Code of Conduct
Page 459 of 465 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,770 of 13947

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Yea, apparently since 2011 my contribulations to Aventus enthusiast is to hype sells via in person or on line. I would type "lol", but this isnt funny. Thanks to all those who help others on here. I'll get to my messages and apologize if I havent gotten back. Recent fucks online have prompted me to go back to where it was less dramfied. If I can help just message me ok.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    Yea, apparently since 2011 my contribulations to Aventus enthusiast is to hype sells via in person or on line. I would type "lol", but this isnt funny. Thanks to all those who help others on here. I'll get to my messages and apologize if I havent gotten back. Recent fucks online have prompted me to go back to where it was less dramfied. If I can help just message me ok.
    Hi Jovan,
    I am really sorry to see you disappointed. I am new to this forum however, I spent several months here and there reading the posts from here prior registering. I have enjoyed your posts that were dated a while back as they were true gems. I am a linguist by my first degree and I love language. I also doubt that I will be ever able to express myself in a manner that I enjoy since English is my third language. Anyway, this threat steered in a different direction from the 1st aventis thread. Don't take it personally, though I understand that you left a part of you in here. I just want to let you know that there are people in here that truly rely on your opinion. Hang tough! Best of luck to you!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Is there any other feedbacks on the latest 19P11 batch? I got 4oz of decant coming next week.

How's the 18G11 going so far?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, i have 100ml Pineapple Vintage Emperor EDP, 50ml Extrait, and 50ml PVI. Both Emperor version smells divine, with slightly more pineapple in the opening than 18K11, the aventus has pineapple occurs in late opening and also has some dark fruits (black current??)in the mid than the Emperors. Birch wood/smokiness from both are about the same from mid to dry down. Bergomot and Pineapple notes from Emperor EDP and Extrait have much better stamina than the 18K11 and quite linear throughout. Longevity both Emperors are superior, 18K11 is slightly more complex. The thing is, the Extrait cost $119 for 50ml...you can get the real aventus decant for the same price, i could even get 100ml of 18K11 decant for about $160~190. if you could find a good performance batch then stick with Aventus, otherwise longevity both Emperor EDP and Extrait last over 12hr on my skin.

The latest 50ml ($79) of PVI i received yesterday (4/17/2019) directly from Pineapple Vintage is a complete POS, when i saw a lot of negative comments and complaints from the last few months i thought people were blowing smoke and bad mouthing "clones", but man this stuff smells like complete garbage, rotten pineapple with very potent funk hit my nose right off the bat, it gave me a vivid picture of slimy rotten pineapple sitting at the bottom of the trashcan, PVI smells absolutely NOTHING like Emperor EDP/Extrait, nevermind to compare with Aventus. I don't know if they got bad batch of ingredients or someone fell asleep at the mixing lab, this trash juice not even worth $5 because it's unwearable. Stay far away from the PVI until they fix this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrapes View Post
    Anyone find 19N01 not to be very long lasting? I tried Aventus in Liberty and was blown away by the longevity. Even after two showers I could still smell it on my wrists so I bought the 19N01 from Nose in Paris. It arrived yesterday and having applied it a few times it doesn't seem to hang around for more than a few hours. The one I sampled reacted really well with my skin but I didn't think to check the batch. I'm a bit disappointed.
    Hi, i have the same feeling with my first Creed Aventus bottle with batch CM4219N01, bought it also from Nose last week

Can someone explain me, i found that there is same batch but it starts with A4219N01, are they both genuine or one is fake? both have same white ring inside the sprayer, everything looks the same

and same thing for 19P01 batch, look at the pics, first one looks like mine from Nose, the second one looks like from one youtube review, from John Lewis store
    Thanks!
    cvvvb.jpg
    creed.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ad4m View Post
    Hi, i have the same feeling with my first Creed Aventus bottle with batch CM4219N01, bought it also from Nose last week

Can someone explain me, i found that there is same batch but it starts with A4219N01, are they both genuine or one is fake? both have same white ring inside the sprayer, everything looks the same

and same thing for 19P01 batch, look at the pics, first one looks like mine from Nose, the second one looks like from one youtube review, from John Lewis store
    Thanks!
    cvvvb.jpg
    creed.jpg

Both real, both the same batch. Don't bother figuring out why the first 3-4 digits of the batch code differ. We already discussed that on here. It may indicate the country/continent/area the bottle of that certain batch was aimed for (regarding sales). Whatever it is, it doesn't have anything to do with the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    Both real, both the same batch. Don't bother figuring out why the first 3-4 digits of the batch code differ. We already discussed that on here. It may indicate the country/continent/area the bottle of that certain batch was aimed for (regarding sales). Whatever it is, it doesn't have anything to do with the smell.
    Just so it's clear..
    so it's possible that the same batch, has different batch codes engravings on the bottle?
    and also different hair color to the horseman? and also different inside lable? (silver/white)
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by ben805 View Post
    Is there any other feedbacks on the latest 19P11 batch? I got 4oz of decant coming next week.

