Code of Conduct
Page 475 of 477 FirstFirst ... 375 425 465 473 474 475 476 477 LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,250 of 14295

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by rzwinston View Post
    let me know one month later....
    Mate, all Aventus nowadays are just watered down, nothing like before. Macerating doesn't help at all in this case, that's why I stopped buying them since it lasts only a few hours, it's pointless really.

Back in the day it would project like an animal, that is no longer true

Man, just saw a 11Y02 sell for $1400 on eBay a few days ago...crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grolubao View Post
    Mate, all Aventus nowadays are just watered down, nothing like before. Macerating doesn't help at all in this case, that's why I stopped buying them since it lasts only a few hours, it's pointless really.

Back in the day it would project like an animal, that is no longer true
    I found some old samples (shipped with some orders 2 years ago) of 16J01 so will see if some longevity difference I sprayed a couple times before so it should be matured now ) its definitely sweeter
    Last edited by rzwinston; 30th August 2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: just so

Quote Originally Posted by Pertinax View Post
    Hello, new here - I am new to niche, but got a decant of Aventus, and liked it, so when I found a bargain of 15 bottles of the stuff at about 147$ a bottle (all 100ml or 120ml bottles all either 16' or 17'-batches, only a couple of them used to any degree so all were just about full) I got the privelige of comparing batches like a nutcase right away.

Initial impressions:
    - The batch-difference is real, I didn't expect that much of a difference, but in the opening 17R01 is smooth, spicy, while for example 17T01 is almost sour, in your face and plasticy in the opening. Strong difference. It's still very much the same perfume, but I was genuinely surprised at how undeniable the variation is. It's still not something I would really get hung up over if I were without a bottle and needed to buy one. I'd just get whichever pretty much, but still - fun to notice the difference.

- Aventus is truly amazing. Considering myself more of a Parfums de Marly-head really, but this is still something undeniably special about this one that makes one feel like a fetishist of sorts - the feel of the bottle, the smell - very seductive. The single mans catnip.
    I noticed I got a 11Z01 too. Not as good as the others, but cool of him to add one.

hope those unused bottles all had their original boxes and in pristine condition. or you know the score...
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    hope those unused bottles all had their original boxes and in pristine condition. or you know the score...
    Yup, all good.

19P01 is smokey. i have compared it to my 2013 bottles T01 (super smoke the real deal) and 3zz01 much less smokey. but the 19p01 is a bit less smokey than 13zz01.not the same but super close. been testing these batches since 2012. just my opinion. Fight me.
    Last edited by mak90_90; 1st September 2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mak90_90 View Post
    19P01 is smokey. i have compared it to my 2013 bottles T01 (super smoke the real deal) and 3zz01 much less smokey. but the 19p01 is a bit less smokey than 13zz01.not the same but super close. been testing these batches since 2012. just my opinion. Fight me.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    ]
    never gets old!

Hi guys not been on this thread recently. Just checking in to say IMO '19 seems to be a great year so far. All the batches in the 19 series for me have been really nice and will just get better with age. More of an old school vibe to them than 17 and 18's I reckon. Something seems to be going right again at last at Creed! Would be interested in hearing everyone's opinions on their '19s !

Quote Originally Posted by rzwinston View Post
    let me know one month later....
    yeah i tested it differently and its not that weak, not a beast mode but will see in a month or two

Quote Originally Posted by Mojeime View Post
    yeah i tested it differently and its not that weak, not a beast mode but will see in a month or two
    It came cellophane wrapped right?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Hi guys not been on this thread recently. Just checking in to say IMO '19 seems to be a great year so far. All the batches in the 19 series for me have been really nice and will just get better with age. More of an old school vibe to them than 17 and 18's I reckon. Something seems to be going right again at last at Creed! Would be interested in hearing everyone's opinions on their '19s !
    The 19's are more reminiscent of some of the 17's than 18's. They still don't have nearly as a strong of a base though and I'm not sure if maceration/maturation is going to change that. They lean quite sweet. I really like 19P11. It has a soothing birch accord that complements the pineapple and apple. It still strikes me as somewhat two-dimensional compared to other batches I've tried.

i'm not loving the 19s so far, plenty strong but the smell isn't doing it for me. S01/S11 are better than P11. i ended up not loving any of the 17s after they matured either. so far a handful of 18 batches remain my top picks post-2016. 18G11 is the one to be specific, a cracking batch

19s31

Quote Originally Posted by Aventusci View Post
    19s31
    @_@ odd batch number... this ought to be good!

Finescentsllc has it!
    Current Top 10

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Christian Dior Dior Homme
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee

Anybody here has a 10K03 bottle ? Can't seem to find any relevant reviews on it. I might be able to score a bottle of it.

