Code of Conduct
Page 211 of 250 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,330 of 7482
  1. #6301
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,454
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Boucheron always trips the circuit in my brain to read as "Boucherie." thankfully is does not smell like one
    After that joke, I think we're Throughcheron.
    oh look, I have a signature

  2. #6302

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Tumulte pour Homme
    Christian Lacroix [VINTAGE]

    ٢٠١٨٠٤١٧_٠٧٢١٢&#16.jpg

  3. #6303
    Finder of floofs.
    AceyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Culver City vice ATL
    Posts
    818

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Paco Rabanne pH EDT, `93 on left hand, `89 on the right.

    I had this one when I was a pup. It's like perfect soap. Sharp, green, mossy. But I don't always like to wear it.

    But when I do — it's great stuff. Some favor the Azzaro but I never had old juice. I can only speak for the juice that Paco made.

    /AC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AceyMan; 17th April 2018 at 05:16 AM. Reason: capitalization errata

  4. #6304
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,454
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    Paco Rabanne pH EDT, `93 on left hand, `89 on the right.

    I had this one when I was a pup. It's like perfect soap. Sharp, green, mossy. But I don't always like to wear it.

    But when I do — it's great stuff. Some favor the Azzaro but I never had old juice. I can only speak for the juice that Paco made.

    /AC
    Super Rabbanio Bros.
    oh look, I have a signature

  5. #6305

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Vintage, Gold cap Tiffany for Men. I can tell that the projection and longevity on this one are going downhill fast.

    The last time I wore this regularly was in 2012. 6 years is showing this one the worse for wear. Such a shame.
    Common sense that all fragrances degrade over time, but it's such a shame that this beauty is not the same as it once was.
    Nevertheless, still a majestic fragrance. One of the few 10/10 perfect scores I've ever smelled. Will guard and treasure what
    I have left of this gem.

  6. #6306
    DOCPSYCHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,197

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    I hesitate to post this here as I am not certain it is considered vintage or not. I am wearing Parfums d' Nicolai New-York from a bottle I split with a basenotes member about 2008. I would post a pick but I got the decant botttle the split was decanted into. Great stuff and has really aged well. I only have a little left in the bottle. About 30 ml. Its potent and only needs 3-4 sprays to the lower neck and chest area. Its still strong after 7-8 hours now at work. I stink extreee good.

    Rick
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

    Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

    Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

  7. #6307
    DOCPSYCHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,197

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    I'm thinking of getting this one next. I love the notes in this, especially the heart-notes. But I see there is also vanilla, and I furiously detest vanilla.
    Is the vanilla strong or particularly noticable?
    /martin
    Hi Martin,

    I too have a problem with not really liking too much vanilla. I only want to tolerate a little of it maybe. This one it seems to be subtle or I can't detect it at all. In fact the entire fragrance is quite muted in my opinion. I purchased a bottle of this about 3-4 months ago on e-bay and returned it to the seller because I could hardly smell it. I thought I would try it again so I purchased this bottle from another seller. This one is a little stronger in sillage and longevity but I still have to refresh from time to time from a pocket atomizer. Nice fragrance. Don't get me wrong. I like it alot but the two bottles I have had were and are weak. This one a little stronger than the other. Totally unlike the New-York I am wearing tonight. 3-4 sprays to the chest and 8 hours later still going strong. No I would say as far as the vanilla aspect goes I believe you are safe. I like it but after two tries I'm not going to keep trying to chase a bottle with more oomph.

    Rick
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

    Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

    Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

  8. #6308
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,454
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    English leather mid-vintage MEM (80's with the screenprint bottle and pine cap)
    oh look, I have a signature

  9. #6309
    DOCPSYCHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,197

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Attachment 81148
    Boucheron Pour Homme Eau de Parfum

    Recommended to me both by Epapsiou and Purecaramel.

    I'm already in love with the stuff.

