Code of Conduct
Page 467 of 471 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 14,010 of 14123

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
    FWIW to you guys...

i got Aventus when it first came out in 2010. literally the first "batch".

i just bought a new bottle. batch code 19P01.

they smell exactly the same.
    Well that's some USDA grade load of bullsh*t . I give you a D for effort. The pineapple was virtually non-existent in 2010 as those first batches were dominated by birch and smoke. 19P01 is virtually all pineapple and fruit. The differences are almost night and day.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Aventus batch numbers, part 2

FWIW to you guys...

Lol! That's funny! That's like me telling everyone that my 11X02 smells exactly like my 16K11. You funny fella, you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Well that's some USDA grade load of bullsh*t . I give you a D for effort. The pineapple was virtually non-existent in 2010 as those first batches were dominated by birch and smoke. 19P01 is virtually all pineapple and fruit. The differences are almost night and day.
    Nope, my favourite batch of Aventus was a decant from 2010, tons of pineapple with hardly any of the ashtray vibe.
    When I then got my 11X02, I was disgusted by it. I could not stand it, my girlfriend hated it as well and I ended up giving it away, because it smelled like I had dumped and ashtray on my body.

I much prefer my bottles of 17R01 and 17W11 over 11X02, but they still don't stand up to that elusive and amazing first decant of 2010 Aventus.
    “To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.”
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

Interesting that the previous post is about 2010-11 Aventus, because I came here to share a quick anecdote. Last night, I came across a very small sample vial of Aventus which I must have gotten in 2010-11. I discovered Creed in 2004, but didn't get into Aventus until 2017 (batch 16k11). A combination of its initial popularity (ie. not wanting to smell like everyone else) and its scent prevented me from buying it early on. I remember trying it in various stores on a number of occasions and it was so apple heavy. It literally smelled like a fresh-bitten granny apple to me. Then it dried down into a musky sort of number which, frankly, gave me a headache. So needless to say, I never sought it out.

Last night, while rummaging through old things I found this 2010-11 sample and before I even applied it I knew when it was from because as soon as the stopper came out of the vial I smelled that fresh apple scent. Still not hugely appealing to me, I put some on my wrist nonetheless. For the next hour I walked around in awe of two things: (1) how complex the scent was, and (2) how different it was from today's Aventus.

Now, granted, I haven't smelled a whole lot of Aventus since 16k11 (I bought 7 bottles so I'd have that batch for a long time), but 2016 is my year. That's the year that sold me on Aventus. I would NEVER have started wearing it if the formula remained the same as 2010-11. That's not to say it wasn't amazing (it was) -- it just wasn't for me.

I believe 2016 Aventus to be equally, if not more, complex, than 2010-11. However, it's entirely different. The old Aventus was so dark, it was extremely mossy and dank; almost wet smelling after the dry down. The smoke that everyone talks about is definitely there, but more than anything it's a dark green scent. Wet moss in the woods on a cloudy day. Not bright at all. In my mind's eye it's the Swamp Thing! Remember that old movie monster? I mean that in the best possible way, but in terms of color and moisture and badassness. lol. I would old aventus is not very optimistic, character-driven frag either. It's a very serious scent with little to no playfulness. Now, it brims with lightness and darkness; personality and more varied depths. I guess that's why it's so wearable year-round and appropriate for any situation.

I've actually smelled 2013 Aventus many times, and I can say that by 2013 it smelled more like 2016 than it did 2010. I guess the change came in 2012-13. But whatever that change was I am dead serious when I say 2010-11 and 2016 could be marketed as different fragrances and nobody would bat an eye. They are THAT different. 2016, for me, is the most beautiful scent ever created by man. The four distinct phases, by my count, are all equally riveting. The formula adjustment was such that Aventus became a good year-round accord, whereas those early ones I wouldn't even want to wear them on a sunny day! Old Aventus has more in common with Royal Oud than it does modern Aventus. Seriously.

My final thoughts are these: If the formula had not changed I never would've gotten into Aventus, because I was well turned off back in the day. I think Old Aventus is a masterpiece in its own right, an artistic triumph in perfumery! -- but I don't think it's as crowd pleasing or as me-pleasing than the 2016 juice. lol.

