Bel Ami and Cuir de Lancome are so way above the others for me.
Which one should I go for...POSSIBLY TWO: ) *Blind Buy*
Davidoff: Leather Blend
Cuir De Lancome
Bulgari Man In Black
Mercedes Benz VIP Club Black
Habit Rouge could also be a great option-one of the best in its category (from a personal viewpoint)
Contains a lot of styrax and Wasser says it's the most important part of Habit Rouge, but I don't see Habit Rouge as leather. Hell of a fragrance, although it's been heavily diluted over the last fifteen years.
Bel Ami and Cuir de Lancome are excellent.
Last edited by pluran; 1st February 2016 at 09:00 AM.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Davidoff Leather Blend by far.
(is Habit Rouge a leather?)
My Top '11' : (In no particular order)
- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
- Paco Rabanne pour homme (vtg)
- Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
- Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
- Ferrari: Essence Oud Edp
- Dior: Fahrenheit (vtg)
- YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
- Mancera: Cedrat Boise
- MPG: Santal Noble
- Knize Ten
- Amouage: Interlude
Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.
Bel Ami by far.
I also wouldn't consider Habit Rouge in this classification.
Bel Ami tops all others easily.
Bel Ami in a vintage form is quite nice stuff indeed. Curiously, the modern version smells more dated to me, even as it's been "modernized".
Easy peasy the Bel Ami.
Bel Ami then habit rouge
Bel Ami and Habit Rouge.
Current Top Picks:
Viktor & Rolf - Spicebomb
Guerlain - Habit Rouge Dress Code
Dolce & Gabbana - The One EDP
Hermes- Ambre Narguile
Parfums de Marly - Herod
Christian Dior - Fève Délicieuse
Parfums de Marly - Oajan
Imaginary Authors - Memoirs of a Trespasser
Montale - Aoud Leather
Creed - Aventus