How's the 18G11 going so far?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, i have 100ml Pineapple Vintage Emperor EDP, 50ml Extrait, and 50ml PVI. Both Emperor version smells divine, with slightly more pineapple in the opening than 18K11, the aventus has pineapple occurs in late opening and also has some dark fruits (black current??)in the mid than the Emperors. Birch wood/smokiness from both are about the same from mid to dry down. Bergomot and Pineapple notes from Emperor EDP and Extrait have much better stamina than the 18K11 and quite linear throughout. Longevity both Emperors are superior, 18K11 is slightly more complex. The thing is, the Extrait cost $119 for 50ml...you can get the real aventus decant for the same price, i could even get 100ml of 18K11 decant for about $160~190. if you could find a good performance batch then stick with Aventus, otherwise longevity both Emperor EDP and Extrait last over 12hr on my skin.

The latest 50ml ($79) of PVI i received yesterday (4/17/2019) directly from Pineapple Vintage is a complete POS, when i saw a lot of negative comments and complaints from the last few months i thought people were blowing smoke and bad mouthing "clones", but man this stuff smells like complete garbage, rotten pineapple with very potent funk hit my nose right off the bat, it gave me a vivid picture of slimy rotten pineapple sitting at the bottom of the trashcan, PVI smells absolutely NOTHING like Emperor EDP/Extrait, nevermind to compare with Aventus. I don't know if they got bad batch of ingredients or someone fell asleep at the mixing lab, this trash juice not even worth $5 because it's unwearable. Stay far away from the PVI until they fix this trash.
    I have to agree.. I tried PVI and it just stinks like slimy rotten pineapple like you said. Also reminded me of a dirty wet towel that hasn’t been cleaned forever. Emperor is decent but for the price it’s much better to stick with Aventus decants.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by razzzr View Post
    Just so it's clear..
    so it's possible that the same batch, has different batch codes engravings on the bottle?
    and also different hair color to the horseman? and also different inside lable? (silver/white)
    Yes to the batch codes and yes to the different hair color of the horseman (or label in general).
    But the adhesive part of the label was always silver (at least from 13-18). Never seen it in white color.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaii View Post
    I have to agree.. I tried PVI and it just stinks like slimy rotten pineapple like you said. Also reminded me of a dirty wet towel that hasnít been cleaned forever. Emperor is decent but for the price itís much better to stick with Aventus decants.
    yea man, i still can't believe how bad the PVI smells, i would rather wear Lysol and febreze than this foul smelling concoction.

Yes to the batch codes and yes to the different hair color of the horseman (or label in general).
    But the adhesive part of the label was always silver (at least from 13-18). Never seen it in white color.
    The adhesive part of the label is not always silver; my 18F21 is white. Apparently Creed have made some white labels in 2018; so some 18 batches have white labels. The hair color of the horseman on these white labels, at least on my 18F21, is different, inky and without details, almost like fake, but batches with these labels are authentic as well lol.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

i wouldnt worry, my aventus from paris from the creed boutique is s42118e01 and the etching on the bottom is different from both of the ones you posted. it reads ecomundo 75008 paris on one line, then france lot s42118e01 underneath it on a separate line.

Basenotes Member

Last time I "hyped" a batch is when I was a rookie in the aventus game..... it was 15X21... Only cause it reminded me of the vintage stuff my buddy had.... I just got a 19P01 today.... 2 100ml BNIB and a 30ml decant .... WOW.... this one is gonna be great...

BTW Cavball has one more left on fleabay.... (just sayin)

Quote Originally Posted by vthud View Post
    The adhesive part of the label is not always silver; my 18F21 is white. Apparently Creed have made some white labels in 2018; so some 18 batches have white labels. The hair color of the horseman on these white labels, at least on my 18F21, is different, inky and without details, almost like fake, but batches with these labels are authentic as well lol.
    Could you post a picture of that white label? As I said, I never saw that on a 18' bottle.

