Code of Conduct
Page 485 of 491 FirstFirst ... 385 435 475 483 484 485 486 487 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,550 of 14709
o

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ouzopower View Post
    Ok guys i bought Creed Aventus batch 19s41
    Its a beast off my skin. I get 10+ longevity with 1 spray behind neck(cant spray more at work)and good projection for 4-5 hours then scent bubble about arms lenght.to me it comes as balanced not overly pineapply and fruity more like smooth pineapple.then it settles down to a good balanced smokiness.so happy with my purchase.i must say i was afraid with all the batch variation talk but it turned out good.

Need to test it with more sprays but im kinda afraid to choke people out.will go 2 sprays and see if any bodies appear
    I was literally just going to reply to your first post regarding thoughts on 19S41. Last night was my first wear not to the office (following the office I always got my CFit gym and shower after so I never really have a good scope of longevity), and up to that point I've noticed 10+ hours of longevity. I sprayed 3 sprays last night (collar bone, and behind the ears) at 5:30 in prep for wife's birthday activities, and this morning I can still clearly make it out, so I'm almost exactly 15 hours in and I still can pinpoint fruity freshness.

So apparently 19S41 is the new grail batch, let's see how long this one lasts

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    So apparently 19S41 is the new grail batch, let's see how long this one lasts
    When a new one comes out and then people will retroactively blast 19S41 and say how crap it was compared to 19XKITTYLICKLICK.

I'm not going to blast that batch as I haven't tried it yet, and likely won't but as we've seen many times before, hyped batches die hard. We will see if Creed finally turned a corner and found a revolutionary way to make top notes last longer than many base notes. I am skeptical to say the least, because normally fruity notes are the most volatile and oxidize away in the first few hours.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a batch that is in a 10ml vial that came with my atomizer coffret, and that batches pineapple scent is way better then my 19S41, however 19S41 longevity and projection seems to be very good. I wish I knew that batch my vial was from. So I don't have much to compare it to, however I can attest to my experience with it.

Basenotes Plus

I’m awaiting how the newest Y 19’ batch turns out based on feedback, it’s said to be the turning point for Aventus with the new fragrance regulations in place. I hope it doesn’t mean a bad change, anyone still following the rumor that the ingredients (pineapple part) was said to change negatively for Aventus based on regulations? It was mentioned earlier last year and hasn’t been mentioned since.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I’m awaiting how the newest Y 19’ batch turns out based on feedback, it’s said to be the turning point for Aventus with the new fragrance regulations in place. I hope it doesn’t mean a bad change, anyone still following the rumor that the ingredients (pineapple part) was said to change negatively for Aventus based on regulations? It was mentioned earlier last year and hasn’t been mentioned since.
    i posted before but so far it's all bad. several people have said it isn't quite aventus any more and the pineapple is much toned down.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    i posted before but so far it's all bad. several people have said it isn't quite aventus any more and the pineapple is much toned down.
    Apparently 19Y11N is already out there. Can anyone actually keep up....?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneofthechosen View Post
    Apparently 19Y11N is already out there. Can anyone actually keep up....?
    I'm tired of keeping up. I should post my Aventus collection on here sometime - I have an unhealthy amount of 2010-2016 bottles, and that'll do me for life and then some. Last batch I tried was 17Q11. There's just no reason for me to keep spending money and time on Aventus batches anymore, regardless of how much I like Aventus. At some point you look at your stockpile and say "holy shit, I think that's enough."

Glad I got a 19s11 with a potent and lasting pineapple. Heard the newest batches (Y11n) has been changed for the worse and the pineapple diminished. I suggest everyone that likes the pineapple note to stock up on the earlier 19 batches before their all gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scrizzFX View Post
    Glad I got a 19s11 with a potent and lasting pineapple. Heard the newest batches (Y11n) has been changed for the worse and the pineapple diminished. I suggest everyone that likes the pineapple note to stock up on the earlier 19 batches before their all gone soon.
    I hear 19U01 after some aging is very similar to 19S11.

19U11 is a pineapple bomb. Reminds me of 17Q11. Haven't smelled S11 or U01 though.

19N01 shocked me this year with how sweet and fruity it is. Crazy sweet.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    I'm tired of keeping up. I should post my Aventus collection on here sometime - I have an unhealthy amount of 2010-2016 bottles, and that'll do me for life and then some. Last batch I tried was 17Q11. There's just no reason for me to keep spending money and time on Aventus batches anymore, regardless of how much I like Aventus. At some point you look at your stockpile and say "holy shit, I think that's enough."
    Alright, I wouldn't mind trying some of the oldest ones. Earliest batch I've sampled was from 11Z01 but I have my doubts regarding its authenticity, so 13QO1 is the earliest authentic bottle/batch I've owned/tried PM me if you do.

