Code of Conduct
Page 483 of 486 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,490 of 14552
o
    Dependent

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by scrizzFX View Post
    Besides 18d02 and 18b11 did 2018 have other good batches? Seemed like an underwhelming year for aventus based on lack of positive feedback. I could be wrong...
    18K11 is nice if you like the fruitier thaaang. Longevity isn't really its strong suit however.

Quote Originally Posted by Benz3ne View Post
    18K11 is nice if you like the fruitier thaaang. Longevity isn't really its strong suit however.
    18K11 is really good. don't know if you still have it but it's maturing nicely. has a real dankness and even smells a bit smokey in the air.

2018 has the best series of batches since 2016, for my money.

18G02/G11 - perfect fruity aventus (tangy pineapple-apple) with a slight dank undertone.
    18K01 (first variation) - one of the most unique batches ever, doesn't smell like pineapple or apple but some type of red fruit/berries. super smooth on the nose.
    18K11 - more trademark fruity aventus. a more pronounced, brighter apple than the G series and really pops.

crucially none of these batches overdo it with the vanilla or top notes. you've got that balanced fruit hit with a dark edge, the highlight of Aventus DNA. they're also better than any of the 2019s.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    18K11 is really good. don't know if you still have it but it's maturing nicely. has a real dankness and even smells a bit smokey in the air.

18G02/G11 - perfect fruity aventus (tangy pineapple-apple) with a slight dank undertone.
    18K01 (first variation) - one of the most unique batches ever, doesn't smell like pineapple or apple but some type of red fruit/berries. super smooth on the nose.
    18K11 - more trademark fruity aventus. a more pronounced, brighter apple than the G series and really pops.

crucially none of these batches overdo it with the vanilla or top notes. you've got that balanced fruit hit with a dark edge, the highlight of Aventus DNA. they're also better than any of the 2019s.
    I don't, actually. Having procured a bottle of S11 and with a partial of 16M01 sitting on my shelf, I've shifted on my decants. I think I agree that the opening of 18K11 is better than the '19's so far, but the depth and longevity of the '19's pip K11 to the post for me. I still found it pretty bright when I passed it on, not much dankness as you mentioned.

I had bought a 16m01 in 2018 and I still had to let it sit, after spraying, to let it mature. Since your batch is very recent you have to let it sit for around a year after spraying some and letting some oxygen get into the bottle for it to get stronger and perform better.

- - - Updated - - -

The 18k01 sounds like a must try. Can’t imagine aventus with berries replacing the pineapple/ apple. Def sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by scrizzFX View Post
    I had bought a 16m01 in 2018 and I still had to let it sit, after spraying, to let it mature. Since your batch is very recent you have to let it sit for around a year after spraying some and letting some oxygen get into the bottle for it to get stronger and perform better.
    I don't completely disagree with the phenomenon of maturation (even though it is highly controversial) but why should someone have to wait to use a fragrance, when you buy it, you buy it to use there and then? Fragrance houses already give the fragrances anywhere from weeks to months to allow for maceration before distribution, so when they sell them, they are ready for immediate usage.

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    I don't completely disagree with the phenomenon of maturation (even though it is highly controversial) but why should someone have to wait to use a fragrance, when you buy it, you buy it to use there and then? Fragrance houses already give the fragrances anywhere from weeks to months to allow for maceration before distribution, so when they sell them, they are ready for immediate usage.
    I don’t know why, it doesn’t seem professional, but I believe that creed sells their stuff without letting it macerate. I think they’re one of the few if not the only perfume companies that do so.

Basenotes Plus

The demand is so high for Creed it seems that they pump out stuff and it isn’t fully ready it seems. I agree it should be ready but the formula of Creed is a mystery in that aspect annoying as well. Air does a bottle good I’ve experienced it myself, odd as it may be it does happen.

Mehh ... do not know, I own several Creeds, they smell the same to me from the firs spray, maybe my nose is not sharp enough.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

I’m actually quite happy that people quickly dismiss the newer batches of aventus without letting it sit a while. The ones that know of this process of maceration of creed benefit as long as they’re patient and wait from their newly purchased creeds to blossom to full potential while those that are disappointed with the non-matured perfumes quickly sell it. Just means that fewer people are enjoying this masterpiece. It’s a niche within niche. Lol

word on the street is a new batch 19Y and it's an official reform from here on out. there's an extra N in the batch code for 'new formula' so it could be significantly different and probably for the worse. likelyhood is Creed are watering it down and replacing more expensive ingredients with cheaper substitutes (again).

looks like jasmine has been pre-emptively removed to comply with new regulations. question is whether it will be a botched in-house attempt as with Aventus Cologne or they've hired one of the original noses to come up with this new take. with the lack of birch my money is on aventus parfum/intense sometime in 2020 which will be a darker take and bring the woodyness back.

notes.jpg
    Last edited by wilfred; 25th January 2020 at 02:02 AM.