Could you post a picture of that white label? As I said, I never saw that on a 18' bottle.
    P01-1.jpg

this is from the P01

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oceanseleven View Post
    Last time I "hyped" a batch is when I was a rookie in the aventus game..... it was 15X21... Only cause it reminded me of the vintage stuff my buddy had.... I just got a 19P01 today.... 2 100ml BNIB and a 30ml decant .... WOW.... this one is gonna be great...

I have to agree.
    it's still early, haven't done a full wearing test..
    but after a side by side paper and skin test comparing with 18e01..
    There is a sweeter pineapple in the opening. very nice. (nothing bombastic/crazy), but juicy/tropical. (on the P01)
    The P01 also performs better. i got 6-7 of nice pumping sillage. and 11 hours as strong skin scent.
    That's pretty good right out of the gate. i am a bit excited about this one.
    Just to clarify.. i'm no expert.. i have a few batches.. (18E01,16L01,18F21 and sampled some older ones).
    this is just my initial opinion
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Scentenarian View Post
    This comment is going to get buried, but the hype behind 19P01 is very much manufactured. Yes, it may still be a very good batch, but it's being hyped in a very artifical manner. First off, the hype began when a certain member from another community had 2 large flacons to decant from (and he's getting more). That particular group was and still is being spammed hard by 19P01 as the Second Coming of Aventus. Secondly - and this going to rub a lot folks - he lives within miles of a certain Basenoter whose opinions many of us hang our Aventus hats on and has struck up a friendship with this beloved Basenoter over the last year or so (you can actually find it on this thread if you dig deep enough). So it's no surprise, when suddenly 19P01 is being hyped here and elsewhere. It just strikes me as disengenous and quite manufactured. At the very least, the hype here seems to be more of a favor to a certain decanter than anything else.

What i dont understand is what does it really matter with hyping one thing or the other? Jowan loves aventus and hes helped this community more then you ever will. Do you really need to get merit points for something you want to address that bothers you? You guys are all grown men. And ladies if you read this thread. You buy decants at a discounted price. If you dont like it or its not for you sell it. Youll get your money back. Its sad to think some are easily influence by others opinions. If another base noter is really hyped about a particular batch let them. Buy it for yourself and form your own opinion. Im in the market of getting that 19p01. Thanks for your intake Jowan. When i get it, ill smell it and write own opinion on it. See, thats how its done scentenerian. If its hyped and i dont like it, ill get rid of it or give it to family. I look forward to reading peoples opinion including jowans yours or whom ever when its about the scent. But that negativity or blowing the whistle bs is childish. Form your opinion fellas. But the feedback we get from our vets is always welcomed. I miss smelly, mountainbikes and especially Merlin. The guy was the total opposite of me. Every batch he hated i bought. To the newbies buy the batches and state your experiences. They are all welcomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oceanseleven View Post

I was there with you oceans. 15x21 is my first ever aventus batch. Its an animal. But my baby will always be 15u11

- - - Updated - - -

I saw what you did there on that last sentence. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonsfer View Post
    What i dont understand is what does it really matter with hyping one thing or the other? Jowan loves aventus and hes helped this community more then you ever will. Do you really need to get merit points for something you want to address that bothers you? You guys are all grown men. And ladies if you read this thread. You buy decants at a discounted price. If you dont like it or its not for you sell it. Youll get your money back. Its sad to think some are easily influence by others opinions. If another base noter is really hyped about a particular batch let them. Buy it for yourself and form your own opinion. Im in the market of getting that 19p01. Thanks for your intake Jowan. When i get it, ill smell it and write own opinion on it. See, thats how its done scentenerian. If its hyped and i dont like it, ill get rid of it or give it to family. I look forward to reading peoples opinion including jowans yours or whom ever when its about the scent. But that negativity or blowing the whistle bs is childish. Form your opinion fellas. But the feedback we get from our vets is always welcomed. I miss smelly, mountainbikes and especially Merlin. The guy was the total opposite of me. Every batch he hated i bought. To the newbies buy the batches and state your experiences. They are all welcomed.
    It wasn't hyping, it was shilling. Read the thread again. AromaTroma admitted as much before going nuts. And Jowan's review was so embellished it read as bogus. He claimed 19P01 was 'smoky and vintage'. That's total BS as confirmed by a thread on the FB group where he was called out for it. This goes against the very notion of this forum. For the record, 19P01 is reminiscent of 17Y01. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentenarian View Post
    It wasn't hyping, it was shilling. Read the thread again. AromaTroma admitted as much before going nuts. And Jowan's review was so embellished it read as bogus. He claimed 19P01 was 'smoky and vintage'. That's total BS as confirmed by a thread on the FB group where he was called out for it. This goes against the very notion of this forum. For the record, 19P01 is reminiscent of 17Y01. That's it.
    Jowan has been one of the most upstanding members on the Aventus subforum and BN could do with a few more Jowans. He doesn’t always give a specific breakdown of notes, claim to be a perfumer or anything else of the sort. In my experience he is friendly and well humoured, will often go out of his way to help others and gives his honest opinion on what he smells. Too many people get triggered at the slightest talk of smoke because no-one agrees on what it means - there’s no consensus on it. Carefully read back over what he said because you’ve misquoted him on what he said about 19P01 and don’t be so quick to judge.

