Code of Conduct
Page 465 of 490 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 475 ... LastLast
Results 13,921 to 13,950 of 14688
o

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by 7thDayAventus View Post
    Hereís a rundown of the batches Iíve tried so far. Someone else did this a while back and I found it informative though, of course, itís somewhat subjective. I left out one or two batches that didnít make much of mark on me.

12J01 Ė 12J01 is all smoke and apples. So much so that it smells almost like apple-smoked brisket. I get a note reminiscent of cooked meat in the opening. Itís not pleasant imo. The dry down is quite smooth though with sweet, woody notes showing up. Aside from novelty, I would not seek out this batch again or one similar to it. The vintage smoke that folks often rave about is not all that pleasing to me.

15R01 Ė This was my very first bottle. Considering the current prices for older bottles I got this at a steal for $200 BNIB. Still, Iím not a big fan. It epitomizes the fruit bowl opening, at least relative to what Iíve experienced so far. Itís fruity in an almost generic sense with no singular note shining through.

15U11 Ė 15U11 has a gorgeous pineapple opening that will send you spiraling into the heavens. Unfortunately, the dry down will abandon you in a wet cardboard box somewhere in downtown Los Angeles. Again, skin chemistry plays a part, but this has to be one of the worst dry downs Iíve experienced.

15Y11 Ė My very first batch was 15Y11. Itís so unique and bizarre that it colored how I viewed subsequent batches for a good while. Itís all birch and pineapple with an odd, but pleasant licorice note to boot. Itís also one of the strongest batches Iíve ever owned. However, there are two variants of 15Y11 as the estimable AromaTroma pointed out to me. One variant is sweeter while the other is darker. Now that Iíve owned both I would say that while both retain the licorice/anise note and prominent birch, the darker one is more potent on my skin.

16D01 Ė Another bright pineapple opening that I found intoxicating. Unfortunately, the dry down left much to be desired. The woods are almost astringent and give off that oft-mentioned pencil shavings vibe. I actually really liked 16D01 initially, but could not get past the dry down.

16L01 Ė This is a very nice, balanced batch. Easily one of the safest batches out there for those on the fence regarding what particular notes they enjoy the most.

16M01 - Darkventus AKA Manventus. A top batch for me. Itís dark, sweet even kind of mysterious. It opens with a sweet, but muted citrus that reminds me more of oranges than either pineapple or bergamot. To my nose, itís almost aquatic at certain moments. Overall I find it luxuriant and rich perhaps owing to significantly more musk than other batches. Itís quite unusual relative to most other batches and has as many fans as it does detractors.

17S01 Ė This one is still flying under the radar a bit, but is exceptional imo. It opens up very bright with a pleasant dry down.

17T01 Ė This particular batch ushered in a wave of sweeter batches for 2017. This one, however, didnít quite get it right. Itís heavy on the apple and vanilla. It also seems to have an unusual amount of amber that makes it a bit cloying to me.

17W11 Ė Another top batch for me. Itís dark and sweet and just all-around lovely. The pineapple and vanilla are perfectly balanced and remain in the dry down. It definitely veers toward the sweeter side as do many newer batches, but does so in an exceptional manner.

17X01 Ė Finally, another batch unique enough to consider alongside 15Y11. In fact, I think 17X01 is 15Y11ís nephew. It opens up bright with an exceptional green note alongside an unusual chypre twist to it. It then dries down to a beautiful, rich musk with vanilla and a hint of woods.

17Y02 Ė A lot of people seem to enjoy this one. Unfortunately, I found it to be quite bitter in both the opening and the dry down. Relative to other 2017 batches, I was disappointed with 17Y02.

18B01 Ė I love this batch. It has an unusual floral opening that Iíve yet to find in other batches. Jasmine with a bit of rose hover around the apple, vanilla and pineapple. The dry down is woody and sweet. My gal adores this batch.

After a solid two years of sampling, I gave away most of my decants to friends and finally purchased a few bottles I found exceptional. While I prefer to wear fragrances to please myself, the batches that have garnered the most compliments so far are 18B01 and 17W11. These are definitely crowd pleasers owing to their sweeter accords imo. If I had to rank my favorite batches it would be a battle between 16M01, 17W11 and 17X01. Iím also no longer inclined to chase older, vintage batches. I think half the hype of older batches has to do with basic supply and demand. Newer batches will garner similar hype in a few years and the cycle will continue with Aventus and other frags. I hope this helps some newer folks. All the veterans on this forum have been incredibly helpful to me so I figured Iíd pass it on.

While a scent may, ultimately, be rooted in ephemera and is not necessarily high on the list of the daily demands life presents us, simple pleasures should not be overlooked or dismissed either even in the most troubling of times. Proust says it best:

ďBut when from a long-distant past nothing subsists, after the people are dead, after the things are broken and scattered, taste and smell alone, more fragile but more enduring, more unsubstantial, more persistent, more faithful, remain poised a long time, like souls, remembering, waiting, hoping, amid the ruins of all the rest; and bear unflinchingly, in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence, the vast structure of recollection.Ē
    Quoted for posterity - great post!