Actually I'm very happy with my 19U01 batch, great performance on me, there's something special about it.
    I've had 19P11 before this and I didn't like it as much even though performance was pretty decent...I don't get why people complain about bad performance on '19 batches.

My personal hot take: 2019>2017/2018

2016 > 2015 > 2018 > 2017 > 2019

2018 ahead of the others only by virtue of the G/K series, the best batches since early 2016. 2017 had the W series which was a standout whereas 2019 is kind of middling, robust batches but ultimately bland. nothing truly special just solid everyday aventus.

2017. > 2018. Darn it, even 2019. > 2018. Except for the 18D02, 2018 was so average, whether the performance or the smell itself

Quote Originally Posted by furiouszagreb View Post
    2017. > 2018. Darn it, even 2019. > 2018. Except for the 18D02, 2018 was so average, whether the performance or the smell itself
    Same ^^ I would rank the modern batches like this (overall "niceness" of batch variety within these years, number of great batches according to me and general reception by the forum members):

2015>2014>2016>2017>2019>2018

y'all are sleeping on 18G11/18K11 - these are legendary tier batches with a good amount of what made aventus great in 15-16 but a fresher take. take G/K away and 18 is dissapointing but alas. and nothing in 2019 has come close to those in terms of scent. i would only mention 17W01 along with them for a great balance of fruit to dank, other 17s seemed to lose their balance after a while.

so what do 17W01, 18G11 & 18K11 all have in common? it's that aventus apple which is all but missing from dissapointing 2019 batches. so different strokes but tangy apple is where it's at.
    Last edited by wilfred; 15th February 2020 at 11:43 PM.

y'all are sleeping on 18G11/18K11 - these are legendary tier batches with a good amount of what made aventus great in 15-16 but a fresher take. take G/K away and 18 is dissapointing but alas. and nothing in 2019 has come close to those in terms of scent. i would only mention 17W01 along with them for a great balance of fruit to dank, other 17s seemed to lose their balance after a while.

so what do 17W01, 18G11 & 18K11 all have in common? it's that aventus apple which is all but missing from dissapointing 2019 batches. so different strokes but tangy apple is where it's at.
    You're right Wilfred, I agree and although I don't own 18G11 or 18k11 I do own 18G02, K01 and D02 and they are all outstanding batches especially 18G02. I have't tried any of the 17s so I cannot comment on them, but I own 19P01 and P11 and my 18s outshine the 19s. P11 has a fantastic opening and it last forever, but you nailed it, that tangy apple and something else is missing. It's pretty linear scent all the way.

My Aventus vacation ended a few weeks ago and I started looking for batches to add to my "unhealthy" collection. I stepped back for a year after trying some of the 18s ending with 18D01, then just got the bug again, especially after this concerning talk of some kind of recipe mutilation in store for Aventus.
    Added 14F01, 17N01, 16L01, a couple of 19s and 18G01.
    Wilfred you are spot on-of them all, 18G01 surprised me the most. Daaaaaaaang.... it has a heavy and sweet pineapple with a lingering base. Had me thinking I had sprayed some of my 15 batches.
    14F01 is some different Aventus with a very sharp pineapple opening to kick it off. This fades quickly but leads to the heaviest ambergris dry down of any Aventus I have. 14F01 is very unique in the Aventus lineup, and very good.
    I am still on the fence on the 19s. I will need to give them a chance to mature.
    Now for some 18G02 and 18F21..........

Ah so it makes sense why I prefer 2019. I don't like the apple note. I don't hate it but I prefer a pineapple/bergamot combo and 2019 has it in spades.

Lets not forget 18b11. Pineapple and vanilla delight!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Ah so it makes sense why I prefer 2019. I don't like the apple note. I don't hate it but I prefer a pineapple/bergamot combo and 2019 has it in spades.
    17w01 had an amazing apple note but i felt it got too dark in the drydown, the dark notes were a little too much and unbalanced. But i didnt let it fully age, so...

