Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Is there a blue lotus fragrance available?

I'm seeking something with real blue lotus in it. I actually don't know what it smells like but blue lotus was said to be an Ancient Egypt favorite plant/flower. Anything with historical and or ancient significance I have an interest in and blue lotus just comes to mind. I'd be seeking this as an essential oil as well. I hope it exists.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Is there a blue lotus fragrance available?

I recall from what I was told by some people at Fragonard in Grasse that their Beau Gosse (which by the way is a very nice scent) is supposed to contain blue lotus from the Indian sub continent. Can't confirm the veracity of that though.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Fragrantica provide some general info and fragrance options

http://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Lotus-27.html

I have a feeling that there is a cream from Clinique have blue Lotus in them because I was asked to make a fragrance that matched it long ago. I got mine sent to me directly from India but I have no idea how pure it is or isn't.
    The PONK club - gymnosium for perfumers (NOTE:- New club matters on hold whilst I care for my mum)

Twitter - @PonkClub for regular twitter updates

My Tincture list

A perfumed life - Tinctures, perfumes, cordials, wines and ingredients

Blog Entries

lf you go to the Advanced Search option in the directory & type "blue lotus" into the notes box, several fragrances come up. One of these l have tried; Secret Garden by Aftelier, a nice, warm floral.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Nature's Gift has a Blue Lotus absolute, I have a little sample of it in 10% dilution. It's very pricey. They offer free samples with purchase, you just have to remember to ask for what you want to try in the comments when you check out. I think there's a caveat that you're not guaranteed to get the sample you ask for, but they have always given me at least enough to sniff what I asked for (with other purchases).

It's definitely floral, I hate to say it but it's not my favorite floral oil, but I do like it more than their white lotus absolute.

edit to add link:
    https://www.naturesgift.com/product/...olute-10-02ml/