Code of Conduct
Page 51 of 471 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 14112

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    Disappointed so far with 2016. I know for a fact that creed reads this board... You'd think they would take the hint.

BRING BACK THE F'IN SMOKE... Now.
    I agree they need to change the name.

2014-16 Aventus Island batches (Pineapple blast)
    2010-13 Aventus (The formula that won an award that year and made it famous)
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

xxsjxx1

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinyoda View Post
    I agree they need to change the name.

2014-16 Aventus Island batches (Pineapple blast)
    2010-13 Aventus (The formula that won an award that year and made it famous)
    Y'all are too nice, let's look at the facts.

Price is going up

Quality and consistency is going down.

Nuff said.

Banned

The irony of the smokers lounge is most delicious as folks whined, complained and were generally up in arms about the uber smoky batches back in the day and the "prized bottles" were those that were either balanced or heavier on the fruit and when they listened and gave you what you wanted you seek the other instead?

In my opinion the curve ball that was X01 was their attempt at a redo using the 2013 formula minus the banned/limited chemicals and they did a fairly decent job at approximating a lot of the elements with what they've got. Also as I've mentioned before you can tell they've refined the scent again and again to bring it more and more commercial appeal for if you were to test a 2010 batch against a 2015 one for the first time on a cross section of the public (ie not rabid juice heads) they would all go for the latter.

Want a prediction?

Creed will drop a smoke on top of smoke, black as the Ace of Spades batch of Aventus in 2016 and folks will complain on the boards.

At this rate with the quality going downhill and performances as well, not to mention the ridiculous price hike. I predict that all hype will go away in about a year to two years and that's it and this thread will finally be closed for good.
    If there's any houses out there that can get some of the vintage stuff and take it to a lab, break it down to reproduce it. They will make a killing $$$$$$$$$.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Blog Entries

I don't think people are necessarily asking for a ton of smoke. Y11 is nice because the smoke is noticeable again. Increase it a bit more and I think that would be where most people would want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinyoda View Post
    At this rate with the quality going downhill and performances as well, not to mention the ridiculous price hike. I predict that all hype will go away in about a year to two years and that's it and this thread will finally be closed for good.
    If there's any houses out there that can get some of the vintage stuff and take it to a lab, break it down to reproduce it. They will make a killing $$$$$$$$$.
    i don't know. i'm a frag-newbie and i found Aventus because of the hype and love it. BUT i DO NOT love it because of the hype. the quality is amazing and the performace... it's the second most long lasting fragrance (after Kouros) in my 20 bottles collection. 2-3 sprays and it easily lasts 5-6 hours on my dry skin, that usually eats almost every fragrances within 2-3 hours.

was the very first batch better than the newest ones? maybe. maybe not. i don't know. old stuff is always better, right? ...
    Last edited by slickadam; 15th March 2016 at 12:49 PM.

In 14, they completely took the smoke out. Even if its a little smooky/wood base that's cool,but they completely took it out. That's what made Aventus, well, Aventus. I dont know about you guys but I walked around in 14 smelling like a pineapple and sour citrus and it wasn't even appealing. The ones I owned ( 4 of them) I even got a rose smell occasionally and it wasnt even smelling right. Taking the oak moss or birch, or whatever out completely FUBARRED the juice. Its good to see the later 15 batches at least attempt to regain what made it popular. For me at least. All I know is I smell good today, and this is because they made a half-assed attempt to correct it.
    Last edited by Jowan; 15th March 2016 at 02:09 PM.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Banned

Agreed, the 14s were a turbulent time in the life of young Aventus as it was going through that awkward adolescent stage where it had given up its 40 a day smoking habit and was transitioning onto nicotine patches and gums, much to the chagrin of folks who like a bit of ash with their pineapple fresh. Solely due to cleaning up its act did it realize how fresh and bracing the scent was, not to mention linear and lacking in depth so it decided that in the 15s it would start walking very slowly past the smokers on its way into the office at the beginning of a day in order to add a bit of bite back into its life as it inhaled deeply and remembered old nicotine laced glories.

Who knows what the 16s and 17s will bring?

