Code of Conduct
Page 471 of 473 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471 472 473 LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,130 of 14183
  1. #14101

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by nossman View Post
    I am not too much into 17's batches though I like 17W11. But I am looking for something modern that would remind me the dark 16D01. I still have it but it was a 120ml decant and being out of original bottle gave it a little rancidness for the first couple of minutes, otherwise it's great!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You should consider 17S01 if you haven't already. Many consider it exceedingly similar to 16D. However, to my nose it's more reminiscent of 16M with a more pronounced pineapple accord.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  2. #14102

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    You should consider 17S01 if you haven't already. Many consider it exceedingly similar to 16D. However, to my nose it's more reminiscent of 16M with a more pronounced pineapple accord.
    yup agree with this. 16D is a bit different to the likes of 17 & 19S as the fruit is a lot less pineapple and more 'other stuff'. much woodier too.

    i would probably still take 17W01 over 19S and certainly 17S because of the fruits leaning more apple. i need that apple.

  3. #14103

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    You should consider 17S01 if you haven't already. Many consider it exceedingly similar to 16D. However, to my nose it's more reminiscent of 16M with a more pronounced pineapple accord.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    yup agree with this. 16D is a bit different to the likes of 17 & 19S as the fruit is a lot less pineapple and more 'other stuff'. much woodier too.

    i would probably still take 17W01 over 19S and certainly 17S because of the fruits leaning more apple. i need that apple.
    Thank you for your suggestion! From whatever I tried from 17's they all seemed to have more vanilla than previous years but 17S01 has been praised here a lot and I might start looking for a bottle)) Thanks again!

  4. #14104

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by nossman View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion! From whatever I tried from 17's they all seemed to have more vanilla than previous years but 17S01 has been praised here a lot and I might start looking for a bottle)) Thanks again!
    I don't detect the pronounced vanilla that other 17's have in 17S at all FWIW. If it's there it's seamlessly blended enough to be undetectable in 17S to me unlike, say, 17X, 17W11, 17T, etc. I highly recommend getting a sample to see you if you like it. 17S and 16M are my favorites.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  5. #14105

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    I don't detect the pronounced vanilla that other 17's have in 17S at all FWIW. If it's there it's seamlessly blended enough to be undetectable in 17S to me unlike, say, 17X, 17W11, 17T, etc. I highly recommend getting a sample to see you if you like it. 17S and 16M are my favorites.
    I am truly not nose-trained as well as certain members of this community. Talks about birch and blackcurrant that I can never detect)) I have a blackcurrant bush in the back and I know its smell from childhood but I don't get any of it in Aventus. As far as my favorite I think so far it is 14A01. Very unique and unlike any other Aventus I ever tried. Aventus from outer space.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  6. #14106

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by nossman View Post
    I am truly not nose-trained as well as certain members of this community. Talks about birch and blackcurrant that I can never detect)) I have a blackcurrant bush in the back and I know its smell from childhood but I don't get any of it in Aventus. As far as my favorite I think so far it is 14A01. Very unique and unlike any other Aventus I ever tried. Aventus from outer space.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I too struggle to detect blackcurrant (and apple FWIW). And it's funny you like 14A so much cos it does have blackcurrant! I think the 14s had more of it than any other year, and if you haven't tried it already you need to get your nose on 14L for the ultimate creamy blackcurrant batch.

  7. #14107

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Any 18d01 owners here? How this batch matures months after opening?

  8. #14108

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by nossman View Post
    I see some amount of posts about temperature positive influence on the quality of Aventus. That makes me think of throwing a bottle into my shed till end of August)) It gets how in there like in a Russian Sauna))

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You will destroy the scent if you do. I do not recommend it.

    Heat, light, condensation and temperature changes destroy juice. Back to basics.

    If you want to steep your perfume then remove the top cap and let the oxygen do its magic. Put the top cap back on after 24-48 hours.

    Exposing your precious and expensive Aventus to high temperatures is a big mistake.

    As somehow who vapes as well, Ive come to derive a good understanding of how heat and light affect a juice. Weve been through this learning curve in the vaping world.

    I also do not recommend refrigerating perfume for the same reasons. If you cant access a wine cooler then just keep your perfumes in a cool dark dry place.

