Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 464 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by danamayesing View Post
    Just order from http://labelleperfumes.com/products/...oz-edp-for-men

101 quid for 120ml it was a few days back.

I've seen 100 somewhere too...

Sent from HTC One
    Currently wearing: Uomo by Valentino

labelle is sold out, thanks for the heads up though
    Currently wearing: Al Wisam Day by Rasasi

Got 15Q01, love it. 12h+

Quote Originally Posted by Aztek View Post
    People often get confused with the term "smokey", myself included. 15X01 is not "very smokey". Its just that the pineapple have a darker and more roasted feel to it than any other 2015 batches, except maybe for 15U01 that is similar. Don't think you will get the real "smokey" vibe like the 2013 which is a strong campfire/burning wood and ashy smell.
    Agree 100% I just received my 15X01 in today...and while i don't normally like to give opinions until a few wearings or i have it for a few weeks, yes i am 1 of those who believe it develops after a little time. My first impression is that it is a nice batch, more balanced then some of the other 15's. I wouldn't call it smoke, but it has a darker vibe that develops with the pineapple after a few minutes, and in the dry-down i get a peppery almost ashy vibe, but its nice, However i wouldn't compare it to a 2013 as of now, for me anyway, will see after a little time. I'll post more when i have a few people smell it and tell me there thoughts on it.

P.s. i suck with descriptions and im not a cologne major.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat b View Post
    My first impression is that it is a nice batch, more balanced then some of the other 15's. I wouldn't call it smoke, but it has a darker vibe that develops with the pineapple after a few minutes, and in the dry-down i get a peppery almost ashy vibe, but its nice,
    Thats EXACTLY how I see it!
    Its very well balanced. Surely the most balanced of 2015 with a nice "smokier" vibe that create a nice roasted pineapple.
    But the real "smoky" of 2013? Lol never!

However, the way 15x01 is made, add just 1-2 drop or birch oil in it and you got almost a 2013 batch with a "fire-y" opening

Alright you guys I need your help.

This guy lives close to me and he will sell me the 250 mill for $750.
    I am going to go meet him at a public place of course maybe police station who knows. But I'm going to bring a sample of (thank you Lord) Aaron 11X02 with me.

This way I can test it out and make sure it's the real deal. I know it's kind of expensive but this may be the last of the last of the actual camp burning fire smell.

My question is what are the chances of being real?

And is it worth $750?
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Only YOU knows if ifs worth it or not. If you have the money and you want to, why not?
    I would pay easily 800$ for a 120ml of my old 11S and 12E If I would have the chance..
    There is no "worth it" or "not worth it" when you really want something

Only YOU knows if ifs worth it or not. If you have the money and you want to, why not?
    I would pay easily 800$ for a 120ml of my old 11S and 12E If I would have the chance..
    There is no "worth it" or "not worth it" when you really want something
    Thanks Aztek

I think I'm going to go meet up with him and take the cash with me. I'll see if I can get it cheaper. $700 or maybe $650.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Good Idea

Thats EXACTLY how I see it!
    Its very well balanced. Surely the most balanced of 2015 with a nice "smokier" vibe that create a nice roasted pineapple.
    But the real "smoky" of 2013? Lol never!

However, the way 15x01 is made, add just 1-2 drop or birch oil in it and you got almost a 2013 batch with a "fire-y" opening
    I know this sounds weird, but i really dont like campfire smoke, but love the smokiness of the batches like 13X01 and 13W01 and would even like a stronger smoke batch, but not with the campfire type smoke, and i also like the ashy-vibe in those.

On another note, i emailed the perfume court and told them how much we appreciate them decanting the older batches, and look forward to more. They are currently decanting the 15U11, but just got done with 13W01 and 12J01.

Perfume court? what you talking about Pat.

And where can you sign up for the decants of the older batches.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinyoda View Post
    Thanks Aztek

I think I'm going to go meet up with him and take the cash with me. I'll see if I can get it cheaper. $700 or maybe $650.
    If its legit, I think its more than worth it, and id jump on it in a second!! Bring a dropper and an atomizer with you and do a few sprays.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfume court? what you talking about Pat.

And where can you sign up for the decants of the older batches.
    there are a few places that decant..u have to check weekly to see when the switch there bottle, but http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products/Creed-Aventus__CREEDAVENTUS.aspx was pretty good for older batches

I know this sounds weird, but i really dont like campfire smoke, but love the smokiness of the batches like 13X01 and 13W01 and would even like a stronger smoke batch, but not with the campfire type smoke, and i also like the ashy-vibe in those.
    Maybe we have different perception but.. I already got 13X01 and it was a real burning wood smoke, like campfire. Even 13W01 got this vibe to it.

