Code of Conduct
o
    Basenotes Plus

Default Boutique Du Parfum

Has anyone being able to buy scents from this store via Paypal?

I have been trying to pay via Paypal and have been unsuccessful. It keeps having payment error. I contacted paypal rep and they did not see any transaction request from the boutique. I have tried to contact the boutique via email a couple times and have not received any response. Odd.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Default Re: Boutique Du Parfum

That is strange. I have ordered from them on occasions but, granted, not through Paypal. I know that some other Basenoters have ordered from this site but don't know which payment method they used. Hopefully someone who has ordered with PayPal will be able to shed more light on this issue.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That is strange. I have ordered from them on occasions but, granted, not through Paypal. I know that some other Basenoters have ordered from this site but don't know which payment method they used. Hopefully someone who has ordered with PayPal will be able to shed more light on this issue.
    Thanks for the response Hednic.

Did you make the purchase by phone or online? Even when I tried to make the purchase online, I did not see an option for credit card payment. All I saw was the paypal payment option. Not sure if I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

Did you make the purchase by phone or online? Even when I tried to make the purchase online, I did not see an option for credit card payment. All I saw was the paypal payment option. Not sure if I am missing something.
    No - I made the payment online using a credit card. Let me try to do a mock purchase and I'll get back to you.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, after it tells you that the package will be sent by Colissimo and you accept by checking the general conditions of sale, it brings you to the payment page. There will be a box with PayPal next to it and to the right of that it says in French pay by Credit Card or PayPal account. click on that link. Then it brings you to another screen and it says pay with Paypal in which you would have to log on to your PayPal account or it gives you the option below that to Pay with Debit or Credit Card. Click on that link and it gives you another screen where you can fill in your credit card info. Make sure United States is chosen, and then you should see the logos for VISA, MC, AE and Discover with France Diffusion Parfums at the top of the page.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Hi Hednic! Thank you very much for taking your time to help.

Hi Hednic! Thank you very much for taking your time to help.

Glad you were able to make the purchase.

I'm thinking of purchasing from them (they still have the 25% at the moment)... Has anyone had any problems with them, or are they reliable? Thanks!
    Currently wearing: Snowcake by Lush

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    I'm thinking of purchasing from them (they still have the 25% at the moment)... Has anyone had any problems with them, or are they reliable? Thanks!
    Have shopped with them many times. No problems whatsoever and fast shipping.

Have shopped with them many times. No problems whatsoever and fast shipping.
    Thanks, Hednic!
    Currently wearing: Snowcake by Lush

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    Thanks, Hednic!
    You're welcome. Good luck!

Is this site in french only?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Let me know if you need help to navigate through the site. I don't know French but am kinda familiar with the site just enough to get what I needed.

Unfortunately yes - a drawback for those who don't understand the language.

Does any purchased from this site lately?
    I run a scam search for this store and they have negative feedback.
    Thanks!

Yep, as hednic said. But you could just get an add-on for your internet browser which allows you to translate languages on pages as you load them. This is what I did. Such add-ons are usually just called "translate" or "translator".

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    Does any purchased from this site lately?
    I run a scam search for this store and they have negative feedback.
    Thanks!
    I just ordered from them a few minutes ago. I found the same thing as you when doing a background search on the website through Google, but I decided to go ahead and make my purchase anyway seeing as it's gotten good reviews here on BN. Plus, they're the only ones who had the fragrances I wanted in stock (at a very good price as well).

Quote Originally Posted by BasedNote View Post
    I just ordered from them a few minutes ago. I found the same thing as you when doing a background search on the website through Google, but I decided to go ahead and make my purchase anyway seeing as it's gotten good reviews here on BN. Plus, they're the only ones who had the fragrances I wanted in stock (at a very good price as well).
    My bet is that you will have a very good experience.

Made an order last Sunday and everything went fine!

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    Made an order last Sunday and everything went fine!
    Great!

My bet is that you will have a very good experience.
    You bet right! I got my package today and I could not be more satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by BasedNote View Post
    You bet right! I got my package today and I could not be more satisfied!
    Glad to hear it. Enjoy it!

Let me bump this thread. I am having a hard time making a purchase on their site. Can't bypass the page for payment. I am ordering from the Philippines. Has anybody from Asia made a successful purchase on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by starterboy View Post
    Let me bump this thread. I am having a hard time making a purchase on their site. Can't bypass the page for payment. I am ordering from the Philippines. Has anybody from Asia made a successful purchase on this site?
    Were you ever able to resolve this problem?

Were you ever able to resolve this problem?
    I emailed them and still waiting for their reply. By the way, do you know a good site where I can find Guerlain L Homme Ideal EDP for a good price that also ships internationally besides the US?

Quote Originally Posted by starterboy View Post
    I emailed them and still waiting for their reply. By the way, do you know a good site where I can find Guerlain L Homme Ideal EDP for a good price that also ships internationally besides the US?
    Off hand I can't. Where are you located?

Off hand I can't. Where are you located?
    Philippines