Will our friend fall off the wagon and go on a smoke crazy cigarette binge or will he become an ultra conservative, vegan friendly, environmentally aware type or a bizarre juxtaposition of the two? Who knows and knew?

And now onto Stuart with the local news...

Quote Originally Posted by jcbadcura View Post
    Have you tried the Y11? This one rivals X01 in darkness/smokiness imo...it's kind of awesome actually.
    I have x01 and it barely lasts. What's a better alternative for longevity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Creed Aventus is my all time favorite

Great read, Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    Lmao oh please.... Creed is the only fragrance house on earth that can't make a consistent product? I'm not that naive.
    I agree with your point and I'm not saying it shouldn't be consistent but is there really anything else LIKE Aventus? To me, it gets a pass on that merit alone, not that it doesn't make it any less frustrating!

Aventus
    GIT
    The One EdP
    Valentino V
    Pour Homme II
    Rose 31
    Platinum Egoiste
    Acqua Di Gio Essenza
    Tuscan Leather
    Dress Code
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by Gonza View Post
    Do you feel the ash vibe is extremely smooth in 13U01? This is not campfire like maybe other vintage batches, but the ash vibe is quite prominent and the drydown is very nice, I like it a lot
    i felt the 13U01 was a great balanced batch, i only did a few wearing, but i didnt find it very smoky, but enough to compliment the mid and dry-down. I didn't get any ash vibe with it, the only batch (out of the 13's)i can smell an ash note is in the 13X01, but its beautiful, I wish more batches would have a nice ash note to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    In 14, they completely took the smoke out. Even if its a little smooky/wood base that's cool,but they completely took it out. That's what made Aventus, well, Aventus. I dont know about you guys but I walked around in 14 smelling like a pineapple and sour citrus and it wasn't even appealing. The ones I owned ( 4 of them) I even got a rose smell occasionally and it wasnt even smelling right. Taking the oak moss or birch, or whatever out completely FUBARRED the juice. Its good to see the later 15 batches at least attempt to regain what made it popular. For me at least. All I know is I smell good today, and this is because they made a half-assed attempt to correct it.
    I thought they did a pretty good job towards the end of the 14's. 14g01 and 14k01 brought out a nice strong pineapple dominated batch, while 14l01 and 14m01 took it a darker route with black current and a stronger woodsy note. 14m01 still remains one of my favorites.
    I'm Looking for Aventus 12E01 to buy, or if you have any older batches for sale please inbox me.

Quote Originally Posted by talk2bilal View Post

I haven't spent enough time w Y11 to check longevity although the opening is great and very dark like X01.

So far I've had best longevity with X21 but w the 2015 batches, while they've been getting good they'll probably only last so long because of the ingredients limitation.

You will still likely need to do like Merlin suggests and get a travel sprayer to reapply on long days.

Hope that helps Bilal, your questions and frustrations are a big reason for my Aventus batch collection/addiction lol I think you want what we are all searching for. It may no longer exist but it's a fun journey and I'm sure you'll know once an acceptable solution to this dilemma is discovered.

Jake

Aventus
    GIT
    The One EdP
    Valentino V
    Pour Homme II
    Rose 31
    Platinum Egoiste
    Acqua Di Gio Essenza
    Tuscan Leather
    Dress Code

Quote Originally Posted by talk2bilal View Post

Well better alternative for longevity is just get 11Z01 batch and you won't regret it and hope your longevity issue will be resolved permanently or just do what Merlin do( as Pat suggested too) just get a small sprayer and put your Aventus in it and reapply after every 2 or 3 hrs or when you feel the need to reapply, or wait next few years till then everyone will be saying oh 15 batches were awesome they had good longevity of 6, 7 hours and then we all will be searching for 15 batches and the stickers will be selling their 15 batches stock in 5 mls or 10 mls....!

ScentiMental
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Pat b View Post
    I thought they did a pretty good job towards the end of the 14's. 14g01 and 14k01 brought out a nice strong pineapple dominated batch, while 14l01 and 14m01 took it a darker route with black current and a stronger woodsy note. 14m01 still remains one of my favorites.
    I agree, I like what they started doing toward the end of 2014, as well as toward the end of 2015. 14L01 is definitely one of my favorites. Curious what your take is on the difference between 14L01 and 14M01, as I've never smelled the m01 but seem to recall comments from others that those two batches seemed nearly identical.

