Code of Conduct
Page 285 of 466 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,550 of 13978

Default Re: Your vintage SOTD

Homme de Gres

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Vintage Tabarome - Creed

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Talking Re: Your vintage SOTD

EAU D'HERMES

This is the Coppertop and a 2001 product, so not quite Vintage, however many would say that it is somewhat timeless.

Eau-D'Hermes.jpg
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Freed from BN Institution

Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    SOTE: Vintage Tabarome - Creed

Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Nina Ricci Phileas

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    EAU D'HERMES

This is the Coppertop and a 2001 product, so not quite Vintage, however many would say that it is somewhat timeless.

Eau-D'Hermes.jpg
    For me vintage is creation date of the composition, not bottling of the specimen itself, or else half the people wearing vintage wouldn't be, and we don't need another layer of vetting/validation to add more social class strata to the hobby, since all that just divides us rather than letting us come together and share our passions.

That being said, I am wearing a sample of Santos de Cartier from unknown production, totally by accident. I had intended on wearing/reviewing Pasha de Cartier but I grabbed this tube by accident. As a second wear, I like it more than in my intial one, but am still on the fence about an FB.

I have a lot of these petitgrain top/oriental fougère base scents already (Versace L'Homme, Chanel Pour Monsieur Eau de Toilette Concentrée, etc)
    If I was going to add another one like this, it would be Guerlain Héritage, but I'll need to sniff Santos Concentrée before I make a total yay or nay call.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Avecesar View Post
    A classic!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Davidoff

Love this from beginning to end. This is how fragrance should behave. The development is nice although the top notes may be a little diminished in this bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Davidoff

Love this from beginning to end. This is how fragrance should behave. The development is nice although the top notes may be a little diminished in this bottle.

Veeeery nice

Sent from my foil-hat using Tapatalk
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Adidas (Beecham)

Monsieur de Givenchy, with some Le Galion Eau Noble on one wrist for comparison. I thought they were very similar, but the Le Galion feels considerably sharper , greener, and more citric, and the spices and woody aspects of the Givenchy are shining through. The Givenchy is also more muted in comparison.

The Le Galion now reminds me of YSL Pour Homme, so I'll have to do another comparison of those two.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    How is that one, Mr. Rodgers? Seen it alot but never tried it. TIA
    /martin

SOTE: Eau De Vetyver by Givenchy

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    How is that one, Mr. Rodgers? Seen it alot but never tried it. TIA
    /martin

Superlative and completely genderless despite the original marketing. Citrus / lavender opening, floral heart and a balanced sandalwood / cedar / patchouli base. Definitely shares a few parallels with Patou Pour Homme Prive (especially the lavender accord). Certainly not a replacement for PPHP but slightly easier to come by and well worth the effort. Kerleo at his very finest

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Davidoff

I love this one!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

Wearing Madras pour Homme from a decant generously supplied by my good friend My two scents. I thank you for this great scent again Sir

Rick

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    SOTE: Eau De Vetyver by Givenchy

Now that's something I'd looooove to get a sniff of!

Dependent

Calvin Klein - Calvin
    This one is soooooo unlike anything else from Calvin Klein... I pulled the trigger on this one recently after seeing some reviews re-surface, and it was totally worth the blind-buy. Definitely vintage vibe, but so nice it can be forgiven - being from 1981 and all. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post

Calvin Klein - Calvin
    This one is soooooo unlike anything else from Calvin Klein... I pulled the trigger on this one recently after seeing some reviews re-surface, and it was totally worth the blind-buy. Definitely vintage vibe, but so nice it can be forgiven - being from 1981 and all. ;-)
    It's definitely conventional for 1981, but I don't feel it had the cojones of peers like Kouros, Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui, Antaeus, and others from the era, so it still kinda had that "friendly" vibe everything Obsession onwards has, just a little more buried in staunch 80's base notes. Not saying you're wrong, but it's definitely more a collector's hype monster than something I think everyone who had it would reach for often if supply wasn't an issue. I blind bought a 30ml at the crazy-lucky price of $10, but the mucho $$$ I've seen this go for from some sellers is even less-deserved than other "unicorns" from the decade, although it is rather well-made compared to anything post-2000 from the house.

My vintage doohickey is Pasha de Cartier (1992) from a sample provided by MyTwoScents. Definitely in the Jazz/Égoïste/Jazz Prestige/Platinum Égoïste wheelhouse, but the best of them all outsode maybe Égoïste in my opinion. Instant love at first sniff, and will buy post-haste!!!
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    It's definitely conventional for 1981, but I don't feel it had the cojones of peers like Kouros, Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui, Antaeus, and others from the era, so it still kinda had that "friendly" vibe everything Obsession onwards has, just a little more buried in staunch 80's base notes.
    Oh, it definitely doesn't stand a chance against the big ones you mentioned. It is a total throwback to the 80's though, that's all I'm saying. ;-) The prices for it are stupid, I have to say - it's a bit nostalgic kick back, but for the money I'd rather recommend someone vintage Antaeus instead. I only got it because I was curious after reading some reviews, and I already have multiple bottles of the peers you mentioned, including unicorns such as Antaeus Sport Cologne (total misnomer - there's nothing sporty about it).

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader
    My vintage doohickey is Pasha de Cartier (1992) from a sample provided by MyTwoScents. Definitely in the Jazz/Égoïste/Jazz Prestige/Platinum Égoïste wheelhouse, but the best of them all outsode maybe Égoïste in my opinion. Instant love at first sniff, and will buy post-haste!!!
    Funny you mentioned Pasha. I gave away my bottle a few years ago to a friend who liked it on me. Haven't thought about it for a long time, but recently I started missing it. I must find another bottle, preferably early 1990's release, soon! Personally, I still think Égoïste Cologne Concentree is the winner in this small group, or at least that's what my fragrance storage vault thinks - 14 bottles of it... and if I find another one in good shape, I won't hesitate to buy even more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
    Nice! I just recently unearthed a 50ml bottle from the deep recesses of a perfume storage box. The bottle looks a little different, though. Mine is a spray. Is yours a splash?

Forgot to post this today...

Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

Giving Ma Liberte a more full testing on my arm today

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Nice! I just recently unearthed a 50ml bottle from the deep recesses of a perfume storage box. The bottle looks a little different, though. Mine is a spray. Is yours a splash?
    Yes, this is indeed a splash.
    I had an idea that early vintage splash was horizontal stripe and spray was vertical, but I could be wrong.
    Alan.
    *Edit*- Your juice also looks greener.......could be the photo.

So far I liked Patou pour homme prive better than the Ma Liberte from what I can remember of it when I owned it years ago.

Rick

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Page 285 of 466 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 ... LastLast