Code of Conduct

Exclamation HERVE GAMBS PARIS: any lover?

can't find any reviews around here, purchased Ombre Sauvage yesterday and seems to be pretty interesting, was also given samples from the whole line, they all seem to be on the feminine side of the unisex spectrum... has anybody impressions to share?
    Thanks in advance!
    let me know when you decide to throw in the towel...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Default Re: HERVE GAMBS PARIS: any lover?

Have the entire line of 11 fragrances from the house. They're all very nice especially the Extrait the Parfums which I have been wearing for two years now. Hope you like Ombre Sauvage. Would llike to hear your thoughts once you get it. It's my favorite in the EDPs
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have the entire line of 11 fragrances from the house. They're all very nice especially the Extrait the Parfums which I have been wearing for two years now. Hope you like Ombre Sauvage. Would llike to hear your thoughts once you get it. It's my favorite in the EDPs
    pretty sure you knew them, I purchased (in a shop, so it's already home) Ombre yesterday but no full wearing, yet...the sample session were pretty promising..are the cologne really intense or do they fade away pretty soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    pretty sure you knew them, I purchased (in a shop, so it's already home) Ombre yesterday but no full wearing, yet...the sample session were pretty promising..are the cologne really intense or do they fade away pretty soon?
    The 3 Cologne Intense fragrances are at 10% concentration so they are a bit weaker than the EDPs from the house which are 12% concentration and won't last that long. Intense is a bit of a misnomer with these.
    Last edited by hednic; 17th January 2016 at 05:04 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The 3 Cologne Intense fragrances are at 10% concentration so they are a bit weaker than the EDPs from the house which are 12% concentration and won't last that long. Intense is a bit of a misnomer with these.
    all right, thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    all right, thanx!
    You're welcome.

Banned

good juices from them...tried them some time last week!

Quote Originally Posted by Syd57 View Post
    good juices from them...tried them some time last week!
    Do you live in Europe, The States, or elsewhere in the world?

Banned

Do you live in Europe, The States, or elsewhere in the world?
    Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Syd57 View Post
    Europe!
    You're lucky because access to that house is so much easier.

Finally glad to know that after more than 2 years, First in Fragrance in Germany finally carries the line and Statesiders who would like to try them and before couldn't, now have an opportunity at their disposal!

i sampled this house at the beginning of my perfume journey, and i'm revisiting the samples today, and I must say this house is quite good (apart from 2 or 3 that lean too feminine)
    they are original and smell quite interesting.
    not the usual scent that you've smelled 100x times
    worth getting the sample set

if you're a man don't buy
    -Pink evidence
    -La baie des anges
    -Iris royal
    -Coup de grÔce

the others range from "good" to "sublime".
    they are original but still very wearable
    and one of them (Hotel riviera) has a note that reminds me of a tea perfume from "Maisons du monde" I used to get as a room scent, and i could jnot find it anymore because it was discontinued, so happy to find that smell again !

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by ionone View Post

the others range from "good" to "sublime".
    they are original but still very wearable
    and one of them (Hotel riviera) has a note that reminds me of a tea perfume from "Maisons du monde" I used to get as a room scent, and i could jnot find it anymore because it was discontinued, so happy to find that smell again !

Jeff
    Glad to hear your thoughts for the most part are positive.