Code of Conduct
o

Default Dior homme parfum box

Alright so i got this fragrance a while ago and enjoy it very much. I got it online and although im pretty sure that it is legit something seems fishy about the box. So i ask anybody who has a legit box bought from a sephora or some other 100% original store to post the picture of the top of the box like here:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Default Re: Dior homme parfum box

I have a full black top cover (when you have white) with Dior fly/bee at the middle.
    So yes, there is something fishy in your package.IMG_20160120_134328.jpg
    Last edited by Herne; 20th January 2016 at 11:46 AM.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

From what I recall (don't have it any longer) mine had a black top also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yea thats what i was afraid of. It seemed weird that a company like dior would send the box looking like it was wrapped up in a gypsy mahala. Maybe its some consequence of "underworld trade" (in a light sense, didnt know how else to express myself). Because i smelled the juice in the store and its the same, what do you think?
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

If my box looked like yours, I would have totally freaked. But, if you think that juice is ok and you can be ok with the box and live with it then I don't see a problem.

As for me, I am just too picky that I could not get a peace if something like that happened to me.

It just looks like someone opened it before and did some kind of DIY top to box. Maybe nothing more serious than that.

Someone wanted the fly

But I am sure that box was not left from Dior like that.
    Last edited by Herne; 20th January 2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Quote Originally Posted by Herne View Post
    I have a full black top cover (when you have white) with Dior fly/bee at the middle.
    So yes, there is something fishy in your package.IMG_20160120_134328.jpg
    From what I have recalled, it looks like that also.. but forgot.. I don't keep designer packages

Basenotes Plus

Mine has white, but I bought it from a discounter.

I ordered back in late January, 2015.

Batch code 4U03? (4U03 - 2014-07, according to CheckFresh).

They cut and tore the inside part out, or something. This is something that I don't understand, I've noticed the fuzzy white stuff on however many frags from discounters, but... what's the point of even doing it in the first place? To identify they're for a certain market? or what? It's not like my DHP box had a code on it in that area, so why remove it?

I don't know why they do it. If you notice in the big, at the bottom area of the bigger flap lid, you can see the black area that's been cut/sliced.

Fyi, mine was bought from Scented Monkey, via eBay.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Member

So I wasn't the only one with that concern. Bought both DH and DHP from 'net discounter and the boxes looked like they were "fixed up" in some way. Both bottles and juice are the same as the ones from the stores, though, so I didn't worry too much. Still, I wondered why those boxes were that way.
    "For the first time in his life, Grenouille realized that he had no smell of his own. He realized that all his life he had been a nobody to everyone. What he now felt was the fear of his own oblivion. It was as though he did not exist."

If I'm not mistaken, grey market bottles often are 100% legitimate but altered in some way (such as batch codes being scratched out, or apparently, the box being altered.) I don't recall the reason for this, but I know that it's relatively common and if the bottle is from a trusted source and everything is OK with the bottle/juice itself, it's nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Mine has white, but I bought it from a discounter. (...) Fyi, mine was bought from Scented Monkey, via eBay.
    Is this the same specimen where you were able to pull out the tubing? And not to sound arrogant but should you really wonder? I would say that referring to this seller as a discounter is rather favourable and makes it seem more legitimate than it might be. Their internet presence currently is unreachable. This could be the result of a technical issue but it could also not be. There are more complaints elsewhere but I chose this seemingly renowned platform:
    https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/manhasset/...799/complaints

Basenotes Plus

My box was black. Yours doesn't look right. But, the proof is in the juice. It might be a rehab job on that box.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.