Unfortunately the forum has recently become inundated with a swathe of new accounts asking the ‘same old same old’, despite the sticky, despite the search function. Despite the best efforts of many of us here to try and make this subforum easier to use with our suggestion to use these tools there are some that can never be helped. Why do you think replies don’t flow as they once did from the old faces? Read back over the last 20 or 30 pages of this thread and you’ll see the kinds of posts that are the problem.

Look back a few hundred pages and you’ll see how this place roared with batch talk, real batch talk.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by HermŤs

Jowan spoke about "smoky pineapple goodness", that it reminds him of a "balanced 2011 or 2013 that had a baby" and he said its "ashey" (but the pineapple is more dominant as far as I understood his note breakdown). He also said that the opening is similar to 17Y01.

I won't judge his note breakdown nor I'll create a drama here. These are only some of the things he said. Everyone can see for themselves how they think about this batch.

Also, people who get triggered by hearing the word 'smoky' in the context of newer batches are usually long time members or Aventus 'connoisseurs'. Also, those who talk about smoky modern batches are often new to the Aventus game. But I agree that there is no consensus regarding that word.

Btw: the guy who uploaded the video about 19P01 having a vintage vibe removed his video today, all of the sudden.

I have received a few more decants today, 19P11, 19P01, and 18G11. There isn't much difference between these three batches, projection and longevity are piss poor. :-\

Is anyone finding 19's to be more reminiscent of 17's or 18's? Or are they their own thing entirely? 18's had quite a soapy, leathery accord lingering around them. It wasn't too pronounced but definitely hung around the mids and base. It felt like a new addition to the scent that I'd yet to experience from other years.

Jowan spoke about "smoky pineapple goodness", that it reminds him of a "balanced 2011 or 2013 that had a baby" and he said its "ashey" (but the pineapple is more dominant as far as I understood his note breakdown). He also said that the opening is similar to 17Y01.

I won't judge his note breakdown nor I'll create a drama here. These are only some of the things he said. Everyone can see for themselves how they think about this batch.

Also, people who get triggered by hearing the word 'smoky' in the context of newer batches are usually long time members or Aventus 'connoisseurs'. Also, those who talk about smoky modern batches are often new to the Aventus game. But I agree that there is no consensus regarding that word.

Btw: the guy who uploaded the video about 19P01 having a vintage vibe removed his video today, all of the sudden.
    Looks like the truth slowly but surely coming out. Something definitely odd now with buddy deleting YouTube video.

Quote Originally Posted by ben805 View Post
    I have received a few more decants today, 19P11, 19P01, and 18G11. There isn't much difference between these three batches, projection and longevity are piss poor. :-\

I have 18G11 and projection and longevity is amazing. Did you make sure you havent turnt nosebilnd ? I received compliments after 10,5H (3sprays) while I didnt know the scent was still there.