    If you want to destroy this or shorten the life your precious Aventus there are 3 ways of doing it:

    1) sticking it in the fridge or freezer;
    2) leaving it in an area exposed to high heat, especially when the temperature varies during the course of a day and night;
    3) pouring it down the sink.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

  9. #14109

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    New to thread but not new to Aventus. Just wanna say Peace to everyone from the rookies to the vets!

    So I had the hookup on 14/15 batches as I had a friend of mine working at Neimans(only place Ive purchased from) back in 2015, stacked up so much I had no need to buy any more but I got bored of watching from the sideline and jumped back in the game. Picked up 19P01 and 19P11 and have been sitting with both for about a week or so now and I will add my 2 “scents”

    19P01 - heard mixed reviews which led me to believe of batch variations, and after having it for a week, I think there might be. And if there is I can say I got a good batch. Again I purchased from neimans. I feel good about this one, although I want to sit with this a bit longer being that there is some back and forth I want to do it justice no matter what side of the fence I end up on. But first reaction is a little brother or nephew of some 15’s I own. I will be back with a detailed descrip.

    19P11- Man o man. ALso purchased from neimans, I got a 250ml of this bad boy. Mind you it has only been 2 days that I have been testing this but from the initial spray to about 4 hours it is a beautiful pineapple bergammot ratio of about 55%pineapple and 35% berggamot but a refreshing pineapple citrus almost smells like all you need is a glass and you could drink this juice! Also from the opening I get these wood chips playing off the pineapple at an even ratio and deffinitely outshining the citrus. The wood chips smell is as if you had a fresh bag of wood chips and moss and take a flame to the wood chips, not smoking them but just kissing the chips with some flame to open up the flavors. Again this goes from the beggining to about 4 hours easily maybe 5 and after that the woodsy moss and birch come thru a little bit more at the end. Im real happy with this batch and going to let this mature checking in every now and then.

    I also would like to make this clear about my preferred juice, age, location etc as this might help you guys out when Im describing what I feel fits me the best. First off Im 29 and have been with Aventus since I was 23/24. I lean towards sweet more than green/woodsy. And Im in Tx where the weather is hottttt! Hence why for me a fresh sweet Aventus with a kick on the end for nightime fits me best. I DO NOT where this scent during the day, its just too hot and a waste of juice imo.
    Also I wouldnt take my writeups too serious, Im a fan of Aventus and mostly cannot do wrong by me.

    I do have one request however, can someone reccomend an 18 batch for me? Im going to do a blind buy and would like to get a pineapple bomb to layer up with something in my stash. Thanks and I hope this might help

    - - - Updated - - -

    Found an 18k01 batch, 250ml, and after reading a lot of reviews I wanted to get it since all of the left field “berry batch”.

    I’ve been sitting with it for about 3 hours now and was a little dissapointed with the opening at first, reminded me of a strong polo purple label. But I have to admit, I do like the drydown, 3 hours in and I feel as if there was a heavy floral 30 minutes in, which i didnt like but now Im getting a strong berry cloud, feels like a cool sweet refreshing mist. When I put my nose to it almost smells “cold” like frozen berries if that makes sense.

    If I could compare this to my 19p01 and 19p11, I would say 19p11 is still my favorite so far. Its a really a banger for me, with the birch, wood chips and pineapple shinning. I would go with 18k01 next, for the cool berries and 19p01 lastly because of the citrus that I got with the first few wears. Although I feel that 19p01 could mature to be good, I just feel like 19p11 is it for me right now. It really hits every box when it comes to the Aventus that I first smelt.

    Also, the 18k01 I bought was a little off to me before I unscrewed to top off. It had what looked like backwash in the juice, almost to the point where I didn’t purchase but I threw caution to the wind and just went with it as I was already invested and had my mind made up. Juice had some yellowing to it vs the 19p11 and 19p01 which was clear as can be. This 250ml was also purchased at Neimans.

    Hope this helps anyone out there!

