Results 14,011 to 14,040 of 14330

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by TopoGigio View Post
    enjoy
    Thanks you!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nossman View Post
    I do not have this particular batch yet I have a hypothesis. This might be related to physiology and activity of sweat glands. I have experimented with fragrance in the way that I sprinkle some water on the sprayed spot hours after application and that awaken the smell that I thought was long gone. So this might be the case especially in the summertime when we tend to sweat more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I could see that as a possibility for sure. I'm also wondering if maybe 16M causes a lot more olfactory fatigue than other batches, at least for me...

I have various 2010-2018 batches and I can barely smell any after .5-1hr after application )) but people still smell it on me hours later. Maybe my nose is not that good or maybe it's because I smoke, IDK

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Yeah I could see that as a possibility for sure. I'm also wondering if maybe 16M causes a lot more olfactory fatigue than other batches, at least for me...
    This is most likely the case. Same with me.

Quote Originally Posted by nossman View Post
    I have various 2010-2018 batches and I can barely smell any after .5-1hr after application )) but people still smell it on me hours later. Maybe my nose is not that good or maybe it's because I smoke, IDK
    I smoke as well, and the same thing happens to me. But I really do think it's an Aventus thing. There are only a few batches I've tried that I can smell for several hours without olfactory fatigue. Those batches are 11X02, 18B11, 18D02 and 19P01. I even go nose blind to my 14K01 and that really sucks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    17n01: Here goes and remember YMMV

This is the least pineapple dominant batch in a while. This reminds me of some of the darker/heavier 2015s. It lacks any smokey vibe but still carries a depth or thickness that some recent batches lack. The overall composition is a thicker, darker, woody scent that recaptures some of the darkness from some of the 2015 batches. Due to the reduced pineapple accord, it is not as fresh or crisp as 16a01,16e21, or 16k11. The pineapple accord is a bit sweeter but it seems to take a back seat to the apple and black currant accords. It is a woody fruity scent to me which goes down a bit of a Cedrat Boise path. However, this is not to say it smells close to Cedrat Boise. CB is fruity woody and 17N01 is more woody fruity. The faint pineapple accord is not as tart or fresh like some of the earlier 2016 batches like 16A01 and 16E21. Its a bit more sweet like 16K11, but much less prominent. But it lacks the fruity staying power of 16K11. Perhaps, the pineapple accord was turned down and the apple and black currant were turned up. 17n01 is not a fruitbomb as the woody notes and base notes are the star of this concert. There is a little bit of vanilla in there as well, but nothing over the top. It did not strike me as having a tart, citric, or acidic pineapple accord as some of the 2015s. Sweeter, but far less pronounced. It is not very similar to many of the 2016s that had that lighter, crisper feel to it. It definitely does not get too sweet or too syrupy. It has a woody base that is more dominant than in some of the 2016 batches. The base has a different feel than you get from ISO E Super or Timbersilk that gave off that woody slightly roasty quality to some of the 2016s. It is a bit deeper, thiicker, with added weight. So not very fruity and more woody than 16D01. Again, there is no smoke, no campfire, no birch tar, and no piney scent to this batch. But it introduces a heavier woody/base than any of of the 2015s/2016s than I can recall. I found it to be pretty linear along the way and ending up with a woody and musky late drydown. So for woodiness it would sit ahead of any of the 2015s/2016s. Similar to 16m01 in that regard. Performance was quite good at 12+ hours with solid projection and sillage. I would say the projection and sillage were a bit stronger than the fruity pineapple dominant batches. If I were to be more specific on where the scent places amongst the 2015/16s, I would say it is very close to 16m01 with less of the danky quality of that batch. The Booty Factor is to be determined as the ladies are still reviewing this one. Thats all i have for now.

Edit: I used 4 sprays.
    Love this description of 17N01. This is the next one on my radar !

Currently wearing: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Hi all

I’m new to the fragrance game and just bought my first bottle of aventus (batch 19p01). It was love at first smell with a tester from Bloomingdales a few months back, but this new bottle just doesn’t seem to cut it. Where as my Bloomingdales sample smells to me like it was blended to perfection (not sure of batch #), and maybe just a tad fruity, what I got today is smokey, and not much else. What do you guys know about batch 19p01? I’m considering returning it to find something less smokey... should I give it more time? Or any idea where I can find something more evenly blended and kinda fruity, like my sample?

Thanks for your input!

