Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Pierre Guillaume fangirl thread

Having loved perfumes from a very young age when I used to tip my mothers pure extracts into my pillows, there are many fragrance houses I love.

Remember waiting for the Serge Lutens boutique in the Palais Royale to open (and pestering them so much they let me in the staff entrance) , when Frederick Malle had 6 fragrances and buying them all, they were that reasonable! Haunting Caron, Guerlain, Maitre and Gantier and all those beautiful perfume shops in Paris.

My father arriving home with beautiful fragrances from long sea voyages, especially from Shiseido and pure Chanel extraits , that I would line the small bottles up with my dolls because I felt my dolls needed scent as well.

But it was finding Parfumerie Gernerale that put a brief stop to buying everything that was *very good* .......that somebody had captured Jardins de Kerylos (one of my favourite places on the planet and got it EXACTLY right ), then L'eau de Circe and thinking somebody just walked through my gardens, Musc Maori, then Intrigant Patchouli I was absolutely stunned. Ended up buying 12 bottles!

Then I found a house called Hutieme Art with Poudre de Riz.......and thought this needed serious investigating.

Since then I have been hooked(addicted) on Pierre Guillaume creations and to the point of Mr Guillaume probably dreads hearing my name as I pursued getting Un Crime Exotique and other lost treasures because he doesn't compromise when the perfume police state we can't have cinnamon or some such ridiculous ruling these days!

Understand basenoters have never been his greatest fans and he has detractors here. But I don't care anymore ...........he is a prolific perfume maker who makes masterpieces, doesn't believe in charging what he could for that group who need to tell everyone their perfume cost 1200 euros, and he is generous with his knowledge and as a bonus happens to be a wonderful human being.

As for favourites, it's tough, I own them all and back ups ...........

but short list is Coze, Tabac Rouge , Indochine, Jardins de Kerylos and L'eau de Circe with Pluie de Soleil and Hespreys because they remind me of my gardens!
    "For the wise it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home to a good soul"....Democritus 470-370BC

Default Re: Pierre Guillaume fangirl thread

I've tried Coze, Felanilla, Un Crime Exotique, Psychotrope, and Indochine.
    I think Coze is excellent. I've wanted to try more but I haven't gotten around to it.
    Some very active users seem to really like Parfumerie Generale. Maybe the detractors don't post so much anymore or maybe I haven't noticed.
    Currently wearing: L'Attesa by Masque

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by zeniba View Post
    I've tried Coze, Felanilla, Un Crime Exotique, Psychotrope, and Indochine.
    I think Coze is excellent. I've wanted to try more but I haven't gotten around to it.
    Some very active users seem to really like Parfumerie Generale. Maybe the detractors don't post so much anymore or maybe I haven't noticed.
    Wow you have two that are discontinued Un Crime Exotique andI think Psychotrope is also not being made anymore!

Hope there are others who like his work now......there were some detractors.
    "For the wise it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home to a good soul"....Democritus 470-370BC

Have you tried his new Croisière line?

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

@Sea Roses Wow you have some good perfume stories!! Lucky you to see behind the scenes, well the back door at SL!

You have very discerning tastes!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I love his fragrances Sea Roses - all four major lines including his latest - Croisieres Collection - and lucky to have them all in my collection. I especially like his private line though.
    Last edited by hednic; 23rd December 2015 at 02:15 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Wow you have two that are discontinued Un Crime Exotique andI think Psychotrope is also not being made anymore!
    Yeah, I tried them quite some time ago--probably 2008 or 2009. I didn't like Psychotrope but my tastes are so different now that I wish I could try it again. I gave it to someone, but it was actually her favorite of the samples I gave to her so at least it was enjoyed.
    I didn't like Un Crime Exotique, either. I actually saw a lot of praise for this, but I thought it was too Yankee Candle-ish.

I think Parfumerie Generale has always been well received in other perfumista circles.
    Currently wearing: L'Attesa by Masque

Basenotes Plus

Hello Colin and Hednic

The travel line I know is the most controversial ( it used to be Hutieme Art) but I love it! Will always love long Courier more over Metal Hurlant (which goes against how it sells I know). But then I rush back to Foudre and think that is my favourite!

