Code of Conduct

Default A truly classic replacement perfume for a girl who likes Marc Jacobs Hibiscus? Shalimar?

Hi,

My girlfriend is a fan of Marc Jacobs Hibiscus which has the following fragrance notes:

Top Notes - Raspberry, Mandarin, Peony
    Heart Notes - Hibiscus, Tiare, Pink freesia
    Base notes - Musk, Woods, Vetiver

Apart from the fact that this product seems to have been discontinued, or is just difficult to find, I would also like to introduce her to a truly historic/classic perfume on the lines of Shalimar.

As I live in Sri Lanka, it is impossible to access a decent collection to test out my options. I'd like to keep the fragrance notes somewhat similar or related to those of Marc Jacobs Hibiscus so the perfume I get her isn't too much of a leap into the unknown.

Any suggestions on what I could look at?

Suggestions on where I could purchase these to be sent to Australia also would be fantastic!

Thank you so much!

Default Re: A truly classic replacement perfume for a girl who likes Marc Jacobs Hibiscus? Shalimar?

Never smelt the Marc Jacobs, but Shalimar is very very different to the notes you have listed, its amber vanilla heavy oriental.

The Marc Jacobs comes across as a fruity floral.
    DONNA

Default Re: A truly classic replacement perfume for a girl who likes Marc Jacobs Hibiscus? Shalimar?

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Never smelt the Marc Jacobs, but Shalimar is very very different to the notes you have listed, its amber vanilla heavy oriental.

The Marc Jacobs comes across as a fruity floral.
    Thanks Donna!

What might you recommend from the classics in the fruity floral category?

Blog Entries

lt's hard to think of any fruity florals that have reached "classic" status, as they are a comparatively recent phenomenon.

But l would say try lnsolence by Guerlain, YSL Parisienne or Coco Mademoiselle.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    lt's hard to think of any fruity florals that have reached "classic" status, as they are a comparatively recent phenomenon.

But l would say try lnsolence by Guerlain, YSL Parisienne or Coco Mademoiselle.
    Thank you Teardrop. I will certainly look into these.

Champs Elysee by Gerluain is a floral fruity with Hibiscus. Otherwise I think Le Parfum de Therese is a great perfum with a classical feel and Le Mimosa by Goutal is a modern sophisticated floral fruity.