I saw this on a FB group and thought it was a joke, but according to the Creed website Aventus now has a pink berry accord? https://www.creedboutique.com/US/fra.../aventus/100ML

What exactly is that? It seems quite different than pink pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse924 View Post
    Hi all

I’m new to the fragrance game and just bought my first bottle of aventus (batch 19p01). It was love at first smell with a tester from Bloomingdales a few months back, but this new bottle just doesn’t seem to cut it. Where as my Bloomingdales sample smells to me like it was blended to perfection (not sure of batch #), and maybe just a tad fruity, what I got today is smokey, and not much else. What do you guys know about batch 19p01? I’m considering returning it to find something less smokey... should I give it more time? Or any idea where I can find something more evenly blended and kinda fruity, like my sample?

Thanks for your input!
    If you got a carded sample there is a chance you that you might get batch number from the card (either sticker inside or printed in the outer side).

So Ive been collecting Aventus for quite some time now. And have tried or owned the majority of batches out there. I will say this, after an experiment of leaving 17T01 in my glove box for about a week in the 80 degree plus weather, magic happened and Im not going to question it. I shit you not, 4 days wearing it, and 4 compliments, 4 different women saying someone smells damn good when I go to a store and check out...its insane!! 3 sprays to the neck and one to the wrists, and walla! One described it as light, fresh, airy, and masculine...17T01 is a lady slayer...ill be hoarding my others for sure

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by natrance View Post
    So Ive been collecting Aventus for quite some time now. And have tried or owned the majority of batches out there. I will say this, after an experiment of leaving 17T01 in my glove box for about a week in the 80 degree plus weather, magic happened and Im not going to question it. I shit you not, 4 days wearing it, and 4 compliments, 4 different women saying someone smells damn good when I go to a store and check out...its insane!! 3 sprays to the neck and one to the wrists, and walla! One described it as light, fresh, airy, and masculine...17T01 is a lady slayer...ill be hoarding my others for sure
    I hear about keeping perfume in fridge for some days but I tried it only once with other fragrance and wasn't sure about the improvement. I'm facing longevity issues with my new Aventus 18B01 bottle (matured 1 month already), should I try to leave it in fridge? and for how many days?

Did you try 18B01 and how do you compare it to 17T01? I liked it but not as much as 18B01 opening, but maybe because I wore it 2 times only.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    I saw this on a FB group and thought it was a joke, but according to the Creed website Aventus now has a pink berry accord? https://www.creedboutique.com/US/fra.../aventus/100ML

What exactly is that? It seems quite different than pink pepper.
    Pink berry is the same as pink peppercorns, it is just a literal translation of the French baie rose.

It is the source of a lot of fun actually, as the literal translation causes people that review fragrances with pink peppercorn in the, but with pink berry written in the notes, to state the fragrance has fruity/sweet/berry notes instead of the pink pepper.

It just goes to show how many reviewers don't actually smell the fragrance and learn how to detect the actual notes, but instead they just read the notes they found on some website. When people mention notes on Fragrantica, I bet at least half of them just parrot what notes are described on Fragrantica without having the faintest clue about what they smell. But then again, there are so many BS reviews there....
    “To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.”
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Norstrøm View Post
    Pink berry is the same as pink peppercorns, it is just a literal translation of the French baie rose.

It is the source of a lot of fun actually, as the literal translation causes people that review fragrances with pink peppercorn in the, but with pink berry written in the notes, to state the fragrance has fruity/sweet/berry notes instead of the pink pepper.

It just goes to show how many reviewers don't actually smell the fragrance and learn how to detect the actual notes, but instead they just read the notes they found on some website. When people mention notes on Fragrantica, I bet at least half of them just parrot what notes are described on Fragrantica without having the faintest clue about what they smell. But then again, there are so many BS reviews there....
    Ah good to know. Thank you. I believe they took out the rose and added the pink pepper which has a rosey accord to it. I was taken aback by just how sweet 19P01 is and was wondering if the change from rose to pink pepper contributed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by natrance View Post

17T01 is a monster. It lasts all day. I love it. That dry down after the top notes leave about 3 hours in is as dark and Smokey as any Aventus batch. If not Smokey then birchy.

Currently wearing: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

Fridgeration helps longevity of the fragrance. Think of it this way, you refridgerate food and other perishable items in the refrigerator to prolong its shelf life, and even longer in the freezer...it slows the breakdown of molecules, thus keeping it fresh longer...same thing applies to perfumes...altho i personally never freeze my scents, keeping them in a wine cooler is best practice for constant temperature. My experiment with 17T01 sped up the masceration process, and created a monster! 18B01 cant hold a candle to 17T01, just my opinion tho.