I got the 16M01 decant from EBay. Gotta be careful though, good to establish a dialogue with the seller before you purchase.
    If they are open and talking more to you (about the Aventus), then they have a higher chance of being real. In my experience, and if it's too cheap, it's fake

Quote Originally Posted by Liv4Spd View Post
    I wish basenotes had a like button. Sometimes itís good to acknowledge a post without necessarily having to respond to it.

That summary of batches by Seven Day Aventus was like my holy bible for batch chasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by 7thDayAventus View Post
    Hereís a rundown of the batches Iíve tried so far. Someone else did this a while back and I found it informative though, of course, itís somewhat subjective. I left out one or two batches that didnít make much of mark on me.

12J01 Ė 12J01 is all smoke and apples. So much so that it smells almost like apple-smoked brisket. I get a note reminiscent of cooked meat in the opening. Itís not pleasant imo. The dry down is quite smooth though with sweet, woody notes showing up. Aside from novelty, I would not seek out this batch again or one similar to it. The vintage smoke that folks often rave about is not all that pleasing to me.

15R01 Ė This was my very first bottle. Considering the current prices for older bottles I got this at a steal for $200 BNIB. Still, Iím not a big fan. It epitomizes the fruit bowl opening, at least relative to what Iíve experienced so far. Itís fruity in an almost generic sense with no singular note shining through.

15U11 Ė 15U11 has a gorgeous pineapple opening that will send you spiraling into the heavens. Unfortunately, the dry down will abandon you in a wet cardboard box somewhere in downtown Los Angeles. Again, skin chemistry plays a part, but this has to be one of the worst dry downs Iíve experienced.

15Y11 Ė My very first batch was 15Y11. Itís so unique and bizarre that it colored how I viewed subsequent batches for a good while. Itís all birch and pineapple with an odd, but pleasant licorice note to boot. Itís also one of the strongest batches Iíve ever owned. However, there are two variants of 15Y11 as the estimable AromaTroma pointed out to me. One variant is sweeter while the other is darker. Now that Iíve owned both I would say that while both retain the licorice/anise note and prominent birch, the darker one is more potent on my skin.

16D01 Ė Another bright pineapple opening that I found intoxicating. Unfortunately, the dry down left much to be desired. The woods are almost astringent and give off that oft-mentioned pencil shavings vibe. I actually really liked 16D01 initially, but could not get past the dry down.

16L01 Ė This is a very nice, balanced batch. Easily one of the safest batches out there for those on the fence regarding what particular notes they enjoy the most.

16M01 - Darkventus AKA Manventus. A top batch for me. Itís dark, sweet even kind of mysterious. It opens with a sweet, but muted citrus that reminds me more of oranges than either pineapple or bergamot. To my nose, itís almost aquatic at certain moments. Overall I find it luxuriant and rich perhaps owing to significantly more musk than other batches. Itís quite unusual relative to most other batches and has as many fans as it does detractors.

17S01 Ė This one is still flying under the radar a bit, but is exceptional imo. It opens up very bright with a pleasant dry down.

17T01 Ė This particular batch ushered in a wave of sweeter batches for 2017. This one, however, didnít quite get it right. Itís heavy on the apple and vanilla. It also seems to have an unusual amount of amber that makes it a bit cloying to me.

17W11 Ė Another top batch for me. Itís dark and sweet and just all-around lovely. The pineapple and vanilla are perfectly balanced and remain in the dry down. It definitely veers toward the sweeter side as do many newer batches, but does so in an exceptional manner.

17X01 Ė Finally, another batch unique enough to consider alongside 15Y11. In fact, I think 17X01 is 15Y11ís nephew. It opens up bright with an exceptional green note alongside an unusual chypre twist to it. It then dries down to a beautiful, rich musk with vanilla and a hint of woods.

17Y02 Ė A lot of people seem to enjoy this one. Unfortunately, I found it to be quite bitter in both the opening and the dry down. Relative to other 2017 batches, I was disappointed with 17Y02.

18B01 Ė I love this batch. It has an unusual floral opening that Iíve yet to find in other batches. Jasmine with a bit of rose hover around the apple, vanilla and pineapple. The dry down is woody and sweet. My gal adores this batch.

After a solid two years of sampling, I gave away most of my decants to friends and finally purchased a few bottles I found exceptional. While I prefer to wear fragrances to please myself, the batches that have garnered the most compliments so far are 18B01 and 17W11. These are definitely crowd pleasers owing to their sweeter accords imo. If I had to rank my favorite batches it would be a battle between 16M01, 17W11 and 17X01. Iím also no longer inclined to chase older, vintage batches. I think half the hype of older batches has to do with basic supply and demand. Newer batches will garner similar hype in a few years and the cycle will continue with Aventus and other frags. I hope this helps some newer folks. All the veterans on this forum have been incredibly helpful to me so I figured Iíd pass it on.