But it is not really smelling only like a campfire, when you smell this you don't think like "oh this smell like a campfire". Its just that
    the smoke is so strong and kind of "natural smelling" so the roasted pineapple smell like if some pineapple were burning at a campfire.
    Hard to describe..
    Last edited by Dolce_Vita87; 18th December 2015 at 07:20 PM.

Banned

Thanks Aztek

Welp, someone's about to get jumped. Bad idea, man.

Default Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Welp, someone's about to get jumped. Bad idea, man.
    We will meet up at a public place.

He offered to meet up at the police station parking lot. (That's why I sensing it's legit and he knows I'm bringing a sample of my vintage badge with me to compare it.)

Plus I'm bringing my big intimidating friend and I am certified to carry a concealed handgun. In Texas everybody carries them.
    Last edited by Merlinyoda; 18th December 2015 at 07:49 PM.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

If its legit, I think its more than worth it, and id jump on it in a second!! Bring a dropper and an atomizer with you and do a few sprays.

- - - Updated - - -

there are a few places that decant..u have to check weekly to see when the switch there bottle, but http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...EDAVENTUS.aspx was pretty good for older batches
    Thanks P

Cool website, didn't know it existed.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

OK you guys an update

The guy had two bottles of the same batch he got from the storage place when his grandmother passed away and it was a climate controlled storage place.

He sold the first bottle for $350 not realizing what he had. After doing some research and posted on eBay to see how much it was worth that's when he realized what he had from his grandfather's storage.
    Now he's willing to meet up with me and I can bring my small bottle in the dropper and tested out and if it's legit I could meet him back up a couple hours later to pick it up or I can pick it up right then and there what do you think give it a couple hours to see how it fares.

Or if it smells exactly the same just go ahead and buy it and not worry about it?
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Banned

In Texas everybody carries them.
    I'm in Texas. I don't carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    I'm in Texas. I don't carry.
    If you don't carry then it doesn't mean no one carry,

ScentiMental
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

OK you guys an update

The guy had two bottles of the same batch he got from the storage place when his grandmother passed away and it was a climate controlled storage place.

He sold the first bottle for $350 not realizing what he had. After doing some research and posted on eBay to see how much it was worth that's when he realized what he had from his grandfather's storage.
    Now he's willing to meet up with me and I can bring my small bottle in the dropper and tested out and if it's legit I could meet him back up a couple hours later to pick it up or I can pick it up right then and there what do you think give it a couple hours to see how it fares.

Or if it smells exactly the same just go ahead and buy it and not worry about it?
    Test... then come back, you dont know if he's cut it down or not and the only way you are going to be able to tell is time compared to the real deal you have.
    Other than that good luck man! And if you get it lets have a swapski, ive got a couple you HAVE to try!
    Currently wearing: Woodcut by Olympic Orchids

Quote Originally Posted by OneBlueSummer View Post
    Test... then come back, you dont know if he's cut it down or not and the only way you are going to be able to tell is time compared to the real deal you have.
    Other than that good luck man! And if you get it lets have a swapski, ive got a couple you HAVE to try!
    Classic pic One blue summer!

Dude made me spill my coffee. Lol

I talked to guy for about an hour and he's clearing out his grandfathers storage place and he also found a flacon of Jardin. GIT but is keeping that one. I'm hoping for the best and being optimistic about it I don't think he's going through all that trouble if it's fake.
    Specially for let me test it out for several hours then going back and buying it. And testing it against my 11X02.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Maybe we have different perception but.. I already got 13X01 and it was a real burning wood smoke, like campfire. Even 13W01 got this vibe to it.

But it is not really smelling only like a campfire, when you smell this you don't think like "oh this smell like a campfire". Its just that
    the smoke is so strong and kind of "natural smelling" so the roasted pineapple smell like if some pineapple were burning at a campfire.
    Hard to describe..
    LOL, i agree, it is very hard to describe, i have 12j01 which at times has a blast of pure campfire smell, almost same if u put a full drop of birch tar oil in a 10ml of aventus. The smoke i get from 13X01, and to smaller degree the 13w01 is strong smoke without being that campfire smoke, like a richer burning wood smoke..ahhhh so hard to describe, where are the experts out there, you know who you are. Anyway i agree that the 15X01 and 15U01 have a nice darker vibe to them.