    Help
    A most excellent choice sir. Formal but quite wearable any time.
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

    Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

    Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

  10. #6310
    DOCPSYCHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,197

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    Paco Rabanne pH EDT, `93 on left hand, `89 on the right.

    I had this one when I was a pup. It's like perfect soap. Sharp, green, mossy. But I don't always like to wear it.

    But when I do — it's great stuff. Some favor the Azzaro but I never had old juice. I can only speak for the juice that Paco made.

    /AC
    I had a bottle of this when it first came out. Great stuff. I recently bought a bottle of the modern iteration. Very poor stuff. Didn't like it at all. It seemed a completely different critter than the original. The modern smells cheap and unoriginal.
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

    Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

    Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

  11. #6311
    ROBERTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    11,375

    Thumbs up Re: Your vintage SOTD



    Eau de Parfum
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Rocabar by Hermès

  12. #6312
    Dependent allkindsofwatches1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    calvin

    This is a great fragrance. The dry down is sandal-woody with a slight musky sweetness. Performance is really good for me.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  13. #6313
    Super Member Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    Hi Martin,

    I too have a problem with not really liking too much vanilla. I only want to tolerate a little of it maybe. This one it seems to be subtle or I can't detect it at all. In fact the entire fragrance is quite muted in my opinion. I purchased a bottle of this about 3-4 months ago on e-bay and returned it to the seller because I could hardly smell it. I thought I would try it again so I purchased this bottle from another seller. This one is a little stronger in sillage and longevity but I still have to refresh from time to time from a pocket atomizer. Nice fragrance. Don't get me wrong. I like it alot but the two bottles I have had were and are weak. This one a little stronger than the other. Totally unlike the New-York I am wearing tonight. 3-4 sprays to the chest and 8 hours later still going strong. No I would say as far as the vanilla aspect goes I believe you are safe. I like it but after two tries I'm not going to keep trying to chase a bottle with more oomph.

    Rick
    Thanks so much Rick! That's a very good description and very helpfull. Especially in regards to the vanilla but also on the oomph-factor, which will lead me to search for a smaller bottle instead. At least for starters. Really looking forward to experience the heart of this fragrance
    Thanks again and have a nice evening.
    /martin

  14. #6314
    Super Member Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Tonight is OMS ('90s formula). I like it a lot, especially the warm suede-like leather aroma I get from it. Great stuff. IMG_0809.jpg

  15. #6315
    Basenotes Plus

    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    22,992

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Currently wearing: KL Homme by Lagerfeld

  16. #6316

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    English leather mid-vintage MEM (80's with the screenprint bottle and pine cap)
    Any idea on the age of this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #6317

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    calvin

    This is a great fragrance. The dry down is sandal-woody with a slight musky sweetness. Performance is really good for me.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Lucky man! This was one of my first designers along with Drakkar. I went back to get some more after I used up the bottle and it was gone. I picked up one of those small .25oz samples recently. Good memories!

  18. #6318
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,454
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by masonjarjar View Post
    Any idea on the age of this one?
    That looks like 60's or maybe early 70's. The plain unfinished caps began appearing in the 80's.
    oh look, I have a signature

  19. #6319
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    242,087

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    SOTE: Lem by Galimard

    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  20. #6320
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,454
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Vintage Black Suede in the weird belt buckle bottle. IMG_20171206_211803_110.jpg
    Last edited by Zealot Crusader; 17th April 2018 at 09:44 PM.
    oh look, I have a signature

  21. #6321

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Attitude by Giorgio Armani (VINTAGE)

    WhatsApp Image 2018-04-18 at 3.17.26 AM.jpeg

  22. #6322
    Dependent Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    3,772

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    SOTN: Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui

  23. #6323
    Basenotes Plus

    Starblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,314

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Wearing LE DIX by Balenciaga. I somehow never tried this one before, but I think it's LOVE!
    Currently wearing: Jubilation 25 by Amouage

