus by Creed
    Mousse Illuminee by Rogue Perfumery
    Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy
    Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942
    Pour Monsieur EdT by Chanel
    Eau Sauvage (vtg) by Christian Dior
    Eucris EdP by GF Trumper
    Polo (Cosmair) by Ralph Lauren
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

wearing W01 today.

W01 is like the no added sugar version of W11. more piercing but with a gorgeous apple note lurking just under the sharp citrus.

W11 is dessert - more smooth & creamy. the pineapple note pops out as sweet vs the more acidic woods of W01.
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIxxMu74Y4M&t=1s just my 2 cents, enjoy decanting with a syrenge

Basenotes Member juanitofrito89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scentventure View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIxxMu74Y4M&t=1s just my 2 cents, enjoy decanting with a syrenge
    That's simple yet awesome!! Thanks for sharing, my guy! I'm going to try this out for sure! Just need to find me a tool that'll stretch out the end of the syringe.

I still prefer this method. I know I know, but the oxygen!!! Well, if its an empty bottle you just fill it. I mean a flacon has to be opened too, in order to get your juice out. To me, this is a much easier approach. And for sh*ts and giggles, I have done this to some 2015 bottles as well as a few 2016's and they are still phenomenal to this day.

Attachment 81772

16k11 is my favorite batch (of those I've tried so far). I've been buying up all I can get my hands on, literally having thoughts like: I need to have 16k11 for the rest of my life, or else I will be hugely depressed, because I never want to be without this SPECIFIC scent in my world. Ha ha. Seriously.

I should be good for several years, but this batch is so perfect for me in every way, and I couldn't imagine life without it. My question: Are there any batches identical (or extremely close) to 16k11? If so, are any of those current batches?

That's good you got what you want. I find 17Q01 and 17R01 fairly similar, but could be my skin. Good luck.

Nvm
    Last edited by WLDD; 1st May 2018 at 08:09 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Got to agree with a lot of the guys on this - W11 is just so damn good. It has morphed since new in the not too distant past. I find it has a kinda creamy smokiness in the mid to drydown. Nothing on the level of yesteryear but the woods and vanilla help to underpin that smokiness. It’s not so much a single note like ash or cigarette smoke but a delicate interplay between the notes that creates a beautiful possibly unintentional accord.
    This sold me on 17W11. Made the purchase moments ago. Technically, my gal can live a full life with one kidney.

Newbie here, bought first bottle of Aventus directly from creedboutique last week. got A4217X01 batch, hardly any scent after an hour. Returned the bottle and got another 17X01...nice pineapple opening but very poor longevity. 2-3 hours at best. Interestingly, will get a nice whiff outta no where once in a while the next morning. weird! any other 17X01 reviews here?

Quote Originally Posted by 7thDayAventus View Post
    This sold me on 17W11. Made the purchase moments ago. Technically, my gal can live a full life with one kidney.
    Your going to love this batch! I get all emotional when I wear this beauty it’s ridiculously awesome.
    “To think I can go daily and not smell the same, while others go daily smelling of natural BO hahahaha!”
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Your going to love this batch! I get all emotional when I wear this beauty it’s ridiculously awesome.
    Man, I need to get some more of this, it seems. I have about 57ml but it's been sitting at my bros waiting on me for 2 months. Can't wait, as I haven't smelled it since I first got it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thDayAventus View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. W11 is one of the best 17s in my humble opinion.
    A few favourites

Aventus by Creed
    Eucris EdP by GF Trumper

Dependent

It is very nice indeed, I am glad to have a 250mL flacon of it. It is a good dumb reach, so I will definitely have no problem using all of it.
    “To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.”
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Just received my decant of W01 batch. Can only compare it to T01, so its less apple, more woods. Still fruity but a mix of pineapple and apple. Its also not as loud as T01. I really like it tho

Where all the 17Y01 gone? Tell me some reviews...i am really happy with my 500ml bottle of it... but i feel that i miss something with all of those batches...like 17w11..17t01...and more

