Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
o

Default Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance - Where have they gone?

They sent me an email a few weeks back talking about an ownership change and offering me a coupon to accept my details be passed to the new owners.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but now their website seems to be down

Does anyone know what the new site is, if there is one?
    My top 30

1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Amber Sky /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / Incense Oud
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Layton / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Baccarat Rouge 540
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Reckless
    12. Diadema / Prada L’Homme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Clive X

Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance - Where have they gone?

It's there for me - I just placed an order yesterday.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Website works fine for me too.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

For me also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Fair enough, thanks guys. Very strange that it's not working for me, must be some type of glitch...good to hear they're still around
    My top 30

6. Layton / Aventus
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo

Basenotes Plus

My impression was it wasn't new owners, just a technical restructuring of some sort by the same owner. For historical reasons Germany is fantastically strict on data protection/ privacy - I don't think a company based elsewhere would have had to get consent. Website works fine for me too, hope you can get to it now.

Back up and running for me now, all good, thanks everyone that replied...time to spend some money!
    My top 30

6. Layton / Aventus
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDalloway View Post
    My impression was it wasn't new owners, just a technical restructuring of some sort by the same owner. For historical reasons Germany is fantastically strict on data protection/ privacy - I don't think a company based elsewhere would have had to get consent. Website works fine for me too, hope you can get to it now.
    Germany is like a newborn in such policies when compared to the UK. A few years ago i thought Germans are the most bureaucratic people in Europe.
    I have changed my mind after spending a year in Cambridge.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    Germany is like a newborn in such policies when compared to the UK. A few years ago i thought Germans are the most bureaucratic people in Europe.
    I have changed my mind after spending a year in Cambridge.
    We can be very bureaucratic for sure, but it's my experience that Germany is more restrictive than most other EU countries about particularly the information that governments can share. And see for example the intro to this article:

http://www.whitecase.com/publication...tions-shall-be

But massively off topic, apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Envy View Post
    ...time to spend some money!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

...time to spend some money!
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Although this site works for some of you, I get the message "website is not available". I have now tried four different browsers and none bring up the website, and I have tried for over a week! ...frustrated... I guess I need to find another European supplier that carries niche. Suggestions welcome.
    1. Epic Man by Amouage (33 wears)
    2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (31 wears)
    3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (27 wears)
    4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (22 wears)
    5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (20 wears)
    6. Fate Man by Amouage (19 wears)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Although this site works for some of you, I get the message "website is not available". I have now tried four different browsers and none bring up the website, and I have tried for over a week! ...frustrated... I guess I need to find another European supplier that carries niche. Suggestions welcome.
    Just curious, have you tried to access it from other than a mobile device from your home? Is that a possibility for you?

Basenotes Plus

Just checked and both my iPhone and iPad could access FiF.

Akahina- perhaps check out Essenza Nobile.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post

Akahina- perhaps check out Essenza Nobile.
    or ParfuMaria

Basenotes Plus

or ParfuMaria
    I didn't know about this site. Thank you! Yay!

...or skins.nl
    Currently wearing: Shaal Nur by Etro

Aus Liebe Zum Duft is working fine for me too.

Just curious, have you tried to access it from other than a mobile device from your home? Is that a possibility for you?
    Computers at work are in a closed corporate system and I don't have my own anymore. I find that my phone is a damned good tricorder performing all the tasks I really need (except for photoshop, lol). So I am pretty much stuck using my S7 as my internet connection.

What I find odd is that I have ordered from them before with a similar device with no problem. Must be that something on their website is not supported by the new software.

I will look into other stores (thank you all) as I search for a solution to this dilemma.
    1. Epic Man by Amouage (33 wears)
    2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (31 wears)
    3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (27 wears)
    4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (22 wears)
    5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (20 wears)
    6. Fate Man by Amouage (19 wears)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Last edited by wadeboss; 17th July 2016 at 08:42 AM.