Classic pic One blue summer!

Dude made me spill my coffee. Lol

I talked to guy for about an hour and he's clearing out his grandfathers storage place and he also found a flacon of Jardin. GIT but is keeping that one. I'm hoping for the best and being optimistic about it I don't think he's going through all that trouble if it's fake.
    Specially for let me test it out for several hours then going back and buying it. And testing it against my 11X02.
    His grandfather had very fine collection, must be a dandy,

ScentiMental
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

LOL, i agree, it is very hard to describe, i have 12j01 which at times has a blast of pure campfire smell, almost same if u put a full drop of birch tar oil in a 10ml of aventus. The smoke i get from 13X01, and to smaller degree the 13w01 is strong smoke without being that campfire smoke, like a richer burning wood smoke..ahhhh so hard to describe, where are the experts out there, you know who you are. Anyway i agree that the 15X01 and 15U01 have a nice darker vibe to them.
    Yeah maybe I'm just confusing all those different smoke aspect.. But "richer burning wood smoke" is quite that I think. I would also describe it maybe like a home fireplace smell. I was also quite surprised at how the birch tar oil don't smell at all like the burning woods in a fireplace.. I would have preferred that but oh well..
    Last edited by Dolce_Vita87; 18th December 2015 at 11:22 PM.

Ok, just did a side by side with 15X01 and 15U01 with my girlfriend, and she picks the 15X01 over the 15U01 in the first 10 mins of spray. She says she likes the medium pineapple opening mixing with the burning wood like smell, also she smells a earthy-pine like smell(i don't know, i don't smell that...lol) and an ash-like smell. The 15U01 has a thicker pineapple with a musky vibe, then turns alittle woody. I like the 15U01 best out of all the 15's, its the first one for me that was a powerhouse from the first spray, it didn't take a few weeks to develop, it came out guns blazing. 15X01 is right behind the U01 for me and will probably overtake it when i give it a full wearing. To sum it up, I think 15x01 is a very nice balanced batch. I cant compare the dry-downs now because my nose is shot from the openings, both are very strong, and im glad to have both batches.

Default Aventus batch numbers, part 2

I guess what I'm so confused on why is why pay so much for this cologne when the newer batches are ultimately similar after about an hour. What's so different? It's a Fragarance which is still made. It's one thing if it's not around anymore period.

Also is it easy to tell the differences between these batches? I've tried like 3 different ones all very similar some heavier ingredients then others
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GadgetGeek407; 19th December 2015 at 12:28 AM.
    Creed Aventus is my all time favorite

Quote Originally Posted by talk2bilal View Post
    I guess what I'm so confused on why is why pay so much for this cologne when the newer batches are ultimately similar after about an hour. What's so different? It's a Fragarance which is still made. It's one thing if it's not around anymore period.

Agreed.
    I guess you have to accept that some people are easily influenced by stuff they hear/read...

Are you guys kidding me.
    I would totally agree with y'all but one thing is I have a batch of 11X02 and it does not compare to any of the current batches. Thanks to the embargo on certain ingredients the re-formulations has changed the scent drastically. This only doesn't even count Aventus, also affected many many others.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Quote Originally Posted by VGuillaume View Post
    Agreed.
    I guess you have to accept that some people are easily influenced by stuff they hear/read...
    Yoda waste time you must not with the un experienced ones.
    Currently wearing: Woodcut by Olympic Orchids

Quote Originally Posted by talk2bilal View Post

Also is it easy to tell the differences between these batches? I've tried like 3 different ones all very similar some heavier ingredients then others
    First, i don't really find it that expensive thanks to base-notes and the great splitters on here, unless of course you are paying full retail. If i want Chanel allure sport its $80-90 for the 1.7 or 50ml. I can get a split on here for a 1.7 oz for $70 or less of creed aventus , and if i like it i can buy 4oz of it for around $140-$160, just minus the creed bottle. And, if i was dead-set on getting a big botttle for $250-400 , i sure as hell would want to smell it and wear it a few times first, instead of blind buying it.

Second, i can agree that most of the 15's can smell similar after an hour or so, but I can also smell differences in the openings and dry-downs, its these small or sometimes large differences that may attract or sometimes repel a person to a certain batch (too fruity...too smoky...too soft..too heavy...doesnt last on my skin, one spray kills everyone last 96 hours and 2 car washes).

Page 3 of 464 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast