Code of Conduct
Page 496 of 500 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 494 495 496 497 498 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,880 of 14992

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by gameboer View Post
    I own several 19 batches, 19U01, 19S01, S11, S41. They all smell the same to me. I'd say 19S01 does have better performance/longevity though. I just don't understand how some batches get bashed and rated f*cking trash, while others get hyped, knowing they smell 99% the same.
    I think there has been far less variation in batches since mid 18, and certainly the 19s show more similarities than any previous year to my nose.
    But the variances were there, albeit with one element standing out above others. Take 2016 - A01 (vanilla), D01 (wood), K01 (meh), L01 (mixed fruit) and M01 (dank) are just a few examples of productions within a few months of eachother which were different.
    As for the bashing/hyping, I'd agree with Wilfred that whoever has the relevant flacon to split and speaks loudest will have a major influence in an arena where so many haven't got a clue.

How is the performance on Aventus Creed 2020?
    15 hours?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    funny how stock of the earlier batches dries up and suddenly the new ones have improved. i'm sure many of those people are decanting/raffling it too.
    Yup, this thread has longed outlived its useful purpose back when there really and truly were major differences in batches. Now it's "hey, I just get ahold of this new batch (that I'm totally not decanting on ebay or anything) and the smoke is back (even though that's complete bullshit unless Creed is somehow abandoning IFRA compliance)!"

Does anyone have experience with 19S21 or 19U11 and can comment on longevity and performance? I have a decant of 19S11 - I like it but looking for something more on the fresher/stronger pineapple side while still having good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by gameboer View Post
    I own several 19 batches, 19U01, 19S01, S11, S41. They all smell the same to me. I'd say 19S01 does have better performance/longevity though. I just don't understand how some batches get bashed and rated f*cking trash, while others get hyped, knowing they smell 99% the same.
    I think the consensus is that 19s are quite similar to one another and suggests an increasing uniformity among batches, especially know that Creed has outside investors. I really love the freshness of the 19s but Creed has completely neutered the base. It's still great but I miss the complexity older batches had.
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    I think the consensus is that 19s are quite similar to one another and suggests an increasing uniformity among batches, especially know that Creed has outside investors. I really love the freshness of the 19s but Creed has completely neutered the base. It's still great but I miss the complexity older batches had.
    funny i get the opposite from the 19s more or less. heavy mid-base and strong performing but lacking top-end sparkle aside for a couple of blips.

easily my least favourite year, bland fruit and the most 'squashed' version of aventus yet.
    Currently wearing: Chrome Aqua by Azzaro

funny i get the opposite from the 19s more or less. heavy mid-base and strong performing but lacking top-end sparkle aside for a couple of blips.

easily my least favourite year, bland fruit and the most 'squashed' version of aventus yet.
    Interesting. I just don't get the rich dry down that I associate with, say, 15R01 or 16M01. Instead, I get an echo of that while still maintaining a bit of fruitiness.

Interesting. I just don't get the rich dry down that I associate with, say, 15R01 or 16M01. Instead, I get an echo of that while still maintaining a bit of fruitiness.
    if you go back to 18G11/K11 the fruityness was much more popping and with the apple. that's the sort of thing i'm after none of the 19s had that for me. those batches really pop.

so I went ahead and bought myself a decant of 19Y11N, and all I can say is that this is some awesome stuff. It sure is different from the 18s and the other 19s, but it has it"s own magic. It's not very fruity and the vanilla is toned down, but it has a lingering aura that I'm getting like 6 hours after applying 4 sprays on myself. Even though it is not very fruity I still got some pineapple, and also some apple in the opening and now after 6 I'm still getting the apple. This batch is earthy and dank.

was kindly sent some 19Y11N to test.

it's good.

Basenotes Member

was kindly sent some 19Y11N to test.

it's good.
    Better than 19U01 ?

I received a sample of 19S01 today.

The opening is good but it disappears a few minutes after spraying. I will give it several more wears before concluding.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhighway View Post
    Better than 19U01 ?
    well that is the million dollar question

let me come back with a review further down the line.

standard disclaimer on fresh juice - performance mongers won't be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I received a sample of 19S01 today.

The opening is good but it disappears a few minutes after spraying. I will give it several more wears before concluding.
    I'm very anosmic to 19s. You might be as well. Some months ago I put on 2-3 sprays of 19P01 and it seemed to disappear within the hour. I met a friend at a cafe and the barista commented on the scent some 10-15 feet away...

I'm very anosmic to 19s. You might be as well. Some months ago I put on 2-3 sprays of 19P01 and it seemed to disappear within the hour. I met a friend at a cafe and the barista commented on the scent some 10-15 feet away...
    I can understand this. Aventus has behaved on and off like this since the first batch way back in 2010 (yikes has it really been ten years?).

The weird thing is I sprayed it on my wife and it has disappeared on her as well. I can’t smell and neither can she. However, I did get a whiff of it on her about four hours later.

The one recent batch that comes to mind that didn’t do the Houdini thing was 16M01. But that’s long gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I can understand this. Aventus has behaved on and off like this since the first batch way back in 2010 (yikes has it really been ten years?).