Ask someone around you... . I Love 18g11

So I came very close to ordering a bottle of 19P01 due to all the albeit confusing hype. The 17's are also my favorite and 19p01 seemed to echo these. I'm glad I waited though. Some more seemingly accurate reviews are finally coming out the Aventus woodworks:

In general I'd say this batch is average at best. Here's what I think happened 19p01 was released and it got a fantastic review almost unbelievable. The hype train left the station and didn't look back.on top of that this was released in limited quantity giving the hype train even more HP. You really only seen this offered bnib in raffles. As for everyone agreeing this is the best thing since jesus there mind set is that they wanna believe in the hype to the point that they actually do. I have nothing to gain or lose by posting this. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a no bullshit straight to the point what you see is what you get guy. You all asked for it and there it is. There is nothing special going on unless there is a A,B,C and D version I dont know about. In closing it smells like aventus.

it would be great if some of the 0 post newcomers appearing out of thin air to throw shade on some of the more established members/reviewers in various communities had actually contributed something of value themselves.

but nope, nothing but trash and useless bottom feeders. if you want to post in this thread you should be bringing original and thorough batch impressions at the least as a counterpoint to other people's takes. then the community can see if these individuals words have any worth. if people are coming here just to trash on others that speaks volumes to their intentions, agenda much? anyone can review a batch, compare a series of batches and write a few sentences nobody is going to chastise you for that on the contrary.

it would be much better if the people who aren't going to contribute anything meaningful by means of their own opinion didn't post anything at all. what Sheik said is spot-on and it's abundantly clear that this thread has become nothing more than a feeding ground for such leeches and parasites.

Banned

I stopped posting and only lurk now and again because of the same questions being asked ad nauseam. I also don't find any real insights on batches anymore. Having said that, the recent hype train fiasco is the nail in the coffin for me haha. On one hand the callout was silly, on the other hand the hyping of a certain batch was just as ridiculous given the weird circumstances IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom.of.summertime View Post
    I have 18G11 and projection and longevity is amazing. Did you make sure you havent turnt nosebilnd ? I received compliments after 10,5H (3sprays) while I didnt know the scent was still there.

I compared them to the Emperor EDP and Extrait and could smell them much longer than those four aventus batches so I don't think it was noseblind, those batches all have very good opening and good mid, but just don't last as long, after 2~3hr they became weak sauce. 19P01 is no gem as it has the exact same longevity as 18K11, 19P11, and 18G11...at least on my skin, the opening and mid of the 19P01 is nothing special....i specifically sought out for this batch to sample due to the hype i saw here, but it is not superior comparing to other batches i mentioned. wish i could get some sample of the older batch with legendary performance to compare all of them. I'll let them sit for few months and see if they would mature, but for now it just seems like i fell for the snake oil. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom.of.summertime View Post

G11 is a banger, great fruity scent and very decent performance. if anyone is dissapointed in a batch like this maybe Aventus just isn't for them. it certainly doesn't smell that close to some of the others mentioned either. G11 has a great tangy kick in the mid from the apple that's so intense and fruity that it's literally mouth-watering. and no i'm not selling bottles/decants, it's called an opinion.

17X01 just David Copperfielded me. I thought for sure it had matured into a more green and bright bergamot frag with little to no vanilla anymore. My last few wearings indicated as such. I threw it on today and, lo and behold, it's back to being a bright pineapple and vanilla bomb. Now the green accord has receded into the back. I think anosmia is a lot more nuanced than we think. Sometimes it blocks the scent altogether and sometimes it blocks certain accords. Very curious what others think...

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    G11 is a banger, great fruity scent and very decent performance. if anyone is dissapointed in a batch like this maybe Aventus just isn't for them. it certainly doesn't smell that close to some of the others mentioned either. G11 has a great tangy kick in the mid from the apple that's so intense and fruity that it's literally mouth-watering. and no i'm not selling bottles/decants, it's called an opinion.
    It's probably my favorite batch of the 18s and 17s I've tried / own:

That includes 17T01, 17X01, 18B01, 18B11, and 18K01.

Quote Originally Posted by Agio612 View Post
    It's probably my favorite batch of the 18s and 17s I've tried / own:

That includes 17T01, 17X01, 18B01, 18B11, and 18K01.
    i also think G11 is better than any of those listed. K01 (the initial run) is a bit of a hard one to compare because it's so different to any other batch. unfortunately the later K01 flacons/bottles contain totally different juice (lets call it K01-b, lol).

both G11 and K11 really do it for me. G11 is the stronger batch performance wise but the balance is somewhat different i'd say it's about 60-40 pineapple to apple whereas K11 is more like the inverse where the apple really started to dominate. yum!

supposedly G02 is even better than G11 but not such an easy batch to come by, no flacons. don't think it's quite as tangy either so i'd probably still prefer G11.

Page 459 of 465 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 ... LastLast