Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Default My new Tom Ford samples

    I like both of these but Sahara is beastly what do you guys think

    Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    225,624

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Congrats and enjoy wearing them!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Institution badarun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,503

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Sahara Noir is indeed womderful - but not beastly imho - strong, linear & satisfying. The best Tom Ford fragrance imho, way better than many from the private blend line up.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    28,079

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    I am not a huge fan of Oud Wood, but my wife really seems to like it on me. Sahara Noir is not my favorite, but very nice and long lasting for sure.
    Current Summer Favorites:

    1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

  5. #5
    Duke Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    5,596

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Own both, neither are beastly in my opinion. Sahara is deceptively strong, but it's not a projection beast, neither is Oud Wood.
    Sahara is the better of the two by far, more "private blend" quality, than Oud Wood ironically.

  6. #6
    Dependent Darjeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,299

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    I like Oud Wood and really, really want to try Sahara Noir.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.

  7. #7

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Both are wonderful scents! Good choice!

  8. #8

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    I have to say I'm very disappointed in Oud Wood pleasant enough opening but becomes skin scent very early on, would never buy full bottle. Was there a reform on this?

    Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Own both, neither are beastly in my opinion. Sahara is deceptively strong, but it's not a projection beast, neither is Oud Wood.
    Sahara is the better of the two by far, more "private blend" quality, than Oud Wood ironically.
    I agree with you Sahara far better than Oud Wood...I think Sahara projects like crazy, fabulous first impression

    Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Theo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    802

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Quote Originally Posted by seymours62 View Post
    I like both of these but Sahara is beastly what do you guys think
    I'm a big fan of Oud Wood, along with Italian Cypress it's my favorite from the private blend line. Sahara Noir, however, is not a fragrance that I enjoy whatsoever. I don't perceive it as feminine or masculine. It's simply far too balsamic of a fragrance for me to enjoy. As it dries down it gets better, but not worth the ride IMO and by far my least favorite Tom Ford.

  11. #11

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I'm a big fan of Oud Wood, along with Italian Cypress it's my favorite from the private blend line. Sahara Noir, however, is not a fragrance that I enjoy whatsoever. I don't perceive it as feminine or masculine. It's simply far too balsamic of a fragrance for me to enjoy. As it dries down it gets better, but not worth the ride IMO and by far my least favorite Tom Ford.
    Do you have older bottle of Oud Wood? On me terrible longevity and I've tried it twice once from my sample and once at Nordstrom

    Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Basenotes Institution sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    34,318

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Two nice ones. Enjoy!

  13. #13
    Theo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    802

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Quote Originally Posted by seymours62 View Post
    Do you have older bottle of Oud Wood? On me terrible longevity and I've tried it twice once from my sample and once at Nordstrom

    Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    I had a decant from an older bottle.
    My new mantra: I will not enter the Creed Aventus Subforum, I will not enter the Creed Aventus Subforum, I will not enter the Creed Aventus Subforum...

  14. #14
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Re: My new Tom Ford samples

    Quote Originally Posted by seymours62 View Post
    I have to say I'm very disappointed in Oud Wood pleasant enough opening but becomes skin scent very early on, would never buy full bottle. Was there a reform on this?
    Apparently they reformulated it because of the weak longevity. The new grey bottle is suppose to have better longevity.

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Ford 4ml Samples...how to get them?
    By tracerbullet in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 17th August 2015, 10:00 AM
  2. tom ford samples
    By Smatt99 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th October 2014, 12:41 AM
  3. Ford samples
    By Chillionare in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20th August 2014, 07:35 PM
  4. Tom Ford 4ml Samples in the UK?
    By abzr88 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30th December 2010, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000