Code of Conduct

Exclamation Paloma Picasso Extrait - WoW Just WoW !

I recently discovered a tiny perfumery that had a 7,5ml refill of the pure perfume Paloma Picasso for Women, (I believe they stopped production of the extrait quite a few years ago).
    The notes have always fascinated me. In the fragrantica directory, oak moss/ civet/ castoreum and patchouli are listed as the four strongest notes. What more can I say. This is incredible stuff in extrait version. It's often described as "edgy"...and in extrait format it's even edgier !
    It's also described by many as a very masculine perfume.
    Defintely worth checking out the extrait if you can find it.

This will be my fume tonight, to see the New Year in !
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Paloma Picasso Extrait - WoW Just WoW !

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I recently discovered a tiny perfumery that had a 7,5ml refill of the pure perfume Paloma Picasso for Women, (I believe they stopped production of the extrait quite a few years ago).
    The notes have always fascinated me. In the fragrantica directory, oak moss/ civet/ castoreum and patchouli are listed as the four strongest notes. What more can I say. This is incredible stuff in extrait version. It's often described as "edgy"...and in extrait format it's even edgier !

Congrats on your find David! Happy New Year!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Congrats on your find David! Happy New Year!
    Thanks hednic. Happy New Year to you and your family !!
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

It sounds like an excellent choice!

Wish you a very happy 2016!
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

My mom always has loved Paloma Picasso perfume house it brings childhood memories, great find enjoy!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I'm a guy and used to wear it during high school in the 80s. I got more compliments from other guys on Paloma Picasso than all other fragrances combined. They all wanted to buy it, but I was too embarrassed to tell them what it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only tried the edp, and it was very good. I can only imagine what it must have been in parfum form, with all the animalics and the rest.

cacio

Missing Oakmoss

Great find, david! I love that fragrance. Enjoy!

Congratulations indeed and thanks for one truly special recommendation. Having always enjoyed fragrances by this house and never having found anything by it even minimally less enjoyable and trusting your exquisite tastes, finding this fragrance is quite certainly a rewarding experience.

I've always loved this one on people. I had a teacher who wore it in high school, and one day I asked her what it was. I rarely smell it these days, but it's nice when I do.

I agree, David, the extrait is excellent stuff! There's undeniably a touch of 80s shoulder pads about it, but the quality is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by theplayerking View Post
    I'm a guy and used to wear it during high school in the 80s. I got more compliments from other guys on Paloma Picasso than all other fragrances combined. They all wanted to buy it, but I was too embarrassed to tell them what it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's one of the best quotes I've ever heard on here!😀