While a scent may, ultimately, be rooted in ephemera and is not necessarily high on the list of the daily demands life presents us, simple pleasures should not be overlooked or dismissed either even in the most troubling of times. Proust says it best:

ďBut when from a long-distant past nothing subsists, after the people are dead, after the things are broken and scattered, taste and smell alone, more fragile but more enduring, more unsubstantial, more persistent, more faithful, remain poised a long time, like souls, remembering, waiting, hoping, amid the ruins of all the rest; and bear unflinchingly, in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence, the vast structure of recollection.Ē
    This was really helpful for me as well. Too bad he was purportedly banned in the 19P01 fiasco...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liv4Spd View Post
    It helped me out a lot in narrowing down my selections...
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Oh look! Batch talk in the batch thread. Who would've thunk it?

Hopefully we can get back to that now that the fake chasers have been told where to go...

Okay guys, I am searching for a sweet juicy patchouli musk heavy batch that came out around 2017 and maybe later in the year. It was my first ever batch and Iíve come close to finding it in 17S01 and 16D01.

The batch I had was complex, dark bright juicy complex accords. Pineapple was not the star of the show. It was jammy and mediciney almost.

Take 16D01, make it a bit brighter and louder and a touch dirtier with heavier patchouli and that was my mystery batch.

It wasnít 17W11 or 16M01. 16D01 was the closest.

Who can help me get out here?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post

Hopefully we can get back to that now that the fake chasers have been told where to go...
    Right? hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony8472 View Post
    Okay guys, I am searching for a sweet juicy patchouli musk heavy batch that came out around 2017 and maybe later in the year. It was my first ever batch and I’ve come close to finding it in 17S01 and 16D01.

The batch I had was complex, dark bright juicy complex accords. Pineapple was not the star of the show. It was jammy and mediciney almost.

Take 16D01, make it a bit brighter and louder and a touch dirtier with heavier patchouli and that was my mystery batch.

It wasn’t 17W11 or 16M01. 16D01 was the closest.

Who can help me get out here?

It's highly likely that you've already encountered the batch you're seeking. The thing is, there are extraneous factors including weather, maceration, temperature, etc., that can affect our perception of scents even ones that are seemingly identical. It's why many of us often detect different notes after taking a break from a frag.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post

Or the posts we were getting last year of "I just tried batch 18KITTYKITTYLICKLICK....very smokey with pineapple, beast mode!" from new members who just happened to be selling decants of that same batch on eBay and God knows where else.

Any fans of 19P11 and 19P21? Could you provide a note breakdown and a comparison to other batches? Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Right? hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

It's highly likely that you've already encountered the batch you're seeking. The thing is, there are extraneous factors including weather, maceration, temperature, etc., that can affect our perception of scents even ones that are seemingly identical. It's why many of us often detect different notes after taking a break from a frag.
    Thanks for your comments.
    I still have the empty bottle of my mystery batch and can smell the different otherwise I would agree with you entirely.

Itís quite possible that my batch was 16D01 and that my batch had a different shelf life or the batch had mature more since I got my first bottle. But that is speculation.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Any fans of 19P11 and 19P21? Could you provide a note breakdown and a comparison to other batches? Thank you...
    There's a good search function for these threads, just to let you know. 19P11 was described nicely by Palmolive not too long ago.
    I find 19P11 to bring me less anosmia. Him and I agree that it starts citric, with bergamot and apple being forerunners, with pineapple creeping in after the first hour or so. There's a more pineapple-dominant mid and it settles down to a woody, tart, slightly vanillic dry-down. Good performance on my skin, around 10-14 hours typically depending on number of sprays, but your mileage may vary. Comfortably lasts 24 hours, if not more, on fabrics. I find it relatively 'raw', so not as sweet or round as the 18B01 I've tried recently but more 'edgy'. 19P11 is great for me, ticks boxes etc, and I've had an opportunity to pick 150mL worth of decant up at a ludicrous price (a friend bought from Nose, but I've supplied atomiser(s) and picked up in person so no postage cost), so that highlights how happy I am with it.

19P21 I've not seen much about, but I'm sure reviews will creep out of the woodwork soon.

P11 is really strong. apparently P21 is a more musky/dark variant, bottles only.

Default Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Astonomy View Post
    Here's my list which I have complied from various sources and referenced over the years, in no particular order. Take it with pinches of salt and tabasco.