Also, for the masses, has anyone recently purchased a 75 ml from Amazon? If so, what batch have you gotten? Their pricing is all over the place but they sometimes have 75 ml bottles at a really good price. I'm curious what batches they've been sending though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so here are the batches I got from buying 95% full bottles from Fragrantica on ebay....ready for this?

2.5 oz. A42B11S01
    4 oz A42B12C02

Bottles seem legit...cap missing on the 2.5oz 11S01 and the 4oz 12C02 has a sticker with Arabic writing.

I thought I kinda hit the batch lottery but the juice in the 11 is yellow and smells terribly weak and foul while the 12 has a foul/sour opening followed by VERY dull and raunchy drydown...there's definitely old Aventus in them but they are well past their prime.

Anyone know of any Aventus restoration techniques? Ha.
    Last edited by jcbadcura; 16th March 2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: bold batches and typo correction, delete quoted post

Aventus
    GIT
    The One EdP
    Valentino V
    Pour Homme II
    Rose 31
    Platinum Egoiste
    Acqua Di Gio Essenza
    Tuscan Leather
    Dress Code

Picking up a 12E02 tomorrow. Will report back

Happens to the best of them. I have an 80% full 4 oz bottle of 11Z01 that went completely bad.

The top notes were destroyed and the fragrance lasted an hour.

Aventus DOES NOT get better with age!*

*(If improperly stored by previous owner)

Quote Originally Posted by jcbadcura View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Ok so here are the batches I got from buying 95% full bottles from Fragrantica on ebay....ready for this?

2.5 oz. A42B11S01
    4 oz A42B12C02

Bottles seem legit...cap missing on the 2.5oz 11S01 and the 4oz 12C02 has a sticker with Arabic writing.

I thought I kinda hit the batch lottery but the juice in the 11 is yellow and smells terribly weak and foul while the 12 has a foul/sour opening followed by VERY dull and raunchy drydown...there's definitely old Aventus in them but they are well past their prime.

Facebook group: The Raffle Lounge --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/274183356447838/

Unfortunately no, Adam. I'm hoping my brothers other bottle.of 12 E02 is in pristine condition when I pick it up tomorrow. I went through a phase were I gave bottles to my family, and now 3 years later, if you don't wear it, I'm taking it back. Although I'm basically having a fragrance relationship with Y11 at the moment, I am reclaiming my bottles of previous Aventus gifts to those who didn't wear it. It's hard finding fellow frag heads. I had 3 close relatives tell me they still have full bottles. No shame in taking them back, I'll just give them a few atomizers of Savauge or ADP Profumo. Apparently this is more up their ally. They weren't ready for the Pineapple Smoke bomb.
    Last edited by Jowan; 16th March 2016 at 02:31 AM.

Basenotes Member

Today I used a 13Z01 bottle I got off eBay the other week. No pineapple or smoke that I can detect. Might be a heavy Apple/blackcurrant batch.

Default Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Are you talking about me buddy. Lol

Or are you talking about one of these little guys

Remember folks don't leave home without it. It's the other half of Aventus.
    Last edited by Merlinyoda; 16th March 2016 at 06:39 AM.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Happens to the best of them. I have an 80% full 4 oz bottle of 11Z01 that went completely bad.

The top notes were destroyed and the fragrance lasted an hour.

Aventus DOES NOT get better with age!*

*(If improperly stored by previous owner)
    I concur with Adam 12.

Legendary batches can go either way if properly stored they would remain legendary if not properly stored, oxidation and some Cumba Matata will definitely destroy the juice performance.
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    Picking up a 12E02 tomorrow. Will report back
    One of the best batches for me, there is something in this particular one that you will not find in any of the others. I'll speak on it after you smell to see what you discover as some really like this "feature" and others hate it.

Good morning friends! Have anyone here had any information about batch 13R01, how's this batch and the other breakdowns?
    Thanx.

ScentiMental
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by ScentiMentalOne View Post
    Good morning friends! Have anyone here had any information about batch 13R01, how's this batch and the other breakdowns?
    Thanx.