I had a small decant of some batch that was not considered anything special. I left it in a garage for about a year with temps ranging from 90F to probably 42F. I stumbled on it and could not believe it. The pineapple was nearly gone and left a much darker scent. It had amazing projection and longevity. Far more than the semi-dull batch it started as. I’m half tempted to go take one of these newer decants and throw it in the glove compartment for a couple weeks then throw it in the fridge for a week and see what happens.

Hi, i just also ordered a bottle of 18G01, is it a cool batch bro? A newbie in the game of Aventus here!
    What do you think about this batch, or can anyone help me, any strong points of this batch?

Quote Originally Posted by 01GTB View Post
    I had a small decant of some batch that was not considered anything special. I left it in a garage for about a year with temps ranging from 90F to probably 42F. I stumbled on it and could not believe it. The pineapple was nearly gone and left a much darker scent. It had amazing projection and longevity. Far more than the semi-dull batch it started as. I’m half tempted to go take one of these newer decants and throw it in the glove compartment for a couple weeks then throw it in the fridge for a week and see what happens.
    I see some amount of posts about temperature positive influence on the quality of Aventus. That makes me think of throwing a bottle into my shed till end of August)) It gets how in there like in a Russian Sauna))

Quote Originally Posted by 01GTB View Post
    Report back with the results!

I'm guessing my 18G02 has aged well.....
    Wore some to the movies with a Friend and she couldn't stop smelling it and compliment me on it. I noticed something unusual in Aventus, well for the better part of 5 years, there was Smoke. Yes, I repeat, and I bullshit you not, I could smell the smoke, and it projected as well...
    Now this wasn't in your face smoke like burning like 12e02 or batches like that which I loved. This is a subtle smoke mixed with the musk that I haven't smelled in years.

Anyone get to let their 18G02 mature and know what I'm talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by lleblanc1986 View Post
    I'm guessing my 18G02 has aged well.....
    Wore some to the movies with a Friend and she couldn't stop smelling it and compliment me on it. I noticed something unusual in Aventus, well for the better part of 5 years, there was Smoke. Yes, I repeat, and I bullshit you not, I could smell the smoke, and it projected as well...
    Now this wasn't in your face smoke like burning like 12e02 or batches like that which I loved. This is a subtle smoke mixed with the musk that I haven't smelled in years.

Anyone get to let their 18G02 mature and know what I'm talking about?
    Noticed it a few times in a few different 18 batches. Its nowhere near as loud and has a totally different character to the smoke of vintage but you can definitely pick up a wisp of it here and there in the mid to late drydown. I get the feeling its got something to do with whatever they tweaked in the birch accord around the same time and whilst its not charred or ashy it certainly has a similar vibe to how an incense stick feels when you first light it up.

There are quite a few old school touches that seem to be popping up here and there including that wonderful petrochemical opening sheen from 18B01 as well as the amped strength and prominent birch in 19P11. Will be interesting to see if they ever do a vintage redux batch as I've really enjoyed the variations over the past few so it would be great to get a nice and rough base/mids with the modern pineapple like 15Y11.

the 2018s really came into their own at the end of the year, before that not so much. a series of knockout batches which ticked all the boxes as far as the new stuff goes, personally.

18G02 (rave reviews but never smelled it, bottles only)
    18G11 brilliant fruit blend, tangy and robust
    18K01 (version A) totally different fruit profile for aventus aka the berry batch
    18K11 another tangy banger that started off weak but doing really well now

other batches that weren't for me that got a lot of praise - 18B01 (resiny with a big dose of vanilla) and 18D02 which was one of the stronger all-round batches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    Thank you wilfred. I know what I’m into. I’m not looking for berries or vanilla here. This 18GO2 sounds perfect to me. 18G11 would be my second pick.

What’s the 18DO2, please?
    but berries are the next big thing

D02 is one of the strongest 18 batches, has a nice dank base and a fruity apple-pineapple thing going on like most of the new ones. not quite as tangy as G11. but i haven't smelled it lately to say whether it's turning 'smokey' like the chap is claiming with G02. i would probably stick with the G batches, i reckon G02/G11 are likely the standouts from last year.

G02 and seconding the G11 then. Thank you for making it easy! I’ve been watching you people like a hawk!