Aventus batch numbers
    a)Legendary Batches :

C42B11Z01
    C42B11X02
    A42B11Y02
    A42B11Z01

b)Good Batches :

A42B11X02
    S42B13W01
    A42B13W01
    A42B13Z01
    A42C13Z01
    C42B13Z01
    S42B13Q01
    S42B13Q02
    A42B13U01
    C42B11X04
    A42B11Y01
    S42B12A01
    C42B10J01
    C42B10E01
    A42C14F01
    *****13T01
    *****13X01
    *****13U02
    *****13R01
    *****14A01
    *****14L01
    *****14M01
    *****14G01
    *****14K01
    *****13ZZ01 FLACON
    *****14D01
    ****15R11 Caution :good batch but it's kinda Sporty.
    ****15U11*
    ****15R01*

c)Bad Batches :
    A42B11N01
    A42B13X01
    C42B12A01
    S42B11S01
    A42B11X04
    A42B11N01
    CB42B13W01
    LT42C14A01
    A42B12C01
    ****15N01
    ****14A01
    ****14H01
    ****15Q01
    ****15U01
    ***13Q01

A01, E21=pineapple, A01 has citrus to it, E21 is fruity bomb
    C01=haven't smelled personally, but fruity and a bit darker, balanced
    16D01=vanilla and woody notes, darkish for 2016, unique
    E=haven't seen much on this...one person said balanced perfect, another hated it
    H11=tart pineapple

15X01 opens with a blast of very juicy pineapple. Almost like a fresh cut pineapple slice
    15X01 is a beautiful dark and mellow Aventus with not the greatest longevity but very nice.
    15Y11- the most unique Aventus I've smelled. Gem. Patch and oak moss big time. It's funny the pineapple comes out after the initial spray then back to patch and oak moss. Fruity sweet woody base. Unreal.
    15X21- if you want smoke, here's your smoke
    15X21 has a bright pineapple opening and a light birch-y backbone that is well balanced overall and is one of the longest lasting from the 2015s.
    15X21 - super strong longivety with ashy wibe/smoke
    15U11-tart citrus pineapple bomb, considered brightest pineapple ever??
    composed batch. Is dark right off the first spray and is very light not strong and doesn't project much

15R01 its a fruity bomb
    15N01 is VERY WEAK - "Aventus Di Gio"!!!
    15X01 - very balanced batch! (similiar to 13X01)

15P11 - ashy/smoky
    15Y11 - smoke
    15U01 it's really smokey. on performance how do I judge. Well I sprayed it on my Jacket about 9 hours ago which is now hanging on my door and everyone I walk past it I can smell smokey aventus.

15U01: I saw this batch listed in the "Bad Batch" category somewhere on BN, but I'm not sure why. I think it's an excellent batch, and nicely balanced, in a very modern way, without being overly synthetic. It also has a sophisticated and very subtle woodiness to it that isn't there in 15U11, and I think that the extra sophistication keeps if from smelling like a "pineapple bomb" which not many people want to pay $400 for. Longevity isn't great, but I'm fine with having to refresh every 3-4 hours-- in fact, I enjoy a refresher in the middle of the day. It's kind of like having a cup of coffee-- it perks up your senses and gets things moving in the lull of the afternoon. If you want a cheaper smelling pineapple bomb, go for 15U11. If you want a very nice, modern, expensive smelling version of Aventus, go for 15U01.

13R01. This batch is one of the few ever made that had a pretty noticeable rose/floral note

13T01. This batch is regarded as one of the smokiest batches ever made, this smells almost nothing like the Aventus being made today

13R01 This is the closest thing to come out of 2013 to the famous 11Z01 batch

15R01-powerful nice pineapple opening, nice musky heavy scent with some woodsy notes that carries the scent well . My overall favorite of the 15's (Took about 4 weeks to improve, started with a pine-like opening that got sweeter and nicer with time)
    15Q01-strong fruit opening, get a mix of ash and woodsy notes after a few minutes and could smell some rose in there from time to time. overall...i like it
    15U11-very strong fruit opening and stay fruity for quite awhile, after using for month or so i can smell woodsy notes in there as well. overall..for me nice but to fruity, i like darker stuff.
    15U01-very powerful opening, the fruit or pineapple is darker, and after a few minutes a nice woodsy dark vibe appears. overall, i like it and may become tops with time. This is also the first batch i received where first spray was great, like a ripe pineapple from day 1, where others got better with time, this one came out guns blazing.
    15X01-softer opening then the rest, but more balanced, something is battling with fruit and can smell darker notes coming in to play pretty quick. I also get a smoke like smell with this one, but it is not birch. overall i really like it, and hope it develops abit more strength and this one could be my tops for the 15's.
    14M01-medium pineapple opening with black current, has a darker vibe to it especially in the drydown. A few things to note, when i first started this bottle it smelled like a water downed version of aventus and i almost returned it, after about 2 weeks i really liked the smell of it, but it just didnt seem to last, then after about 4-6 weeks what a change, my most complimented of all the 14's and 15's .
    have 15Q01, and i like it, its a little unique for the 15's, it opens with a strong pineapple as most 15's do, and after a bit it darkens, which i like and reminds me alittle of batches from 2013, i wont say its birch or smoke, but whatever it is i like it.