ScentiMental
    I have a 4oz of it, quite like it. I find the smoke to be more bracing and astringent, as opposed to rich, deep campfire smoke of others. I think it's fairly balanced compared to other 13 batches, but not quite as much as 13W01. We all have different tastes, but I really really like it and certainly prefer it to 13W01. I've probably tried far fewer batches than many others here, so I'm sure you'll get another take from someone more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    I agree, I like what they started doing toward the end of 2014, as well as toward the end of 2015. 14L01 is definitely one of my favorites. Curious what your take is on the difference between 14L01 and 14M01, as I've never smelled the m01 but seem to recall comments from others that those two batches seemed nearly identical.

Also, for the masses, has anyone recently purchased a 75 ml from Amazon? If so, what batch have you gotten? Their pricing is all over the place but they sometimes have 75 ml bottles at a really good price. I'm curious what batches they've been sending though.
    Yes, alot have said they are very similiar, but at least to my nose and the 2 batches of them i have, i would say 14L01 has a stronger pineapple in it, while the 14M01 is a little darker than the 14l01, i also think the drydown is stronger and more masculine in the 14m01, while the opening and mid of the 14l01 is more fruity, but thats just my nose.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by ScentiMentalOne View Post
    Thanx.

ScentiMental

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    I have a 4oz of it, quite like it. I find the smoke to be more bracing and astringent, as opposed to rich, deep campfire smoke of others. I think it's fairly balanced compared to other 13 batches, but not quite as much as 13W01. We all have different tastes, but I really really like it and certainly prefer it to 13W01. I've probably tried far fewer batches than many others here, so I'm sure you'll get another take from someone more helpful.
    I had a 4oz bottle of 13R01 that very reluctantly i had to sell as part of a trade. I found the opening the most unique of all the 13's i have tried, and thats at least 8 of them. I would say it was balanced more towards the fruit side at about 60/40, maybe even 70/30, but i had been wearing 13x01 alot which is very smoky, so maybe thats why i didnt consider it very smoky, also the opening was the star of the show, it has more vanilla and or rose with the pineapple giving it a really unique smell almost creamy and reminds me alittle of the opening in 11s01.
    I'm Looking for Aventus 12E01 to buy, or if you have any older batches for sale please inbox me.

Yes, alot have said they are very similiar, but at least to my nose and the 2 batches of them i have, i would say 14L01 has a stronger pineapple in it, while the 14M01 is a little darker than the 14l01, i also think the drydown is stronger and more masculine in the 14m01, while the opening and mid of the 14l01 is more fruity, but thats just my nose.
    Thank you for the comparison Pat! Those aspects of 14m01 sound nice to me as I've found I'm drawn to the darker batches with deeper/stronger bases.

Wow guys... the database has 96 reviews!

If you checkout the spreadsheet, you can sort the columns by year. It's interesting to see how Aventus has changed over time. It's most notable with the smoke and birch accords. Although, it seems like there are a few 15 batches that people claim are rather smokey.

The links are in my signature below.
    ∙∙∙ The Ultimate Aventus Batch Variation Database - Add your batch reviews and see the subtle variations in Aventus batches

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post

Amazon is alot like ebay, they use 2nd hand sellers with some having good feedback and some with very bad feedback. I would be just as cautious with amazon as with ebay.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Amazon is alot like ebay, they use 2nd hand sellers with some having good feedback and some with very bad feedback. I would be just as cautious with amazon as with ebay.
    This. I actually am more likely to buy more expensive frags on eBay than on Amazon. I think Amazon is great for lots of designer stuff, but even for that, I'll only buy it when it's eligible for Prime/it lists as "Sold by and ships from Amazon" or whatever it says. I've never bought a Creed on Amazon, not sure if I ever would because I have great luck elsewhere. I can't personally speak to how they do with Creed.

I can speak to how often and how wildly pricing fluctuates though. I have a bunch of stuff in my "Save for Later" area and every single day something changes. Sometimes it's by 3 cents, other times its like $45. Recently saw a 2.5oz Original Vetiver go from $135 to $180 overnight.

Page 51 of 471 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast