Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 376 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Aventus batch numbers, part 2

The first batch thread is getting very long so we are going to close it soon. If you want to comment on the posts in the first thread, please do so now, and use this thread to start any new discussions.

For future reference, the first thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

Added by Grant:

• Please do not use this thread to promote marketplace sales you may have
    • Please do not use this thread if you wish to belittle or mock people who wish to discuss batch numbers.
    Last edited by Grant; 15th December 2015 at 09:08 PM.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Personally I think all of this has ran its course. Newsflash at 11, the juice has changed. Some say for the better whilst others for the worse.

The batch variations are there but nowhere near what they were as everything from late 2014 onwards has been but variations on a theme akin to listening to the same song with different equalizer settings whereas the earlier years could be compared to the same band and vocalist doing different live renditions and the variation of chance this brings.

If you like the juice, enjoy it for what it is as whichever batch or incarnation its still miles better than anything else.

I got a full wearing of this today and really enjoyed it. If 15U11 was a lighter, crisper, pineapple heavy batch then 15x01 was more like roasted pineapple. Not smoky, ashy, sooty or pinesol like. Woody base with roasted pineapple on the top. Excellent performance as usual. Very impressed with both 15U11 and 15X01. Got a compliment so all is good. Interested in hearing other opinions on these. I like the direction Aventus is going with some of the latest batches.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Just bought 120ml for 140 euro at elysees parfums creed is kinda cheap if you inform yourself well and have patience.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post

enjoy it for what it is as whichever batch or incarnation its still miles better than anything else.
    "Miles better than anything else"
    ANYTHING ELSE, including any Guerlain masterpieces, vintage Chanels, avant garde Roja Dove efforts, anything by Clive Christian, anything at all ever, by anyone.
    Well thanks for your objective opinion

Quote Originally Posted by VGuillaume View Post
    Just bought 120ml for 140 euro at elysees parfums creed is kinda cheap if you inform yourself well and have patience.
    Way to go she quoted me 225 euros delivered to the states.

I was like say what?
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    ANYTHING ELSE, including any Guerlain masterpieces, vintage Chanels, avant garde Roja Dove efforts, anything by Clive Christian, anything at all ever, by anyone.
    Pull your skirt down friend, tis only my opinion. When it comes to versatility, aroma, relative pricing, ease of availability and personal enjoyment ill happily put Aventus up against any on your list.

To me it is nearly the perfect fragrance and I enjoy its nuances, character and facets that get expressed in the multitude of batches but most of all I just enjoy the way it smells - in any incarnation as they are all unmistakably aventian (see that neologism there, just rolled it out on you like POW!) and tickle my joy receptors with each application.

You're free to enjoy what gives you the same level of fun and amusement, my opinion is only to help, never harm fellow adventurers.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Your masterpieces are another mans shite. Its just how this thing works. Your objective opinion is that the ones you mentioned are better.......for you.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 16th December 2015 at 05:57 PM.

This thread has already hit the fan. Literally.
    Currently wearing: Brutus by Orto Parisi

Quote Originally Posted by fragrantseller View Post
    This thread has already hit the fan. Literally.
    Agreed.

How's that? I checked and it was €185, I don't know how you guys get your Aventus so cheap,

ScentiMental

Got 20% off by using the christmas coupon

Anyone know if ordering off Nordstrom website if they are shipping x01 on the 4oz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Creed Aventus is my all time favorite

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Got 20% off by using the christmas coupon
    Yes that is a very nice incentive.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Where is that coupon please?
    1. Dior - Homme/Intense (vintage)

Creed - Aventus

Amouage - Jubilation XXV

Amouage - Reflection Man

Dior - Feve Delicious

Hermes - Terre d'Hermes

Parfums De Marly - Herod

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Serge Lutens - Chergui

10. Lalique - Encre Noire Extreme

Life's too short for average fragrances.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by psyside View Post
    Where is that coupon please?
    Right on their home page: 2015-cadeau

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks hednic
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Banned

[QUOTE=Palmolive;3710513]

To me it is nearly the perfect fragrance and I enjoy its nuances, character and facets that get expressed in the multitude of batches but most of all I just enjoy the way it smells - in any incarnation as they are all unmistakably aventian (see that neologism there, just rolled it out on you like POW!) and tickle my joy receptors with each application.

Fleeting impression of 15x01:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this stuff immediately reminded me of 13x01. I haven't opened the flacon yet, but it's smell through the packaging is very evident and it's got that familiar musky undertone that was very subdued in 15u11. I've also got a blocked nose at the moment but I concur with the comment that this has more of a roasted pineapple vibe in comparison to the bright sparkling note in u11.

Full impressions will come after a wearing but I will say that I'm surprised and interested by the initial impression from this batch. The fact that it smells so strongly through the packaging is also testament to its potency.