Where do I get these batches?
    G02 was bottle only whereas G11 had flacons as well. plenty of people out there stashing these batches but i'm not one of them or local. partial bottles would be a good bet, you can regularly find G02/G11s popping up on ebay here for example. you might even get lucky at retail if somewhere has a slower turnover as we're only talking 6-9 months ago. they shouldn't be that hard to find.

oh yeah and creed being creed if you can find a box for 18G01 more often than not there's a G02 bottle inside

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Noticed it a few times in a few different 18 batches. Its nowhere near as loud and has a totally different character to the smoke of vintage but you can definitely pick up a wisp of it here and there in the mid to late drydown. I get the feeling its got something to do with whatever they tweaked in the birch accord around the same time and whilst its not charred or ashy it certainly has a similar vibe to how an incense stick feels when you first light it up.

There are quite a few old school touches that seem to be popping up here and there including that wonderful petrochemical opening sheen from 18B01 as well as the amped strength and prominent birch in 19P11. Will be interesting to see if they ever do a vintage redux batch as I've really enjoyed the variations over the past few so it would be great to get a nice and rough base/mids with the modern pineapple like 15Y11.
    You can smell the Birch in 19p11? Don't tell me that I'm gonna end up buying a bottle lol

- - - Updated - - -

G02 and seconding the G11 then. (The DO2 also sounds great, but if there’s no smoke at all, I’m not into it. It’s “dank”, you say? Dank as in patchouli??) Thank you for making it easy! I’ve been watching you people like a hawk!

Where do I get these batches?
    18G02 is a banger imo a real banger. And I Haven't felt that way with Aventus in a long time. But to each his own. The Beautiful Vanilla with some smoke around it like 13Z01 was deadly good. But it hasn't been replicated, or recreated yet. One can dream

Quote Originally Posted by lleblanc1986 View Post
    You can smell the Birch in 19p11? Don't tell me that I'm gonna end up buying a bottle lol

- - - Updated - - -

18G02 is a banger imo a real banger. And I Haven't felt that way with Aventus in a long time. But to each his own. The Beautiful Vanilla with some smoke around it like 13Z01 was deadly good. But it hasn't been replicated, or recreated yet. One can dream
    I love 18G02 although I haven't worn it in a month. I going to give it a try tomorrow and smell for myself the changes you are talking about. In my opinion 18G02 was released in very limited quantity. Wow I can't wait to put some on tomorrow. Recently been wearing 19P01 and 18K01 but I;m going to let them rest for a while and start wearing 18G02 again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    G02 was bottle only whereas G11 had flacons as well. plenty of people out there stashing these batches but i'm not one of them or local. partial bottles would be a good bet, you can regularly find G02/G11s popping up on ebay here for example. you might even get lucky at retail if somewhere has a slower turnover as we're only talking 6-9 months ago. they shouldn't be that hard to find.

oh yeah and creed being creed if you can find a box for 18G01 more often than not there's a G02 bottle inside
    I know exactly what you're talking about...I got my 18G02 bottle in an 18G01 box, but I had advance knowledge of that from the seller about the mix up.

Speaking of indirect smokiness, the amped up oakmoss in 16M01 is absolutely fantastic. I think this is why people refer to it is Manventus. 19P11 is epic so far. I'm glad Creed is making the pineapple take center stage again. I feel like just about all the 18's were either fruity or apple-ish, but none were pineapple-centric the way so many 17's were.

K11 is coming along really well, much stronger than at launch. not quite as in your face as G11 but it does have a more prominent apple note. both excellent tangy, fruity batches

Are there any 2019 batches I should prioritize? I'm thinking of dumping my older 15 batches and just picking up something light

also hi it's been awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Are there any 2019 batches I should prioritize? I'm thinking of dumping my older 15 batches and just picking up something light

also hi it's been awhile
    The 19's I sniffed so far (19P01/19P11) all seem lighter with less base though they may develop over time. Certainly, lighter to my nose than when I purchased 17's at around the same time. For my money, I really like 19P11.

I would love to have the pineapple over a dank base. No dominant apple, berries or that slightly creamy, vanilla-laced dry-down. I don’t want the birch-y barbecue ashes of a grill man holding a spatula either. I’m sure there is a tweaked batch in there somewhere for me. I won’t give up my search, but if I find I’m grasping at straws, I will just as easily pass and call it a day.
    17S01. I guarantee that's what you're looking for. It's literally pineapple over a dank base with no apple, berry or vanilla. It's also probably my all-time favorite batch

Page 468 of 478 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 ... LastLast