  24. #6324
    People of Zee Wurl, Relax
    IsoESuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,542

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Today:

    Ocean Rain - Mario Valentino

    Ambre Sultan - Serge Lutens (a 1999 bottle)
    _______

    Past few days:

    Ébène - Pierre Balmain

    Versailles pour Homme - Jean Desprez

    Vetiver - Etro (vintage EdC)

    Azzaro pour Homme (original version)

  25. #6325
    Finder of floofs.
    AceyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Culver City vice ATL
    Posts
    818

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    SOTN: Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui
    One of my all-time favorite evening comfort scents. Good call. And it also works well socially for the right age group: Pour Lui says to me "candlelit New York steakhouse work a nice stout Burgundy."

    (Great – now I'm hungry ...)

    /AC

  26. #6326
    DOCPSYCHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,197

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Wearing this one at home for the first time on a night off work. Initially I get a strong alcohol scent but kind of a clear alcohol like vodka. Then I get some very slight semi sweet fruit and then floral and herbal. Maybe eucalyptus but I'm not certain. It's definitely not a fragrance I've ever encountered before. I like it. It's strong enough for me and gentlemanly. It seems quite unique. I bought two mini's and have a FB on the way on a slow boat from Tiawan.

    Rick

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

    Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

    Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

  27. #6327
    Super Member Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    Wearing this one at home for the first time on a night off work. Initially I get a strong alcohol scent but kind of a clear alcohol like vodka. Then I get some very slight semi sweet fruit and then floral and herbal. Maybe eucalyptus but I'm not certain. It's definitely not a fragrance I've ever encountered before. I like it. It's strong enough for me and gentlemanly. It seems quite unique. I bought two mini's and have a FB on the way on a slow boat from Tiawan.

    Rick

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I thought you'd might like it
    /martin

  28. #6328
    Super Member Marand75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    All day and evening will be my number one sideman. As a bassplayer, it is my Carl Radle of fragrances (if that makes any sense)IMG_0634.jpg

  29. #6329
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    1,454
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Avon Deep Woods (1974)
    Log cap bottle shown. (Original release, not a decanter)

    Also, I have to halt testing any of the wonderful samples Epapsiou, Purecaramel, MyTwoScents, or AceyMan has given me because I have a head cold that has pretty much made it almost impossible to smell anything unless I roll around in it, so I'll be wearing a few old comfort selections until then.

    20171013_031526.jpg
    oh look, I have a signature

  30. #6330
    Dependent Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    3,772

    Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

    Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    One of my all-time favorite evening comfort scents. Good call. And it also works well socially for the right age group: Pour Lui says to me "candlelit New York steakhouse work a nice stout Burgundy."

    (Great – now I'm hungry ...)

    /AC
    Thanks. I agree that it's a good evening comfort scent. A lot of times I see it as a fragrance that can give me the vintage vibe without being an in-your-face scent bomb. Very good scent. Works very well in situations where you need not fill a room. Classy as well. Thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Avon Deep Woods (1974)
    Log cap bottle shown. (Original release, not a decanter)

    Also, I have to halt testing any of the wonderful samples Epapsiou, Purecaramel, MyTwoScents, or AceyMan has given me because I have a head cold that has pretty much made it almost impossible to smell anything unless I roll around in it, so I'll be wearing a few old comfort selections until then.

    20171013_031526.jpg
    Hope you get well soon!


    My SOTD: Egoiste. This is from a bottle hidden in the back of a friend's closet. He didn't even know he had it, nor the story behind it. But he thinks it's from his brother's small collection back in the day. It is nearly full and has sat unused in a dark cool spot for many years. Smells wonderful. I think he wants to keep it for sentimental reasons but have him convinced to sell it to me if he changes his mind. I managed to get 3ml of it, so I'm still happy with that... For the time being.

Page 211 of 250 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th January 2016, 06:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000