For those of you who have heard all the legends, but never smelled original Aventus, I'll say this: you ARE missing out... but you're not missing out in the way you think you are; in terms of Aventus. You're missing out on an entirely different fragrance that runs parallel to the Aventus you probably love. I'd wager that many of you wouldn't trade your current bottles for the old stuff, but you'd pick up a bottle of the old as a separate concern (which is increasingly difficult to do now anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW to you guys...

couldn't disagree more
    Last edited by hundo lots; 7th June 2019 at 09:05 PM.

nice post! i've smelled every year and have to agree with 16 being something special. specifically late 15-mid 16 seems to be a golden period where batches have enough of that dank (especially when matured) relative to fruityness. not as filthy as vintage but some of the vintage is borderline unwearable and only works in certain contexts.

i truly believe 15x01 is the best batch ever created with a few of the 16 bangers coming up the rear specifically 16c01 which leans more apple and danky wood. vintage i'd consider in the same league of these when it comes to balance is a short list - 11X/Z, 13ZZ01. funny the comments on 11X02 being nasty because that juice can not be in good condition. the 11 batches are beautiful and smooth if you're lucky enough to get well preserved juice, pineapple and birch in perfect unison.

Banned

Yeah, I'd agree.

Spoken on it before about how they "Chanelized" the fragrance and smoothed off all the rough edges to make it much more palatable for the masses as the original take was the definition of niche but the modern one has the best pineapple note, bar none. I do miss a lot of the complexity and depth but it isn't something I'd pay crazy money for when there are modern batches like 15Y11 that hit the spot plus I'm a trigger happy kinda chap even though my enjoyment of 12E01 and its cheerful pineapple smoking a freshly lit cigarette is known... Speaking of which the "tone" of the scent went from mainly mysterious/brooding batches to mostly carefree/happy vibes over the years - anyone else get that association?

If it weren't for the fact that both versions of the scent used the same raw ingredients - in different proportions - and were both called Aventus they might as well be totally different scents as the character got flip turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute so just sit right there...

Also an interesting thing to note is how memory traces, the limbic system and emotional imprinting all work together so whatever your first Aventus was it becomes "The One" most of the time that others are measured against due to one very important fact - novelty. That was the first time all those neurons fired together and as such the hit is that much higher. Still, stuff like this is what keeps the fragrance interesting as there has never been another scent which allowed you to peek behind the scenes as it were thanks to missing notes, differing ratios of base/mids/top, tweaked aroma chemicals, new additions etc.. as the you literally never know what the next batch will bring to the table.

Here's hoping that Creed see sense after that brick of a Cologne flanker and unleash the dank because if you're cash grabbing you might as well do it right!

Dependent

Well, I got my bottle of 11X02 back when it was released, so not an issue of getting well preserved juice, just a batch that did not agree with me or my girlfriend.
    “To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.”
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

Quote Originally Posted by Norstrøm View Post
    Well, I got my bottle of 11X02 back when it was released, so not an issue of getting well preserved juice, just a batch that did not agree with me or my girlfriend.
    this one has as much pineapple as any 'smokey' vintage to me, maybe only tied with 11Z01. perfectly balanced.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    this one has as much pineapple as any 'smokey' vintage to me, maybe only tied with 11Z01. perfectly balanced.
    That might be, but it had a boatload of ash and smoke as well and that was a dealbreaker.
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

Quote Originally Posted by Norstrøm View Post
    Nope, my favourite batch of Aventus was a decant from 2010, tons of pineapple with hardly any of the ashtray vibe.
    When I then got my 11X02, I was disgusted by it. I could not stand it, my girlfriend hated it as well and I ended up giving it away, because it smelled like I had dumped and ashtray on my body.

I much prefer my bottles of 17R01 and 17W11 over 11X02, but they still don't stand up to that elusive and amazing first decant of 2010 Aventus.
    Interesting...very few of the '10's had a dominant pineapple from what I've been able to surmise. I believe 10E01 was pineapple-dominant though. Still, to compare it to a 2019 batch seems farfetched. Never mind, the IFRA regulations, the scent has drastically changed. I agree with you though that it's change for the better. 2016/2017 are simply fantastic years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hundo lots View Post
    For those of you who have heard all the legends, but never smelled original Aventus, I'll say this: you ARE missing out... but you're not missing out in the way you think you are; in terms of Aventus. You're missing out on an entirely different fragrance that runs parallel to the Aventus you probably love. I'd wager that many of you wouldn't trade your current bottles for the old stuff, but you'd pick up a bottle of the old as a separate concern (which is increasingly difficult to do now anyway).
    Well said...

don't see why not it's over $10/ml though.

couldn't disagree more
    well you are entitled to your opinion, as i am entitled to mine. but at this moment i am sitting here with C42B10J01 on my left wrist and 19P01 on my right and they are 98% similar. the 2%? goes to Aventus 2019 as being better.

i realize this opinion completely negates the raison d'être of this entire 467-page thread (pt.2), but... so be it.

well you are entitled to your opinion, as i am entitled to mine. but at this moment i am sitting here with C42B10J01 on my left wrist and 19P01 on my right and they are 98% similar. the 2%? goes to Aventus 2019 as being better.

i realize this opinion completely negates the raison d'être of this entire 467-page thread (pt.2), but... so be it.
    Both batch threads on Aventus FB groups alongside the very first Aventus Batch Thread here characterize 10J01 as having very little fruit. Instead it's dominated by woods and musk even compared to Himalaya. 19P01, on the other hand, is virtually all fruit. That's why we're finding your claims to be quite suspect.

