Code of Conduct
Page 411 of 411 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411
Results 12,301 to 12,318 of 12318

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

I love how fast all of the smoky new batch claims get shot down.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Have the 18E02 batch. I can smell the smoke on it without difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante7 View Post
    Have the 18E02 batch. I can smell the smoke on it without difficulty.
    Are you trolling? This has to be trolling. Or maybe you're a seller working an angle. Regardless, there's no smoke in 18E01. Best case scenario, you're confusing smoke for another accord.

Disco is claiming E02, not E01.

No, I am not trolling, or selling. Am just engaging in conversation and sharing thoughts as many have asked about this new batch, so I'm giving you my experience without ulterior motive. I do smell a note that is as close to smoke that I've ever known. Possible it's another note, sure, as I'm not an expert -but do have acute sense of smell and this is a bordeline ash-like scent that is in the background with the other. Smelled it in my last bottle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Disco is claiming E02, not E01.
    I guarantee it's not in E02 either. There are a few folks here that are making false claims about batches because they're selling/decanting on FB groups. I'm not saying DiscoVolante7 is one of them, but it's def getting out of hand here.
    Last edited by 7thDayAventus; Today at 01:31 AM. Reason: grammar

Basenotes Member

No, I am not trolling, or selling. Am just engaging in conversation and sharing thoughts as many have asked about this new batch, so I'm giving you my experience without ulterior motive. I do smell a note that is as close to smoke that I've ever known. Possible it's another note, sure, as I'm not an expert -but do have acute sense of smell and this is a bordeline ash-like scent that is in the background with the other. Smelled it in my last bottle as well.
    Presumably E01 and E02 are two runs of the same batch. Any deconstruction of one applies equally to the other. To my nose the only thing that I would possibly say is vaguely smoky/ash-like would be the mossy mid. About an hour in the fruits die away and leave a mossy scent. This almost fizzes in the back of the nose. A sensation similar to cigarette smoke. But it’s sensation rather than scent. But it’s of the forest, camphorous, peaty and the potential of smoke lives in there. Hiding, willing the ignition. The strike of the match.

That's sort of like saying you can smell water, sure the constituents inside of the water are what give it an aroma, but the water itself has no scent. Unless the smoke is glaringly obvious, your own subjective take on what smoke is should be taken with a grain of salt as the phenolic compounds that gave vintage Aventus it's ashy smoke have been restricted since 2013 to the point where they are now negligible. Oak moss has also been restricted greatly and it contains far less phenolic compounds than say birch tar oil so that's even more unlikely to be it. So whatever you smell that you think is smoke is another chemical you relate to smoke but has nothing to do with it. It's more than likely something in musk or vanillin.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    That's sort of like saying you can smell water, sure the constituents inside of the water are what give it an aroma, but the water itself has no scent. Unless the smoke is glaringly obvious, your own subjective take on what smoke is should be taken with a grain of salt as the phenolic compounds that gave vintage Aventus it's ashy smoke have been restricted since 2013 to the point where they are now negligible. Oak moss has also been restricted greatly and it contains far less phenolic compounds than say birch tar oil so that's even more unlikely to be it. So whatever you smell that you think is smoke is another chemical you relate to smoke but has nothing to do with it. It's more than likely something in musk or vanillin.
    That last part makes a lot of sense, and well said. Whichever note I am sensing is most definitely in the opening. I actually didn't enjoy this note it in my previous bottle, as a couple days it was borderline gaseous (not too dissimilar from Fahrenheit opening). With this newer batch it's still there but integrated much better.

That last part makes a lot of sense, and well said. Whichever note I am sensing is most definitely in the opening. I actually didn't enjoy this note it in my previous bottle, as a couple days it was borderline gaseous (not too dissimilar from Fahrenheit opening). With this newer batch it's still there but integrated much better.
    What batch was your previous bottle? 18B01?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpless View Post
    what batch was your previous bottle? 18b01?
    16k11

Basenotes Plus

16k11
    Hahahahaha so you are telling us you smelled "smoke" in 16K11 too?? Wow, you take some good drugs dude! loll :P
    Seriously... 16K11 is such a fruity bright batches, there is ZERO "smoke" or worst, "gaseous" in this! Go smell a vintage smoky batches then you will know what is a smoky aventus. Strong scent of BBQ, Campfire, Charcoal, Ashes... all this is NOT in aventus since 2014. What you think or perceive like "smoke" is just the combination of patchouli/birch/moss because in some batches its more pronounced so it gives a kind of resinous dark feel that some people perceive like "smoky" but its far from "smoke".
    KEEP
    CALM
    AND
    SMELL
    GOOD