There is a new fragrance in February under Phaedon I think and he has captured for this flower in this what I think Carrillion pour un Ange by Andy Tauer (which I adore). Nobody has done mugget like Andy. But I digress, as Pierre has something special arriving !

Hope you are both well

sea roses

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by La Flâneuse View Post
    @Sea Roses Wow you have some good perfume stories!! Lucky you to see behind the scenes, well the back door at SL!

You have very discerning tastes!
    It was funny La Flaneuse .....but when Andy Tauer had made Une Rose De Kandahar I was ringing around so much that when my *tin* arrived there was a very nice message.

When I smell something I love it becomes a whirlwind until I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    There is a new fragrance in February under Phaedon I think and he has captured for this flower in this what I think Carrillion pour un Ange by Andy Tauer (which I adore). Nobody has done mugget like Andy. But I digress, as Pierre has something special arriving !
    That sounds very interesting and I'll be looking out for that when it arrives!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm not a fanboy of any house.
    Gourmands aren't really my thing, so that rules out many of his creations. That said, I do own Jardins de Kérylos which is a nice fig.
    I appreciate his use of various animalic bases and, apparently controversially, I dig the experimentalism of his Collection Croisière.
    I'd still like to try Arabian Horse, but from memory, it only had a limited release.

I was given a sample of No14 Iris Oriental and fell in love.

So own:

Iris Oriental(two bottles)
    Cuir d'Iris
    Tonkamande
    Louanges Profanes

A decant of Praliné de Santal

Huitieme Art

Ambre Ceruleen
    Naiviris
    Myrrhiad
    Last edited by donna255; 23rd December 2015 at 02:52 PM.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I was given a sample of No14 Iris Oriental and fell in love.

So own:

Iris Oriental(two bottles)
    Cuir d'Iris
    Tonkamande
    Louanges Profanes

Huitieme Art

Ambre Ceruleen
    Naiviris
    Myrrhiad
    Thanks Donna,

what do you think of Louanges Profanes as I believe in Europe this is the top seller for women!

regards
    sea roses

Its totally orgasmic LOL

I actually bought a decant and used it up in record time. The opening is lush(I don't like fruity), but this is just something I want to roll in.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Its totally orgasmic LOL

I actually bought a decant and used it up in record time. The opening is lush(I don't like fruity), but this is just something I want to roll in.
    That's a wonderful description Donna! Thank you.

It's one I love but I didn't know how to describe it.......you did it perfectly!

Blog Entries

Good for you for posting to declare your love, Sea Roses!

l haven't tried many of these, but l love L'Ombre Fauve & enjoyed Tubereuse Couture. Gardenia Grand Soir l found rather too sweet, though.

l have a couple of the Collection Croisiere series on my test list, as well as Cadjmere 18. Looks like l need to try more!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ashoka by Neela Vermeire

Blog Entries

I'm a fan from way back. These are top notch in my estimation.
    I have older bottles such as Iris Taïzo (now Iris Oriental) and
    Aomassaï
    L'Ombre Fauve
    Drama Nuui
    Querelle
    I find these to be generally sparkling and crisp. Each note clearly represented and yet soothing as well.

I tried the Huitieme Art collection a couple of years ago (or more), and at least, all of those are quite fleeting.
    It's more like a experience than a long lasting relation with something you love, not my thing.

Looking forward to try the Origami coffret from his main line, too bad is out of stock at the moment.
    We want a niche forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Aomassaï
    L'Ombre Fauve
    Drama Nuui
    Querelle
    I find these to be generally sparkling and crisp. Each note clearly represented and yet soothing as well.
    All four are excellent ones IMO.

I really like Iris Oriental, Cuir d'Iris, and Corps et Ames. I used to have Cadjmere but I never wore it. Gave it to a friend and it be me her signature.
    Currently wearing: Kalemat by Arabian Oud