Rose. I found 15Q01 to be very heavy in rose (and pineapple). I liked it a lot before I realized the rose was so heavy (I dislike DHP for the heavy rose).

15q01 at times for me..i get a nice dark woody scent reminding me of smoke abit...Aztec said it best as i stink with words.." In 2015 batches I don't smell any "smoke" (like a campfire smell) BUT I smell a kind of strong dark woods. This, mixed with the musk, it gives a kind of "smokey" effect." 14m01 does this the best for me, out of all the 14's and 15's 14m01 would be my favorite, but then again i am a fan of the smoke batches.

30min or so.
    My 15U11 open with a very crisp, sour/metallic pineapple. Almost like a cucumber notes. However my 15X01 open with a mellow, softer and darker
    pineapple with a kind of roasted vibe to it.
    15Q01 was a crazy fruitybowl at the start, not really pineapple prominent but more like different fruits.
    And 15U01 opens with a darker and syrupy pineapple feel, almost woods right at the start

13Z01: This is my favorite batch so far. It smells much richer than any of the 2015 batches-- much deeper, fuller notes on both sides, the pineapple and the smoke. The notes are balanced PERFECTLY so that neither one really stands over the other. It smells truly expertly crafted, and the longevity is excellent. This is the only batch out of all five that I own that I can still smell on my wrist the next day when I wake up. I still refresh it half way through the day, but only because I love the scent, not because I need to. If I could only wear one scent the rest of my life, I am a tiny bit embarrassed to say that it would probably be this one

12E01: This batch was described to me as a "beast" from a fellow Basenote'er whom I purchased it from, but it hasn't worked out that way on my skin. It smells awesome, there is no question about that. It is close to 13Z01, but balanced more towards the smoke end of the spectrum. Unfortunately it doesn't last anywhere near as long. This batch actually gets the worse longevity for me, only about 2-3 hours, but boy does it smell amazing when you want to smell that really smoky pineapple.

11Z01: I know this is commonly referred to as the Holy Grail, but my vote for the title would go to 13Z01. Like 12E01, this batch is also similar to 13Z01, but balanced more towards the pineapple side instead of the smoky side. It smells amazing for sure, but also like 12E01 longevity has been an issue-- maybe 3 hours, tops.

10E01: If I had to choose a runner up for the title of Holy Grail after 13Z01, it would be this batch. It's awesome! It has the deepest, fullest, most sophisticated smell of all the batches I've tried (which is quite a few). It's perfectly balanced like 13Z01, but in a classier, more formal way. There are additional notes of apple and a different-smelling black currant in this that really classes it up and turns it into a real experience rather than just a fragrance. 13Z01 doesn't have this "experience" thing going on, it's just a killer frag. 10E01 takes things to a different level and is definitely the most unique batch of Aventus. it's the only one that really smells different than all the other batches, not just a subtle variation of the same concept. It smells so different that I can easily see why the opinion of this batch is so polarized, but I happen to love it, and I also love the fact that it gives me an option to wear Aventus in more formal settings without being worried about my fragrance choice matching the attire of the event.

Notes:
    2016 batches are superstrong I was wearing E21.
    d01 - this is the cold weather batch. the strong woody note helps it to project well in the cool.
    Y11 is the best smell of 2015
    Aventus most smoky well balanced batch of 2013:

- most smoky than pineapple are
    *****13T01
    *****13X01
    *****13U02
    *****13R01

- well balanced between smoke and pineapple are
    *****13U01 - Millťsime on 2013!!!
    *****13NB01(!) - Millťsime on 2013!!!
    *****13W01

13Z01 & 13ZZ01 it was last bathces in 2013, and they are fruity with very very little smoke...
    *****13Z01 - blackcurrant and pineapple
    *****13ZZ01 - some citrus with heavy pineapple

2013 batches was started from N01-P01-Q01-Q02-NB01(!) series

!!! 13Q01 - the worst batch of 13x Aventus!

Aventus most fruity well balanced batch of 2014:

- pineapple are
    *****14G01 - best strong pineapple note in 2014 only
    *****14K01 - also fruity pineapple note is dominated

- blackcurrant are
    *****14L01 is very smoky / heavy on the blackcurrant and last twice silage/longevity
    *****14M01

L01 & M01 - it's last batches in 2014
    14D01-very dark batch, if you like it dirty then this one is for you
    Batches A01, C01, D01, F01, H01 of 2014 is VERY SOFT - "Aventus Sport"!

NOTE!
    Well balanced batch between pineapple and smoke 2013 more, than 2014 batches!

2015 batches was started from N series - N01-P01-P02-Q01

so... what about 15T01, 15T02, 15T03?

2012 batches was a ones of the best series of Aventus, their numbers are:
    A01, C01, C02, D01, E01, E02, F01, J01, K01, D01B(!)