Has anyone given this a full wear yet? I'm interested to see if they've bought back the complexity and transitions between notes during its wear like 13x does as the 15 batches were pretty linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Fleeting impression of 15x01:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this stuff immediately reminded me of 13x01. I haven't opened the flacon yet, but it's smell through the packaging is very evident and it's got that familiar musky undertone that was very subdued in 15u11. I've also got a blocked nose at the moment but I concur with the comment that this has more of a roasted pineapple vibe in comparison to the bright sparkling note in u11.

Full impressions will come after a wearing but I will say that I'm surprised and interested by the initial impression from this batch. The fact that it smells so strongly through the packaging is also testament to its potency.

Has anyone given this a full wear yet? I'm interested to see if they've bought back the complexity and transitions between notes during its wear like 13x does as the 15 batches were pretty linear.
    I have 15X01 on the way, and i also have a bottle of 13X01 which is my favorite, if the 15X01 in anyway shape or form reminds me of the 13X01, ill be very happy. Ill do a side by side comparison and post my thoughts.

Also a question for all...whats the smokiest batch you have ever smelled???

Quote Originally Posted by Pat b View Post
    I have 15X01 on the way, and i also have a bottle of 13X01 which is my favorite, if the 15X01 in anyway shape or form reminds me of the 13X01, ill be very happy. Ill do a side by side comparison and post my thoughts.

Also a question for all...whats the smokiest batch you have ever smelled???
    Please do. For me its the mossy elements that give it that 13x feel. They are much more pronounced than they have been over the past couple of years, tie that in with a darker pineapple in the opening and you have my initial impression. The previous batches were all much brighter/lighter/airier whereas 15x appears to have a bit of that roughness back that the 2013 batches had.

Can't comment on the smoke in this one but out of the old ones I'd say.... 11S, 11X, 12E and 13R had a nice mixture and produced a great vibe.

Banned

Alright, fine. I'll share my latest find with the crew here: I was at Neiman Marcus over the weekend at Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas where they have a 13Q02 batch (4oz) back in the men's department. I did not end up buying it, so have it y'all.

It was a very birchy/smoky batch with pineapple floating on top and not much else. Pretty decent if you ask me... But I'm happy with my 13ZZ01.

Good luck.

Wow I'm seeing a lot of great things about 15x01!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    Wow I'm seeing a lot of great things about 15x01!
    For me I think its the best of 2015.
    Juicy-fresh cut pineapple at first (instead of a sharp-sour pineapple in some batches like 15U11) that quickly turn into a darker roasted pineapple.
    With the nice touch of moss/woods/musk and later a hint of vanilla its heaven! Almost 100% identical to my 13Z01.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztek View Post
    Juicy-fresh cut pineapple at first (instead of a sharp-sour pineapple in some batches like 15U11) that quickly turn into a darker roasted pineapple.
    With the nice touch of moss/woods/musk and later a hint of vanilla its heaven! Almost 100% identical to my 13Z01.
    Agree 100%. How was the performance on you?

Banned

Almost 100% identical to my 13Z01.
    From what I remember having owned a 13Z01 for a short time, it was a blackcurrant beast. So 15X01 is prominent on the blackcurrant?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    Agree 100%. How was the performance on you?
    I would say quite good. I mean, longevity is excellent (like all creed I got, still have some hint of it 24h later) but the projection or the "strength" is a kind of smooth.
    I asked people around me, from many feet away, they smell me quite good but its more of a subtle, smooth and soft scent rather than a big punch in their face! lol
    But I think thats the same thing with all 2014 and 2015 batches. Like, even if I spray 6-7 right before going in a little closed space like a car or an elevator, its still smooth. But I remember with my 2011 and 2012 batches, If I put like more than 3 sprays in an elevator or a car they all kind of suffocated. It was so STRONG and thats what I liked!

Anyways.. 15X01 is excellent and love it! Just added my 2 drop of birch just to add more smoke but even without that its still super. If the future batches are going in the same way than 15x01 it would be very nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    From what I remember having owned a 13Z01 for a short time, it was a blackcurrant beast. So 15X01 is prominent on the blackcurrant?
    Well, not really blackcurrant prominent but its surely one of the, if not THE batch of 2015 with more "blackcurrant style like 13z01".
    Or maybe its just the pineapple that is so smooth and darker at first that makes it feel this way.
    Last edited by Dolce_Vita87; 16th December 2015 at 10:55 PM.

Not many have tried 15U01, but this is why i think i like it so much..darker pineapple...nice touch of moss/woods/musk..feels like a a richer batch then the other 15's i have, hoping 15X01 is the same

Basenotes Plus

Yes, I feel that 15x01 is richer and have more depth and the famous darker/smoky side than those 2015 batches like U11 or 15R.. which are like a super crazy fruit cocktail. Its sure that it could be more smoky because I prefer the smokier batches but for now, since we have to deal with almost no more birch/smoke, I think 15x01 is the one that recreate the best vibe that I like. Its a bit like the 14M01 of 2014.

That does sound great. In my opinion 13z01 truly was blackcurrant heavy though with far too little pineapple but I think I get what you mean. Hope I get to try some before it's all gone.