Code of Conduct

Question Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille reformulation?

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing well!

After testing TV out for many years, I finally got around to buying myself a bottle this week. However upon wearing, to my surprise, the fragrance seems different and has a much more pronounced tobacco note on the top (similar to Gucci Pour Homme, but much more authentic)!

It's a fragrance I fell in love with back in 2012, and it seems since then the formulation has been quite consistent until I bought this recent bottle.

Has anyone noticed this?

Cheers!

CW

Default Re: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille reformulation?

Notice the same thing with Noir De Noir. Doesn't seem as potent as earlier years.
    Currently wearing: Rykiel Man by Sonia Rykiel

Banned

I smelled it at my local Saks Fifth Ave just 2 weeks ago. It smells every bit as good as it ever was!

I sniffed TV last year for first time, and it has been reformulated? Mut've been a beast before...

Yup you are right it has been reformulated.. I have noticed that post 2013 bottles have a stronger tobacco note and don't project nor last as they once did. I came close to buying another bottle but after sampling i changed my mind, have a friend who splits some of his prior 2013 juice so I might go for that one.
    Last edited by yankee599; 10th January 2016 at 12:35 PM.

Dependent

I know there must have been a reformulation at some point but I think my experience with the stuff is backwards. I first smelled TV in 2014 and it was very heavy in tobacco. Then I was at nordstroms over the summer and I wanted to revisit it to see If my feelings on it compared to phaedon tabac rouge had changed at all. They made me a sample from a 50ml tester. This stuff smelled nothing like I remembered. It was insanely potent. But the tobacco was very hard to spot. I got lots of vanilla, lots of cinnamon and a good dose of clove. And tobacco was there but it was not the key player. So given what everyone has been saying about the stuff my only theory is that when I originally tried TV it was the newer reform and when I got the sample more recently it had to have been from an older tester. I actually prefer the newer stuff. The original was way too much for me. The old juice was also significantly darker in tint than the new juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    I actually prefer the newer stuff. The original was way too much for me.
    Agreed ... I usually prefer vanilla to play more of a supporting role, rather than being overly loud and potent.

Not that I'm aware of. Bought a bottle last year and I have a sample from 2009, both smell the same.
    Either way, you're getting BEASTLY projection and longevity.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by tombz View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. Bought a bottle last year and I have a sample from 2009, both smell the same.
    Either way, you're getting BEASTLY projection and longevity.
    You bought the bottle last year but have you checked the year of production of that bottle.?

It was made last year. Lasts literally two days on my skin, and on clothes it's up to a month.

IMG_3529.jpg

I can't see why anyone would care if it's an hour or two less than the original. Anything more than 12 hours isn't necessary anyway.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by tombz View Post
    It was made last year. Lasts literally two days on my skin, and on clothes it's up to a month.

IMG_3529.jpg

I can't see why anyone would care if it's an hour or two less than the original. Anything more than 12 hours isn't necessary anyway.
    I certainly hope that was just an experiment. I'm weird though. I wash my clothes after every wearing. Even if its just a light wash. I agree on longevity. Some people I see complaining a scent only lasts 10 hours instead of 18 and I just cant really say I feel for them. If a scent lasts longer than the time I go between showers then I call that a win in my book. And even if I wasn't a shower nut like I am I like to wear a day scent and another for evening. Cant do that with some beastly stuff.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 11th January 2016 at 02:11 AM.