Quote Originally Posted by humwak-O View Post
    You're right Wilfred, I agree and although I don't own 18G11 or 18k11 I do own 18G02, K01 and D02 and they are all outstanding batches especially 18G02. I have't tried any of the 17s so I cannot comment on them, but I own 19P01 and P11 and my 18s outshine the 19s. P11 has a fantastic opening and it last forever, but you nailed it, that tangy apple and something else is missing. It's pretty linear scent all the way.
    glad to hear i'm not alone, i've heard 18G02 is very close to G11 and some even prefer it. so G02/G11 are gold if you like your aventus pineapple with an apply kick. like the guy said above 18G even has callbacks to 2015 batches with its dank fruityness, just with more apple. K11 is a little different again and more of what i'm looking for with that apple vibe. it was a batch that started really weak but the magic has happened as it opened up (must be the particles lol). i get a lot of compliments with G11/K11 as batches with a stronger apple note seem to work for me. D02 wasn't as tangy so not my thing but K01 (clear version) is something totally different (no real pineapple OR apple but instead red/purple fruit) and again very awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets not forget 18b11. Pineapple and vanilla delight!

- - - Updated - - -

17w01 had an amazing apple note but i felt it got too dark in the drydown, the dark notes were a little too much and unbalanced. But i didnt let it fully age, so...
    17W01 is very good now. still very fruity, a sharp but sweet candy apple with a perfect balance of fruit to dark notes. 17W11 on the other hand turned to a creamy birch bomb (vintage level birch) so the performance is insane but not well balanced. the creamyness is quite strange and doesn't smell balanced with the top-end anymore.

glad to hear i'm not alone, i've heard 18G02 is very close to G11 and some even prefer it. so G02/G11 are gold if you like your aventus pineapple with an apply kick. like the guy said above 18G even has callbacks to 2015 batches with its dank fruityness, just with more apple. K11 is a little different again and more of what i'm looking for with that apple vibe. it was a batch that started really weak but the magic has happened as it opened up (must be the particles lol). i get a lot of compliments with G11/K11 as batches with a stronger apple note seem to work for me. D02 wasn't as tangy so not my thing but K01 (clear version) is something totally different (no real pineapple OR apple but instead red/purple fruit) and again very awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

17W01 is very good now. still very fruity, a sharp but sweet candy apple with a perfect balance of fruit to dark notes. 17W11 on the other hand turned to a creamy birch bomb (vintage level birch) so the performance is insane but not well balanced. the creamyness is quite strange and doesn't smell balanced with the top-end anymore.
    Wow i wish i had kepy the 17w01 instead of selling it. So you like it better then 17w11 i take it?

Wow i wish i had kepy the 17w01 instead of selling it. So you like it better then 17w11 i take it?
    yup it just maintained a better balance and has a distinct apple whereas w11 was more pineapply. W11 is stronger, smelled amazing when it was new and the pineapple was still popping along with the dank. but now the base notes (both vanilla & birch) have taken over and it's not so good anymore, in particular the way the vanilla interacts with the birch. though it's still a coveted batch by performance mongers, which to be fair is most people - ISO longevity & projection. the only other 2017 batch worth mentioning would be 17T01, though again that changed it's balance as it matured with the vanilla.

Was going to buy a bottle over the phone with a SA I deal with at NM in Las Vegas. Should I ask her to check batches on the box or just whatever she pulls go with it?

Basenotes Plus

17W11 had mouth watering pineapple lol, I cried with joy when wearing it like is this really happening haha smelled amazing and imo the perfect batch when it ages it got stronger and darker was 10/10 for me.

Yeah 17W11 was a beauty, very tart fruit that could almost make your eyes water , pretty heavy on the vanilla too from what I remember

2016 > 2015 > 2018 > 2017 > 2019

2018 ahead of the others only by virtue of the G/K series, the best batches since early 2016. 2017 had the W series which was a standout whereas 2019 is kind of middling, robust batches but ultimately bland. nothing truly special just solid everyday aventus.

what 2016 batches do you have @wilfred, and how's your assessment to them if you dont mind. Got some 16's myself

Quote Originally Posted by jr_g666 View Post
    what 2016 batches do you have @wilfred, and how's your assessment to them if you dont mind. Got some 16's myself
    i smelled/owned them all but only kept my faves - 16C01 & 16H11. i'm not in the business of batch collecting only keeping the best of the best. these two are on another level to the 17 onward batches but same reasoning aventus apple. i've spoke about them plenty in the thread before.

16 kind of has something for everyone, A01 is popular for those who like their aventus sweet, E series is balanced dank pineapple, D is ultra woody etc.
    Last edited by wilfred; 17th February 2020 at 09:17 PM.

Page 485 of 491 FirstFirst ... 385 435 475 483 484 485 486 487 ... LastLast