2011 batches was a ones of the best series of Aventus, their numbers are:
    N01, S01, 11U02, X01, X02, 11X04, Y01, Y02, Z01, Z02

11Z01 & 11X02 & 11Y02 - legendary batches of Aventus

11Z01 more Pineapple with Smoke about 70/30
    11Y02 more Smoky with Pineapple

2010 it was a first Aventus series, and NOT all batches was well balanced

10E01 - fruity batch, more blackcurrant
    10E02 - also fruity batch, but it's WEAK & have 0 birch smoke

10G01C(!), 10J01, 10J02, 10L01, 10K01, 10K02, 10K03 - well balanced batches

10K04 - batch was extra smokey but it's weak

10J01 - it was the strongest base of Aventus, must be the best batch of 2010
    A4210G01C Opens smokier than what my sample did, but the same pineapple burst is present after about 5-10 minutes.

C4210E02. This is the one my flacon has and was likely the first batch as I pre ordered it from the creedboutique. However, I don't find it weak at all. This lasts all day on me and smells great.

C4210EO1. Excellent longevity and sillage, smells like the samples Creed has sent me themselves on 4 separate occasions. Often I get 12+ hours on my skin, if it's on clothing it's easily still there the next day so I agree with the 28+ hour post above.
    A42B11N01
    The opening is fruity: a lot pineapple and a little bit of apple (I wish I got more of apple...).
    One half hour after: smokey, quite smokey!
    S42B11S01 - Almost 2 hrs in and it's very strong, fresh, masculine. I did 3 sprays total, one to each wrist and one to the chest. Pineapple, leather, smoke, all representing well with no particular note infringing on the others
    16E21 is better than 15U11- they both open pretty similar with the bright pineapple blast, however the 16E21 evolves into something richer with more depth whereas the 15U11 stays pretty linear
    12E01- Balanced batch, you can get a bit of the apple note in the beginning with a heavy smoke (birch) note. I would say that the scent is pretty linear. I think that most of the 2013 batches are too smokey, but this one is pretty nice. It smells like Aventus (so to speak). I would rate this batch 8/10 overall. Compliment factor: 7/10. I've received plenty compliments from this bottle, mainly from other men.

14D01- Fruity batch, not too different from L01. Starts off with a blast of pineapple that dries down to a nice smoke. Pineapple is consistent. Longevity is decent 8-10hrs depending on weather conditions, leaves a nice scent trail, and projection I would say is pretty average. Rating: 8.5/10. Compliment factor: 9/10. The fruity batches of Aventus tend to garner the most compliments from men and women.

14D01 -I can smell it after 6-8 hours after application without any problems. When I apply 14D01 on my ears, than I am able smell extremely pleasing whiffs with crisp black currant vibe for ca 3hours whenever I turn my head. This is kind of 3D feeling to me, very special and do not get this feeling when I use fragrance on my skin or T-shirt.

14L01- Probably the second fruitiest batch from 2014. This one is a BEAST. Much like D01, you get a blast of pineapple but this batch differs because there is only a little noticeable smoke. Longevity and projection is BEAST. I get around 14-20 hrs. with this batch. Rating: 9.5/10. Compliment factor: 10/10. This batch PROJECTS... I'm talking about 20-30 feet on my skin. I've received numerous compliments from this batch. Women go absolutely nuts over this bottle, mainly because its a fresh/citrus/fruity version of Aventus.
    The 14L01 and 14M01 batches have a very nice birch quality to them in the dry down that is in no other 2014 batch I've smelled.
    14M01 and 14L01 (they're identical) are darker, with a heavy black currant open. They have a darker mid / drydown, seemingly because the birch note is just...darker. It's night and day from something like 14A01, which is as bright as I've seen.

14M01 - I've split a ton of it , and I've personally worn it quite a bit. It lasts 24 hours and persists through showers the following day - on me.
    14M01 is definitely a quality batch, but it won't be everyone's style. Personally, I'm not a fan of the heavy blackcurrant, and much prefer a strong and well-defined pineapple note. Still, performance is excellent, and it is one of the best at approximating (unsuccessfully, but it's still nice) the smell of birch smoke that was present in 2013 batches.

14K01- Fruitiest batch of 2014. I would say that this batch beats L01 on every level. I think that overall this is the best batch I've come across. Unlike L01/R11, this one is balanced with smoke/musk once it calms down (3-4 hrs. in) . You get the smoke, fruit, and everything else Aventus...and its STRONG. Think X02/11L01 level. This is probably the best representation that I've come across of how the scent should be. EXCELLENT longevity, sillage, and projection.. Never need more than two sprays. Rating: 10/10, Compliment factor: 10/10. I wore this last weekend and received over six compliments.

15R11- This is just pineapple through and through... I don't think I've ever smelled an Aventus batch as fruity as this. It starts off with a HUGE blast of pineapple, then it dries down to a roasted pineapple a few hours later. I like this batch, but I think its more suited for the warm summer nights. It doesn't have any smoke whatsoever...If you're not a fan of the smokey batches of Aventus..This bottle is for you. Rating: 9.5/10, Compliment factor: 10/10. As I said; the smokey batches= compliments from men, fruity batches= compliments from men AND women. This bottle is no different. Longevity, sillage, and projection are comparable to previous 2014 batches.