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    Man this 13Q01 is pretty special. Smokey, sweet, unique and also slightly reminiscent of my first experience years ago. The way Aventus should be.
    Any current Aventus batches compared to this original feel of smoke birch tar and pineapple ?....I haven't bought any Aventus since 2015 ....planning to buy a backup but afraid of the all pineapple and no smoke fruity salad feel ....any recommendations from 2017 or 2018 batches which are as close as possible to vintage smoky / tar / pineapple stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan odyssey View Post
    Any current Aventus batches compared to this original feel of smoke birch tar and pineapple ?....I haven't bought any Aventus since 2015 ....planning to buy a backup but afraid of the all pineapple and no smoke fruity salad feel ....any recommendations from 2017 or 2018 batches which are as close as possible to vintage smoky / tar / pineapple stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan odyssey View Post
    The closest is 17W11, but unfortunately the difference is night and day between this and vintage. Like I said in a previous post there is a creamy smokiness in 17W11 but it’s not a particular note. So you won’t find anything with the same depth or breadth of complexity. Some people on the forum would like to profess that there isn’t any smoke in modern Aventus but there wasn’t any smoke in vintage Aventus either. Unless Olivier was infusing his juice with smoke via a bong or shisha which didn’t happen. If you are talking about a perception of smokey notes it’s a different matter entirely. Subjectively speaking you could say there were smokey notes. Cade/birch tar etc are ingredients and last I checked neither are smoke.
    A few favourites

Aventus by Creed
    Eucris EdP by GF Trumper

Man, I need to get some more of this, it seems. I have about 57ml but it's been sitting at my bros waiting on me for 2 months. Can't wait, as I haven't smelled it since I first got it.
    exept in Nose store, i dont know where in france i can get creed aventus, and how you can "chose" your batch ;S.

Is it important to decant your fragrance ? I have a 100mL 17X01, but wondering why you all talk about it, exept for traveling

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmaau View Post
    Newbie here, bought first bottle of Aventus directly from creedboutique last week. got A4217X01 batch, hardly any scent after an hour. Returned the bottle and got another 17X01...nice pineapple opening but very poor longevity. 2-3 hours at best. Interestingly, will get a nice whiff outta no where once in a while the next morning. weird! any other 17X01 reviews here?
    I have 17X01 too, it smells really great, but its kind of too "soft" i dont think that there is a good projection or power when you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by squall049 View Post
    exept in Nose store, i dont know where in france i can get creed aventus, and how you can "chose" your batch ;S.

Is it important to decant your fragrance ? I have a 100mL 17X01, but wondering why you all talk about it, exept for traveling

- - - Updated - - -

I have 17X01 too, it smells really great, but its kind of too "soft" i dont think that there is a good projection or power when you wear it.
    Yea, I don't decant my retail bottles. Just splits and occasional flacons. I don't typically do travel sprayers unless I'm flying.

The closest is 17W11, but unfortunately the difference is night and day between this and vintage. Like I said in a previous post there is a creamy smokiness in 17W11 but it’s not a particular note. So you won’t find anything with the same depth or breadth of complexity. Some people on the forum would like to profess that there isn’t any smoke in modern Aventus but there wasn’t any smoke in vintage Aventus either. Unless Olivier was infusing his juice with smoke via a bong or shisha which didn’t happen. If you are talking about a perception of smokey notes it’s a different matter entirely. Subjectively speaking you could say there were smokey notes. Cade/birch tar etc are ingredients and last I checked neither are smoke.
    Thanks for your detailed reply .....by smoke I meant a smell which I remember of old Aventus pre-2015 ....don't remember the batch but it was NOT totally fruity ( like the current batches ) but fruit mixed with something smoky ...now whether it was due to birch ...or any other ingredient I wouldnt know as my knowledge of Aventus and perfumes is not that refined but I wrote what I clearly remember as my perceptive feelings when I used to wear it......so I guess I will have to try 17W11 to get something similar !

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenstein View Post
    Where all the 17Y01 gone? Tell me some reviews...i am really happy with my 500ml bottle of it... but i feel that i miss something with all of those batches...like 17w11..17t01...and more
    I'm new to the Aventus scene - I do have 5 different batches and 17Y01 is my least favorite. Letting it sit for a while and see what happens

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I believe the smokey aspect was due to Creed using a higher amount of pink peppercorn, it's noted as to having a warm / smokey aspect to it on some aroma chemical sites like Eden Botanicals. Creed has also stated to the use of this note on their boutique. I think it's a combination of birch bark and peppercorn that they used in older batches that gave that warm smokey aspect. They really dialed back on it to the point it doesn't seem to exist any longer.

I'm also new to the Aventus scene. Started a few weeks ago and so far I've been able to get bottles and decants of 17W01, R01, T01, X01, 16L01 and 18B01. To my amateur nose, the 18B01 and 17X01 have the best opening while the W01 the best dry down. My least favorite would be 17R01 for sure. That one has a nice opening but somehow disappears within 2 hours.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Page 345 of 478 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 ... LastLast