Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 126
  1. #61

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2016

    Oh, you beat me by 3 minutes teardrop Didn't mean to upstage your post.

    Continental US only

    Vintage Mary Chess Carnation toilet water

    7/8 left of a .5 fl oz. pour bottle

    Provenance: I bought this in the late eighties at Colonial Drug when it was still in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA. It was part of a coffer of eight Mary Chess fragrances.

    It's still good, I'm wearing it right now. I've just tired of carnation, that's all.

    No exchange necessary.
    Last edited by Zilpha; 11th July 2018 at 06:45 PM.

  2. #62

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    17,062
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2016

    No problem, Zilpha! lt's time this thread was revived.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  3. #63

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    17,062
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l have these samples looking for a home with any UK basenoter:

    Fetish by Neil Morris; about half a ml in a spray vial.
    Cassis by SP Parfums; a 2ml spray vial, around two-thirds full.
    Gardenia by Penhaligon's; just a few drops in a spray vial, enough for a sniff at least.
    Les Jardins de la Mamounia; around 1ml in a dab vial. This one is not in the Directory, but apparently comes from the eponymous hotel in Marrakech, & smells mainly of orange blossom.

    Please post in the thread & PM me your address if you would like these.
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Edited to add: a 1ml dab vial of Forbidden by House of Matriarch, roughly 1/4 full.
    Adding:

    50ml d'Ambiguite by Marlou, a 0.7ml sample decanted into a spray vial, but dabbed only once!
    Habanita EDT by Molinard, a 5ml spray decant approx. half full.

    Due to UK posting restrictions, these can only be sent in multiples of four, so if interested please let me know which four you would like.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  4. #64

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    I am located in the US

  5. #65

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kb1993 View Post
    I am located in the US
    Why don't you list the perfumes you are looking to give away. That would help you get responses.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

  6. #66

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Hi I'm sorry I'm new to basenotes and exploring the wonderful world of fragrance in general (still trying to figure out what notes exc. I like). I live in a rural area so no stores I can go to with testers for trying fragrances, without a nearly 2 hour drive. I had seen a couple post about people trying to get rid of stuff for people in the US and was try to reply to that and see if anything was still Available.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kb1993 View Post
    Hi I'm sorry I'm new to basenotes and exploring the wonderful world of fragrance in general (still trying to figure out what notes exc. I like). I live in a rural area so no stores I can go to with testers for trying fragrances, without a nearly 2 hour drive. I had seen a couple post about people trying to get rid of stuff for people in the US and was try to reply to that and see if anything was still Available.
    Just so you know, I'm in a similar situation and reached out to a couple different houses to try to get samples. Hermes and Mugler said yes and my samples are on the way. I've been super curious to try Alien and Un Jardin sur le Nil, so I'm excited!
    Currently wearing: Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs

  8. #68

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kb1993 View Post
    Hi I'm sorry I'm new to basenotes and exploring the wonderful world of fragrance in general (still trying to figure out what notes exc. I like). I live in a rural area so no stores I can go to with testers for trying fragrances, without a nearly 2 hour drive. I had seen a couple post about people trying to get rid of stuff for people in the US and was try to reply to that and see if anything was still Available.
    I beg your pardon; I misunderstood and was responding to your header of last year.

    Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

  9. #69

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Ok yes like I said brand new to basenotes that was my very first day and post I was just trying to reply to the thread in general no specific post

    Thanks

  10. #70

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Okay awesome! How did you contact them? Through email?
    Thank you for taking time to reply to me�� I really appreciate it.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kb1993 View Post
    Okay awesome! How did you contact them? Through email?
    Thank you for taking time to reply to me�� I really appreciate it.
    Yes, through email! I used their customer service emails which you can find on their respective websites. I just sent them a quick email explaining my situation and they responded asking for my full name and address to send the samples to. They haven't come yet, but I only wrote about a week ago and I expect it'll take a bit of time!
    Currently wearing: Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs

  12. #72

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Okay thanks again.
    P.S island vanilla by Pacifica is delicious

  13. #73

    Default Re: Looking for a home for my aunt's perfumes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kb1993 View Post
    Okay thanks again.
    P.S island vanilla by Pacifica is delicious
    Of course!