  10. #14110

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Doggystyle View Post
    19P11- Man o man. ALso purchased from neimans, I got a 250ml of this bad boy. Mind you it has only been 2 days that I have been testing this but from the initial spray to about 4 hours it is a beautiful pineapple bergammot ratio of about 55%pineapple and 35% berggamot but a refreshing pineapple citrus almost smells like all you need is a glass and you could drink this juice! Also from the opening I get these wood chips playing off the pineapple at an even ratio and deffinitely outshining the citrus. The wood chips smell is as if you had a fresh bag of wood chips and moss and take a flame to the wood chips, not smoking them but just kissing the chips with some flame to open up the flavors. Again this goes from the beggining to about 4 hours easily maybe 5 and after that the woodsy moss and birch come thru a little bit more at the end. Im real happy with this batch and going to let this mature checking in every now and then.
    I agree. I'm starting to really dig this batch. It's bright and sweet with a good amount of birch. 19P01 is just too sweet atm.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  11. #14111

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    now that's what i call an introductory post. welcome Doggystyle

    if you're after a 18 batch with plenty of pineapple/fruit especially for layering...i would definitely look for G02/G11 or K11.

    Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    I agree. I'm starting to really dig this batch. It's bright and sweet with a good amount of birch. 19P01 is just too sweet atm.
    and S01/S11 are even less sweet.

  12. #14112

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    18E01 - Bought a tester bottle so the guy asking above if it matures well, well not really, its not that potent.

    18E01 was bought as a blind buy because, a tester i tried in a department store (it was midway through 2018 so it could have been anything before then) was a powerhouse banger ive remembered ever since as it stank up my shirt and scarfwith one spray! and i hoped this would hit the spot. Not really. Its obviously aventus, but the opening is almost harsh, more citrus than pineapple. Its dissapointing.
    The drydown is extra..im not sure, maybe the sweet vanilla. The department store grail had a rawer, danker drydown that was more manly to me. it was a more complex, earthy. 18E01's drydown is flatter, not as one-dimensional and synthetic as CDNI, but it has a sharpness rather than a roundness, the drydown notes swirl into an aftertaste of men's "musky shaving cream" when i remembered "leathery, birchy moss"

    Wha the hell Erwin!?... may i have a free flacon please? =)

    .

    - - - Updated - - -

    btw the 18D01 VIM is a bomb! its seriously stronger than the aventus, more coconut and less funk than another batch i remember

  13. #14113
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    1,265

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Doggystyle View Post
    19P11- Man o man. ALso purchased from neimans, I got a 250ml of this bad boy. Mind you it has only been 2 days that I have been testing this but from the initial spray to about 4 hours it is a beautiful pineapple bergammot ratio of about 55%pineapple and 35% berggamot but a refreshing pineapple citrus almost smells like all you need is a glass and you could drink this juice! Also from the opening I get these wood chips playing off the pineapple at an even ratio and deffinitely outshining the citrus. The wood chips smell is as if you had a fresh bag of wood chips and moss and take a flame to the wood chips, not smoking them but just kissing the chips with some flame to open up the flavors. Again this goes from the beggining to about 4 hours easily maybe 5 and after that the woodsy moss and birch come thru a little bit more at the end. Im real happy with this batch and going to let this mature checking in every now and then.
    This is aligned with my thoughts for the most part.

    As wilfred says, S01 and S11 are considerably less sweet, with S11 being the 'drier' of the two. I'm sporting S11 today and it's not particularly heavy with respect to pineapple but has a more citric, black-red berries type of opening which is relatively persistent. The fragrance itself is also pretty long lasting and I'm enjoying it in its early throws.

  14. #14114

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Price check on 120 ML of 15Y11?

  15. #14115

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Price check on 120 ML of 15Y11?
    $400-600 from what I've seen. Even higher for some as it's a coveted batch for many.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  16. #14116

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    $400-600 from what I've seen. Even higher for some as it's a coveted batch for many.
    thanks!

  17. #14117

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    who knows what batch they ship now at NOSE.fr ?

  18. #14118
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / le de chypre
    Posts
    12,876

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad4m View Post
    who knows what batch they ship now at NOSE.fr ?
    Nose should know (sorry!)

    Seriously though - email them and ask. What have you got to lose?

  19. #14119

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Nose should know (sorry!)

    Seriously though - email them and ask. What have you got to lose?
    they don't want tell this info

  20. #14120

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Try https://parfas.be/en/ they have 19S11, 100 ml, same prices.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

  21. #14121

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by TopoGigio View Post
    Try https://parfas.be/en/ they have 19S11, 100 ml, same prices.
    great batch that most will be happy with, well balanced between dank and pineapple.