I appreciate other people who actually know what smoky Aventus is and smells like propping up the truth. The last thing I want this thread to turn into is something that somebody might search in years down the line trying to do research on which batches of Aventus were smoky, only to be led down a false path because of erroneous claims of "smoke" in these 2018 batches. Let's please keep these batch interpretations accurate - and you can still have subjectivity without being wrong.

Example: In my subjective opinion, I think the Shawshank Redemption is a great movie, but it doesn't have a heavy metal soundtrack in it, regardless how much someone might associate a melody or drum hit in the soundtrack with heavy metal.

That's correct, Dolce_Vita87, 16K11 indeed was a fruity batch, as I noticed and as was reviewed on here by others at the time when I bought it. Sticking with original opinion of what I'm smelling/smelled. It may not be "smoke," but rather some of the items that you listed above. Sounds like it's a common misconception by many of what "smoke" really is!

No it's not a common misconception, it's been widely known that noticeable smoke has not been in Aventus since early 2014. That's why we're jumping on people who make that claim, we're defending an era of Aventus that Creed has not attempted to bring back likely due to IFRA regulations on phenolic/sensitizing compounds, these materials naturally emit a smoky quality to varying degrees. They are now gone for good, or highly limited, you basically cannot mimic smoke without using a certain amount of phenolic compounds in a blend. What little amounts they are allowed to use will not emit anything noticeably smoky.

Basenotes Plus

Sounds like it's a common misconception by many of what "smoke" really is!
    Sorry but when you really smelled the vintage smoky aventus and then know what the "smoke" in aventus smells like, you can't have a misconception of it and perceive the smoke when its no more there. Like... you can't be fooled by the darkness of the patchouli/moss/birch and thinking its "smoke" while the smoke in aventus was nothing about that. I'm pretty sure if you smelled the vintage "burnt pineapple on a charcoal" batches then you will definitely found it obvious that what you smelled was anything but smoky.
    KEEP
    CALM
    AND
    SMELL
    GOOD

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce_Vita87 View Post
    Sorry but when you really smelled the vintage smoky aventus and then know what the "smoke" in aventus smells like, you can't have a misconception of it and perceive the smoke when its no more there. Like... you can't be fooled by the darkness of the patchouli/moss/birch and thinking its "smoke" while the smoke in aventus was nothing about that. I'm pretty sure if you smelled the vintage "burnt pineapple on a charcoal" batches then you will definitely found it obvious that what you smelled was anything but smoky.
    That’s so on the nose. If you pardon the pun. When I used to wear my ‘12 batches a colleague of mine would have flashbacks to his time as a kazoo player in the minor jazz clubs of London in the 60s. It became a problem after a hallucination involving Keith Richards required my old company to provide him with a course of counselling sessions. They insisted I only wear fragrance from a handpicked selection my secretary was sent to purchase from Debenhams on Oxford Street. She came back with 50ml of Joop Homme and, coincidentally, a bottle of Jazz! Seriously, you couldn’t make it up. Anyway, I went to visit him recently and for a laugh popped on a bit of 17S01. Fortunately there were no incidents. He did talk about old newsreel footage of Winston Churchill all afternoon though. I think that tells you everything you need to know about smoke in Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    No it's not a common misconception, it's been widely known that noticeable smoke has not been in Aventus since early 2014. That's why we're jumping on people who make that claim, we're defending an era of Aventus that Creed has not attempted to bring back likely due to IFRA regulations on phenolic/sensitizing compounds, these materials naturally emit a smoky quality to varying degrees. They are now gone for good, or highly limited, you basically cannot mimic smoke without using a certain amount of phenolic compounds in a blend. What little amounts they are allowed to use will not emit anything noticeably smoky.
    Damn, I really would have liked to have experienced this. I lost an auction for a 30ml 14C01 by exactly 2 last month, would have been nice to get my nose on an older batch just to educate myself if nothing else, ah well win some lose some I guess

Page 411 of 411 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411