    I love it! Perfect cozy post-shower scent for me.
    Currently wearing: Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs

  14. #74

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Update: My Hermes samples arrived today! I asked for Twilly d'Hermes and Un Jardin sur le Nil. Both came, but they surprised me with 2 more! How awesome is that? So in addition to those two I also got Eau d'Orange Verte and Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate. They sent them in two little Hermes boxes each holding 2 samples. The sample bottles are either glass or sturdy plastic and very generously sized; 2 ml each. I haven't tried any of them yet, but I couldn't be more delighted with their customer service! I will definitely look to buying Hermes fragrances if any of theirs pique my interest.
    Currently wearing: Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs

  15. #75

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    I guess today's my lucky day, because I just got my Mugler samples (Angel and Alien)! They came in little cardboard cards showcasing the perfume bottles and name with the sample in a slot. 1.2 ml for each sample. I haven't tried them yet either, but I'm loving what my nose is picking up from Alien.
    Currently wearing: Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs

  16. #76

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Wow that is very generous of them! And they came rather quick to be samples it seems.
    I have not contacted them yet but I surely am going to.

    Hope you enjoy all the stuff you received!

  17. #77

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    "Have your friend visit the DamePerfumery .com shop and select which perfume sample they would like to receive and it will be sent to them free of charge along with a selection of other DAME fragrances"

    I have a pre-stamped postcard they provided to send them with lines for selection, name & address of sample recipient.

    This is really cool. They are generous as heck.

    CONUS

    First one to reply will get sent the free samples.

    https://dameperfumery.com/collection...l-size-samples
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

  18. #78

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    17,062
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l have four samples looking for a home with any UK basenoter:

    Fetish by Neil Morris; about half a ml in a spray vial.
    Cassis by SP Parfums; a 2ml spray vial, around two-thirds full.
    Gardenia by Penhaligon's; just a few drops in a spray vial, enough for a sniff at least.
    Les Jardins de la Mamounia; around 1ml in a dab vial. This one is not in the Directory, but apparently comes from the eponymous hotel in Marrakech, & smells mainly of orange blossom.

    Please post in the thread & PM me your address if you would like these.
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Edited to add: a 1ml dab vial of Forbidden by House of Matriarch, roughly 1/4 full.

    Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Adding:

    50ml d'Ambiguite by Marlou, a 0.7ml sample decanted into a spray vial, but dabbed only once!
    Habanita EDT by Molinard, a 5ml spray decant approx. half full.

    Due to UK posting restrictions, these can only be sent in multiples of four, so if interested please let me know which four you would like.
    Adding Soma perfume oil by Ava Luxe, an almost-full 1ml sample.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  19. #79
    Basenotes Institution 30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,899
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    "Have your friend visit the DamePerfumery .com shop and select which perfume sample they would like to receive and it will be sent to them free of charge along with a selection of other DAME fragrances"

    I have a pre-stamped postcard they provided to send them with lines for selection, name & address of sample recipient.

    This is really cool. They are generous as heck.

    CONUS

    First one to reply will get sent the free samples.

    https://dameperfumery.com/collection...l-size-samples
    Yes, please!
    PM sent....

    Edited on 6/24-- the samples arrived today! I'm having fun testing them. Thanks again, Zilpha!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 24th June 2019 at 09:26 PM.

  20. #80

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Dame Perfumery samples taken
    to 30 Roses
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

  21. #81

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Free to good home! All tested once or twice; I'd like to ship it all out in one parcel to someone who can appreciate it. Someone in my home is fragrance sensitive so everything must go.

    Four bottles, tested once with boxes: Atelier Rose Anonyme 30ml, Guerlain Mitsouko EDT 1.6oz, Feminista! 30ml (no box, in fabric bag as shipped), Clinique Aromatics Elixir EDP .85 oz.

    Also, 5 ml decants of Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert, Dior J'Adore; sample discovery sets including Ormonde Jayne, Zoologist Easy Loving set, Penhaligons, Imaginary Authors, Atelier and Escential Molecules; and most of the 1ml samples listed on my wardrobe. Some discovery sets may not be in original packaging but everything is labeled and individually bagged.

    Continental US only please. First person to post here and DM me mailing details gets all of it in one package.

    Thanks!
    Currently wearing: Dilettante by Hiram Green

  22. #82

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by zepheria View Post
    Free to good home! All tested once or twice; I'd like to ship it all out in one parcel to someone who can appreciate it. Someone in my home is fragrance sensitive so everything must go.