Woah. Red pepper? Aqeuous? Cyclamen and hedoine? Melon and abrox? Sounds like a totally different scent. Lol

I feel like this latest iteration is based far less on artistry and more on marketing demographics Olivier threw together with Jeremy Fragrance on some coke-fueled binge...
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

This is from nose.fr - back in 2017... IMG_20200125_070303.jpg

Debatable if its the most trustworthy source for these pieces of info.

Only facts for me are that I didn't really bother with the 18s batches but liked some 19s batches. Still, nothing to write home about imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    This is from nose.fr - back in 2017... IMG_20200125_070303.jpg

Debatable if its the most trustworthy source for these pieces of info.

Only facts for me are that I didn't really bother with the 18s batches but liked some 19s batches. Still, nothing to write home about imo.
    Nice find! And I totally agree: 2019 is far better than 2018. In fact, 2019 might even surpass 2017 for me.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

word on the street is a new batch 19Y and it's an official reform....
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Feb 2020, new and ridiculous IFRA regulations go into effect. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Feb 2020, new and ridiculous IFRA regulations go into effect. Sigh
    According to one of the IFRA documents, implementation deadline for existing creations seems to be February 10, 2022. For new creations the deadline is exactly one year earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    According to one of the IFRA documents, implementation deadline for existing creations seems to be February 10, 2022. For new creations the deadline is exactly one year earlier.
    Thanks for the correction.

Good ol IFRA

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    19Y01N is the new batch, new aventus. plenty of people will have one soon. it probably smells quite similar if they've done their job.

Hi all, do any of you ever take note of which letter your batches start with? So far, my favourite batches have all started with A42. I’ve also had CM42 and S42. I’m guessing these letters refer to different factories / locations where the fragrance has been made, obviously for quality control purposes. For this reason, I’ve never understood why people just refer to the last 5 digits of a batch code since my 17N01 is a CM4217N01 and has rubbish longevity where I’ve also seen batch codes for A4217N01 which I assume were much better. Has this been discussed widely? Thanks

Wow, removing birch? Great move...idiots...
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

the nose thing could well be bunk but regardless 19Y is 100% a new formula as shown by the N for new formula in the batch code. we'll have to smell how different it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsunshine View Post
    Hi all, do any of you ever take note of which letter your batches start with? So far, my favourite batches have all started with A42. I’ve also had CM42 and S42. I’m guessing these letters refer to different factories / locations where the fragrance has been made, obviously for quality control purposes. For this reason, I’ve never understood why people just refer to the last 5 digits of a batch code since my 17N01 is a CM4217N01 and has rubbish longevity where I’ve also seen batch codes for A4217N01 which I assume were much better. Has this been discussed widely? Thanks
    No one knows what the prefix letters stand for. It is not related to bottle size. There have been at least 8 since Aventus started: A, C, S, SO, CM, LT, FP & TP. Given there are that many, I don't think it's related to production facilities nor location - all of those letters seem to be available wherever you buy from.

Basenotes Plus

I know folks in this forum probably don't care, but Reddit has highlighted this sub in a negative way: https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/c...a_bunch_of_bs/
    Something something....something....

Avatar picture taken at Kew Gardens.
    Currently wearing: Fleurissimo by Creed

I am very impressed with 19S11. I wore it for the first time today and it projected, lasted, and smelled great. I wouldn’t say beast but I was catching wafts 9 hours later from my sweater which smelled lovely. I owned a 4oz of 16H11 that I owned for a few months before I Finally sold it. It barely lasted even 3 hours on my skin. But my new bottle blew me away. I got a 3.3oz for a terrific price and I am one happy customer

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty2Shoes View Post
    I know folks in this forum probably don't care, but Reddit has highlighted this sub in a negative way: https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/c...a_bunch_of_bs/
    The best explanation is that the batch differences are like listening to the same song in your car but sometimes your adjust the bass, sometimes the treble is up more, sometimes you might have the back speakers louder, sometimes you might have the left side amped-up more etc. The song is still the same but the experience is noticeably different. Some batches are smokier, some are fruitier but it is still Aventus. Even the colour of the 2015 batches is a greenish colour. 2018 batches are very weak.

Hello Guys,
    i am new here and i have registered based on this awesome Aventus thread. I just read almost everything and i enjoyed it. I just bought 3 Aventus bottles recently and want to hear your opinions about my batches.
    They batches are

A4219S11

A4219U01

LT4217U01

Would be very grateful to hear your opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

The Batches i mean, sorry

I have a 19U01 on the way in the mail.

Please tell me this is a joke. I find it hard to believe that Creed would deliberately make major changes to Aventus (no birch??), their flagship men's cologne, with devoted fans and sales off the chart (for niche prices). Unless it's more idiocy from the slimy EU suits sitting around a tax payer-funded table trying to yet again dictate to other people what to do in their own countries...

Atleast they went out with a bang. I think the 19s are pretty good for being recent batches. If they’re reformulating at-least we have a heads up and can stock up for now.

Page 483 of 486 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 ... LastLast