Aventus 11Y02 [NEW OFFERING] - Want to know what all of the talk about smoke in Aventus is? Here is a chance to try a legendary vintage batch from 2011. Heavy dose of pineapple and smoke. Most pineapple heavy vintage batch that I offer.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aventus 12D01 [NEW OFFERING] - Want to know what all of the talk about smoke in Aventus is? Here is a chance to try my favorite vintage batch from 2012. Smells like roasted apples over a barbecue. Check out a reviewer give his thoughts on Youtube under the channel name "theharvardboy." He covers this batch in what he calls a "Batch Talk." Search "theharvardboy" 12D01 on Google and click the first option.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aventus 12J01 [NEW OFFERING] - Want to know what all of the talk about smoke in Aventus is? Here is a chance to try a solid vintage batch from 2012. Said by many to be a smoke bomb with traces of pineapple and some fruits. Very different from the modern batches of Aventus where the pineapple shines as the star. Find out for yourself if you prefer vintage over modern.
    Aventus 14K01 - Fruity batch with slightly stronger hints of smoke than 14L01. Among the top batches of 2014. Projection and longevity are great. The pineapple in this batch takes a slight backstage behind the black currant and other fruits. For those who want a well-balanced fruity and pineapple batch, this is it.
    Aventus 14L01 - Fruity batch, little smoke. Among the top batches of 2014. Projection and longevity are amazing. The fruitiness in this one has depth underneath it. Great mix of pineapples and fruits with a noticeable undertone of birch. For those who want a bright, well-balanced fruity and pineapple batch, this is it.
    Aventus 15R12 - Very balanced batch of Aventus. Opens with a sweet fruity pineapple and develops into a darker leathery/musky base. Does not go too dark though. For those that appreciate a batch of Aventus that has a bit both the fruitiness and the woodiness.
    Aventus 15U11 - Brighter batch of 2015, and said to be one of the best pineapple openings Aventus has to offer. A great summer pineapple batch of Aventus with that roasted pineapple feel. Great projection, and the pineapple has a unique tinge to it.
    Aventus 15Y11- Darker batch of 2015, and said to be one of the best of the 2015. Amped up patchouli in the base give this batch a vintage feel to it. Excellent performance, both in projection and longevity. For darker batch lovers.
    Aventus 16A01 - Pineapple bomb, with little to no woods or smoke. Little bit of vanilla is noticeable throughout the dry down. For those who want a pineapple heavy batch, this is it.
    Aventus 16C01 - Very balanced batch. A nice pineapple opening with enough woods to make this an excellent performer and last an entire work day. Best for those that appreciated well-rounded Aventus batches.
    Aventus 16D01- Very woody batch. Little brother of 15Y11. Sweet pineapple is still present, but is not as fruity and does not play the dominant role as in other batches I have tried. Heavier, woodier base than 16C01. Darkest batch I have available for 2016. Regarded as some as the best batch of the year, and is reminiscent of vintage batches. Best for those that appreciate darker and denser batches of Aventus.
    Aventus 16K11 - Fruitiest of the batches. Pineapple is not the star, and the scent opens with a balance of pineapple, apple, and black currant. Little woods in the background. Best for those that like Aventus batches with fruitier openings instead of that bright citric opening.
    Aventus 17N01 - Very woody batch. Sweet pineapple is still present, but does not play the dominant role as in other batches I have tried. Similar to K11 in its sweetness, but with much more depth and backing. Heavy woods in the background. Best for those that appreciate darker and denser batches of Aventus.
    Aventus 17Q11 - Could be the best pineapple batch of 2017 - to be determined. Pineapple shines bright off the opening, even having a slightly piercing quality to it. Similar to 16A01, but without the vanilla that gives 16A01 a creamy undertone beneath the pineapple note. Little woods in the background. Best for those that like Aventus batches with bright citric openings and a light base.e anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

From my recollection of the 2016, 16L01 should be that of your description.

Now this is a great summary. Are these great afficianados still around? Can someone do a similar comprehensive summary right up to 2019?

i've got a text file saved with about 30 short batch reviews i could dump (all my own). was contributing them elsewhere but well, the less said about those sort of people the better. need to tweak some and add a few but it covers a wide range from 2011-2019.

just to add those quoted reviews weren't written by the poster in question just a copy-paste job, useful as it may be.

Removed, wrong thread as suggested
    Last edited by Rastaipast; 24th May 2019 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastaipast View Post
    Need a legit check here

michaejone-132 he's an ebay uk seller of many fragrances.

I've seen some interesting batches of aventus from this guy.

16A01, 16C01, 17U01.

16A01 is what I am quite interested in, as the review is superb.