    Four bottles, tested once with boxes: Atelier Rose Anonyme 30ml, Guerlain Mitsouko EDT 1.6oz, Feminista! 30ml (no box, in fabric bag as shipped), Clinique Aromatics Elixir EDP .85 oz.

    Also, 5 ml decants of Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert, Dior J'Adore; sample discovery sets including Ormonde Jayne, Zoologist Easy Loving set, Penhaligons, Imaginary Authors, Atelier and Escential Molecules; and most of the 1ml samples listed on my wardrobe. Some discovery sets may not be in original packaging but everything is labeled and individually bagged.

    Continental US only please. First person to post here and DM me mailing details gets all of it in one package.

    Thanks!
    No takers? I’d be happy to take these off your hands if no one else has claimed them! Ditto for any samples you’re clearing out. I didn’t respond yesterday, in case there was someone else who would benefit more.

    Will send a PM.
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”

  23. #83

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    All yours, thanks! Offer is taken by Lellabelle.
    Currently wearing: Dilettante by Hiram Green

  24. #84

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Thanks Zepheria
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”

  25. #85

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Does anyone have a decant or travel size of Heeley Sel Marin they would swap with me? My BN wardrobe is not up to date but let me know if there's any niche from the last few years you are looking for a decant of and I might have it.

  26. #86
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / Île de chypre
    Posts
    13,235

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Few samples/small decants that I'm willing to give away. UK only due to posting restrictions:

    - Escentric 02, 2ml
    - Molecule 02, 2ml

    EDIT: updated with available

  27. #87
    Super Member morning light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Edited Post!!!

    Thank you David for taking some perfume off my hands!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

  28. #88

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by morning light View Post
    Hello!
    This giveaway is continental US only! Unfortunately these perfumes have been collecting dust and they deserve to be in someone's rotation. Both are at least 90% full and purchased this year! Bvlgari Black is just not the same anymore for whatever reason and I have sadly fallen out of love with Philosykos.

    A few things:
    I will respond to you with a PM on Basenotes!
    I will kindly ask you to pay for shipping! I will ship these super carefully w/ tracking don't worry !!
    I will edit this post when someone has claimed the perfumes!
    It would really help me out if you can just take the pair??? Please??
    Thank you for taking these off my hands :' ) it would kill me to discard them

    IMG_20190609_192655154.jpg
    I love fig scents. I'll pm you for the phylos.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

    > Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

  29. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,901

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by morning light View Post
    Edited Post!!!

    Thank you David for taking some perfume off my hands!
    Is the Bvlgari still available?

  30. #90

    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    17,062
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Free to a Good Home 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l have these samples looking for a home with any UK basenoter:

    Fetish by Neil Morris; about half a ml in a spray vial. CLAIMED
    Cassis by SP Parfums; a 2ml spray vial, around two-thirds full. CLAIMED
    Gardenia by Penhaligon's; just a few drops in a spray vial, enough for a sniff at least. EVAPORATED!
    Les Jardins de la Mamounia; around 1ml in a dab vial. This one is not in the Directory, but apparently comes from the eponymous hotel in Marrakech, & smells mainly of orange blossom. CLAIMED

    Please post in the thread & PM me your address if you would like these.
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Edited to add: a 1ml dab vial of Forbidden by House of Matriarch, roughly 1/4 full. CLAIMED

    Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Adding:

    50ml d'Ambiguite by Marlou, a 0.7ml sample decanted into a spray vial, but dabbed only once! CLAIMED
    Habanita EDT by Molinard, a 5ml spray decant approx. half full. CLAIMED

    Due to UK posting restrictions, these can only be sent in multiples of four, so if interested please let me know which four you would like.
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Adding Soma perfume oil by Ava Luxe, an almost-full 1ml sample. CLAIMED


    Updating to add:
    Carthusia Uomo, an almost-full 2ml dab vial.
    Last edited by teardrop; 13th August 2019 at 11:03 AM.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.




Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free to a good home
    By wooznib in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 780
    Last Post: 15th June 2014, 02:22 PM
  2. Free to good home
    By Possum-Pie in forum Community Centre Archive
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 7th October 2012, 03:10 PM
  3. Free to a good home
    By LiliB in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 7th July 2011, 03:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000