The weird thing is I sprayed it on my wife and it has disappeared on her as well. I can’t smell and neither can she. However, I did get a whiff of it on her about four hours later.

The one recent batch that comes to mind that didn’t do the Houdini thing was 16M01. But that’s long gone now.
    16M01 is definitely the Houdini batch haha. I know when I'd spray in the vicinity of my SO we'd both become anosmic to it as well given the proximity if that helps some. I find the anosmia frustrating because when I wear a frag I want to smell it first and foremost.

Anyone with experience with 19u11? Heard it’s a very pineapple heavy batch but wondering how the longevity, projection and spillage are.

16M01 is definitely the Houdini batch haha. I know when I'd spray in the vicinity of my SO we'd both become anosmic to it as well given the proximity if that helps some. I find the anosmia frustrating because when I wear a frag I want to smell it first and foremost.
    My thoughts exactly. If I can’t smell it, I find it hard to justify the cost...

Depends. If you had a newly unsprayed bottle it performs like a Houdini but if you put a dent in the bottle with 10-20 ml missing. It starts performing much better and you’ll notice it for as long as it lasts. At least from my experience. I’ve had 2 bottles of 16m01 and a decant.

19y11n i love the opening it's fruity as heck and very refreshing. hits you with a whole bunch of tangy-candy fruit balanced by a slight creamyness. pineapple not prominent which is ideal for me and a perfect summer batch, not too sharp or heavy. drydown less impressive but par the course for any recent aventus. closest thing from other 19s is 19s31? but the fruit here is nicer still. get 19u01 if you want something with a deeper smelling drydown. this one is pretty light & fruity for now. it could well develop, one to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by scrizzFX View Post
    Depends. If you had a newly unsprayed bottle it performs like a Houdini but if you put a dent in the bottle with 10-20 ml missing. It starts performing much better and you’ll notice it for as long as it lasts. At least from my experience. I’ve had 2 bottles of 16m01 and a decant.
    How much 16M do you have left? That's such a great batch. I'm rocking mostly 19s these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Unprocessed View Post
    Does anyone have experience with 19S21 or 19U11 and can comment on longevity and performance? I have a decant of 19S11 - I like it but looking for something more on the fresher/stronger pineapple side while still having good performance.
    I have a 19S21 tester bottle. Smells like a caramelised creamy sweet pineapple at the top with refreshing citrus undertone supported by a woody base. Performance is great, I have very dry skin that devours fragrances, as a point of reference 16M01 and 17T01 disappear on my wrist in roughly 6-7 hours, but 19S21 lasts roughly 8-9 hours on me. IMO one of the better batches after 2016.

19y11n i love the opening it's fruity as heck and very refreshing. hits you with a whole bunch of tangy-candy fruit balanced by a slight creamyness. pineapple not prominent which is ideal for me and a perfect summer batch, not too sharp or heavy. drydown less impressive but par the course for any recent aventus. closest thing from other 19s is 19s31? but the fruit here is nicer still. get 19u01 if you want something with a deeper smelling drydown. this one is pretty light & fruity for now. it could well develop, one to watch.
    Yep, I agree here. I've already worn about 60mls of 19Y11N. It's softer, more diffuse/ airy than pre-reformulation 19s. Has a slight orangish/creamsicle hint in the opening. It seems to me that it is still improving and might not have topped out. 19Y11 is the most pleasing reformulation batch I've smelled to date. I have not tried 19Z01N though.

I sold my 16m01 which has 100-105 ml left in it. I sold it because I’ve held onto 16m01 for quite some time and thought I should try a different batch. Now I wish I held onto it because I can’t find one as green or mossy as 16m lol

Quote Originally Posted by scrizzFX View Post
    I sold my 16m01 which has 100-105 ml left in it. I sold it because I’ve held onto 16m01 for quite some time and thought I should try a different batch. Now I wish I held onto it because I can’t find one as green or mossy as 16m lol
    Ah dang. I've done that with batches and frags before too. What's bottle of 16M going for these days? I have about 25ml of a decant left. I may just put it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Unprocessed View Post
    I have 19U11 I get very good performance from it. Pineapple stays present through the mid notes and it’s heavy on the birch from the mid through the base.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Thanks. A good performing heavy pineapple/birch is exactly what I was looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eriqesque View Post
    I have 19U11 I get very good performance from it. Pineapple stays present through the mid notes and it’s heavy on the birch from the mid through the base.
    Trying out my 19u11 decant. Definitely fresher than my 19s11 decant (the pineapple in S11 is great on the opening but quickly fades after a few minutes). Not getting a ton of sillage or projection on U11, but the wafts definitely smell good. Im now a believer is batch variations, very clear difference in the strength of the notes.

Default After the 2019 reformulation how is aventus?

I had a 2017 bottle and want to finally buy another one after a long time. Is the performance, smell the same?

If yes I would buy one since I absolutely love the smell...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: After the 2019 reformulation how is aventus?

To answer the thread question, for me - fine.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: After the 2019 reformulation how is aventus?

2019 produced some of the worst batches ever.

Page 496 of 500 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 494 495 496 497 498 ... LastLast