Code of Conduct
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 900 of 986
  1. #871
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,968
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    I got Special Reserve on ZC’s recommendation. It’s never going to be my most prized fragrance, but it punches so far above it’s weight that it’s ridiculous not to own a bottle.
    Meanwhile original Clubman Pinaud is literally THE smell of the corner middle America barber (because Pinaud aggressively pushed its use to barbers when launched), so there are definitely some crosses to bear it you dislike that smell (since Clubman Pinaud is the origin of the species unless your barber paid a premium for Canoe). Luckily, I enjoy this smell and miss the powder being tossed on my neck post-haircut.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  2. #872
    Dependent jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Lately I've been experimenting with adding essential oils to fragrances. I have a bunch of little 5 ml atomizers, so I use them for my "experiments." I've been adding floral notes to a bunch of stuff - mostly Encre Noire/EN Sport and Mugler Cologne. Yesterday I made a pretty great combo of jasmine, rose and bergamot EOs mixed in with Encre Noire. I'm sure my ratios are off and it doesn't exactly smell "refined," but - eff it, it's fun!
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

    "I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

  3. #873
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    5,297

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    I was deeply into all naturals and expensive ouds but then I got into the vintage rat hole and not so much into the all naturals and ouds. I still like those but I am more likely to be wearing a vintage.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  4. #874
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    5,297

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Meanwhile original Clubman Pinaud is literally THE smell of the corner middle America barber (because Pinaud aggressively pushed its use to barbers when launched), so there are definitely some crosses to bear it you dislike that smell (since Clubman Pinaud is the origin of the species unless your barber paid a premium for Canoe). Luckily, I enjoy this smell and miss the powder being tossed on my neck post-haircut.
    I go to these barbers who are very traditional and they used Clubman Pinaud on me. It wasn't bad for 5 minutes, LOL. No longevity but it wasn't bad. They do a bit of a wet shavey finish with a straight razor on the back of the neck, and finish with the Clubman.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  5. #875
    Dependent PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,849

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    Yesterday I made a pretty great combo of jasmine, rose and bergamot EOs mixed in with Encre Noire.
    Sounds nice.

  6. #876
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    Lately I've been experimenting with adding essential oils to fragrances. I have a bunch of little 5 ml atomizers, so I use them for my "experiments." I've been adding floral notes to a bunch of stuff - mostly Encre Noire/EN Sport and Mugler Cologne. Yesterday I made a pretty great combo of jasmine, rose and bergamot EOs mixed in with Encre Noire. I'm sure my ratios are off and it doesn't exactly smell "refined," but - eff it, it's fun!

    I added A LOT of Myrrh essential oil to Anick Goutal's MYRRHE ARDENTE. It became a gorgeous supremely wonderful fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

  7. #877
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Sometimes I do not bathe on a day, and I use perfumes to MASK my body odor when I go downstairs to get the mail.
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

  8. #878

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    Lately I've been experimenting with adding essential oils to fragrances. I have a bunch of little 5 ml atomizers, so I use them for my "experiments." I've been adding floral notes to a bunch of stuff - mostly Encre Noire/EN Sport and Mugler Cologne. Yesterday I made a pretty great combo of jasmine, rose and bergamot EOs mixed in with Encre Noire. I'm sure my ratios are off and it doesn't exactly smell "refined," but - eff it, it's fun!
    Yeah! That sounds fun!
    I've been using some vintage perfume nips lately and they are giving me a pretty good snapshot of what some vintage fragrances could have been like fresh.
    Wonder if some of those lovely top notes could be "rejuvenated" in an older and otherwise well preserved fragrance. I would have no idea how to do that, but with the less rare ones it might be fun to do some 5ml experiments.
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: 1000 by Jean Patou

  9. #879
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,968
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I go to these barbers who are very traditional and they used Clubman Pinaud on me. It wasn't bad for 5 minutes, LOL. No longevity but it wasn't bad. They do a bit of a wet shavey finish with a straight razor on the back of the neck, and finish with the Clubman.
    Maybe my nose is just more sensitive than folks in general, or there are more smokers here than people are admitting, because when I pulled this for a day wear, a single application went a good 8 hours on me, with only a small re-splash to boost me into another 5+ hours until I was home (days start at 10am, end at 11pm). I also went a week without perfume prior due to some flare-up of my bronchitis, so that may have "reset" tolerances even further.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  10. #880
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    5,297

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Maybe my nose is just more sensitive than folks in general, or there are more smokers here than people are admitting, because when I pulled this for a day wear, a single application went a good 8 hours on me, with only a small re-splash to boost me into another 5+ hours until I was home (days start at 10am, end at 11pm). I also went a week without perfume prior due to some flare-up of my bronchitis, so that may have "reset" tolerances even further.
    Curious indeed. It didn’t last longer than 30 minutes and I do not exaggerate.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  11. #881
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,968
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    Curious indeed. It didn’t last longer than 30 minutes and I do not exaggerate.
    I believe you. My SO swears everything on him disappears in 30 minutes, which is why he generally doesn't wear fragrance but likes catching it on me.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  12. #882
    Dependent jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Sounds nice.
    +

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei Bolkonsky View Post
    I added A LOT of Myrrh essential oil to Anick Goutal's MYRRHE ARDENTE. It became a gorgeous supremely wonderful fragrance.
    Nice! I haven't tried that particular fragrance but amping up a note you enjoy makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    Yeah! That sounds fun!
    I've been using some vintage perfume nips lately and they are giving me a pretty good snapshot of what some vintage fragrances could have been like fresh.
    Wonder if some of those lovely top notes could be "rejuvenated" in an older and otherwise well preserved fragrance. I would have no idea how to do that, but with the less rare ones it might be fun to do some 5ml experiments.
    That's an interesting idea. You could sort of "suture" a new transplanted set of top notes to an older fragrance. I definitely enjoy layering/combining fragrances, so it's worth it to buy a bunch of bulk 5 ml atomizers. That way you only lose a few ml if things go awry.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