But I'm afraid I'll be scammed. Like cemocan15, another seller who have been exposed in this thread before that he put the fake juice in the legit bottle

Anybody have ever bought from this guy?
    another cecoman.

btw as stated by a mod on the last page this is not the thread for legit checks.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    I've just moved another "Is my Aventus fake" post to the Perfume Appraisals forum. If you want to ask if your fragrance is fake, please post your question in the Perfume Appraisals forum.

Anyone has review about aventus a4218k01z. I bought today and it looks similair too old one i used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
    Anyone has review about aventus a4218k01z. I bought today and it looks similair too old one i used.
    18K01 has batch variations within the batch itself.

The clear juice 18K01 is a sweeter "berry" smelling version. The particle version is mostly a musky woody Pineapple.

If you can get the clear version it is much better. Both are fairly dark.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Hey!! Can someone who has 19p01 tell me if the pineapple is present in the dry down like 17w11? Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDB View Post
    Hey!! Can someone who has 19p01 tell me if the pineapple is present in the dry down like 17w11? Thx!
    It is, but it lacks the depth and richness that 17W11 has imo. It's almost all just sweet pineapple. 17W11 was, right off the bat, really rich and woody as well as being heavy on the creamy pineapple.

Quote Originally Posted by AromaTroma View Post
    18K01 has batch variations within the batch itself.

The clear juice 18K01 is a sweeter "berry" smelling version. The particle version is mostly a musky woody Pineapple.

If you can get the clear version it is much better. Both are fairly dark.
    Overall its good one right ?

19P11 is a nice one, literally fruity pebbles Aventus

The other day to work in the office a co worker mentioned someone was wearing to much cologne. I had only sprayed 2 sprays of LT42B13U02 Aventus. Do you guys think itís to many sprays or are some people just sensitive to the smell.
    Also does anyone else own LT42B13U02 and if you do how long does it last on your guys skin. I still get whiffs of it at 10 hour mark.
    Edit: should I buy a decant if 19p11 and do one spray of each to tone it down and not waste my 13u02?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyfan View Post
    The other day to work in the office a co worker mentioned someone was wearing to much cologne. I had only sprayed 2 sprays of LT42B13U02 Aventus. Do you guys think itís to many sprays or are some people just sensitive to the smell.
    Also does anyone else own LT42B13U02 and if you do how long does it last on your guys skin. I still get whiffs of it at 10 hour mark.
    Edit: should I buy a decant if 19p11 and do one spray of each to tone it down and not waste my 13u02?
    I don't have any 13U02, but I do have 13W01. If 13U is anything like 13W, I don't think two sprays is too much. Yes, it's smokey, but I don't think it's overpowering. The older batches do have a tendency to last quite a while. And to your last point, I think that's a great idea. Layering a newer "modern" batch that's more pineapple heavy will layer well with a vintage, smokey batch that has less pineapple.

Dependent

Surely there are more reviews of 19P21 floating around by now?
    Ive seen a couple so far but they allude to “not much Pineapple” only.
    Anyone able to chime in?

Ps. I’m enjoying 19P11, as above, a lovely fruity number with good longevity.

Hello all!

I have 2 bottles, one is Batch A4217Y02 and the other A4218B01

these smell very similar to me with the 18B01 being ever so slightly more

any info on these?
    Currently wearing: Aoud Exclusif by Mancera

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
    Hello all!

I have 2 bottles, one is Batch A4217Y02 and the other A4218B01

these smell very similar to me with the 18B01 being ever so slightly more

any info on these?
    Hello Trever1t,

Please have a look at my thread regarding my Aventus A4218B01 and help me if possible:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/465...A4218B01-Check

Also, please share some pics so we can compare juice color. I read in previous pages/other threads that there is batch variation in 18B01 itself. Some of them are sweeter with clear juice and others are darker having tint. Mine has yellow tint as you can see with little particles floating that can be seen only when I make the bottle upside down.

Did your bottle come filled to the shoulders or to the neck? How is the smell, the opening and the drydown compared to what I mentioned in the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by carrera View Post
    Hello Trever1t,

Please have a look at my thread regarding my Aventus A4218B01 and help me if possible:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/465...A4218B01-Check

Also, please share some pics so we can compare juice color. I read in previous pages/other threads that there is batch variation in 18B01 itself. Some of them are sweeter with clear juice and others are darker having tint. Mine has yellow tint as you can see with little particles floating that can be seen only when I make the bottle upside down.

Did your bottle come filled to the shoulders or to the neck? How is the smell, the opening and the drydown compared to what I mentioned in the thread?
    Replied in your thread
    Currently wearing: Aoud Exclusif by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyfan View Post
    13U02 is a masterpiece with smoke. Thatís my favorite batch better than my 11Z

Aventus Junkie by heart!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Current Wardrobe: 19p01, 18k11, 16k11,13w01, 15p01, 15y01, 14m01

Just bought these last night.

Page 465 of 490 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 475 ... LastLast