Not got 10K03, but do have 10K01 and 10K02. If you've not put your nose on a 10 before you will be surprised. The fruit plays very much second fiddle to a leathery woody smoke. It's actually quite pungent. My experience of 10s is that the fruit doesn't hold up nearly as well as any subsequent year, and it comes across as very dark and spicy. Someone whose nose I respect described it as Christmas Pudding. It's almost as if Creed were experimenting with the balance of components during that first year. So it will all depend on how well it's been kept in the last 9 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Oneofthechosen View Post
    Not got 10K03, but do have 10K01 and 10K02. If you've not put your nose on a 10 before you will be surprised. The fruit plays very much second fiddle to a leathery woody smoke. It's actually quite pungent. My experience of 10s is that the fruit doesn't hold up nearly as well as any subsequent year, and it comes across as very dark and spicy. Someone whose nose I respect described it as Christmas Pudding. It's almost as if Creed were experimenting with the balance of components during that first year. So it will all depend on how well it's been kept in the last 9 years...

Thanks man, it will be my first full presentation of a vintage Aventus. I managed to get a bottle only 13u02, but bad luck it seems the sprayer has a leak. Given the difference of the scent of vintage (2013 and older) vs Modern Batches (I have 16, 17, 18 and 19) I can't tell if the juice is spoiled or not.
    I have not done a full wear yet. But spray test in paper strip, the scent lasted for almost 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jr_g666 View Post
    Thanks man, it will be my first full presentation of a vintage Aventus. I managed to get a bottle only 13u02, but bad luck it seems the sprayer has a leak. Given the difference of the scent of vintage (2013 and older) vs Modern Batches (I have 16, 17, 18 and 19) I can't tell if the juice is spoiled or not.
    I have not done a full wear yet. But spray test in paper strip, the scent lasted for almost 2 days.
    Will be interesting what you make of the 10, especially since you have started off with modern. I think if 16s onwards hook you in, then pre-14s will take a bit of getting used to and are somewhat acquired. 13s have quite a full on smoke vibe but you should be able to pick out the fruit. That fruit is defo further back in the 10s.

Will be interesting what you make of the 10, especially since you have started off with modern. I think if 16s onwards hook you in, then pre-14s will take a bit of getting used to and are somewhat acquired. 13s have quite a full on smoke vibe but you should be able to pick out the fruit. That fruit is defo further back in the 10s.

Opening starts fruity in the 13u02, but i can get a smoke creeping up afterwards. I can't seem to know if the leak has spoiled the projection of the juice . In comparison, the fruity scent of the 13u02 is way different from what I have (18B01, 17R01, 17Q11 and 16K11), modern batches seems brighter and sweeter.

Anyone has experienced of a leaking sprayer in their 2013-or older Creed bottles ? Would really appreciate getting a tip on how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojeime View Post
    Anyone got A4219S01?
    just got it form nose.fr but thinking its weak? might be wrong
    Good or Not?
    Smell + Performance?
    (19S01)

Default Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Between 12e01 and 13z01
    Which has the prominent smoke?
    Performance and scent wise which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by jr_g666 View Post
    Between 12e01 and 13z01
    Which has the prominent smoke?
    Performance and scent wise which is better?
    12E01 on both counts to me. 13Z won't be a million miles from your 13U.

12E01 on both counts to me. 13Z won't be a million miles from your 13U.
    Thanks man. So based from you mentioned 13U02 is better than 13z01 .. Sucks to be a newbie. I have missed out a lot, price for a vintage bottle is rediculous now in the FB group.

Maybe it’s just me but I feel the ‘19 batches have been better because we now have Aventus Cologne in the lineup.
    My Most Complimented:

1). Aventus - Creed
    2). Sauvage - Dior
    3). Allure Homme Sport - Chanel
    4). L'Homme - Prada
    5). Acqua Di Gio Profumo - Giorgio Armani
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyXIII View Post
    Maybe it’s just me but I feel the ‘19 batches have been better because we now have Aventus Cologne in the lineup.
    Was able to wear , the 19P01 and what I get is a very Sweet Pineapple in the opening. Projection is Medium about 4 -6 hrs and skin afterwards till 9th hour. Will store this for now and use it again probably the next 2 months.
    For modern batches, 17R01 really works for me
    Last edited by jr_g666; 25th September 2019 at 09:35 AM.

Hello All, what is your take on LT42C14M01 ,i have a chance to acquire this but the price is too steep ..so i am wondering if its a safe and worthwhile investment , i am looking for a strong / birch tar smoky scent ( compared to a very fruity types as per newer batches post 2017 onwards ) ..this being from 2014 ..so i am hoping it has that smoke heavy feel & i am wondering if i should take the plunge ….any thoughts will be appreciated ..?

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan odyssey View Post
    Hello All, what is your take on LT42C14M01 ,i have a chance to acquire this but the price is too steep ..so i am wondering if its a safe and worthwhile investment , i am looking for a strong / birch tar smoky scent ( compared to a very fruity types as per newer batches post 2017 onwards ) ..this being from 2014 ..so i am hoping it has that smoke heavy feel & i am wondering if i should take the plunge ….any thoughts will be appreciated ..?
    it will have a deeper base than the latest versions but 2014 is still a 'non-vintage' year. if you want a proper smoky batch you need a 2013 or prior (excluding 13ZZ01).

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    it will have a deeper base than the latest versions but 2014 is still a 'non-vintage' year. if you want a proper smoky batch you need a 2013 or prior (excluding 13ZZ01).
    aha ...interesting ….thanks for your input !

Page 475 of 477 FirstFirst ... 375 425 465 473 474 475 476 477 LastLast