    "I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

  13. #883
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,656

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I believe you. My SO swears everything on him disappears in 30 minutes, which is why he generally doesn't wear fragrance but likes catching it on me.
    Nose blindness can be extremely annoying, especially when it is a fragrance you enjoy or smell on others and wanna wear. All my fragrances do it to some degree some more than others.
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

  14. #884

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quit smoking (5 weeks or so until now) it was much much easy than 2 weeks without buying perfumes.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

  15. #885
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    I wore Dior Homme 2020 3 days in a row. Never happened to any other fragrance

  16. #886
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    9,968
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Nose blindness can be extremely annoying, especially when it is a fragrance you enjoy or smell on others and wanna wear. All my fragrances do it to some degree some more than others.
    I think my SO got used to tuning out smells from years of working food service and being around friers etc. until he moved here, so sadly that works both for bad and good smells, meaning he has no long lasting enjoyment of anything smell-related, be it candles or perfume.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  17. #887

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    I once gave in to those JD commercials and bought Sauvage just to return it right away! I mean those commercials gave the vibe of another Fahrenheit, maybe more ground breaking, warmer and animalic... The desert, cayote, electric guitar, metal accessories, tattoos, city night, black vehicles with leather interior... Now that I think about it that commercial was an outrageously misleading try-hard!

  18. #888

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blackaroma View Post
    Now that I think about it that commercial was an outrageously misleading try-hard!
    Most perfume commercials are.

  19. #889
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    I am a Pinaud fanatic thanks to my traditional shaving hobby. I'm that guy that decants all of his Pinaud after shaves, because I think it makes them smell better. Original Pinaud Clubman brings back so many memories from my childhood that I will always have it in my collection.



  20. #890

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Most perfume commercials are.
    Difference is with most other perfumes you can at least get the vibe what they're going for... Again I agree I fell for that one

  21. #891

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    I often consider getting some perfumers alcohol to dilute EO1 PP to something I can handle / get a better grip on.

  22. #892
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
    I am a Pinaud fanatic thanks to my traditional shaving hobby. I'm that guy that decants all of his Pinaud after shaves, because I think it makes them smell better. Original Pinaud Clubman brings back so many memories from my childhood that I will always have it in my collection.


    What type of bottles are these decanted into?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

  23. #893

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
    I am a Pinaud fanatic thanks to my traditional shaving hobby. I'm that guy that decants all of his Pinaud after shaves, because I think it makes them smell better. Original Pinaud Clubman brings back so many memories from my childhood that I will always have it in my collection
    Great collection. If you are going to be a fan then why not a fanatic!
    I think many here may have started their fragrance hobby because of smell memories.
    Those bottle look like what soy sauce comes in. Do they have a plastic reducer for dispensing little splashes?
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: 1000 by Jean Patou

  24. #894

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    I am currently using some powerhouse frags to create social distancing within my household.
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: 1000 by Jean Patou

  25. #895
    StylinLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar
    Posts
    5,379

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
    I am a Pinaud fanatic thanks to my traditional shaving hobby. I'm that guy that decants all of his Pinaud after shaves, because I think it makes them smell better. Original Pinaud Clubman brings back so many memories from my childhood that I will always have it in my collection.


    I have a few Pinauds myself and aside from the scents, I think it is an amazing after shave. leaving the face feeling very soothed and smooth.
    Have tried a lot of different after shaves and these are consistently good. Plus the price is right: $8 or so...

    I find that the Pinaud Classic Vanilla is the least aromatic and with weak longevity that doesn't conflict with other EdTs.

    Pinaud Clubman can't be beat for THE ultimate barbershop scent. This is literally what some huge percentage of American barbers used (and still use) for many, many years.
    Also comes in a talc that is great.
    Currently Loving:

    Bois du Portugal
    Invasion Barbare
    Le 3e Homme
    Ormande Jayne Man
    New York Intense
    Patchouli Intense
    Naxos
    Ombre Leather
    Clubman/Canoe/Wild Country/Azzaro Pour Homme
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

  26. #896

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    I get bored so I buy stuff. Cologne, blazers, watches, golf clubs. Man, I miss watching sports.
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

  27. #897
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,611

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I believe you. My SO swears everything on him disappears in 30 minutes, which is why he generally doesn't wear fragrance but likes catching it on me.
    Man, that's got to be rough. A perfume lover with someone who doesn't even wear one.

    How do you feel about that?
    EDIT: Sorry, reading that back I've realised how intrusive that is. Only answer if you feel comfortable.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  28. #898
    Dependent PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,849

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I get bored so I buy stuff. Cologne, blazers, watches, golf clubs. Man, I miss watching sports.
    Yeah... I've got to break the habit of shopping for entertainment.

  29. #899
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,611

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Mindfulness, lads.

    Often less is more. Don't try to place one compulsive, semi-addictive habit with another!
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  30. #900
    Dependent PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,849

    Default Re: The Fragrance Confessions thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Often less is more.
    I agree with this. Most of my shopping is really "looking". I'm very selective in what I own.




Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Music of a Fragrance: A Fragrance Thread Game
    By Space Flight Navigator in forum Fragrance Thread Games
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 4th July 2015, 05:05 PM
  2. Funny Confessions
    By lally in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 3rd March 2008, 09:16 PM
  3. Confessions of Saint Augustine.....
    By ikkitosennomusha in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th May 2006, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000