Both batch threads on Aventus FB groups alongside the very first Aventus Batch Thread here characterize 10J01 as having very little fruit. Instead it's dominated by woods and musk even compared to Himalaya. 19P01, on the other hand, is virtually all fruit. That's why we're finding your claims to be quite suspect.
    and i read a good book a long time ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Extraordinary.../dp/1684220742

10J01 wasn't the first batch either.

10J01 wasn't the first batch either.
    it wasn’t one of the first bottles but it was one of the first flacons.

i had one of the first bottles as well. still smells all the same.

and i read a good book a long time ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Extraordinary.../dp/1684220742
    Spicy! I read one too, sailor : https://press.princeton.edu/titles/7929.html

Thanks for your post confirming what I have been saying all along that this 19P01 is something special. I sprayed some on this afternoon around 10 hours back and I can still smell it on myself without having to bring my nose close to my skin which I usually do on some other batches especially after a few hours of wear. 18G02 and K01 are the other 2 batches that project well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypetrain View Post
    Hi. New member here from Sweden.

I recently got the 18G01. It is my first Aventus and I really like it, superb fragrance. My nose got blind and got used to it very fast, but ...

I applied 4 sprays at 10 am and 8 pm my grandparents could clearly smell it and they both gave me compliments. My 89 year old grandfather even grabbed me and leaned in for a closer smell lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been reading a lot about batches lately and I have read all replies about the 16E01. However, there has not been many posts about this batch the last 2 years.

Can someone please tell me how it has matured/evolved through the years?
    You're lucky then. Because today i got my batch 18G01 as a gift and the projection sucks big time. Not more than 2 hours and lasting only 6 max. Did anyone else had similar issues with 18G01 batch?
    I am starting to think its a knockoff but she bought it from Creed Boutique.

rocked with the 13U01 today. absolute fire batch, really fruity with a slight twist of smoke. but the smoke stays airy and not overly dense. one of the brighter, more balanced vintages

rocked with the 13U01 today. absolute fire batch, really fruity with a slight twist of smoke. but the smoke stays airy and not overly dense. one of the brighter, more balanced vintages
    YES, I have a 30mL of that batch. It's like a better version of 13Z01, which is saying a lot.

Hi all, newbie to the forum but not to perfumes.... have had many over the years..!

Recently I bought the CREED Aventus with batch 19P21. Any inputs on the same? How is it? It is yet to arrive so I am growing curious...

Quote Originally Posted by humwak-O View Post
    Thanks for your post confirming what I have been saying all along that this 19P01 is something special.
    between my new bottle of 19P01 and Aventus Cologne, it’s really reignited my love for the Aventus experience after a few years of burnout. wearing it almost daily for the past couple weeks.

So I recently picked up some 16M01 again. I love the smell of this batch, particularly the oakmossy vibe. However, it seems to ghost on me. Sometimes it will disappear altogether then suddenly show up a few hours later again in the dry down. Anyone else experience this with 16M01? I know it's considered one of the strongest, but I'm getting more a weird performance from it.

Ordered a 120 ml 16E01 today. Expected delivery in 7 days. Super excited. Will return with a review : )

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Hi guys, can anyone shed a light on batch 18B01 with slight yellowish tint and particles? sweetness, pineapple, darkness, projection, etc. ?

So I recently picked up some 16M01 again. I love the smell of this batch, particularly the oakmossy vibe. However, it seems to ghost on me. Sometimes it will disappear altogether then suddenly show up a few hours later again in the dry down. Anyone else experience this with 16M01? I know it's considered one of the strongest, but I'm getting more a weird performance from it.
    I do not have this particular batch yet I have a hypothesis. This might be related to physiology and activity of sweat glands. I have experimented with fragrance in the way that I sprinkle some water on the sprayed spot hours after application and that awaken the smell that I thought was long gone. So this might be the case especially in the summertime when we tend to sweat more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Today I received a 100ml bottle of the batch 18G01.

My first bottle of Creed Aventus!

Batch 18G01

Quote Originally Posted by jfim88 View Post
    Hi guys,

Today I received a 100ml bottle of the batch 18G01.

My first bottle of Creed Aventus!

Batch 18G01

enjoy

Page 467 of 471 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 465 466 467 468 469 ... LastLast