I'll take this chance to give them a shout out

I ordered a bottle of PDM Habdan and Oajan a few months ago and Oajan wasn't in stock so they agreed to swap it for the more expensive Nisean

A few weeks ago Oajan came back into stock and they made the error of sending that order even though they'd already sent the replacement, so basically I had 2 x 125ml bottles of PDM in the way to me that I hadn't paid for and no longer needed as I'd already purchased

I told them before they dispatched that it was an error and they don't need to dispatch the order but the lady I usually deal with was away and it was sent anyway

I was concerned because Australian law doesn't allow me to post fragrances overseas and I wasn't going to be able to return it, so they actually offered to let me keep the 2 bottles (valued at close to $600)

Luckily by simply rejecting the package at the post office, I was able to have it returned to sender so they get their bottles back and I don't feel like a bad person but it was nice of them to at least offer that I keep them, really nice people to deal with. I'll continue giving them most of my business even if on some occasions it costs me a little bit more
    My top 30

6. Layton / Aventus
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I will look into other stores (thank you all) as I search for a solution to this dilemma.
    Sounds frustrating, Akahina. I'll also add Robert Nederveen to the list of alternative European shopping sites at www.nederveencosmetics.nl - I've had excellent service from them.

Luckily by simply rejecting the package at the post office, I was able to have it returned to sender so they get their bottles back and I don't feel like a bad person but it was nice of them to at least offer that I keep them, really nice people to deal with
    That was a really stand-up and principled thing to do. Admirable! I'm not sure I would've been able to do the same - haha. Tempting.
    "Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

Quote Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
    I'll also add Robert Nederveen to the list of alternative European shopping sites at www.nederveencosmetics.nl - I've had excellent service from them.
    Thanks for this link. I hadn't heard of this company before. It's great to have other options.

I was concerned because Australian law doesn't allow me to post fragrances overseas and I wasn't going to be able to return it, so they actually offered to let me keep the 2 bottles (valued at close to $600)
    Really? I'm kind of surprised (since I frequently order from Oz), but I guess I shouldn't be, since both the Australian and NZ govts have their collective heads up their arse for the most part.

Nice move by you, albeit ridiculous you had to evade the regulations in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wadeboss View Post
    Wasn't aware of this one either. Thanks for the link.

Luckily by simply rejecting the package at the post office, I was able to have it returned to sender so they get their bottles back and I don't feel like a bad person but it was nice of them to at least offer that I keep them, really nice people to deal with. I'll continue giving them most of my business even if on some occasions it costs me a little bit more
    Kind of related to returns and additional items received, I wanted to share my experience whilst ordering from another German-based online perfumery.

As you know we have a similar rule here in the UK - you can receive scents from outside, but can't send out. Stupid doesn't describe it well enough, but I digress. I received the item but it seems it had already been opened previously so they sent me a pre-paid return label via German post and asked me to send it back for a refund. They insisted it would be "OK" to do. To my astonishment it worked! Parcel accepted at a UK Post Office, no questions asked, despite the label more or less suggesting fragrance was inside. It was returned to them within 3-5 days I think. They told me they get stuff from the UK post "quite regularly". Seriously wish we could make use of it more often!
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Has anyone ordered for delivery to France? Just wanted to know the delivery time...1 week, 10 days?

Very good news to share. It seems First in Fragrance is now using DHL Express. Placed an order on Sunday, met the free shipping threshold, sent out today, scheduled to arrive on Thursday, two-day transit! I knew Essenza Nobile was supposed to be using DHL Express, but wasn't aware that FIF was also using it!

Basenotes Plus

Yes, I ordered something recently and it arrived very quickly (to UK). I placed the order early hours on a Thursday morning and it was delivered on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDalloway View Post
    Yes, I ordered something recently and it arrived very quickly (to UK). I placed the order early hours on a Thursday morning and it was delivered on Sunday.
    Was the service they used DHL Express to the UK also?