  22. #14122

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Hi, guys!

    Ok, Im thinking about buy a full bottle of Aventus and a good price. I have two possibilities: 18B01 and 18K01.

    Important thing: Ive had good and bad batches. Had the great 16A01 but also had one from 2013 that I honestly dont recall. The latter was a smoke/birch bomb and the performance was terrible. The first one I had, though, was incredible. Juicy pinneapple/apple with the right amout of birch, etc. I believe it was in 2011 or 2012. So, yeah, I dont recall which batch was. Finally, I know have a sample of 19P11. Dont like it very much, as the birch is quite prominent.

    Bottom line, I like fruitier batches and/or balanced batches. How do you describe these that I consider as possible buys?


    Thank you!

  23. #14123

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    to throw a spanner there is more than one version of both 18B01 and 18K01, lol. can be ID'd by the amount of particles in the juice and vary quite dramatically to the extent they might as well be different batches.

  24. #14124

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    to throw a spanner there is more than one version of both 18B01 and 18K01, lol. can be ID'd by the amount of particles in the juice and vary quite dramatically to the extent they might as well be different batches.
    But what to you think them? Are they balanced? Heavy on the pineapple? Birch?

  25. #14125

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyacl View Post
    But what to you think them? Are they balanced? Heavy on the pineapple? Birch?
    only tried the one version of 18B01. my thoughts on that and both versions of 18K01 can be found earlier in the thread

  26. #14126

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyacl View Post
    But what to you think them? Are they balanced? Heavy on the pineapple? Birch?
    I have the 18K01 batch and it is very fruity, basically no birch. The other variation is a unique berry batch as reviewed in past thread. If your interested, private message me and I can give you a sample. I have a 250ml and use the 18K01 as an everyday juice

  27. #14127

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    Hello all,
    I need some expert advice from you, particularly from @Jowan (because last time you helped me make my decision and I was extremely happy with the one you recommended: 16L01).
    I want to get a new bottle and I have the following options from our local retailer in Toronto: 18B01, 18K01, 18K11 and 19P21. I will be very grateful for your insightful responses. Thank you.

  28. #14128

    Post Help please choosing my 1st.bottle of Creed aventus

    Hi,
    New to the site, so hello everyone.
    I'm looking at buying my first bottle of Creed aventus.
    The two batches that I'm looking at are,
    A4216M01
    19P21
    If anyone has bought either, I would be glad to hear about it, thanks.

  29. #14129

    Default Re: Help please choosing my 1st.bottle of Creed aventus

    Quote Originally Posted by surfthenet View Post
    Hi,
    New to the site, so hello everyone.
    I'm looking at buying my first bottle of Creed aventus.
    The two batches that I'm looking at are,
    A4216M01
    19P21
    If anyone has bought either, I would be glad to hear about it, thanks.
    Get the 16M01! It's a fantastic batch and a basenotes favorite. It's also increasingly hard to find. 19P21 is readily available everywhere as it's new.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  30. #14130

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

    I bought the Aventus 15X21 last week.
    Please read it to the end.

    I have Aventus 19N01, 18E01, 17S01, 17X01, 17T01.

    They all smell fruits (citruses or pineapples) in their top notes,
    and they all have weak longevity.

    I found that Aventus before 2015 had a strong longevity with smokes.

    I bought 15X21 through eBay.
    The condition of the case and the glass bottle is authentic.

    But I feel that the scent is not Aventus.
    I can't feel any pineapples and apples.

    Is it because it's too old?
    Should this mature because of the shaking during delivery?

    I paid $650 to buy 15X21 hard.

    Disappointed.

    Is the recent Aventus and the old Aventus a completely different fragrance?
    Last edited by peterpark; 25th July 2019 at 03:41 AM.




Page 471 of 473 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471 472 473 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aventus batch numbers
    By Forza in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 7416
    Last Post: 15th December 2015, 09:10 PM
  2. Lubin batch numbers
    By Viffer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st August 2014, 01:19 PM
  3. Minotaure batch numbers?
    By Hothamwater in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st May 2014, 06:42 PM
  4. Curve batch numbers
    By BeyondTheBox in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13th March 2014, 05:29 AM
  5. Creed Himalaya batch numbers/good batch.
    By Dawg15 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th June 2012, 11:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000